[Drama 2023] Payback/Law Money, 법쩐

larus

14 hours ago, jongski said:

I like the leads for this upcominh drama so I'm excited to watch this. Revenge drama needs to have to good flow of story. Writers know this. The past needs to be good so the present scenes will be better.  In other words flashback better good.

I like the leads too and I am a fan of revenge dramas. I am excited waiting for the drama. I wonder when the projected showing will be.

• Like 2

New Event: My Soompi Corner- Summer Round-Up :piggydance:

Chingus, so how was the summer of 2022? What dramas have you been watching?  Time to we catch up with each other. Do drop in and share what you have been up to.  

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

LeeSunKyun and MoonChaeWon officially confirmed cast for SBS drama LawMoney>, a thrilling revenge drama about our story of fighting without hesitation with everything to confront the cartel of “Money,” which is in collusion with the “Law”. Broadcast in 1st half of 2023.

Great that it's official. Here's another article:

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Sun Gyun and Moon Chae Won will be starring in a new drama!

On September 7, SBS confirmed the main cast for the upcoming drama “Beopjjeon” (romanized title), which is set to premiere in the first half of 2023.

“Beopjjeon” is a drama that tells thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight the money (“jjeon”) cartel that colluded with the law (“beop”). The drama’s portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against the incompetent and unjust authority in their own way will provide thrill and catharsis to viewers.

The drama stars Lee Sun Gyun and Moon Chae Won, who are known for their unrivaled abilities to take on their characters, raising viewers’ anticipation greatly. In addition to this, writer Kim Won Seok, who proved his ability to create interesting stories and well-made fictional worlds through the dramas “The Queen’s Classroom” and “Descendants of the Sun,” and director Lee Won Tae, who showcased his abilities through the films “The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil” and “Man of Will,” collaborated on the upcoming drama, heralding the birth of another masterpiece.

Lee Sun Gyun will take on the role of Eun Yong, a hermit-like businessman who is the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and owner of a global private equity fund. Lee Sun Gyun, who became a world star through the film “Parasite,” boasts a diverse filmography including rom-coms and eye-catching action films. Viewers are curious to find out how Lee Sun Gyun will portray Eun Yong.

Moon Chae Won, who is making her return to the small screen after about two years, will play the role of Army Major Park Joong Kyung, an elite judicial officer who passed the bar exam and graduated the training institute with top scores. Moon Chae Won, who makes her presence known in each project with her unique calm and elegant atmosphere, will exude charisma as the role of Park Joong Kyung, adding excitement to the story.

The production team remarked, “‘Beopjjeon’ has started its journey with the goal of premiering in the first half of 2023. All the cast and crew are doing their best to create a high-quality drama that will take over the drama [industry] in 2023. Please look forward to the new Friday-Saturday drama ‘Beopjjeon,’ which will be the outcome of everyone’s hard work and enthusiasm.”

• Like 2

by lo_ve, September 7, 2022
1 0

Lee Sun Kyun and Moon Chae Won have been picked to lead a new law drama.

On September 7th, SBS confirmed that Lee Sun Kyun and Moon Chae Won will be the leading roles in the upcoming Friday and Saturday drama "Law Money."

"Law Money" will depict the journey of Eun Yong, a money trader who will be against a money cartel that is against the law. The series will be directed by Lee Won Tae ("The Gangster, The Cop and The Devil") and written by Kim Won Seok ("Descendants of the Sun" and "The Queen's Classroom"). 

Lee Sun Kyun will play the role of Eun Young. He is the owner of a global private equity fund. Moon Chae Won on the other hand will play the role of Park Joong Kyung, an elite judicial officer.

"Law Money" will premiere in the first half of 2023. The drama will exclusively air on SBS. 

6Rz82_2f.jpg

This drama will be the first series of Lee Sun Kyun for this year. He last starred in the 2021 drama "Dr. Brain" with Lee Yoo Young, Park Hee Soon, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Jae Won, and Jo Bok Rae. This year, he was part of the film "Kingmaker: The Fox of the Election." The actor will also star in the upcoming movies "Silence," "Sleep," "Killing Romance," and "The Land of Happiness."

Meanwhile, this will be the comeback of Moon Chae Won to the small screen after two years. She last starred in the 2020 drama "Flower of Evil" together with Lee Joon Gi, Jang Hee Jin, Seo Hyun Woo, Nam Ki Ae, Son Jong Hak, and more. Aside from "Law Money," Moon Chae Won will also lead the upcoming drama "Things Have Fallen Off" directed by Han Yoon Sun ("18 - Eighteen Noir").

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-sun-kyun-and-moon-chae-won-will-be-the-main-leads-of-a-new-sbs-drama

• Like 2

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• 2 weeks later...

Park Hoon, reunion with the writer of 'Descendants of the Sun'...

news-p.v1.20220926.b2cdfd4b924b49b882e27

In the play, Park Hoon takes on the role of Hwang Ki-seok, the chief prosecutor of the special division. At the age of 21, he took the impeccable elite course, such as the juvenile grade system for the bar exam, the deputy seat of the training institute, the judicial officer, and the first appointment of the Seoul District Prosecutor's Office. He is a person called Chef Hwang within the prosecution service.

Through this Hwang Ki-seok, Park Hoon is expected to take responsibility for the tension of the play along with Eun-yong (Lee Seon-gyun), a hermit money trader, and Park Jun-kyung (Moon Chae-won), an elite justice officer. As Park Hoon has made his presence shine with his unique character digestion power in each work, interest is already paying attention to what kind of passionate performance he will show this time.

https://news.koreadaily.com/2022/09/25/sports/broadcast/20220925205344321.html

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202209261723003&sec_id=540201

Spoiler

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Park Hwan-hee Signs a Deal with Image9 Communications and to Appear in Beopjjeon

photo1573052.jpg

(skipped other info)

"Park Hwan-hee also reported the news of joining the SBS TV drama "Beopjjeon" (scriptwriter Kim Won-seok-II, director Lee Won-tae), a revenge drama about the story of fighting for everything to fight against the cartel of the money in collusion with the law. In the drama, she plays Eun Ji-hee, Eun Yong's older sister (Lee Sun-kyun), expressing various ages from teenagers to 30s."

Source: https://www.hancinema.net/park-hwan-hee-signs-a-deal-with-image9-communications-and-to-appear-on-beopjjeon-164427.html

I didn't realize we would see characters at different stages of their lives. Wonder who they'll get to play a young LSK, unless he plays himself as a teenager. :)

• Like 3

On 10/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, the_sweetroad said:

I didn't realize we would see characters at different stages of their lives. Wonder who they'll get to play a young LSK, unless he plays himself as a teenager.

When I read that she plays her older sister I was a little surprised. She looks so young in the picture. :) But it makes sense if they show characters in different stages of their life.

"Park Hwan-hee takes on the role of Eun-yong (Lee Seon-gyun)'s older sister Eun Ji-hee in the play. Park Hwan-hee will represent Eun Ji-hee's wide age range from teenagers to 30s in her drama." I doubt that Lee Sun Kyun will play the teenager version also. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, larus said:

When I read that she plays her older sister I was a little surprised. She looks so young in the picture.

That was my thought too, that she looks so young. So if she’s supposed be to the older sister and she only gets to her 30’s in the story, now I wonder if Lee Sun Kyun will be playing someone in his 30’s. Unless his older sister dies in her 30’s and he keeps getting older. :tears: I guess we shall see! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

That was my thought too, that she looks so young. So if she’s supposed be to the older sister and she only gets to her 30’s in the story, now I wonder if Lee Sun Kyun will be playing someone in his 30’s. Unless his older sister dies in her 30’s and he keeps getting older. :tears: I guess we shall see! 

I was surprised that there will be a story about different stages of the lead character`s life but I should not be surprised. In revenge dramas it is always a personal story. I guess the hero fights about the cartel not only because he want`s justice, to fight for the good but it is something personal as well. Right now I also suspect that his sister died.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, larus said:

Right now I also suspect that his sister died.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, sadiesmith said:

Did anyone share already that MCW's character is motivated to find out what led to her mother's murder?

If LSK’s sister dies, and MCW’s mother was murdered, then this will be quite the revenge story and give the leads some solid motivation to bring down the cartel.

I’m not usually into the revenge genre but I find myself watching whatever shows LSK wants to do. :) I’ve never seen MCW but I’m looking forward to seeing her here for the first time.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I’m not usually into the revenge genre but I find myself watching whatever shows LSK wants to do. :) I’ve never seen MCW but I’m looking forward to seeing her here for the first time.

I am not a fan of revenge dramas also. I saw just a few and if I have to choose I will choose not to watch revenge dramas. But I like the cast and the plot doesn`t sound like a classic revenge melodrama makjang style.

So it will be the first time you watch Moon Chae Won. :) And she will be paired on screen with one of your favorite actor. Nice.  I watched both the leads in four dramas (each) so far. The cast for Law Money  is good . Hope the plot will be good also.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Casting news

[Official] Park Hoon and Rival... Choi Min-cheol confirmed to appear in 'The Law'... Acting with Lee Sun-kyun and Moon Chae-won

BF.31753890.1.jpg

On the 8th, his agency Big Boss Entertainment announced, "Choi Min-cheol has confirmed his appearance in SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Law Money' as his next work." 'Law Money' is a thrilling revenge drama about our side, who fights without hesitation, risking everything to fight the cartel of 'money' in collusion with 'law'. It will provide thrilling thrills and catharsis through the images of those who refuse to remain silent in the face of incompetent and unjust power and fight passionately in their own way.

Choi Min-cheol takes on the role of Park Jung-soo, a prosecutor in the 5th detective division. Park Jung-soo, played by Choi Min-cheol, looks like a chief prosecutor who is united with the right conviction and sense of justice, but is an ambitious person who constantly strives for his own profit and promotion.

In addition, it is expected that a subtle rivalry will be created with Hwang Ki-seok (Park Hoon), a brain who has taken the elite course and the chief prosecutor of the special division, which will add vitality to the play. Choi Min-cheol has been active in various fields, going back and forth between stage, screen and CRT. He made an impression through the drama 'My Liberation Journal' and the movie 'Remember', which recently ended in popularity.

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022110838214

• Like 2

Casting news

Actor Lim Dong Min will appear in drama Law Money in a role of a prosecutor.

We don`t have an official date but Law Money will be release in January 6?

Spoiler

• Blob 1