[Drama 2023] Payback/Law Money, 법쩐

larus

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Moon Chae Won And Lee Sun Gyun Gaze At Each Other With Mixed Emotions In “Payback”

SBS’s upcoming drama “Payback” has shared a glimpse of Moon Chae Won and Lee Sun Gyun’s reunion after 10 years!

“Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way.

In the newly released stills, Eun Yong (Lee Sun Gyun) and Park Joon Kyung (Moon Chae Won) are facing each other under a black umbrella on a rainy night. Eun Yong holds up a large umbrella for Park Joon Kyung so that she can avoid the cold rain and gives her a warm gaze. Park Joon Kyung looks back at Eun Yong silently and smiles with a complex expression filled with mixed feelings. Viewers are curious to find out about the past stories between these two who reunite after 10 years.

payback04.jpeg

payback03.jpeg

Spoiler

payback02.jpeg

payback01.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Both of the actors showed fantastic chemistry with excellent immersion into the drama and sincere attitudes and finished filming in a flash. Please look forward to the performances of Lee Sun Gyun and Moon Chae Won, who will definitely provide viewers with the most perfect chemistry in the new year.”

“Payback” will premiere on January 6 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

Moon Chae Won And Lee Sun Gyun Gaze At Each Other With Mixed Emotions In “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Dear Kim Won-suk Writer,

Please. I don't need your leads to be breaking from convention now.

Totally agree! :lol: And what’s all this talk about their perfect chemistry?

I really like the way they’re styling present-day LSK. Looks like a lot of fine clothing. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And SBS even calls it "legendary umbrella scene." What a troll. My guess is this is the scene preceding her angrily shouting the lines about her mom. And I assume this is where he decides he will come alongside her to fight against "injustice."

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

And SBS even calls it "legendary umbrella scene." What a troll.

:lol:

Yeah, this seems like a misleading umbrella scene, since it's when they first see each other again rather than at the climax of a long, drawn-out romantic story.

I'm not holding my breath for romance but it is really interesting that they seem to be playing it up right now. I didn't expect that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Koala's take:

"Well what have we here...The drama is about people fighting back against a corrupt money cartel involving the rich and powerful and blah blah blah that's all good but please give me some emotional core and even better yet rich romantic tension."

Oh my goodness too funny. Looks like everyone is clamoring for some romance here.

I've never seen MCW before but it sounds like she can carry some romantic weight, and we know LSK can, too. That would be great if there were a loveline here. But I still won't get my hopes up until I see it. In fact, this really reminds me more of Tom Cruise and Demi Moore in A Few Good Men. :D

• Like 2

Even the Korean media is now wondering what's going on:

Umbrella god created by the writer of 'Empress Dowager'...'Lee Sun-kyun' x Moon Chae-won, affection in the rain

202212201742770528_63a176f968927.jpg

[OSEN=Reporter Park So-young] Lee Seon-kyun and Moon Chae-won of 'Beopjeon' announced the birth of the most anticipated 'special chemistry' in the new year with the 'Umbrella Two-Shot' that reads each other's minds just by looking at their eyes.

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Beopjeon' (written by Kim Won-seok/directed by Lee Won-tae/produced Red9 Pictures), which will be broadcast at 10:00 pm on Friday, January 6, 2023, shows a 'money merchant' fighting against the cartel of 'law' and 'money'. ' It is an exhilarating revenge drama between Eun-yong and 'legal engineer' Joon-kyung. Writer Kim Won-seok of the dramas 'Queen's Classroom' and 'Descendants of the Sun' and director Lee Won-tae of the films 'The Bad Guy' and 'Captain Kim Chang-soo' have formed a trustworthy team of spirit, and Lee Sun-gyun - Moon Chae-won - Kang Yoo-seok - Park Hoon - Kim Hong-pa and other actors. The lineup is getting hotter as it gets tougher.

In the drama, Lee Seon-gyun plays Eun-yong, a wealthy capitalist living in seclusion in the grasslands of Mongolia, and Moon Chae-won plays Park Joon-kyung, a former elite prosecutor who became an army judge. The two people, who shared the joys and sorrows of a brother and sister-like relationship in their childhood, encounter an unexpected incident while walking on completely different paths of being a 'money merchant' and 'a righteous prosecutor', respectively, and encounter each other after 10 years.

In this regard, a picturesque two-shot of Lee Sun-gyun and Moon Chae-won facing each other under a black umbrella on a rainy night was released. The scene shows when Eun-yong (Lee Sun-kyun) in a black trench coat approaches Park Joon-kyung (Moon Chae-won), who is still in the rain while she is wearing a uniform. Eun-yong holds up a large umbrella to Park Joon-kyung to block her from the cold rain and gives her warm eyes. Park Joon-kyung also looks at such Eun-yong silently and smiles with a complex emotion mixed with her gratitude and emotion. The two people who meet again with difficulty raise questions about what kind of past history they are entangled in, and what is the story of facing each other after 10 years.

On the other hand, Lee Seon-gyun and Moon Chae-won voluntarily rehearsed without any sign of exhaustion despite the fact that they were filming in the rain in the late hours and in the chilly weather, and bought models for the set (?). When the rain began to pour from the water cannon that was mobilized to the scene, the two immediately immersed themselves in emotions, and perfectly expressed the characters' situation, which is a mixture of various emotions such as joy and sadness, emotion and gratitude, with a thick concentration, exclaiming "yes".

The production team said, “Both of them showed a fantastic acting sum with their excellent immersion and sincere attitude, and finished the filming in a flash.” they said.

Meanwhile, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Beopjeon' will be broadcast for the first time at 10:00 pm on January 6, 2023 (Fri).

• Like 4

News bites: December 21, 2022

by tccolb

• A slew of new posters have arrived this week for SBS’s Payback, featuring the charismatic main cast: Lee Seon-kyun (Dr. Brain), Moon Chae-won (Flower of Evil), Kang Yoo-seok (I Haven’t Done My Best Yet), Park Hoon (Big Mouth), and Kim Hong-pa (Shadow Detective). The revenge games begin next month on January 6, following The First Responders in the Friday-Saturday slot. [Newsen (1), (2)
  •  

RUZODXJL5QTVM4KMPMUZUYV234.jpg

202212190908481910_1_20221219091203113.j

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/12/news-bites-december-21-2022/

• Like 4

Lee Sun-kyun and Moon Chae-won, intense visual attack... 'Beopjeon' character poster released

RUZODXJL5QTVM4KMPMUZUYV234.jpg

'Fun' Lee Sun-gyun, Moon Chae-won, Kang Yoo-seok, Park Hoon, and Kim Hong-pa showed off powerful visuals that exploded the immersion of the 5-person 5-color characters.

On the 22nd, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Beopjeon' (played by Kim Won-seok, directed by Lee Won-tae) presented a character poster in which five actors, Lee Sun-kyun, Moon Chae-won, Kang Yoo-seok, Park Hoon, and Kim Hong-pa, digested their intense and subjective characters with a 200% synchro rate.

First, Lee Seon-kyun, who plays Eun-yong, a reclusive money dealer who stakes everything on revenge to regain the dignity of the 'one grateful person' who was sacrificed in an unfair transaction, exuded the force of a big money capitalist with an image that feels relaxed and charismatic at the same time. In addition, the intense character logline, "I will buy the entire Korean prosecutor's office. Not with the law, but with money," adds to the curiosity about Eun-yong's story.

Moon Chae-won, who was a righteous prosecutor than anyone else, but was willing to become a monster to fight monsters, is wearing a clean suit and staring straight ahead with determined eyes. Here, she catches the viewer's attention with a strong statement, "If the prosecutor doesn't punish, someone else should do it" and radiates a look that seems to warn someone.

G4MLZSIRQ7XPU67Q6FYT6HPXIE.jpg

Kang Yoo-seok, dressed in a black suit, expressed the character of Jang Tae-chun, a hot-blooded young prosecutor who is still less young with gun-filled eyes and firm lips, but is more resilient than anyone else. In addition, the ambition of "I wanted to succeed. As a swordsman who can defeat the evil that no one in the world can ignore. With great spirits" is added, and it makes us look forward to the cider performance of Jang Tae-chun, a fighter who will stand up to the great evil.

Hwang Ki-seok, a ruthless ambitious man who does not hesitate to collude with the enemy in order to stand at the top of the power of entering the Blue House, Park Hoon, shot eyes full of confidence and ambition, clearly expressing the aspect of the special department chief prosecutor who has only followed the elite course. While the provocative comment "But, if you're like me, you won't fight with me" makes the spine chill, attention is focused on what kind of catastrophe the opponent facing Hwang Ki-seok will lead.

Lastly, Kim Hong-pa, who plays Chairman Myung In-joo, a big hand in the corporate bond market and the godfather of the underground economy who built a greedy cartel in cooperation with the law, added tension with his dark sunglasses covering his eyes so that his intentions could not be easily read. The direct and meaningful phrase, "The strong man is the one who holds the money, and the one who has the money is the strong man" arouses curiosity about the development of a chilling revenge drama.

The production team said, "The actors are so good together, so they were full of encouragement, support, and laughter toward each other at the poster shooting site." “Please look forward to this broadcast.”

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/tv/2022/12/22/UKEDLSORHLSHM6VMMVMBUUBMRI/

https://www3.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202212220836136310

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Law Money`s Kang Yoo-seok dirt spoon Kang Yu-seok vs Seoul National University golden spoon Park Hoon, a sharp battle of nerves in a closed-room psychological battle

2022122101001414400182031.jpg

Kang Yoo-seok and Park Hoon's cold-blooded closed room alone were caught.

On December 21st, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Law Money ' (script Kim Won-seok/director Lee Won-tae) released stills of actors Kang Yoo-seok and Park Hoon.

In the play, Kang Yoo-seok plays Jang Tae-chun, a prosecutor Mal-seok, who is in his third year at the Seoul District Prosecutor’s Office, and Park Hoon plays the role of Hwang Ki-seok, a key brain chief prosecutor in the Seoul District Prosecutor’s Office’s special department. Jang Tae-chun is a person who is united with ambition and zeal to rise to the special department, the highest power line in the prosecution, even though he is a dirt spoon from a provincial university. Unlike Jang Tae-chun, Hwang Ki-seok, born in the elite, reveals his desire to enter the Blue House and his reckless ambition to rise to the top of power.

In this regard, Kang Yoo-seok and Park Hoon, who seemed unlikely to mix at all, were caught in a tense confrontation in the office. In the play, Hwang Ki-seok called Jang Tae-chun to the special department chief prosecutor's office on the 7th floor of the Seoul District Prosecutor's Office. Jang Tae-chun is alert with a tense attitude, and Hwang Ki-seok calmly gains momentum with his unique skill and charisma. However, Jang Tae-chun, who has the guts, responds to Hwang Ki-seok's force with an attitude that does not lose. Attention is focusing on the reason why Jang Tae-chun entered the 'League of Their Own', where he could not even open the door with his ID, and why the sharp psychological warfare between Jang Tae-chun and Hwang Ki-seok took place.

In this regard, Kang Yoo-seok and Park Hoon, who seemed unlikely to mix at all, were caught in a tense confrontation in the office. In the play, Hwang Ki-seok called Jang Tae-chun to the special department chief prosecutor's office on the 7th floor of the Seoul District Prosecutor's Office. Jang Tae-chun is alert with a tense attitude, and Hwang Ki-seok calmly gains momentum with his unique skill and charisma. However, Jang Tae-chun, who has the guts, responds to Hwang Ki-seok's force with an attitude that does not lose. Attention is focusing on the reason why Jang Tae-chun entered the 'League of Their Own', where he could not even open the door with his ID, and why the sharp psychological warfare between Jang Tae-chun and Hwang Ki-seok took place.

The production team said, “The two people with different charisma expressed the invisible strength of power and nerve war between the two in a realistic way with a few lines of dialogue and eye acting.” Please look forward to an exciting story about why the two people in the same situation came to confront each other.”

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202212210100141440018203&servicedate=20221221

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2022122115205247681

• Like 4

Park Hoon of 'Bob', cool eyes X fishy smile... Unrivaled Aura Explosion

2022121610241008025d3244b4fed18217218513

Park Hoon of 'Law Money' will take on the role of Hwang Ki-seok, an elite prosecutor with absolute power who stands above the law and money.

Park Hoon will play the role of Hwang Ki-seok, an elite prosecutor who is considered the core brain among the top real-life line special department within the Seoul District Prosecutor's Office in 'Law Money'. While Hwang Ki-seok is showing no rough steps to stand at the peak of his desire to enter the Blue House, he unexpectedly meets Eun-yong (Lee Sun-kyun), a 'money dealer', Jang Tae-chun (Kang Yoo-seok), a prosecutor at the criminal department, and Park Joon-kyung (Moon Chae-won), a former prosecutor. will stand on Park Hoon is expected to amplify the level of immersion with his unconventional villain acting, which has become Hwang Ki-seok himself, from his eyes to his tone and facial expression.

In this regard, Park Hoon conveyed the first force that instantly dominated the screen with a cool smile and fishy eyes. In the play, Hwang Ki-seok enters the press room of the prosecutor's office and watches the briefing of his junior prosecutor. While Hwang Ki-seok's character, who does not tolerate even the slightest disturbance in neat pomade hair and an angular suit, is revealed, Hwang Ki-seok looks at his opponent with uncomfortable and tense eyes, arousing curiosity. Attention is focusing on what will be the contents of the emergency briefing on the day that overturned the Seoul District Prosecutors' Office, and how Hwang Ki-seok, a 'desire-catch' who will do anything for what he wants, will win power and ambition.

On the other hand, Hoon Park commented on his feelings about joining 'Law Money', saying, "I am grateful to be able to participate in a work that is very necessary in this era, which raises the topics of 'law' and 'money'," and added, "Great staff. I will do my best to act until the end so that it can be a work that many viewers can enjoy with the heart that I am responsible for a part of the message and fun that the work gives along with fellow senior and junior actors whom I respect.”

The production team said, “To the extent that Hwang Ki-seok, not Park Hoon, is unimaginable, he is demonstrating his acting ability to perfectly express the character’s personality only with his eyes and facial expressions.” Please look forward to Hwang Ki-seok in ‘The Villain’.”

https://m.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202212160255

• Like 4

On 12/21/2022 at 6:37 AM, the_sweetroad said:

I've never seen MCW before but it sounds like she can carry some romantic weight, and we know LSK can, too. That would be great if there were a loveline here. But I still won't get my hopes up until I see it. In fact, this really reminds me more of Tom Cruise and Demi Moore in A Few Good Men. :D

I can see why. They even look kinda alike here:

Demi Moore 'A Few Good Men' Signed 8x10 Photo Certified Authentic GA ...

Moon Chae Won And Lee Sun Gyun Gaze At Each Other With Mixed Emotions ...

I haven't seen MCW in anything either, but judging from her past works, she seems to prefer more serious dramas, whether they are romance or not. I am excited to see her in Payback.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I can see why. They even look kinda alike here:

Haha, thanks for finding that pic. The styling is definitely similar. I had been thinking about the scene where Tom Cruise and Demi Moore have an emotional conversation in the rain :), but I can't find photos for that scene now.

Don't you love the slew of information and stills we've been getting over the past two weeks? It's been so great. I'm pleasantly surprised by how suave and even sassy LSK's character is turning out to be. I don't know what I had expected - maybe a character more like Dr Brain - but looking at his character poster above we may get something more like his Pasta alpha male.

b75ojeagh2d6b65h.jpg?si78bvc2

• Like 3

Lee Sun Gyun, Moon Chae Won, And More Boast Distinctive Charisma In Fearless Character Posters For “Payback”

Lee Sun Gyun, Moon Chae Won, And More Boast Distinctive Charisma In Fearless Character Posters For “Payback”

Dec 23, 2022
by M. Lim
Lee Sun Gyun, Moon Chae Won, Kang You Seok, Park Hoon, and Kim Hong Pa have immersed themselves into their roles in new character posters for “Payback”!

“Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way.

Lee Sun Gyun stars as reclusive money dealer Eun Yong, who plans a high-stakes plot for revenge in order to help regain the dignity of a certain person he’s thankful to who was sacrificed in an unfair trade. With his head held high, Eun Yong oozes charisma and self-confidence one can expect from a highly profitable hedge fund manager like him. His resolution is perfectly represented by the writing next to him reading, “I’m going to buy all of South Korea’s prosecutors. Not with the law but with money.”

Lee-Sun-Gyun-3.jpeg

Moon Chae Won will star as Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer and former prosecutor. Park Joon Kyung’s clean suit and firm gaze give viewers a glimpse of her characteristics as a morally upright and just prosecutor. However, the phrase next to her hints at her determination to change herself to become a monster to fight against other monsters. “If the prosecutor doesn’t do their job of questioning people for their crime and punish them, then someone else should.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1559695wpp/lee-sun-gyun-moon-chae-won-and-more-boast-distinctive-charisma-in-fearless-character-posters-for-payback

• Like 5

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Sun Gyun Devises A Bold Plan To Overtake Law Using Money In Dramatic Teaser For “Payback”

A second teaser has dropped for SBS’s upcoming drama “Payback”!

“Payback” tells the thrilling revenge story of those who risk everything to fight a money cartel that has colluded with the law. The drama will give viewers both thrills and catharsis through its portrayal of those who refuse to remain silent and fight against incompetent and unjust authority in their own way. Lee Sun Gyun stars as reclusive money dealer Eun Yong and Moon Chae Won will star as Army Major Park Joon Kyung, an elite judicial officer and former prosecutor.

At the start of the second teaser, Eun Yong speaks to a room full of people sitting at computers. He calls out to them, “This operation is one that can only be successful if we become one.”

After, Park Joon Kyung sneaks into an empty office late at night to secretly open a safe, take out a document, and forge it with the chairman’s stamp. Park Joon Kyung is eventually taken in for questioning and her senior prosecutor Hwang Gi Seok (Park Hoon) stares her down coldly while overseeing the investigation.

Young prosecutor Jang Tae Choon (Kang You Seok), who is also Eun Yong’s nephew, finds himself working with Hwang Gi Seok who tells him, “The code of laws is an ideal, but this is reality.” Displeased with their cooperation, Park Joon Kyung firmly tells Eun Yong, “If they’re on Hwang Gi Seok’s side, they’re enemies. It’s the same even if it’s prosecutor Jang, your family.”

Eun Yong explains, “There’s no way to win cleanly in this dirty fight. We cannot go up against president Myung using law and principle.” That’s when chairman Myung In Joo (Kim Hong Pa) appears, previewing the vicious crimes he’s been committing while thriving as a key player in the corporate bond market.

Although the fight is sure to be a tough one, Eun Yong does not back down. He proudly states, “I’m a shopkeeper. I will buy the entire South Korean prosecution with money, not law.” Chairman Myung taunts, “Now that we’ve drawn our swords, let’s fight until the end.” Eun Yong responds with a warning, “Instead, do not touch my family.”

Catch the teaser below!

After releasing the drama’s second teaser, the producers of “Payback” commented, “The unrivalled story, acting, and visuals created by the teamwork between our writer, director, and actors that could not have been any better, will deliver intense fun that goes beyond your imagination. In January 2023, please support ‘Payback’ which will instantly fascinate viewers who have earnestly been waiting for the birth of a new genre drama.”

“Payback” premieres on January 6, 2023 at 10 p.m. KST!

Watch: Lee Sun Gyun Devises A Bold Plan To Overtake Law Using Money In Dramatic Teaser For “Payback” | Soompi

• Like 3