[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

29 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I still maintain my earlier opinions that there is No Romance in this drama.

Ra-El and Kang Yoon Gyeom cannot be together because Ra-El has done too much damage, and has been deceptive.  Without Trust, there can be No Real Relationship.

When all is over, including whatever legal punishments she may have to receive, Seo Eun Pyeong will take Ra-El away somewhere to lead a Quiet Life.

Seo Eun Pyeong is already madly in love with Ra-el, i just think that Ra-el is too damaged now,  but i'm sure if she doesn't die  at the ending, Eun Pyeong will be with her at any cost. It will be intriguing to see how they will manage to finish this whole mess.  

• Like 5

Ep. 07 cracked me up:joy: couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it all! Everyone has gone Kanye West crazyyy.:joy:

Jin Wook's reaction was so left field like did he not notice all those times his wife spent time away from the family? Or how she is too close for comfort with Kang Idk LoL? He is like magic LoL disappear and reappear whenever convenient.

Don't even get me started on resident psycho ***** So Ra (btw kudos to actress she nailed her) she's ok to rolling around with boytoy but oh it's not ok for Kang to have an affair geez. The final scene of her running take the cake for me!:joy: I was expecting her to yell at boytoy/ bodyguard to drive her away or something.:joy: Very amusing drama this is.:thumbsup:

Jokes aside, somebody PLEASE SAVE THE KIDS. Bo Ram , Da Bi...:cold_sweat:

Oh next preview show La El showin' up in the Bulgari necklace or what most of you call " motorcycle chain". :tounge_xd: I saw the necklace on model Bella Hadid it wasn't that atrocious.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I have very little sympathy for YK. He chose to be where he is.

Perhaps  his father's contempt, FIL's manipulations and SR's craziness may have contributed to his choice to be in a loveless marriage, to be a tool of his father's but at the end of the day, he is 40 something, healthy and wealthy.  If he has to pay the price, whatever it is, then it's normal. We all pay for our choices.

Why is RE's husband called fake? Aren't they married? It seems like they have a normal marriage although the reason for the marriage is not love. Fake MIL seems right. the daughter must have been adopted, she's still RE's daughter?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I still maintain my earlier opinions that there is No Romance in this drama.

Ra-El and Kang Yoon Gyeom cannot be together because Ra-El has done too much damage, and has been deceptive.  Without Trust, there can be No Real Relationship.

When all is over, including whatever legal punishments she may have to receive, Seo Eun Pyeong will take Ra-El away somewhere to lead a Quiet Life.

since the drama at the start mentioned twin flames, the premise of twin flames is that they are to find each other to bring about self confrontation of pain, hurt, feelings of anger and sadness in order to for them to confront those feelings and finally release. I guess in a way, it will make them stronger? For Ra El and KYG, it will be hard since they have to confront the realities of what happened in the past and go through a lot of difficult self work, to understand and forgive each other to heal themselves. I think that finding out the violence of the takeover of the company and Ra El's intention in having an affair with him will make KYG have feelings of anger but also of understanding Rael's deep resentment and wanting for revenge. Maybe in the long run the action of redress will come from  KYG and let Ra El Go so they can both heal. He may even give up the desire to be king. when he knows the foundation of the takeover was based on violence and the death of Ra El's father. And when all is over, Ra El may end up leaving with SE. But what will happen to SE and HPR, will SE give up his candidacy for presidency to help Ra El get revenge?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

And when all is over, Ra El may end up leaving with SE. But what will happen to SE and HPR, will SE give up his candidacy for presidency to help Ra El get revenge?

@lila21  Exactly.  That's what I'm saying.  When all is over.  Ra-El will most probably leave with SEP somewhere to lead a quiet life.   But it is not for Love.  SEP will  definitely take care of her.  They don't need Love to be together. 

Unlike Ra-El and Kang Yoon Gyeom.  If there is no Love and Desire,  there will not be a relationship for them.

SEP has already given his Presidential Candidacy.  From what I see, his only concern now, is to help and protect Ra-El.

7 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Seo Eun Pyeong is already madly in love with Ra-el, 

It is a One-Sided Love.  You need both hands to clap, to start a Romance. SEP and Ra-El is more like a Family. 

- They understand each other.

- They will protect each other.

- They can be themselves with each other.  No Deception.  No Pretense.

- They will always forgive each other.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I believe in Ep 8, Ra-El is going to Reveal her relationship with Kang Yoon Gyeom.  She is going to wear her  "Motor-Cycle Chain".  

I could not help LOL when Han So Ra caught with Lee Yeon Wook - Ra-El's Bodyguard.  Han So Ra was "Stunned".  How could her husband dump her for such A Mistress - So Masculine,  So "Tom-Boyish",  So "Unattractive".

:loolz:

Spoiler

You called it chingu! She exposed the affair.,.with motorcycle chain and everything!

I am rather enjoying the pacing of this drama. Many revenge dramas that I see spent the majority of episodes building the reasons why character should take revenge/the bad guys ‘winning’ whereas we see her ‘winning’ all ploys and successfully manipulating the situation like a chess player moving pieces on both sides. And even if now she won’t be as successful in her moves like she was the past 8 episodes, I am satisfied enough to accept that. My only worry is I’ve been seeing a lot of viewers sus SEP. that he is ‘too good to be true’ and there is more to be revealed about him. I will hate if the twist is he is one she should have gotten revenge on, and everyone else was a waste of time/energy. I don’t think he is though-unless he was working for chairman kangs dad, HPR seems to not recognize him at all as the lawyer in charge of the G company case.

@Latte_Anyday

Spoiler

Ep 8 cracked me up when the two father in laws got into a Whole fight. Now that’s the hilarious petty revenge I’m talking about. Get both your enemies fighting each other in public LOLOLOL

• Like 4

We're at the halfway mark. With 8 ep. left I wonder what is left to explore - more craziness LoL perhaps?

Aside from the ott factor, fashion here is another talking point. What's with the fascinator La El keep wearing LoL? Is she attending the horse derby or is she a guest with the english royal family LoL?

When she stood next to So Ra - they both looked like x'mas decor with their red, green dresses ahahah! Also the actor playin' Kang really need to work on his facial expressions.

The 2 ol'farts what a sight! With So Ra's dad kicking air LMFAo. The 2 old men were like toddlers with the petty name calling etc.

So Ra's top at the art gallery looked like a bib. I sense more passion between La El & So Ra over her with Kang ha-ha. I actually thought the ladies would kiss standing so close to e.o. 

I kind of feel for Jin Wook, guess he really does love La El; too bad he's just a pawn she uses to achieve her goal. Which leave Assemblyman Seo... hmm. I thought that was unexpected of La El to be concerned over the bodyguard. Since she's Kang's staff and he's considered her enemy.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 8! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Jinxed At First,” “Eve,” And “Insider” All Climb To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Eve” wrapped up the first half of its run on its own all-time high, scoring an average nationwide rating of 4.141 percent for its latest episode.

“Jinxed At First,” “Eve,” And “Insider” All Climb To Their Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 2

Three men and Ms.La-el.Yet the femme fatal has more spunk and emotion when she clashes with her fake mom and twisted So Ra.The women are delivering their characters better than the men.Only exception in ep 8 was the ageing FILs scuffle.A silly insertion but hillarious nevertheless.

Still trying to figure out-

How did the villanious PM's back improve so quickly after the fight that he could go after his daughter with a bat? 

Why is CEO Kang not aware of his wife's secret trysts with the bodygaurd ?He meticulously keeps track of the spying that SoRa and his dad do on him but is happily oblivious of a spectacular leverage right under his nose. 

When will the secratary brief CEO Kang that the female bodygaurd landed on death's door instead of a safe stint abroad as he had ordered. La-el saved her as he failed to do the job.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

hello everyone

first time posting had to find an outlet to discuss this great drama with other fans. 

I am so in love with Eve she is just so amazing and her actings it utterly flawless! I had shivers down my spine...now that what you call pay back!

I am loving Seo's confession to being her shadow, he really is real guy you can depend on and with fake mum acting this way it good to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I love the chemistry between La el and Kang it might be fake at the start but I dont know why but i am rooting for them to be together. At the start I didnt like him but there is more to him and I think he might not be the bad guy. Han sora is the real villian and her group. The whole stock exchange plan was genius and probably la el's plan she is instrumental for sure with inner conflict growing between the family and inlaws.

I hope Sep will tell him her real identity before fake mum. She is giving me bad vibes like what is your problem?  I hope he doesnt leave her when he finds out!!!

the angry stare in promo gave me chills from Kang. Can wait til next week for explosive episode!.

Eve with her gorgeous green short party dress and that Bulgari diamond necklace really stole the show from Madam Sora in ep 8.

guess that diamond necklace will be selling for 10x it’s usual price now 

lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Only now I have time to watch Ep 8. :pensive:   Here are what I feel:

1) For once Han So Ra is smart.  She told the Police Chief that the Car she crashed into was a Gift from KYG.   But stolen by that Lady. (Ra-El should not have apps her the Photo.  Just told her the Car Number will do)

2) How could Kang Yoon Gyeom be happy with the Han's. Even when he talked to HSR, he has to allow her  to speak first.  "That's the Order" - she said.

3) Both the Kang's and the Han's Families are Corrupted.  Kang Bon Geum (KYG's father) had Bribed the former President before.   As for Han Pan Ro, do I need to say more?

4) Kang Yoon Gyeom is not ready to Divorce yet.  That is why he dares not admit he is seeing someone.  He wants to wait till he is more in charge of his Business Empire.  His Life.  (But.  For once,  I feel it is better for Ra-El to leave him.  When a man dare not admit to your relationship.  Dare not make an Honest Woman out of you, it is Not worth it.  If he is not ready now.  Will he be ever ready??  AlthoughtEp 1 shows that he will).

(I watched a 2nd Time.  And realised that KYG denied seeing anyone because he was PROTECTING Ra-EL.  I still believe he is basically a Good Man :))

5) Han So Ra is extremely Heartless.  Just like her father.  The way she had her men beat up  Ms Lee Yeon Wook the Bodyguard.  LYW is so Loyal to her Job, Boss and Charge.  They cannot get a Word out of her.  I Salute Her.

Someone asks why Ra-El helps Lee Yeon Wook - an Enemy's Staff.  Well... I would say "Humanistic  Quality".  She may belongs to KYG.  But she is a Human Being.  She is Innocent.  She got into trouble because Ra-El alerted HSR to it.

6) I don't like Ra-El's dress at Da Bi's Birthday Party. Too Gaudy and Showy.  Does not enhance her Looks at all.  If I were KYG, I would be "Turned Off". (Sorry everyone. But that is how I feel.  You all may differ).

But I love her Performance when she was speaking to HSR.  Her Facial Expressions, especially her "Eyes" were "On-Point".  At times, she was like the SNAKE  (Her Motor-Cycle Chain) HISSING at HSR.  

7) I thought Kang Yoon Gyeom had given a Blank Cheque for Mr Astor Piazzola's Bandoneon.  How did it end up with Ra-El?  Now she gave it to KYG as a Gift at his Celebrations for LY Pay successful Listings at NYSE.

8) Ra-El is using his husband Jang Jin Wook to provoke KYG to divorce.  Will he?  Again Ep 1 shows that he might.

9) Anyone likes Jang Moon Hee?? (Ra-El's Fake Mom).  So finally she cannot control herself anymore.  She is going to reveal Ra-El's Real Identity to KYG.  Selfish Woman.

10) I saw the Preview for Ep 9.  Han So Ra slapped Ra-El  at the Kindergarten, in front of everybody.   And KYG is back with HSR.  I guess:

-  Someone has revealed Ra-El's real identity to KYG

-  Or are both KYG and Ra-EL just putting on An Act?

-  Dramas like to give Pay-Back time to the Main Character-Roles. (What "Pay-Back time? You may ask. Maybe it is Han So Ra's turn to shine. .  I don't know.  That is what the Script-writers like to do.  But I hope it does Not last long).  

When is Kang Yoon Gyeom going to Discover Han So Ra's Infidelity?   I couldn't wait for that.  I think they are going to save that for their Battle-Royal - their Divorce Proceedings. Just when KYG thought he is going to lose the Court Case, he discovered Dr Love. (How about that?) That will really create a Sensation and Implode KYG's Patience. He can leave her without turning back. Without feeling Guilty.

Edited After Watching a 2nd Time

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, hush puppy said:

At times, she was like the SNAKE  (Her Motor-Cycle Chain) HISSING at HSR. 

i literally giggled when i read this part..

Jean Yoon Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience

and the best thing was, Han So Ra was aimlessly saying OK to all the jewelry and watches.. those are under the bulgari serpenti series too.. except, thinner and finer versions..

9) Anyone likes Jang Moon Hee?? (Ra-El's Fake Mom).  So finally she cannot control herself anymore.  She is going to reveal Ra-El's Real Identity to KYG.  Selfish Woman.

she gave the envelope to this guy in ep7 after La El was so bent on getting revenge on Han So Ra, telling him to pass it to KYK if she gets totally out of control.. and she said the same again in ep8.

i'm guessing in the preview, either La El has to act first by getting SEP to reveal her identity first, or that could have been from that fake mom.. both are possible, since SEP did want to show KYK something.. not sure if it's a play of the sequence of scenes in ep9

==

La El did give her legal husband one more chance to confess.. but he still insisted that he had not seen the chairman and his daughter before and pushed all the blame to the supervisor (i cannot remember the name).

==

the scene where Han Pan Ro and his guys, and KYK's dad and his guys started beating up each other was ridiculously absurd.. was that necessary from the writer to portray the distrust sowed among them to the extent of such a scene??

Considering I Love Lucy GIF

When is Kang Yoon Gyeom going to Discover Han So Ra's Infidelity?

not just KYK.. when is everyone going to discover that??

doesn't Han Pan Ro even suspect that his right hand (or maybe, left hand) man has been disappearing for days when So Ra "ran off" to the vacation house for those few days??

waiting for @confusedheartchingu to stomp over here with her fury!

Giggle Lol GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

@maribella 

Why is RE's husband called fake? Aren't they married? It seems like they have a normal marriage although the reason for the marriage is not love. Fake MIL seems right. the daughter must have been adopted, she's still RE's daughter?

Bo Ram is the daughter of his first marriage.. no one knows why they divorced.

iirc, this was revealed in the episode when SEP asked his aide to check on Kim Sun Bin..

how the husband managed to be convinced to play along with La El and the fake mom was still a mystery.. apparently he loved her so much there seemed to be some set of house rules set by La El which he needs to abide. he also went with the story about how they met on a bus when she was still a high school student etc.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

waiting for @confusedheartchingu to stomp over here with her fury!

Chingu, I am too tired on weekdays to watch anything. I doze off in front of the tv. I am planning to watch and catch up this weekend. 

GIF PARTY — sleeping in front of the TV.

Also KYK is supposed to be the richest man in SK. A business tycoon and yet he seems to be the dumbest among all. I am getting annoyed with him. He is too slow to figure out how he is playing into the hands of RE.

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

He meticulously keeps track of the spying that SoRa and his dad do on him but is happily oblivious of a spectacular leverage right under his nose. 

When will the secratary brief CEO Kang that the female bodygaurd landed on death's door instead of a safe stint abroad as he had ordered. La-el saved her as he failed to do the job.

Maybe he did not care then because it  keeps the wifey satisfied and busy but you are right that now is the right time to find out about his wife's affair and use it. Daddy back beater has a video copy of the hit and run of Sora and Doctor love and he ordered someone to find out who that man with So Ra is, gave a copy to HPR . I agree that KYG has the most advantage when he knows of Doctor Love but I am scared as to what HPR will do to the love doctor. Daddy Kang is also aware of his son's buying back shares? I guess when big businesses move large amounts of money, it can't be kept secret. Someone will  talk. He was angry when he learned of HPR trying to get into the "mall business" at the Kang's territory. Ra El's plan actually worked, getting the Kangs and the Hans to fight each other. Yeah, how come KYG was not told about So Ra getting to RE's bodyguard and almost killing her?

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

But I love her Performance when she was speaking to HSR.  Her Facial Expressions, especially her "Eyes" were "On-Point".  At times, she was like the SNAKE  (Her Motor-Cycle Chain) HISSING at HSR.  

Agree, she was good, just her eyes and ironic smirk said it all.

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

4) Kang Yoon Gyeom is not ready to Divorce yet.  That is why he dares not admit he is seeing someone.  He wants to wait till he is more in charge of his Business Empire.  His Life.  (But.  For once,  I feel it is better for Ra-El to leave him.  When a man dare not admit to your relationship.  Dare not make an Honest Woman out of you, it is Not worth it.  If he is not ready now.  Will he be ever ready??  Althought Ep 1 shows that he will).

Well said. He is already moving money to himself. Maybe he feels that admitting to a relationship with Ra El for now will put her in danger. Remember what HPR did to the lady the owner of a business club where KYG used to have meetings with business people, a hit and run? I think that KYG has decided to finally be free of the bondage mindset/thinking that was imposed on him all his life. I think falling for RE made him realize that caring for family does not mean forgetting about caring for oneself. Performing family duties does not mean not having personal freedom to feel and stoically do what family imposes as obligations for fear of being thrown out. However, as CEO, his family and obligations extends to the business associates, shareholders, and employees, the company that he helped build and now helms and there is Ra El whom he wants to keep safe. It will be irresponsible of him to create chaos that he is not yet ready to defend. He has taught himself not to trust anyone. Ra El has already spilled the beans and started the chaos. Ra El also is keeping her distance which he can't bear and she is secretly bugging their conversations which he does not know. 

Also noteworthy was the scene after the party when Sora and KYG were in the car at HPR's driveway, KYG looked at all the bodyguards lined up in front of the house and he told Sora to not let anyone get involved with the matter of KYG having an affair, that he will not allow it. Sora said why then did KYG have an affair if he did not want HPR to know about it. A very significant answer was KYG saying "I did not forgive what you did. If you cause trouble, I won't sit idly by." So what is it that Sora did that he can't forgive? Was it about his first girlfriend? Did he know about that and yet married Sora, or maybe he learned about it after marrying Sora? But KYG trusting RE with company business she actually taped their bed conversations and gave to fake MIL.

About SEP, I think that SEP gifting the matryoshka dolls which symbolizes a mother carrying a child, carrying family legacy, unity of families means that SEP, even if he has feelings for RE, will regard themselves as family, as the big brother to sister? So, there there will be no romance for them? SEP also said that the gift of dolls contain plans to resolve everything. When RE asked what his plans are, he said that he does not have any plan except to support RE all the way.

6 hours ago, hush puppy said:

7) I thought Kang Yoon Gyeom had given a Blank Cheque for Mr Astor Piazzola's Bandoneon.  How did it end up with Ra-El?  Now she gave it to KYG as a Gift at his Celebrations for LY Pay successful Listings at NYSE.

My thinking is that the antique seller was convinced by LE and appealed to his sense of romance? When KYG went to look at the bandoneon, the seller told him that a woman had been visiting the store many times looking at the bandoneon and then LR enters but left as soon as she saw KYG who followed her. The seller must have assumed that they knew each other. KYG got busy with business and did not have time to think about the bandoneon. But LE did not forget, so may have told the seller to fill out the blank cheque and give it to her to deliver. The bandoneon must have cost a lot of money which LE does not have and the fake MIL won't pay for since it is not part of the MIL's plan.

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

When is Kang Yoon Gyeom going to Discover Han So Ra's Infidelity?

his daddy has a video of So Ra and doctor love at the car chase scene with the guy holding So Ra as if he was very familiar with her and them running away together... and HPR has a copy too, but will daddy Kang give a copy to KYG?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, lila21 said:

Maybe he did not care then because it  keeps the wifey satisfied and busy but you are right that now is the right time to find out about his wife's affair and use it. Daddy back beater has a video copy of the hit and run of Sora and Doctor love and he ordered someone to find out who that man with So Ra is, gave a copy to HPR . I agree that KYG has the most advantage when he knows of Doctor Love but I am scared as to what HPR will do to the love doctor. Daddy Kang is also aware of his son's buying back shares? I guess when big businesses move large amounts of money, it can't be kept secret. Someone will  talk. He was angry when he learned of HPR trying to get into the "mall business" at the Kang's territory. Ra El's plan actually worked, getting the Kangs and the Hans to fight each other. Yeah, how come KYG was not told about So Ra getting to RE's bodyguard and almost killing her?

I was expecting him to get back at SoRa with news of her affair as she played the sanctimonius wife hurt by husband's infedility.

But he went on the defensive.Sigh! A meticulous guy who keeps reams of evidence locked up in his study,knows secratary leaks info about him,bugged car yet has no inkling of SoRa's long standing affair.What a dampener!

I agree Ra-el is acing the revenge plot.

Waiting to see who puts the spanner 1st on her best laid plans- psychiotic wife or poker face CEO?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

she gave the envelope to this guy in ep7 after La El was so bent on getting revenge on Han So Ra, telling him to pass it to KYK if she gets totally out of control.. and she said the same again in ep8.

Was that man she gave the envelope to KYGs assistant he gave a second chance too? Who was that man? He sounded like he works in LY from the intel he gave her. Ugh I hate how the fake MIL has become no different than KYGs dad. She only looks at RE as a tool she can use. And if RE executes her own free will, then she’s ‘out of control’ and needs to ‘be put back In her place.’.

inrewatched the beginning of episode 1 to see if the scene took place before/after this episode (because both have a scene where he is talking to a crowd). Obviously it was definetly after. SR found out about the affair before the news broke it. This ep he’s talking about LY pay, but the first ep scene is about the New York stock exchange. Then he goes to see RE and they embrace. If the fake MIL tells Him RE’s true identity next ep-then it’s safe to say it won’t affect his desire for her even though she broke things off anyways so it doesn’t matter at this point. I am kind of disappointed jn him he wants to get back together with RE without promising to become single and divorce SR. Is the scene of them embracing first ep after he finally promises RE he will divorce her? I cringed whe KYG called SR ‘yoboo/honey’ at DBs birthday. 

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

So what is it that Sora did that he can't forgive? Was it about his first girlfriend? Did he know about that and yet married Sora, or maybe he learned about it after marrying Sora? But KYG trusting RE with company business she actually taped their bed conversations and gave to fake MIL.

Something that happened/he discovered 5 years ago. That’s when they apparently stopped sleeping together and he shut off his feelings for her.

I have to say, I was very impressed by SYjs acting these past two episodes. actress for SR has been incredible and almost a show stealer-even if the character has done so many despicable actions, many viewers are still fond of her and almost forget that bad behavior to pity her, because that’s how good to actress is for making such an un likable character still likable. That said I absolutely loveeeee SYJ, this show and even previous shows. Just these past two episodes made me appplaud at her acting. In the first ep of this week, it was when her husband grabbed her hand and bruised her, and she started laughing. My breath was taken away. This week it was at DBs birthday in her reveal to SR. Gloves are off and so is the mask. Woooooow

• Like 3
  • Love 2