[Drama 2022] Eve • 이브

Maetawinz

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

Bo Ram is the daughter of his first marriage.. no one knows why they divorced.

iirc, this was revealed in the episode when SEP asked his aide to check on Kim Sun Bin..

how the husband managed to be convinced to play along with La El and the fake mom was still a mystery.. apparently he loved her so much there seemed to be some set of house rules set by La El which he needs to abide. he also went with the story about how they met on a bus when she was still a high school student etc

I thought the little girl was faking it also, that would be too much even for kdrama.

The husband was part of the group that killed her father and cheated her of her money, yet he stays close to her. That sounds very risky. 
Almost everyone has a secret here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I thought the little girl was faking it also

maybe she was still very little when her parents divorced.. if she is 5 or 6yo now, she was probably 2 or 3 at that time. haha i'm not too good with timelines, i went back to check ep3 it was around 3/4 through the ep.. but La El and the husband only married for 3 years..

so now we had a few questions that need answers at the next few episodes

- what's the deep grudge that fake mom had with LY Group? it seems like she got worked up seeing Han Pan Ro.. it's definitely had to be during the time when Han Pan Ro and KYK's dad colluded treachery to make LY Group rich and famous as it is now (they were shouting out and exposing dirty laundry in ep8)

- what happened to La El's mom? is she still alive?

- what did Han So Ra do 5 yrs ago?

==

Bo Ram and Da Bi are the most pitiful ones here..

For Bo Ram, maybe her birth mom will bring her back to live with her.. but it's sad to see La El's love for her was part of the revenge..

For Da Bi, i'm not sure who else will be there for her.. even if KYK truly loves his daughter, the family is already in such a messy state almost impossible to salvage.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

what happened to La El's mom? is she still alive?

Yes, why is RE or even SEP who seems to have the most influence between the two not actively looking for her? What happened to her and where is she? I am hoping to see RE's mom become the surprise creme de la creme part of the revenge plan.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Until Next Wednesday comes along, let us keep ourselves entertained by having this Thread Alive! :lol:   I want to raise 3 Issues for discussion.

1) We must not forget that Ra-El is not only Avenging His Father's Violent and Unjust Death.  But also His Reputation.  All the News said He Committed Suicide because he was Ashamed of being an Industrial Spy. (Which Is A Blatant Lie). 

So whatever Ra-El does, it is Never Too Much.  We must never forget the Main Issue.  It is easy to be Distracted. 

Some Viewers may accuse Her of turning into a Monster.  But can we blame her??  She herself was under Psychiatric Treatment for years.  Which was why her Revenge Plan took 13 Long Years to materialise.  Her Mother is missing.  We suspect Jang Moon Hee.  But she has no inkling.

2) Her husband Jang Jin Wook may argue that he was a New Staff.  But to me that does not hold water.  You may be New.  But you took part.  A Fact  he cannot deny.  He knows how to say that the then Exec Director Kim Yi Sak (Now Group VP of LY Group) was the one who Betrayed Lee Tae Joon.  Who sold off the company. That means he was fully aware that what they did was Wrong. Why did you help Kim Yi Sak then?   He even helped him find Lee Tae Joon's Seal?  And all of you left the Badly Injured and Bleeding Girl to Die.  And you said you have never met the Lee Tae Joon and his daughter?  You were in his house. 

As I have said before.  Ra-El would have died if Seo Eun Pyeong had not arrive to save her.

Only In Times Of A Crisis Can We Know A Person's True Worth.  Jang Jin Wook failed.

Pity Him?  

3) Ms Lee Yeon Wook, Ra-El's Bodyguard

I am sure Kang Yoon Gyeom will be very Impressed when he finds out that Ra-El had saved her.  Lee Yeon Wook was already very Grateful.  In her opinions, Ra-El is a Good Person.

Ra-El has earned for herself Another Point in KYG's Eyes.

I couldn't wait for Eps 9 and 10 to quickly come along......

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

I re-read the synopsis and Ra El asks for 3 trillion Won when she divorces KYG. So, for now RE is playing pull and push game with KYG which makes him more determined to win her. KYG's revenge is to take hold of LY group's and his father's company shares and money which he told RE and RE encouraged. Taking control of the money and the shares will make him truly the richest man and king. He was given evidence for cause of divorce against Sora and he might have gotten evidence himself on Sora's affair long ago but did nothing until he met and fell for RE who seemed to accept and love him scars and all, then made his move to control the money and the companies himself. RE handed KYG a USB recording during the school birthday party and told him that it will help KYG. What is in that recording? Fake MIL ordered someone to tell KYG RE's true identity. Will it make him wary of her or feel the guilt and try to make it up to RE which gives RE the upper hand and fake MIL's plan a failure?

In the first episode though where KYG's was being sued for divorce was in the news, gossip was that the cause of divorce is that KYG "has a woman" so was this the first divorce from So Ra or was it the 2nd divorce filed by RE asking for 3 trillion?

I am anticipating RE's next move. The slap in the preview most probably is part of the plan and instigated by RE who is playing So Ra like a bouncing ball.

• Like 4

Watch: Lee Sang Yeob And Park Byung Eun Grow Adorably Flustered Behind The Scenes Of “Eve”

Watch: Lee Sang Yeob And Park Byung Eun Grow Adorably Flustered Behind The Scenes Of “Eve”

tvN’s “Eve” has shared a new behind-the-scenes look!

“Eve” is about a chaebol‘s 2 trillion won (approximately $1.7 billion) divorce lawsuit that shocks the entire nation. Unbeknownst to the public, the lawsuit is the result of a carefully calculated revenge scheme 13 years in the making. Seo Ye Ji stars as Lee Ra El, the dangerously alluring woman at the center of the divorce lawsuit whose true identity and lifestyle are slowly starting to come to light.

In the new making-of video, Lee Sang Yeob is spotted comfortably chatting with his co-star Yoo Sun. Although Yoo Sun plays an antagonist in the drama, she’s all smiles as she talks happily with him. Lee Sang Yeob ends up discovering the making-of video camera and bursts into a shy laugh. Then he greets the viewers and says, “I don’t know if you saw ‘Eve’ or not, but it’s the most anticipated drama in 2022, and we’re working hard to film it.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob1.jpg

The clip also shows Yoo Sun and Park Byung Eun preparing for the scene where they celebrate the birthday of their on-screen daughter. The cue sign falls, and Park Byung Eun starts singing the birthday song. He starts chuckling out of embarrassment because no one is singing along with him. He eventually shouts, “All together,” and Yoo Sun bursts into laughter because it’s not like his rigid character. They have to stop filming, and Park Byung Eun demands, “Why am I the only one singing?”

Eve-13.jpg

The video also shows Seo Ye Ji hard at work as she immerses in her role. She exudes professionalism as she transforms into a woman with a meticulous revenge plot, increasing expectations for her future performance.

Spoiler

Seo-Ye-Ji-2.jpg

Seo-Ye-Ji-1.jpg

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video below!

source

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@sadthe1st Episode 7 done. What utter madness is this? I feel that the writers are losing their reasoning. The story is taking a ridiculous turn. But I knew that fake mother will back stab her. I hope RE has a plan B to fend her off. But I am with her when she says RE has started developing feelings for KYG and that will spell doom for her. She doth protest too much and although she knows how it makes a fool out of someone, she is really losing her edge. 

It will be interesting to see what the 'husband' does next. :ph34r: He has a score to settle with RE. 

HSR is really dumb! She is so oblivious to all the obvious signs. It is a dead giveaway how he always tries to shield RE every time HSR  gets mad and is destructive. But, she has a hot boy toy for sure. Poor actor gets yelled at / hit all the time. :wacko:

KYG is another fool. He wants to keep RE safe and protect her but he gifts her a car, a very expensive car and a bodyguard. Is this his definition of being discrete?:crazymad:

Everybody is losing their steam here and we are only halfway done. Whatever. Let's see what ep 8 offers. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, sadthe1st said:

chingu, you will go into frenzy mode in ep8 as well..

I am getting annoyed with KYG's perpetual sad expression and those sad eyes!

Omo, you mean 'RANT' mode activated and going on a overdrive? Let me start right away.

car GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, confusedheart said:

I am getting annoyed with KYG's perpetual sad expression and those sad eyes!

while one only has a single expression..

the other is on an all-emotions showdown!

she had so many vast emotions in one scene, totally like a psychopath on the loose.. creepy!!

and totally relatable to being the serpent too when she suddenly snarled in So Ra's face.. i jumped a little while watching lolol

the last bit reminds me of Joker too!

SYJ really aced her expressions and tones so well.. she deserves an award!!

cr.: owner

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Episode 8 was better than 7. Things are finally happening. Secrets come into light. I have a feeling KYG is aware of La-El's identity. He says she is  worth fighting for.I just got a feeling when he said those words so passionately that he knows her true identity and has taken her word when she promised to be by his side, no matter what. 

I find it difficult to believe that HSR's very cunning father is unaware of what his daughter has been up to with that 'bodyguard?'. He is part of his staff and he keeps a hawk's eye on everyone. 

The assembly man is definitely playing up to find out what their latest plan is to bring down the corrupt minister. 

Loved La-El's revelation, in her usual bold manner. She wanted to make a statement in that dress, she certainly did. It would be interesting to see how she manoeuvres these characters a chess pieces and if she still emerges with her heart intact. 

let GIF

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:17 AM, confusedheart said:

@sadthe1st Episode 7 done. What utter madness is this? I feel that the writers are losing their reasoning. The story is taking a ridiculous turn. But I knew that fake mother will back stab her. I hope RE has a plan B to fend her off. But I am with her when she says RE has started developing feelings for KYG and that will spell doom for her. She doth protest too much and although she knows how it makes a fool out of someone, she is really losing her edge. 

It will be interesting to see what the 'husband' does next. :ph34r: He has a score to settle with RE. 

HSR is really dumb! She is so oblivious to all the obvious signs. It is a dead giveaway how he always tries to shield RE every time HSR  gets mad and is destructive. But, she has a hot boy toy for sure. Poor actor gets yelled at / hit all the time. :wacko:

KYG is another fool. He wants to keep RE safe and protect her but he gifts her a car, a very expensive car and a bodyguard. Is this his definition of being discrete?:crazymad:

Everybody is losing their steam here and we are only halfway done. Whatever. Let's see what ep 8 offers. 

*spoilers if u haven’t seen ep 8 yet*
Lucky for him his mistress is out for revenge that his ‘discreteness’ hasnt endangered her so far. Seriously, KYG annoyed me this ep. but then when can I ever trust the reasoning of these writers when who so conveniently had BR at the bday party without dad or any chaperone like fake mom. I think REs plan B to fend her off is working. With SEP, which we see her doing more of especially ep 8. 

11 hours ago, confusedheart said:

KYG is aware of La-El's identity

And if he isn’t, ep 1 proved he didn’t care/ended up accepting it and still wanting to be with her 

• Like 6

Kang Yoon Gyeom is a Smart Man.  It is just that he didn't want to do it only.  But when he wants to, he can do anything.  Which is why Seo Eun Pyeong warned Ra-El that KYG is a dangerous man.

The fact that he had his Secretary Cha sent the 2 Boxes of Photos : 0ne each to his father and Han Pan Ro, shows his shrewdness. The Photos  showed his father Bribing the former President.   His father thought HPR is the sender and is threatening him to lay off KY Group.  While on the other hand HPR is delighted to catch on to Han Bon Geum's wrong-doings.  And when news of KYG's Listing of KY Pay went public, the 2 In-Laws cannot hold it in anymore. 

This shows that KYG has been keeping Tabs on his father and Han Pan Ro.  And given the right Impetus, he will unleash his Fury.  But I doubt he is a Cruel Person.  Whether it is towards his daughter Da Bi, his office or household staffs, he has shown Kindness.

I am curious to see how his Character-Role will unfold.

:lollipop:

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what is happening to the 3 Men from Ra-El's Dance Studio.  They were supposed to seduce Dam-Ri and Ji-Hee.  But so far there is no news from that department.  

If those men succeed, Han So Ra would have more troubles coming her way.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

The fact that he had his Secretary Cha sent the 2 Boxes of Photos : 0ne each to his father and Han Pan Ro, shows his shrewdness. The Photos  showed his father Bribing the former President.   His father thought HPR is the sender and is threatening him to lay off KY Group.  While on the other hand HPR is delighted to catch on to Han Bon Geum's wrong-doings.  And when news of KYG's Listing of KY Pay went public, the 2 In-Laws cannot hold it in anymore. 

yeah, it was funny how the the two fathers' underlings ran over with the news... and the two dads' reactions. He did what?? It was brilliant of Ra El though to get the in laws to busily fight over business territory they never realized that the man whom they thought as their obedient serf making money for them, actually grabbed and stamped everything for himself. Not that he did not deserve it, after all it was all his effort that made them rich. I hope KYG realizes that, not only did RE encourage him but she also was the one who started the ball rolling. She instigated the fight over the mall and that was what made KYG's father threaten to reveal KYG's secret as the illegitimate son and threatened to disown him. Then KYG ran over to RE and asked if she will be on his side when he fights to change his status as clown to become the king. I think RE already anticipated fake MIL's plan to have someone inform KYG of her identity and she is well prepared for the consequence.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Just finished the second portion of ep 8.  With all the hate for SYJ going on...the say how shameless she is, the mock her dancing, they mock the clothes that the companies and her stylists give her to wear...she has shown everyone exactly everyone who she is.  Like @sadthe1stshowed in the clip that love her or not, she is a consummate actress.  

Like @lila21 I too think that RE is prepared for fake mom to betray her.

One last thing guys.  I don't think Dam Bi is the president's daughter.  He already knows she's screwing around cause that child is not his :hushed:

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2

5 hours ago, Kim Sam soon said:

ust finished the second portion of ep 8.  With all the hate for SYJ going on...the say how shameless she is, the mock her dancing, they mock the clothes that the companies and her stylists give her to wear...she has shown everyone exactly everyone who she is. 

I loved SYJ since I first watched her in Save Me and I watched all the following dramas she was in, Lawless Lawyer and It Is Okay to be Okay, then here in Eve she is masterful. It is not about the dancing it is about the story of revenge and she is acing the revenge plot, in here she is in charge. The character that she is playing, Ra El, has only eyes for revenge and will do what she has to in order to fulfill her goal. The only thing is she did not exactly deny to fake MIL that she was falling in love with KYG, maybe it is empathy for what she thinks he might have gone through seeing the scars on his back because she knows he is an illegitimate son. Any way SYJ is beautiful and superb in her performance.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Byung Eun And Lee Sang Yeob Have A Secret Meeting With Rising Tension In “Eve”

tvN’s “Eve” shared an intriguing preview of the upcoming episode!

“Eve” is about a chaebol‘s 2 trillion won (approximately $1.7 billion) divorce lawsuit that shocks the entire nation. Unbeknownst to the public, the lawsuit is the result of a carefully calculated revenge scheme 13 years in the making. Seo Ye Ji stars as Lee Ra El, the dangerously alluring woman at the center of the divorce lawsuit whose true identity and lifestyle are slowly starting to come to light.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Eve,” Kang Yoon Kyum (Park Byung Eun) showed his ambitions to have everything. He set the stage to rise to the top of LY Group and expressed his desire for Lee Ra El to get a divorce. Meanwhile, Seo Eun Pyung (Lee Sang Yeob) got close to Han Pan Ro (Jun Gook Hwan) in order to help Lee Ra El get revenge and confirmed the outlines of his ongoing project. With Seo Eun Pyung becoming deeply involved in Lee Ra El’s revenge plot, viewers are eager to find out what events will unfold next.

The newly released stills capture the secret meeting between Kang Yoon Kyum and Seo Eun Pyung. The serious atmosphere between them creates tension, hinting that they haven’t simply met up for drinks. Kang Yoon Kyum grows worried after looking at a mysterious document. On the other hand, Seo Eun Pyung examines his reactions with keen eyes, and after their meeting, he urgently calls someone, amplifying curiosity about any new variables in this game of vengeance.

Park-Byung-Eun-1-800x533.jpg

Lee-Sang-Yeob-12-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Byung-Eun-2-800x533.jpg

Lee-Sang-Yeob-22-800x533.jpg

The drama’s producers teased, “With the drama entering its second half, more drastic developments will take place. Please watch what choice Kang Yoon Kyum, whose feelings for Lee Ra El have become uncontrollably huge, will make and the way Seo Eun Pying changes as he officially starts to help Lee Ra El get revenge.”

The next episode of “Eve” will air on June 29 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Park Byung Eun And Lee Sang Yeob Have A Secret Meeting With Rising Tension In “Eve” | Soompi

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, sadthe1st said:

the rumored mistress is “H” the daughter of a politician.. i don’t think it gets pointed to La El but to a decoy instead?

Dear @sadthe1st,  I do not think there is a "Decoy".   "H"  is  part of  Han So Ra's Initials.  And she is indeed the only daughter of a Politician.

It also mention that the Mistress is the Mother of her daughter's friend from the Kindergarten.  So it is very clearly pointing to Ra-El.

"Synopses" are well-known to be Inaccurate. 

"Previews" too.  Their Poor English leads to  Poor Comprehension.  Even the Preview I posted have very Poor English Narrations.  A few mistakes in the interpretations too. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I do not think there is a "Decoy".   "H"  is  part of  Han So Ra's Initials.  And she is indeed the only daughter of a Politician.

if its referring to mistress, isn't So Ra already the wife? how did she degrade to a mistress?

• Like 2