[Drama 2022] Superior Day, 우월한 하루

larus

3 Reasons To Anticipate The Premiere Of New Thriller Drama “A Superior Day”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 12, 2022
by C. Hong

OCN’s “A Superior Day” is one day out from its highly anticipated premiere!

Based on a webtoon, “A Superior Day” is about an ordinary man who has 24 hours to kill the serial killer who lives next door in order to save his kidnapped daughter.

Here are three reasons to look forward to the new OCN thriller:

Explosive meeting of Jin Goo, Ha Do Kwon, and Lee Won Geun

ha-do-kwon-lee-won-geun-jin-goo.jpg

“A Superior Day” features three talented actors in the lead cast: the realistic actor Jin Goo, who plays the desperate father Lee Ho Chul, the scene-stealer Ha Do Kwon, who plays a hitman named Bae Tae Jin, and the rising young actor Lee Won Geun, who plays the serial killer Kwon Si Woo.

Viewers can look forward to the talented lead cast’s portrayal of the tense relations between an ordinary family man, a cold and calculating hitman, and a cruel serial killer. The cast is also rounded out by Im Hwa Young, who plays Choi Jung Hye, Park Min Jung, who plays Detective Chu, and Song Young Kyu, who plays President Jang. Rookie actors Jo Yoo Ha and Kim Do Hyun play Lee Soo Ah and Kim Dong Joo.

Explosive time limit

jin-goo-1.jpg

Some crime and mystery dramas spin out their story over weeks or months, but “A Superior Day” promises the high-octane thrill of a firm deadline: 24 hours. Set against the backdrop of a high-class apartment building, these men have just 24 hours in order to resolve their life-and-death chase. Lee Ho Chul must stop a terrifying criminal in order to save his daughter, Bae Tae Jin is using Lee Ho Chul to do his dirty work, and Kwon Si Woo is a psychopath who wants to prove to the world that he’s superior to everyone else.

Viewers can expect a wild ride with many twists and turns in a story where every minute and every second counts. How will the 24-hour chase end and who will come out on top as “superior”?

Explosive genre

OCN is known for making dramas that set the standard for their various genres, whether it’s horror, fantasy, or crime thriller. “A Superior Day” promises to be in that same line, being based on a hit webtoon by the authors of the “Sweet Home” and “Dr. Hound” webtoons. OCN has had great success adapting webtoons in the past, such as “Strangers from Hell” and “The Uncanny Counter.”

Fans of the original webtoon are curious to see how the webtoon’s story will be adapted for the TV format. The original webtoon writers have praised the three lead actors’ chemistry and synchronization with the original characters, while the production staff promised to faithfully follow the immersion of the original while introducing new situations. To capture the viewers’ attention, the drama must bring to life what made the webtoon great while adding the unique charms of the drama format.

“A Superior Day” premieres on March 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1517002wpp/3-reasons-to-anticipate-the-premiere-of-new-thriller-drama-a-superior-day

• Like 1

“A Superior Day” Stars Jin Goo, Lee Won Geun, And Ha Do Kwon Express Confidence In Their “Flawless” Teamwork

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 13, 2022
by E. Cha

The stars of OCN’s upcoming drama “A Superior Day” couldn’t say enough good things about their experience working together!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door. Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a professional hitman who is chasing the elusive serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

Describing his methodical approach to portraying his character, Jin Goo emphasized that he wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of his co-stars.

“Throughout our long filming period, I planned each and every detail in advance in order to keep up the emotions [of my character within the drama],” he said. “The hardest part was mechanically acting out things that I’d already decided in advance, but because my co-stars flawlessly matched my calculations and helped me through their teamwork, I was able to pull it off.”

Jin-Goo1.jpg

Meanwhile, Ha Do Kwon revealed that Jin Goo and Lee Won Geun were actually part of the reason he had wanted to star in the drama. “After hearing that Jin Goo and Lee Won Geun had been cast, I really wanted to be part of ‘A Superior Day’ no matter what,” recalled the actor.

Ha Do Kwon went on to share, “[Throughout filming,] we engaged in discussions about each of our characters and pondered together over how to make each character’s unique color and traits more clearly defined.”

Ha-Do-Kwon.jpg

Lee Won Geun also expressed his gratitude to his more experienced co-stars, remarking, “Both Jin Goo and Ha Do Kwon were caring and affectionate towards me, just like real older brothers. I was grateful each and every day on the filming set.”

He continued, “This was actually my first time taking on the challenge of acting in the action genre, and I really learned a lot from both of them.”

Spoiler

Lee-Won-Geun1.jpg

When asked to rate their teamwork, the three actors agreed, “On a scale of 1 to 10, our teamwork is 100.” However, Jin Goo added, “Honestly, the teamwork between the three of us is so flawless that I couldn’t dare to give it a numerical score. I really want to work with them again no matter what.”

“A Superior Day” director Jo Nam Hyung also expressed his amazement at the incredible chemistry between the trio, commenting, “The atmosphere on set was really warm and friendly, and whenever they’re together, the laughter never ceases.”

He went on to add, “Their chemistry was so fantastic that I found myself wondering if it was possible for them to get along so well.”

“A Superior Day” premieres on March 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1517040wpp/a-superior-day-stars-jin-goo-lee-won-geun-and-ha-do-kwon-express-confidence-in-their-flawless-teamwork

• Like 1

A Superior Day“—OCN’s new thriller starring Jin Goo, Lee Won Geun, and Ha Do Kwon—premiered to an average nationwide rating of 1.0 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/twenty-five-twenty-one-ratings-return-to-all-time-high-as-love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-continues-to-rise/#ixzz7NTei7kXw

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2022] Superior Day, 우월한 하루- Jin Goo, Ha Do Kwon & Lee Won Geun- Sat&Sun @10:30 PM KST

A Superior Day: Episode 1 (First Impressions)

by solstices

sd1_0.jpg

Finding himself drawn into a web of gruesome serial murders against his will, our protagonist must contend with his trauma in order to keep his family safe. He’s determined to stay out of trouble, but it seems the people around him have other plans.

Editor’s note: Continued drama coverage is pending.

EPISODE 1 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Whoa, this drama is not for the faint of heart. I haven’t read the webtoon, so I came into this episode completely unprepared, and to call the murders gory and horrifying would still be an understatement.

Right off the bat, the drama throws us into the action with a cold open. An ambulance draws to a halt along a deserted road, and a man stumbles out, bloody and disoriented. He opens his briefcase to reveal a gun, which he then stashes into his pocket before making a run for it.

The fugitive, whom we’ll come to know as LEE HO-CHUL (Jin Gu), evades the police and arrives at a parking lot. He calls out to his daughter SOO-AH (Jo Yoo-ha), but she’s led away by an unknown man. In voiceover, we hear someone telling Ho-chul that he’s the only one who can put an end to all this. With trembling hands, he raises his gun, and fires.

We rewind to two years ago. Firefighter Ho-chul is hard at work when a strange noise from a neighboring apartment catches his attention, and he heads over to investigate. What he doesn’t realize, though, is that the occupant is peering at him through the peephole, bloody knife in hand. Shivers.

Suddenly shoving the door open, the occupant slashes Ho-chul across the face, then stabs him when he tries to cling onto his ankle. The stranger leaves, and through the ajar apartment door, Ho-chul sees a dead woman on a chair. Her dismembered head is propped up above her body, and there’s an eerie depiction of her corpse on the wall behind, painted in her blood.

Ho-chul’s wife, CHOI JUNG-HYE (Lim Hwa-young), is informed about the attack on her husband, and she rushes to the hospital. As a detective, she’s terrified that the murderer will hunt Ho-chul down for witnessing his face, so she entreats him to lie that he saw nothing. Her priority is keeping her family safe.

Unfortunately, thanks to an opportunistic reporter who doesn’t care to get Ho-chul’s story straight, a poorly-censored photograph of Ho-chul is plastered on subway billboards alongside an article that asserts he saw the culprit’s face.

Two years later, Ho-chul is still plagued by nightmares of the murderer killing Jung-hye and Soo-ah and clearly exhibiting signs of PTSD. He isn’t allowed back to work yet, but he pays his colleagues a visit anyway, then goes to pick Soo-ah up from school.

On their way home, they run into KWON SHI-WOO (Lee Won-geun), their next-door neighbor. He’s been giving Soo-ah art classes upon Jung-hye’s request, and Soo-ah hurries her father off before he can embarrass her.

After a bout of spring cleaning, Ho-chul runs into Shi-woo in the elevator lobby. Shi-woo helps to carry Ho-chul’s box of trash, and Ho-chul comments that Shi-woo has an artist’s hands. Smiling, Shi-woo replies that Soo-ah’s hands are art, especially her left hand. Uhh, that’s creepy…

Shi-woo’s creep factor doesn’t just end there. During their art lesson, Shi-woo asks Soo-ah if she knows what shade is the best for portraying a person’s lips. When she hesitates, Shi-woo bites his lip, then uses his finger to smear his blood on her watercolor portrait. Hello, Soo-ah, why are you not hightailing it out of there!

I wonder if Shi-woo is ingratiating himself to Soo-ah purely to use her as a bargaining chip against Ho-chul, or if he has more sinister intentions. It’s interesting that despite putting on a carefully-curated mask of geniality, he isn’t trying particularly hard to hide his more ominous side.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/03/a-superior-day-episode-1-first-impressions/

NEW EVENT- Discover BTS and come fall in love with them!:fullofhearts:

Whether you are a seasoned ARMY member or just a novice who is eager to know more about the phenomenon called BTS that has taken the world with a storm. Discover BTS with our new event and participate in the fun poll. There is something for everyone. :piggydance:

Re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

A superior day' Ha Do-kwon, a meticulous design to catch a serial killer hidden behind the veil

LDUYWGB5URJDYLOOWRYUYRYXJM.jpg

Contract killer Ha Do-kwon's 'superior' plan begins.

n the OCN drama 'Superior Day' (play Lee Ji-hyeon/director Nam-hyung Cho/planning studio dragon/production iwill media), which will be broadcast on the 20th, the contract killer Bae Tae-jin (Ha Do-kwon), who has been meticulously designed for a long time to catch an unknown serial killer, The plan is unveiled.

In the play, Tae-Jin Bae is chasing a ‘Rich Girl Killer’ who does not know her face for some reason. As his quest has never failed, he is waiting for the moment to come true by thoroughly counting the number of cases for a long time for a perfect chance to catch him again.

As the 'Rich Girl Killer', which has finally disappeared, resumes activities, a golden opportunity comes to Bae Tae-jin as well. There is only one person who can help him, who does not know the face of the ‘Rich Girl Killer’, and the only witness, Ho-cheol Lee (Jin Goo). Bae Tae-jin uses Lee Ho-cheol to set up a trap to catch a brutal serial killer.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/03/19/CHYV6K7U5KMUVKK63RKU6YLOBE/

• Like 1

'A Superior Day' Lee Won-geun, fleeing from police? The eerie identity of the perfect neighbor

2022032615030134173_1.jpg

The bare face of Lee Won-geun, the perfect man next door, is revealed.

The eerie identity of Kwon Si-woo (Lee Won-geun), whose friendly and thoughtful manners stood out in the OCN drama 'Superior Day' (played by Lee Ji-hyun/Directed by Jo Nam-hyung/ Planning Studio Dragon/ Production Iwill Media), which is scheduled for the 3rd episode on the 27th, is uncovered.

The 3rd episode of the OCN drama 'Superior Day', which puts thrills in the heart with its unpredictable development, will come at 10:30 pm on the 27th, with audiences aged 19 and over.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022032615030134173&MS2

• Like 1

EVENT: My Corner of Soompi

Spring edition of My Corner of Soompi is here! Do let us know what you've been up to and what you're looking forward to as we're heading towards summer.

Bring yourself and some snacks to the thread, as we sip on our tea together. :kiss_wink:

tea party GIF by VH1

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

'Superior Day' Lim Hyun-joo, 'Maximize fear' in realistic acting

2022032814560104570d3244b4fed58141237161

Actor Im Hyeon-joo maximized the sense of fear with realistic acting. In the OCN drama 'Superior Day', which aired on the 27th, Yura (Lim Hyeon-joo) became the target of Si-woo (Lee Won-geun) and fell into a trap.

On that day, Yura looked at the car she received as a gift and talked to her on the phone, and she spent her daily life as usual. In the meantime, she found Si-woo carrying her tomato box while wearing a cast, and gave her a favor, bringing out her warmth.

In the midst of this, Yura, who was slightly wary of Si-woo, who said that she looked similar to the scene in the movie 'The Silence of the Lambs', was relieved and smiled at the thought that a thank-you note would leave an impression.

more

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202203280209

Npas announced that it would support the production of the OCN thriller drama 'A Superior Day'.

‘Superior Day’, which airs every Sunday at 10:30 PM on OCN, is a new 24-hour runaway thriller drama starring Jin-goo, Ha Do-kwon, and Lee Won-geun, and is based on a webtoon of the same name. An ordinary man has to kill the serial killer who lives next door to save his kidnapped daughter, and only the most superior can survive.

NPAS is about to release the 3D metaverse game ‘MARS’. MARS is a 3D MMORPG based on a battle epic that protects territory against alien races, restores captured outposts, and makes MARS a second earth. It supports various platforms and devices such as web, Android, and IOS applications, and anyone can enjoy it easily.

http://www.incheonilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=1136796

• Like 1

3 Times Jin Goo Stunned Viewers With His Acting In “A Superior Day”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 3, 2022
by S. P

Jin Goo is winning hearts with his role in OCN’s “A Superior Day”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door.

Jin Goo stars as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter. The actor is stunning viewers with his emotive and detailed acting abilities while playing a character who faces numerous perilous situations. Below are three times Jin Goo kept everyone’s eyes glued to the screen!

1. His opening act

Right from the very beginning, Lee Ho Chul had to deal with his daughter disappearing right before his eyes. When he set out on his desperate quest to find her, he ran head-first into danger when he got hit by a car. Despite such a horrific encounter, he remained undeterred as he had his mind set on nothing but the goal of rescuing his daughter.

Jin Goo succeeded in drawing the viewers in through his sense of urgency and his expression of the sheer desperation of a father losing his child. He delivered each of his lines with exquisite detail in order to heighten the degree of immersion in the plot from the get-go.

Jin-Goo-1.jpg

2. When he wavers between his sense of duty and desperation

When security guard Kim Dong Joo (Kim Do Hyun) died after helping him in his search for his daughter, Lee Ho Chul fell into a spiral of guilt. However, with his daughter’s life at stake, he had no choice but to follow the orders of professional hitman Bae Tae Jin (Ha Do Kwon).

Jin Goo navigated this difficult emotional landscape with skillful detail, showing Lee Ho Chul’s agony through minor movements such as trembling lips and wavering eyes. His portrayal left viewers on the edges of their seats as they nervously awaited what would happen next.

Jin-Goo-2.jpg

3. His unpredictable crisis

Lee Ho Chul had called his fellow firemen to help Kim Dong Joo but soon found himself in a predicament when he was falsely labeled a suspect in the “Rich Girl” serial killing case. When Lee Ho Chul was chasing the real serial killer Kwon Si Woo (Lee Won Geun), his face was revealed, which threw him into a state of confusion. Jin Goo drew admiration from viewers with his impeccable performance of a man experiencing complicated emotions and panic after consecutive days of such uncanny events.

“A Superior Day” airs every Sunday at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1520354wpp/3-times-jin-goo-stunned-viewers-with-his-acting-in-a-superior-day

• Like 2

Am I the only person watching this? There are no comments lol

Bae Tae Jin's reason for using poor HoChul is kind of funny.

Spoiler

A famous hitman is angry because a serial killer framed him by killing his target first? Not 100% sure if that was what happened, but it was heavily implied by both the victim and TaeJin himself.

I got such a kick out of that. HoChul just has really bad luck. He barely saw the killer's face and his eye got sliced up. It makes sense for him not to have really seen anything important. 

I'm not a fan of HoChul's wife. The first episode and her wanting him to keep quiet and not try to help them find out who the rich girl killer is goes against everything she should believe in as a cop. Plus her telling him he shouldn't be doing a dangerous job when she has a dangerous job too is just insulting. I can't shake that bad first impression, and heading into episode 4, I'm not sure I want to.  

Spoiler

Since the first episode showed that HoChul was wanted by the cops, I kind of guessed that Dong Joo would end up dead. Knowing that, I didn't expect to be as upset about it as I was.

Kim Do Hyun needs more acting roles, because though he was only in 2 episodes, his character really left a mark. 

@CupcakeEonni@larus @lila21 @the_sweetroad

I love this drama full of unpredictable plots . It is in my current first 3 favourite list. Have you wondered why the professional killer wish to kill the Psycho murderer besides giving the plain reason? Who paid him to kill Psycho murderer? I want to know the main reason behind?

My current top 3 drama

1. "A Superior day"
  2. "Soundtrack No. 1"
  3.  "The King of Pigs" (2022) - see below picture

spacer.png

The play is a remake of director Yeon Sang-ho's debut film of the same name, and is the first thriller animated (catnoon) film invited to Cannes, Europe.  This is a Korean drama about boys' school violence. Common topic? No, pls continue to read on......It mainly tells that in the small society of middle school, those who conform to violence and power are called "pigs", and they are in despair with a sense of inferiority and insecurity. The superior ones in school will call themselves as Dog (which are so called "obedient" to teachers and school principal). A story of resistance and fight back.  Animation attracts great attention at major awards ceremonies. This story can provoke your thoughts.....

I would recommend you to watch (if you have time) since you love this thriller & fast pace genre - A superior day :)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:11 AM, CupcakeEonni said:

Kim Do Hyun needs more acting roles, because though he was only in 2 episodes, his character really left a mark. 

I watched just episode 1 so far and I am sad that his character was killed. He just debuted with Penthouse and he had a small role here but I think he will get other roles in the future.

43 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

My current top 3 drama

1. "A Superior day"
  2. "Soundtrack No. 1"
  3.  "The King of Pigs" (2022) - see below picture

I have started the first two but not yet the third. Both A Superior Day and King of Pigs are dramas after a webton and cartoon respectively.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

My current top 3 drama

1. "A Superior day"
  2. "Soundtrack No. 1"
  3.  "The King of Pigs" (2022) 

I would recommend you to watch (if you have time) since you love this thriller & fast pace genre - A superior day :)

I'm watching "Soundtrack No. 1" but there is something about it that's not working for me. I really liked "The Time we Were not in Love" and that might be why. That drama was also about two people that had been friends for a long time, and I think I keep comparing the two.

I haven't started The King of Pigs yet, but I plan to. Most of the dramas I've been watching are finishing, so it will give me time to watch it :lol:

16 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Thanks for the tag @lebeaucouple! Hadn’t heard of this one yet but it reminds me of Kiefer Sutherland’s 24 , albeit a bit different.  Sounds like you guys are enjoying it. Although “enjoy” might not be the right word for a serial killer mystery. :)

That's exactly what I said when they started advertising it. It even has the clock showing the time like 24. I'm really enjoying it, though that clock and the way it's filmed makes me anxious for the main character.

1 hour ago, CupcakeEonni said:

I'm watching "Soundtrack No. 1" but there is something about it that's not working for me. I really liked "The Time we Were not in Love" and that might be why. That drama was also about two people that had been friends for a long time, and I think I keep comparing the two.

I haven't started The King of Pigs yet, but I plan to. Most of the dramas I've been watching are finishing, so it will give me time to watch it :lol:

"Sound track No 1" and "The Time we Were not in Love" are very slightly different. The latter one was on longer EP 16 that covered more in depth content. But I love the female leads Ha ji won's dress code in this old drama. She looked gorgeous in "The Time we Were not in Love".

Sound track only 4 EP and the story is very simple but it did resonate to our past school days' Puppy love or Unrequited Love..

Those were the days when we looked back :).

Once you missed it, you missed it as time will never turn back the clock...

I love the gist meaning in this drama :

True Friendship will last longer in our lifetime and lean on each other when we have a bad day because true friends won't grow apart even if they don't talk everyday. Friend is like someone who knows you better than yourself and isn't afraid to tell you how is it with love of course. Friendship, with the right person, is a valuable gift we ever had and can last a lifetime.

Once we cross over the line, the relationship may change which is why the female is so afraid to see that may happen in future.

Love can be taking for granted, love comes with expectation and demands on your partner. So in conclusion, Love needs to take courage to do the right thing whatever the consequences are.

That's why some couples can turn their relationship sour, while some can go back to friendship from their previous love relationship. It takes both parties to consent and work on it.

I do hope this Soundtrack no. 1 can give us a satisfying ending, of course come with a big Kiss :D:wub:

• Like 1

It's really refreshing how completely out of his depth HoCheol is. He's caught in a game between two killers, and he has no idea what he's supposed to do. Far too many dramas/movies turn the everyday man into an action star, but so far, Superior Day hasn't done that. HoCheol tries to save the victims he finds and in doing so he leaves a trail of evidence that makes him look guilty. 

I enjoy that about his character. He's a desperate father, but he is also an emergency responder, and his first instinct is to help rather than run away. 

Spoiler

Another character I liked has been killed. I was screaming at her not to follow him until backup came. For someone so smart, she basically asked him to kill her :/

The look on HoCheol's face when he brought the dying detective out of the container was heartbreaking. He's horrified by everything he has seen, and it's pushed him into a place where he is willing to kill for his daughter.