[Drama 2022] Superior Day, 우월한 하루

larus

'Superior Day' Lee Won-geun's killer smile... Jin Goo, Shall I Save My Daughter?

OVQ54N4WDQVQZZHNOH3A5W3GYU.jpg

IA3THCRVLLA5OXL7B6PZYTHOZ4.jpg

POPSN24Y2YX4TGETNWGW6ZB6TM.jpg

'A Superior Day' Jin-goo stands in front of a desperate crossroads to save his daughter.

In the OCN drama 'Superior Day' (played by Lee Ji-hyun, directed by Jo Nam-hyung, planned by Studio Dragon, produced by iwill media), which turned around the turning point and entered the second half, the moment of making a once-in-a-lifetime decision for Lee Ho-cheol (Jin Goo) comes.

Previously, Ho-cheol Lee was taken to the police as a possible suspect in the murder case in Parisville, but he managed to escape with the help of Tae-jin Bae (played by Ha Do-kwon). This could not be regarded as a favor as there was Bae Tae-jin's low sense of purpose to complete my plan. In addition, Bae Tae-jin handed Ho-cheol Lee a weapon to use for murder, making him fall into anguish again.

Then, an opportunity came to Ho-cheol, who found the ‘Rich Girl Killer’ Kwon Si-woo (Lee Won-geun) in Parisville. But until yesterday, it was not easy for Lee Ho-cheol, an ordinary head of household and firefighter who was more accustomed to saving the lives of others, to pull the trigger. Moreover, while he was hesitating, he was even more shocked to see Kwon Si-woo holding Soo-a (Jo Yoo-ha).

In the photo released on the 9th, Kwon Si-woo was seen riding Su-a in his car. It was difficult for Lee Ho-cheol to come out right away because he showed a blade in his arms and threatened without words. Kwon Si-woo's smile, who escapes the scene using Ho-cheol Lee's fear, provokes anger. Then, Ho-cheol Lee, who aimed his gun at someone, draws attention. His wretched eyes and blood-stained shirt are fully projecting his hard and intense day.

Like the previous times, it gives Ho-cheol Lee a foreboding that the remaining half of the day will never be smooth. Curious about the future development of what the father's heartbreaking heart can do after losing his daughter at the hands of Kwon Si-woo, the 'Rich Girl Killer' in Bae Tae-jin, a hitman.

The choice to save Jin-goo's daughter, an ordinary man, can be seen in the OCN drama 'Superior Day', which will be broadcast at 10:30 pm on the 10th.

(Gogle translate)

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/04/09/6YEU3KMG4VM5YXC6ZGGED4WV2U/

• Like 1

New Event Alert!:hooray:

Favourite Time Travel K-Dramas :offtospace:

Hop into a time machine with our latest event and go back in time or hurtle into the future with memorable and iconic Time Travel K-Dramas.  :eats2:

Vote for your favourite Time Travel K-Drama now!:piggydance:

Your event organizers:

Getting more and more frustration.

How come Ho Cheol doesn't think he should inform his wife of their daughter situation? Especially his wife is a policewomen, not housewife. Secondly, as a firefighter, Ho Cheol should have command a good sense of judgment but the story character seem to be indecisive and pushover.

10 hours ago, pradaloh said:

How come Ho Cheol doesn't think he should inform his wife of their daughter situation? Especially his wife is a policewomen, not housewife. Secondly, as a firefighter, Ho Cheol should have command a good sense of judgment but the story character seem to be indecisive and pushover.

His wife is probably my least favourite character. She might be a police officer, but she doesn't seem like she is a good one. She is the one who told him not to say anything about what the serial killer looked like because it would put their family in danger. That and her wanting him to quit being a firefighter because it's a dangerous job bothered me. It ruined her for me right from the first episode. 

I do think that it's possible that Ho Cheol thinks he is protecting his family. Even though they need to know what's happening he likely thinks by keeping them out of it he is keeping them safe. When people are stressed and backed into a corner they do irrational things. 

HoCheol is a good guy. I think we are used to seeing people suddenly turn into action stars in movies or shows like this. I like that he has no idea what he's doing. Him making mistakes is just him being a regular person caught up in a horrible situation. I can see where it would be frustrating to a lot of people. For me, it just makes me feel sorry for him. 

'A Superior Day' Lim Hwa-young, Lee Won-geun's new hostage... get out of crisis

news_1650693297_1106419_m_1.jpeg

The OCN drama 'A Superior Day' revealed the scene where serial killer Kwon Si-woo (Lee Won-geun) imprisoned detective Choi Jeong-hye (Lim Hwa-young).

Earlier, Kwon Si-woo took advantage of Choi Jeong-hye's desperation to ask her daughter Su-a (Jo Yoo-ha) the well-being of her anxiously, summoned her to her own place and made her a new scapegoat. The viciousness of Kwon Si-woo, who takes Choi Jeong-hye instead of Su-a and tells Lee Ho-cheol (Jin Goo) to choose whether she is her daughter or his wife, further angered viewers.

https://m.dailian.co.kr/news/view/1106419

'Superior Day' Ha Do-kwon x Lee Won-geun, a bloody collaboration full of murderous intent

202204241343771763_6264d6695d393.jpg

202204241343771763_6264d66a33259.jpg

'A Superior Day' Ha Do-kwon and Lee Won-geun form a bloody cooperative relationship.

In the OCN drama 'Superior Day' (played by Lee Ji-hyun, directed by Jo Nam-hyung, planned by Studio Dragon, produced by iwill media), which will be broadcast on the 24th, Shim Sang-chi between the hitman Bae Tae-jin (Ha Do-kwon) and the serial killer Kwon Si-woo (Lee Won-geun) An unfamiliar atmosphere flows.

https://news.koreadaily.com/2022/04/23/sports/broadcast/20220423214848565.html#

Hello @backstreetboysfan

Have you seen the last episode yet?? 
I am so upset with the way the writer wrote the police procedures and neither of these hot headed cops are good at their jobs unlike the fireman’s wife. 

SPOILER IN THE BOX

Spoiler

I believe the Reporter got what was coming to him. He like the cops made foolish guesses and got himself killed. Why would you taunt a SERIAL KILLER??

• Awesome 2

21 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello @backstreetboysfan

Have you seen the last episode yet?? 
I am so upset with the way the writer wrote the police procedures and neither of these hot headed cops are good at their jobs unlike the fireman’s wife. 

SPOILER IN THE BOX

Reveal hidden contents

I believe the Reporter got what was coming to him. He like the cops made foolish guesses and got himself killed. Why would you taunt a SERIAL KILLER??

Yes I have. 

Spoiler

I agree that report should not of trusted him like what the heck.

Glad he found his daughter but omy that ending.

• Like 1

Hwa-Young Lim, Genre Optimization “Thank you for ending the day on Sunday” (‘Superior Day’)

B3MPUU55NBNXJZ2SHBLSTKYHZE.jpg

Actress Lim Hwa-young delivered her final greetings ahead of the end of 'A Superior Day'. While the OCN drama 'A Superior Day' (played by Lee Ji-hyun, directed by Nam-hyung Cho) has only one episode left until the end, she plays the role of 'Choi Jeong-hye', the wife of 'Lee Ho-cheol' (Jin-goo) and a police detective. Lim Hwa-young's impressions of the end of the show were revealed.

In 'Superior Day', in which a fierce psychological chase unfolds between the characters in every episode, telling the story of 24 hours of having to kill the serial killer who lives next door to save their kidnapped daughter, Lim Hwa-young plays Choi Jeong-hye, who keeps the center of her family strong despite the extreme circumstances in which her daughter is kidnapped. He played an active role as another axis supporting the drama through

From an unknown daughter, her husband driven as a criminal, to the threat of a serial killer, to make matters worse, she quickly released the complex emotional line by holding the center of gravity of the character without shaking even in the fast-paced development. In this way, Lim Hwa-young left a deep impression on her viewers once again by giving birth to a vivid color Choi Jeong-hye with her stable breathing and her own personality.

Through her agency Yuborn Company, Lim Hwa-young said, “‘Choi Jeong-hye’ was a character that made me learn and feel a lot while acting.” Thank you for being there. On Sunday night, I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who ended the day with our ‘Superior Day’.”

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/04/30/56FYY5KZYELBIKL4NAQAYL4PAI/

Who will be 'superior' to survive at the end of 'superior day'?

http://img.etoday.co.kr/pto_db/2022/04/600/20220429120510_1746381_1000_667.jpg

Finally, 24 hours, the end of the given time was approaching. In the OCN drama 'Superior Day', which gives thrills every episode with unexpected developments, the last episode has been revealed to make the final episode even more chewy.

First, at the end of last week's broadcast, Lee Ho-cheol (Jin Goo) reunited with his daughter Su-a (Jo Yoo-ha), who he had been desperately searching for for a day, and finally succeeded in reuniting, raising a sense of relief. However, that feeling was short-lived, and Bae Tae-jin (Ha Do-kwon) and Kwon Si-woo (Lee Won-geun) appeared in front of their daughter and made the surroundings freeze in an instant.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=224173

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Superior Day, 우월한 하루
4 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah it had me thinking that as well.

Story wise , it was good but I wasn’t to thrilled with  the actor playing LHC. It felt a bit flat where as the rest of the cast were brilliant. 

Watch: Jin Goo, Ha Do Kwon, Lee Won Geun, And More Say Goodbye To “A Superior Day” And Pick Favorite Scenes

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

May 3, 2022
by S. Cho

“A Superior Day” has shared the cast’s farewell comments in a making video from their final filming!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, OCN’s “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door. Jin Goo stars as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon plays Bae Tae Jin, a professional hitman who is chasing the elusive serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

Jin Goo shares, “Like the title ‘A Superior Day,’ this is a drama that draws out the happenings of one day. However, due to COVID-19, weather, and other unfavorable conditions over a long period of time, filming was postponed a lot and we’ve gone on for five months. I want to say that it was a long and exhausting day, but I also want to say that it was a happy day that made me feel proud, as if I’ve earned results where I achieved something.”

After introducing himself, Ha Do Kwon comments, “We’ve finally wrapped up the final scene for our drama ‘A Superior Day,’ that we’ve carried out for a long time.” Holding up his fake bloodied hand, the actor added, “As you can see, we finished with a bit of a rough last scene, but up until now, I’ve worked on this really great drama enjoyably.”

Lee Won Geun greets viewers and shares, “Today is our last filming and I feel so regretful and sad. I’ve grown that affectionate [for the drama], our set was so good, and I liked all the actors, director, and staff members. There wasn’t a single thing I regretted, but I would very much want to continue with filming for Episodes 9 and 10, so I feel very regretful.”

Jo Yoo Ha, who played Lee Ho Chul’s daughter Lee Soo Ah, shares, “I thought filming for ‘A Superior Day’ would never end and as I’ve grown so affectionate for the actors and staff members, it feels both refreshing and upsetting that I’m now seeing it end.”

When the actors were asked to pick their favorite scenes, Jin Goo answered that all his scenes were memorable. Ultimately, he chose the scene after he rescues his daughter and interrupts Kwon Si Woo’s final project as he states, “Murder is not something superior.”

Ha Do Kwon picked the scene where his character angrily changes out of a bloodied dress shirt. He explains, “Due to the [skin] reveal of that scene, I remember exercising and watching my diet. That was hard, which is why it is most memorable.”

Lee Won Geun chose the scene between Kwon Si Woo and Lee Ho Chul at the movie theater, adding that this was when Kwon Si Woo was able to properly display his true colors.

Jo Yoo Ah comments, “The most memorable scene was obviously the first action scene I ever filmed, where I break the window to escape from Si Woo’s hideout and fall from the third floor. That was the most memorable and the most fun.”

Jin Goo tells his character that he’s proud and that he worked hard, then comments, “I realized how dangerous it is to use the word superior, so I want to say that all fathers around the world are beautiful and incredible.”

Later, Im Hwa Young introduces her character Choi Jung Hye, Lee Ho Chul’s wife. She comments, “To the viewers who watched ‘A Superior Day,’ did you watch our drama enjoyably? Thank you so much for binge-watching Episodes 1 through 8 with us. Thank you for giving lots of love to the drama that the producers, staff members, and actors worked hard to create.”

Finally, the main cast members, along with Song Young Kyu and Park Min Jung, thank viewers for tuning in and sending lots of love to “A Superior Day,” and ask for their continued support of OCN dramas.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1524730wpp/watch-jin-goo-ha-do-kwon-lee-won-geun-and-more-say-goodbye-to-a-superior-day-and-pick-favorite-scenes

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, UnniSarah said:

I'm sorry, but I disagree. The fireman's wife was not a good cop. Her actions from episode 1 just rubbed me the wrong way. It was HER that told HoCheol to say he didn't see Kwon Si-Woo. She didn't want him to put their family in danger. She said "before I'm a detective, I'm a wife and a mother"... what about the victims she swore to protect when she became a cop? What about their families? What makes it worse is that her telling him to lie didn't even matter... that scummy reporter told everyone he saw the murderer anyway. 

It was her colleagues that were actually following police procedure.** They were doing their jobs. As viewers we know HoCheol is innocent, but ALL of the evidence was pointing to him. It's easy to get pulled into thinking the cops are bad or annoying because we know the truth. They don't know what we know, so all of their actions were based off of evidence. It is frustrating to know and not be able to do anything. I liked that, because like HoCheol being trapped in that situation, we as viewers are also helpless to help him. 

** except for Sun-Woo

Spoiler

She got herself stabbed because she was really dumb. She should have reported the name of the suspect while she was chasing him AND waited for backup before going into that container. 

I got the feeling that HoCheol and JungHye didn't fully trust or respect each other's capabilities, more so her than him. JungHye didn't want him to be a firefighter because it is a dangerous job. From the tone of that conversation, they'd fought about it before. I felt like that influenced his decision not to tell her everything. We know that he likes his job, and saving people is part of his identity (he straight out says this to TaeJin).

It made me uncomfortable that his wife wanted him to ignore that part of himself. It's likely why she kept the transfer to herself at the end of the final episode. It was a BIG mistake on her part :grimace: 

As for that ending...

Spoiler

It was one of those moments where you could feel something awful was going to happen to set up a possible season 2. Now, the real mystery is whether or not TaeJin actually killed SiWoo or if some miracle happened and it is the other way around.

Manager Joo slipped that family picture into the folder of the guy that visited him. We know that TaeJin worked for someone and that they have a lot of resources. I'm not sure they care all that much about our main family, but maybe they do. I mean ... they let TaeJin go after HoCheol just because his ego was bruised :joy: