[Drama 2022] Superior Day, 우월한 하루

larus

Ha Do Kwon, Jin Goo, And Lee Won Geun Engage In A Tense Psychological Battle In “A Superior Day”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 24, 2022
by C. Hong

OCN’s upcoming original drama “A Superior Day” has released new stills of its three lead actors, Ha Do Kwon, Jin Goo, and Lee Won Geun.

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door.

Jin Goo stars as Lee Ho Chul, an ordinary man whose daughter is kidnapped one day. He was living an ordinary life with his beloved family when he suddenly witnesses the extraordinary sight of his daughter being kidnapped. He desperately searches for her until he gets a threatening phone call saying, “If you don’t find the serial killer within 24 hours, your daughter will die.” With his daughter’s life on the line, Lee Ho Chul becomes drawn into a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse. He doesn’t have a single second to spare, so he comes up with a dangerous gamble to catch both the kidnapper and the serial killer and save his daughter at once.

Spoiler

jin-goo1.jpeg

jin-goo-a-superior-day.jpg

Ha Do Kwon stars as Bae Tae Jin, a professional hitman who has set his sights on the serial killer. Lee Ho Chul’s dangerous gamble puts a crack into Bae Tae Jin’s flawlessly designed plan to catch the serial killer, throwing the two into a complicated series of events. Bae Tae Jin is a cold-hearted contract killer who has no qualms about disposing of any obstacles to the goal he wants to achieve, so viewers are curious about how he will react to Lee Ho Chul, who threatens to wreck all his carefully laid plans.

ha-do-kwon1.jpeg

Lee Won Geun stars as Kwon Si Woo, the serial killer that Lee Ho Chul and Bae Tae Jin are chasing without even knowing what he looks like. Kwon Si Woo is obsessed with the completion of a project that will prove to the world how superior he is over everyone else. This is the decisive moment that has been a long time in the making, so these men getting on his trail and in his way are only annoyances to him. After living a careful double life, Kwon Si Woo is ready to step out with his true face into the spotlight.

Spoiler

lee-won-geun.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1514606wpp/ha-do-kwon-jin-goo-and-lee-won-geun-engage-in-a-tense-psychological-battle-in-a-superior-day

• Like 1

“A Superior Day” Shares Key Phrases To Amp Up Excitement For Premiere

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 26, 2022
by L. Kim

OCN’s new drama “A Superior Day” is gearing up for its premiere!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door.

Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a professional hitman who is chasing serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

In order to raise anticipation for the drama’s premiere, OCN released key phrases to represent the show.

Deadline: one day

The first key phrase indicates the most interesting point of the story, which is a time limit. Lee Ho Chul witnesses his daughter getting kidnapped in front of him. In order to save her, he will have to catch a notorious serial killer in 24 hours.

Things will get more intriguing as Lee Ho Chul’s, Bae Tae Jin’s, and Kwon Si Woo’s timelines get intertwined. In addition, they will get involved in a heart-stopping chase within the radius of Lee Ho Chul’s home. The fact that all these thrilling events happen in a limited time and space provides more tension than ever.

The most superior being out of the three

Lee Ho Chul, Bae Tae Jin, and Kwon Si Woo all have different purposes, and it will be interesting to find out who will be the superior one at the end.

First off, nothing else is more important to Lee Ho Chul than getting his daughter back. He will begin a desperate fight as he goes to the ends of the earth for his mission. On the other hand, Bae Tae Jin’s goal is to catch Kwon Si Woo. No one knows why he’s so intent to catch the serial killer, but he will show a more cold and merciless approach to achieve his objective. Lastly, Kwon Si Woo, who believes he’s the most superior being, will not hold back to prove it. At the end of the given time, who will be the one smiling with triumph?

An OCN series based on a hit webtoon

Previously, OCN produced hit webtoon-based dramas like “Strangers From Hell” and “The Uncanny Counter.” “A Superior Day” is the next webtoon-based drama that OCN is preparing, and on top of that, the webtoon itself is a popular series by Team Getname, which includes the author Kim Carnby, who wrote “Sweet Home,” and Aruani, who wrote “Dr. Hound.” Webtoon fans can look forward to the three-dimensional birth of another legendary series.

In addition, fans can enjoy comparing the actors Jin Goo, Ha Do Kwon, and Lee Won Geun to the original webtoon characters. It will be exciting to see their performances as they boast a high synchronization rate with their roles.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1514804wpp/a-superior-day-shares-key-phrases-to-amp-up-excitement-for-premiere

• Like 2

“A Superior Day” Writers Dish On Why Lee Won Geun, Ha Do Kwon, And Jin Goo Are Perfect For Their Roles

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 26, 2022
by E. Cha

The writers of OCN’s “A Superior Day” have shared their excitement about the upcoming drama!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door. Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a professional hitman who is chasing serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

The original webtoon was written by Team Getname, a duo comprised of “Sweet Home” writer Kim Carnby and “Dr. Hound” writer Aruani. Explaining their vision for “A Superior Day,” the writers recalled, “Rather than a long, epic saga, we wanted to create a story that chased events unfolding in real time. We wanted to make readers lose themselves in the story, so that they felt like they were experiencing the main character’s day together with him in real time.”

“When we received the offer for a drama adaptation, the thing that made us happiest was that we’d found someone who understood our intentions [while creating the webtoon],” they continued. “From the moment we began planning the webtoon, we’d had video in mind, so we’re really looking forward to seeing the drama version.”

Meanwhile, Lee Ji Hyun—the writer of the upcoming drama adaptation—confessed that she’d felt some pressure about living up to the quality of the original. “My biggest concern was capturing the immersive quality of the original webtoon and its ability to draw readers in,” she revealed. “I tried not to lose the frightening suspense of the possibility that a murderer, hidden amongst ordinary people in an ordinary place, could be my next-door neighbor.”

A-Superior-Day1.jpeg

However, all the writers agreed that the three leading actors had been perfectly cast in their respective roles. Team Getname marveled, “Jin Goo, Ha Do Kwon, and Lee Won Geun’s synchronization with their characters is 120 percent. They’re creating charming characters that are beyond anything I could ever have dared imagine.”

They added, “I can’t wait to see Ha Do Kwon and Lee Won Geun acting out two villains who are polar opposites, as well as Jin Goo desperately fighting back while stuck between them.”

Lee Ji Hyun chimed in, “Even just imagining Jin Goo’s flawless portrayal of Lee Ho Chul leaves no room for doubt.”

She went on to point out how perfect Ha Do Kwon—a trained classical singer—was for the role of Bae Tae Jin. “The character of Bae Tae Jin first appears in the drama through only his voice, so I thought that the weight of his voice would be crucial,” she explained. “In that respect, I think casting Ha Do Kwon was a stroke of genius.”

Finally, she teased, “Through his portrayal of Kwon Si Woo, Lee Won Geun will show the unexpected charm of a twist hiding behind his smiling face, so please look forward to it.”

A-Superior-Day-22.jpeg

Lee Ji Hyun also noted that viewers will be able to enjoy the drama regardless of whether they’ve read the original webtoon, commenting, “Viewers who read the webtoon first will be able to have fun comparing the similarities and differences between [the drama and the webtoon], and viewers who haven’t read the webtoon will be able to focus entirely on the situations in the drama.”

She confidently concluded, “It’s a drama that will definitely live up to your expectations, so please give it lots of interest.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1514842wpp/a-superior-day-writers-dish-on-why-lee-won-geun-ha-do-kwon-and-jin-goo-are-perfect-for-their-roles

• Like 2

Jin Goo Talks About Why He Really Wanted His Role In New Thriller Drama “A Superior Day”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 2, 2022
by E. Cha

Jin Goo has shared his thoughts on his starring role in OCN’s upcoming drama “A Superior Day”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door.

Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a slick professional hitman who is chasing the elusive serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

Explaining why he had wanted the part of Lee Ho Chul so badly, Jin Goo revealed, “It had been a long time since I’d played a character who’s desperate, and I wanted to completely lose myself in [that despair] while acting.”

He went on to describe the character of Lee Ho Chul as “a person who’s strong enough to even put his life on the line in order to save his family and innocent lives.”

The actor also shared that playing such a passionately self-sacrificing character had been an inspiring experience. “Although he constantly finds himself in danger due to the two villains, Lee Ho Chul pours everything he’s got into trying to save his daughter,” said Jin Goo, “and while playing him, I came to realize and learn a lot of things.”

Jin-Goo-2.jpg

As for his portrayal of the character, Jin Goo shared that he put a lot of thought and careful planning into his acting before filming began.

“Even though it’s only 24 hours within the story, in real life, we filmed over a long period of time,” noted the actor. “So I thought it was important to keep up the same energy that we had at the beginning [of filming].”

He went on to share, “I really wanted to pay close attention to each and every change in my character’s emotions, so I drew detailed diagrams that only I can understand on my script. From the shape of my mouth to my gaze and the tips of my toes, I wanted to show a very calculated acting performance.”

Jin-Goo-3.jpg

Finally, Jin Goo asked viewers to tune in while cryptically teasing, “If you watch our drama, I think you’ll really be able to realize what it means to be truly ‘superior.'”

He added, “It’s definitely going to be engraved [in people’s memories] as a drama that’s fun to watch, so please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1515404wpp/jin-goo-talks-about-why-he-really-wanted-his-role-in-new-thriller-drama-a-superior-day

Jin Gu, Ha Do-kwon, and Lee Won-geun play a dangerous game of cat and mouse in Superior Day

by tccolb

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/K-suda-poster1-1.jpg

We’re in for another chilling tale from OCN in their upcoming drama Superior Day. In advance of the coming premiere, new promos have been released including a video teaser, posters, and stills.

The story has our three leads in a complicated web, and the question of who is chasing who doesn’t have a simple answer. Jin Gu (Legal High) is trapped in a dangerous blackmail when his daughter’s kidnapper instructs him to capture the serial killer Lee Won-geun (One the Woman). But no one knows Lee’s real identity, and there are several parties after him.

The infamous hit man Ha Do-kwon (The Witch’s Diner), for one, is already on Lee Won-geun’s tail and doesn’t want Jin Gu or anyone else in his way. All the while, Lee is putting his own plans in motion and he aims to prove to the world that he truly is superior.

The new teaser begins with alarms going off at a prison where Ha Do-kwon attacks a fellow inmate. The scene then cuts to Jin Gu waiting at a station and we hear a woman saying, “Even if you saw, you didn’t. Even if you remember, don’t ever say you do.” In the quick sequence that follows, we flashback to a sketch portrait, an injured Jin Gu, and a hooded man exiting the room. A text screen appears afterwards, reading: “The unknown serial killer returns.”

The video then jumps to Jin Gu receiving a phone call. He asks, “Who is this?” and a girl breathes, “Dad…” Cutting to a crumpled photo of a girl and then someone tied up on the floor, Jin yells his daughter’s name. In voiceover, Jin continues his phone call and demands the mysterious caller to talk. The caller ominously asks, “What’s more precious than your own life?”

As we transition to a hooded man waiting on a subway platform, the captions read: “In order to catch a monster, you need to become a monster.” In the next sequence , we see police investigating a crime scene, and close-up shots of our three leads: Lee Won-geun, Ha Do-kwon, and Jin Gu. Jin explains, “I’m the only one who knows his face.” To which Lee replies, “I think you need to run away.”

In another text screen, we read: “An explosive thriller about three men,” before we jump to Ha Do-kwon defending himself from a gas attack and fighting off his opponent. Jin Gu warns, “Don’t think that I can’t do it.” But Lee doesn’t back down, “If you want, I’ll show you… how superior I am.” The teaser comes to a close on a desperate Jin Gu and a final text screen that reads: “Only the most superior will survive.”

Written by Lee Ji-hyun and directed by PD Jo Nam-hyung (Tale of the Nine Tailed), OCN’s Superior Day premieres on March 13.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/03/jin-gu-ha-do-kwon-and-lee-won-geun-play-a-dangerous-game-of-cat-and-mouse-in-superior-day/

'Superior Day' Jin-goo, Ha Do-kwon, and Lee Won-geun, in perfect synchronization with the characters in the original

a-superior-day-1.jpg

OCN writes a new history of webtoon-based drama once again with 'A Superior Day'.

Based on the popular thriller webtoon of the same name, composed of writer Kim Kanby of 'Sweet Home' and writer Aruani of 'Doctor Hound', 'Superior Day' is previously published through various works such as 'Strangers from Hell' and 'Wonderful Rumors'. OCN, which has nurtured many fans, is gathering hot topics in that it is a new webtoon-based drama.

The fantastic synergy between OCN and webtoon has been going on for a long time. OCN has also built a unique worldview by dramatizing a number of webtoons such as 'Doctor Frost', 'Save Me', 'Strangers from Hell', and 'Wonderful Rumors'.

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=220879

Premiere Watch: Crazy Love, Kill Heel, A Superior Day

by missvictrix

A Superior Day

Time slot: Sundays
Broadcaster: OCN
Genre: Crime, thriller
Episode count: 8

Reasons to watch: Long time no OCN! They’re back with an appropriately dark and twisted tale that’s led by Jin Gu, Lee Won-geun, and Ha Do-kwon. I’ll be shameless for a moment and say that it was Lee Won-geun that sparked my interest here (Sassy Go Go shoutout!) — but even more interesting that he plays a serial killer. He’ll have fun with that, I’m sure, but the other characters in the drama not so much. All three characters find themselves in a tangled web, and with some promising promos (I love the poster so much!) and a short episode count, this could be a nice tightly-written thriller.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/03/premiere-watch-crazy-love-kill-heel-a-superior-day/

Watch: Jin Goo Must Stay Alert To Save His Daughter In “A Superior Day” Premiere Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 8, 2022
by S. Cho

“A Superior Day” has shared a thrilling new preview of its premiere episode!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, OCN’s “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door.

Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a slick professional hitman who is chasing the elusive serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

The teaser begins with Lee Ho Chul debating his return to work after being traumatized from witnessing the cruel scene of a serial murder case. His wife Choi Jung Hye (Im Hwa Young) tells him, “If you go to the scene, you’ll keep getting reminded of that time. Do you have to return?”

As he lives with the constant fear of not knowing when the serial killer will come after him for witnessing the scene, he starts growing more and more anxious when mysterious men start hanging around his daughter Su Ah (Jo Yoo Ha).

Amid that stressful situation, the serial killer that Lee Ho Chul witnessed in the past makes their return, turning the world upside down. His wife insists, “He could come after you first.”

Despite being constantly alert, Lee Ho Chul’s daughter eventually gets kidnapped by a mysterious identity. As Lee Ho Chul does everything he can to get his daughter back, he gets a call from the kidnapper. The person on the other end eerily tells him, “From now on, we’ll protect your daughter.”

The production team shared, “From episode 1, we plan to present a pace that you cannot look away from for even one moment. In a situation where no one can feel at ease, please do not loosen your suspicions for any character.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1516393wpp/watch-jin-goo-must-stay-alert-to-save-his-daughter-in-a-superior-day-premiere-teaser

March 9 2022

Highlight trailer for OCN drama “A Superior Day”

A_Superior_Day-tp01.jpeg

Highlight trailer added for OCN drama series “A Superior Day” starring Jin Goo, Ha Do-Kwon, & Lee Won-Geun. The drama series follows a man named Lee Ho-Cheol (Jin Goo) who receives an order to kill his serial killer neighbor Kwon Shi-Woo (Lee Won-Geun) within 24 hours or his daughter dies. Captions in the highlight trailer states (0:41) “A man witnessed a murder,” (1:10) “Daughter was kidnapped,” (1:33) “Within 24 hours,” (1:43) “He has to remember the murderer’s face,” (2:47) “To catch a monster,” (2:52) “He has to become a monster.”

“A Superior Day” first airs March 13, 2022 in South Korea. The drama series will air one episode per week on Sundays at 10:30 PM.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Lee Ho-Cheol (Jin Goo) works as a firefighter. He is your typical head of household, who loves his wife and daughter. Recently, the media covers an unsolved serial killer case. The case has nothing to do with Lee Ho-Cheol, but he receives a text message that states “I will let you know who the serial killer is” and a photo. The photo is of a man holding a knife covered with blood and he is next to a murdered person.

Lee Ho-Cheol notices that the man holding the bloody knife is Kwon Shi-Woo (Lee Won-Geun), who lives next door to him. Lee Ho-Cheol receives another text message that states “Kill Kwon Shi-Woo within 24 hours. If you don’t, you will not see your daughter again.” Lee Ho-Cheol discovers that his daughter is now missing.

Meanwhile, the person who sent the text message is Bae Tae-Jin (Ha Do-Kwon). He is a hired killer, who chases after serial killer Kwon Shi-Woo. Bae Tae-Jin schemes a plan to kill Kwon Shi-Woo by using Lee Ho-Cheol.

Kwon Shi-Woo (Lee Won-Geun) looks like a kind young man with a handsome appearance, but he is a psychopath. He feels a sense of superiority by killing people.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/highlight-trailer-for-ocn-drama-a-superior-day

Lee Won Geun Discusses Upcoming Drama “A Superior Day,” His Role As A Serial Killer, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 10, 2022
by L. Kim

Lee Won Geun has shared his thoughts on his starring role in OCN’s upcoming drama “A Superior Day”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “A Superior Day” is a thriller about the 24-hour nightmare of an ordinary man who must save his kidnapped daughter by murdering the serial killer who lives next door.

Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a slick professional hitman who is chasing the elusive serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun).

First off, Lee Won Geun expressed his joy about being part of the drama. He commented, “It’s such an honor to work with a great director, writer, and senior actors. We started filming in the cold winter, but I’m always grateful that everyone created a warm set with one heart.”

His character Kwon Si Woo is a serial killer who hides his vicious nature behind his perfect appearance and lives among other people. As he is someone with two faces, fans are curious to see how Lee Won Geun will portray his double life. The actor shared, “I researched [a way to] to exude cool vibes even with his pure and kind appearance.”

He continued, “No matter what situation [my character was in] or person [my character] faced, I acted with the single message of ‘I’m more superior. Since he is a person who kills without guilt to gain superiority, I thought he wanted to be a bit vile rather than just frightening, so I practiced even the most minor actions and facial expressions.”

lee-won-geun-1.jpg

This is the first time Lee Won Geun is playing a villain. Concerning that, he remarked, “Kwon Si Woo is a character who is like a homework and goal for me. While referring to the psychopath character and looking in the mirror, I thought a lot about how to create his smile. Through Kwon Si Woo, I’ll do my best to make my smile feel creepy.”

Spoiler

lee-won-geun-2.jpg

Lee Won Geun shared, “You must binge watch ‘A Superior Day’ four or more times. At first, you can watch while following the speed and story of the drama. Then if you watch it again from the perspectives of Lee Ho Chul, Bae Tae Jin, and Kwon Si Woo, you will be able to immerse into the drama more.”

He added, “Even if they’re all heading towards a single goal, their thoughts and feelings are different in each scene, so the key of the story varies depending on which point of view you see it from. When you do that and watch the drama for the final time, you’ll be able to enjoy it much more.”

lee-won-geun-3.jpg

OCN’s “A Superior Day” premieres on March 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1516592wpp/lee-won-geun-discusses-upcoming-drama-a-superior-day-his-role-as-a-serial-killer-and-more

• Awesome 1

Ha Do Kwon Halts Filming For “A Superior Day,” “Sh**ting Stars,” And More After Testing Positive For COVID-19

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 11, 2022
by E. Cha

Ha Do Kwon has temporarily halted all activities after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

On March 11, Ha Do Kwon’s agency 935 Entertainment announced that the actor had cancelled his entire schedule after testing positive for COVID-19 the previous afternoon.

In addition to halting filming for his upcoming dramas “A Superior Day,” “Sh**ting Stars,” and “Red Heart” [literal translation], Ha Do Kwon will also be sitting out the press conference for “A Superior Day” that he was scheduled to attend later today.

“Ha Do Kwon was diagnosed with COVID-19 on the afternoon of March 10,” stated 935 Entertainment. “As the spread of COVID-19 has been increasing rapidly of late, [Ha Do Kwon] has been periodically testing himself using self-test kits. When his self-test returned a positive result on March 10, he immediately went to a nearby hospital and underwent PCR testing, and later that day, his test results came back positive.”

“Ha Do Kwon previously received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, and he currently does not have any particular symptoms,” continued the agency. “As soon as his self-test returned a positive result, he immediately halted all scheduled activities.”

The agency went on to elaborate, “After asking for the understanding of those affiliated with the shows he is currently filming—OCN’s ‘A Superior Day,’ tvN’s ‘Sh**ting Stars,’ and KBS2’s ‘Red Heart’—he has currently cancelled of his scheduled shoots. He will also inevitably not be participating in the ‘A Superior Day’ press conference that was scheduled for today.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1516724wpp/ha-do-kwon-halts-filming-for-a-superior-day-shting-stars-and-more-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19

[Episode 1 Preview] Ho-cheol became obsessed with safety from that day! Everyone around her is suspicious!

Superior Day Launch Special] 3/11 (Fri) Continuous broadcast from 8pm

by lo_ve, March 11, 2022

Actor Na Chul will be joining the upcoming OCN drama "A Superior Day."

On March 11th, Na Chul's agency UL Entertainment announced that the actor will be added to the cast of the upcoming thriller drama "A Superior Day." 

He will be joining Jin Goo, Ha Do Gwon, and Lee Won Geun in the upcoming series directed by Jo Nam Hyung and writer Lee Ji Hyun. The series will be produced by Studio Dragon and I Will Media.

"A Superior Day" is a 24-hour thriller drama that will showcase the journey of an ordinary man who has to kill the serial killer living next door in order to save his kidnapped daughter. The story of the drama is based on a webtoon of the same name written by Team Getname. 

Na Chul will play the role of Seo Min Gi. He will work closely with Ha Do Gwon who will play the role of Bae Tae Jin, the killer.

"A Superior Day" also held their press conference on March 11th. The drama will air its first episode on March 13, 10:30 PM KST. It will exclusively air on OCN. 

BPVy7_2f.jpg

This will be the first official drama of Na Chul for 2022. He made a special appearance in the soon-to-end series "Through the Darkness." 

In 2021, the actor was super busy appearing in several dramas such as "Happiness," "Jirisan," "D.P.," "Hospital Playlist 2," and  "Vincenzo." He was also in the hit 2021 movie "Sinkhole." 

Na Chul made his acting debut in 2012. Since then, the actor has been participating in different dramas and movies as a supporting actor. Other projects that Na Chul starred in are "Touch Your Heart," "Entourage," "Extreme Job," "Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds," and more. 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/na-chul-confirmed-to-join-a-superior-day

Jin Goo, Lee Won Geun, And Im Hwa Young Explain How Their “A Superior Day” Characters Differ From Past Roles, Compare Drama To Webtoon, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 11, 2022
by S. Cho

On March 11, OCN held an online press conference for their upcoming drama “A Superior Day”!

Jin Goo will star as Lee Ho Chul, a firefighter who has only 24 hours to rescue his kidnapped daughter, while Ha Do Kwon will play Bae Tae Jin, a slick professional hitman who is chasing the elusive serial killer Kwon Si Woo (played by Lee Won Geun). Im Hwa Young plays Choi Jung Hye, who is married to Lee Ho Chul.

Participating in the press conference were main cast members Jin Goo, Lee Won Geun, and Im Hwa Young, as well as director Jo Nam Hyung. Ha Do Kwon was unable to attend after testing positive for COVID-19 earlier in the day.

Regarding differences between the drama and the webtoon, director Jo Nam Hyung shared, “Since the original was a project with so many fans, I worried a lot and felt very pressured about how to go about filming. The biggest difference from the original is the acting from actors Jin Goo, Lee Won Geun, and Ha Do Kwon. There’s also the role of Jung Hye [who is not in the webtoon], who will add another level of fun. I believe that a rich story, from a different time period than the original, will arise.”

Jo Nam Hyung also expanded on the drama’s meaning, explaining, “Although it’s overflowing with thrill, within that, [the drama] captures the meaning of family. Within a super advanced and competitive society, I hope viewers will also think about what it means to be superior over others. Rather than inconveniencing others due to your own wrong values or causing chaos in society for your personal greed, I’ve thought about how Lee Ho Chul’s sense of justice and his courage to sacrifice himself for others is what ‘superiority’ is.”

A-Superior-Day.jpeg

Jin Goo shared why he chose to appear in “A Superior Day,” saying, “In many of my previous works up until now, I’ve done hard roles where I’ve had to overcome adversity. This time, [my role] was the most desperate I’ve ever been. Before I aged more and had a harder time [doing roles like this], I wanted to do a desperate role while I was just a bit younger.”

On his decision to join, Lee Won Geun explained, “Up until now, I’ve done bright, warm, and smiley roles, but this time, the idea of a completely opposite character was charming to me. Since the story happens within a day, there’s also a good pace to it. It was fun no matter what script I compared it to. The original is fun too, but I liked the adapted script.”

As this is the first villain role of his career, Lee Won Geun added, “Psychopaths and serial killers appear in many dramas, but they will appear differently in our drama. I thought about what I could do to make myself appear vicious. I paid a lot of attention to my voice tone and smile. I wanted there to be an eerie vibe from my smile.”

Later, the cast each spoke about their characters’ “superiority” within the drama. Jin Goo commented, “I personally believe that people are the most precious, and people are the most important in the drama too. I think that ‘superiority’ is not moving ahead of others but catching someone who is falling behind. I also try to become a person like that.”

Lee Won Geun continued, “Si Woo feels superior when he collects things one by one and shows them off.” Jin Goo then chimed in, “This is something I feel every time we eat, but Won Geun’s appearance is superior. [He is] irreplaceable.”

Regarding her character’s superiority, Im Hwa Young shared, “I think it’s how Jung Hye takes care of and embraces everything, as a mother, a wife, and a police officer.”

Jin-Goo.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Won-Geun.jpeg

Im-Hwa-Young.jpeg

Lastly, the director explained the drama’s focal points. He shared, “From the start, the characters’ desires are expressed. The actors conveyed that well and we captured it with great detail, so please follow that well while watching. The actors also did a great job with their action scenes. The actors personally did a ton of action, so please check out Lee Ho Chul’s difficult acting.”

“A Superior Day” premieres on March 13 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1516886wpp/jin-goo-lee-won-geun-and-im-hwa-young-explain-how-their-a-superior-day-characters-differ-from-past-roles-compare-drama-to-webtoon-and-more