[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

Done with ep7:wub:

Screenshot-2021-1228-115930.jpg

Another funny and a little bit gloomy episode. 

This ep revelealed how the leads even NJ behaved during the times of troubles. CU is quite a unique person, his bizarre personality can be attributed to his artistry / being an artist. Since his younger days all his solutions when he encountered troubles is to run away (literally also) to buy time for him and for the other person involved while the two ladies chose to face the troubles right then and there. 

I'm gonna drift to another topic wc is the incorporation of the new jagganim. She is quite stubborn and a little rude but I think jagganim ahjumma is smart and knows what she is doing. The premise of kidnapping and confining the two leads in a place is somewhat a blunt move but  will reap the result they want - to know if the two leads still have feelings with each other or don't have anymore? 

:happyshakes:

Another success narrative here is NJ. I just want to appreciate her for being so courageous in facing those bullies in the virtual world. Yes, celebrities are public figures but they are also human that have emotions and pride that have been crushing whenever these bullies are always attacking. 

Don't drop any charges!  They have to reap what they have sown. They thought they were invincible because they are hidden. These are all coward people hiding under their virtual. ID. Hmppp! 

Spoiler

Screenshot-2021-1228-183940.jpg

CLAP CLAP CLAP to NJ's character. I am glad she addressed the issue of cyber bullying.:cutekitty:

One more thing - Eunho and Sol-i are really hilarious duo. They made the video to CU like it is his eulogy.

Spoiler

IMG-20211228-183619.jpg

Crazy crazy,crazy hilarious. :partyblob:

Spoiler

IMG-20211228-183554.jpg

Is this a funeral tribute? hahaha!!! 

• Love 2

8 episodes in the leads backstory is revealed. Characters of the people around them established with less/more quirkiness in hope the plot soup has many flavors with every spoonful.Is the idea to retaste a soup that one had enjoyed in the past and revisit the nostalgia with a satisfied smile? Or to make the beautiful memory be brutally tarnished with a poor experience in the present?

The story is treading on a tight rope for me ready to fall of on either side.After 8 episodes not a great feeling as a viewer.The reason I tuned in was Choi Woo shik's character.Dal mi's is underwhelming at this point.She is a talented actress but the story fails to tap her potential. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

20211229-062821.gif

hai everyone. the love scenes were very tender in episode 8. :D this is said to be the most intimate act of love that gives me an overwhelming feeling, like butterflies in my stomach. :D Yeon Soo and Choi Ung have got me covered. Yeon Soo utters without thinking, 'I think, I love you' can also be a throwback from the past. she will be a good indication of how the show is going to proceed. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

BWatched ep 8 and what can I say that ending is something we've all been waiting for!! :fullofhearts:

Ep 8 clearly looked the best visually. The places they went, all so stunning. Even that shot of the field while it was raining. 

Now off to the plot. I always felt bad for Woong because during their relationship, YS was always the alpha female, dragging him along, and that was true during the flashback of their trip. She knew why he was pouting but couldn't dignify him with a response or even with any kind of reassurance that they were not breaking up until the end of the trip. I didn't really like it. YS could've been upfront about it and then asked Woong to go on that trip for one last time since they wouldn't be able to meet for 6 months. That trip remained vivid in Woong's mind and for that reason, it hurt him. And when he was hurt, he told things to hurt her back. 

These two clearly still very much living in the past, neither quite ready to move on. It's funny how despite wanting to hurt each other, neither did so on purpose with regards to their interactions with JW and NJ respectively. About JW, he definitely knew all their feelings, after all, he knew Woong the best. Of course he couldnt help that he was in love with YS too but Woong would not stand in the way of their reunion for sure, in fact, he would help to bridge their gap. And NJ, that girl had a huge crush and genuinely bewildered at Woong's nonchalance, unaware that it came from Woong already in love with someone else, so not even someone like NJ could distract him. 

I have always been critical of Ys's character as I feel that her pride is not doing anyone any favour, so I'm glad that the events that transpired caused YS to assess herself and her feelings. Acknowledging that she felt hurt by Woong's barbed remarks, feeling jealous at Woong's burgeoning relationship with NJ, now that NJ even visited his parents and taught them how to video call, etc., and even displaying her closeness to JW in front of Woong. 

As for Woong, the flight response he had for every awkward situation was finally resolved in a way when he just up front told her that despite being sick of it, he came back to her, because she promised him that if he did, she would hold on to him and not let him go. I still want to know what was the push factor for him to react like this - maybe it was hearing the village ahjumma referring to YS as JW's gf. 

From the preview, clearly they have not given in to their feelings yet, but at least YS seemed ready provided Woong told her the one thing she's been longing to hear. Tbh, I love take charge YS :approves: and how much her insistence on staying over will only fluster woong further.

All in all, a solid week again, and I'm glad it ended this way. The agony of waiting for another week wouldve been excruciating if ep 8 ended on a cliffhanger. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Honestly even I was irritated with YS when she decided to tell Woong that she is not breaking up with him only at the end of the trip together not at the beginning of it. For their breakup, I definitely blame YS and am team Woong.

But if I think from YS’s point of view objectively I think her whole character is based on the concept of attack is the best form of defence. Her rude behaviour is totally a facade - she doesn’t want people to see the real her. The real her is the physically fatigued (due to multiple jobs) and the mentally tired self (due to no parents and lack of secure unconditional love). Her grandmother loves her but she too is like her and isn’t overtly affectionate for example like Woongs parents are. The girl crying and looking at herself in the mirror is the real her - the little child malnourished for love. She’s worried if she lets her behaviour become soft she will break down in front of other people. Hence she attacks back with her rudeness instead and builds a wall. 

The pride she has is also to mask her insecurity. She looks down upon herself as lesser than Woong as she doesn’t have a proper family nor money while Woong is from a secure background and loved. So she doesn’t want him to be with her out of pity but because he loves her. Hence she asks him to come to her. And hence she always wanted him to assure her that he loves her no matter what. Despite her background, for who she is, accepting all her flaws. I feel she also wanted to know why he loves her with all his heart and so purely despite her being as flawed as she is. 

So coming back to the day trip her excitement and joy was a facade too she was mentally preparing herself to stay 6 months away from Woong. Something she knew she had to push him to do but she too was scared to stay away from him. He’s her only security that she was letting go off for 6 months and she too was worried where they would land and if they could make it through the long distance. The conversation that they had about them not breaking up and that she thought she was in love with him was her mustering courage to be honest with him after her fighting off thousands of fears and thoughts and what if scenarios in her head. She bravely spoke from her heart without filtering and analysing and that’s why the ‘I think I love you’ was as much of a surprise for herself as it was for Woong ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

@Raynaa your post reminded me of Ys's longing for some kind of love affirmation from woong. Looks like we're heading back there in the next ep as YS will continue to drop hints to Woong to get that love declaration. The thing is Woong can be a bit oblivious to these cues as he is more of an action than verbal person. I hope for both their sakes YS finds another method to get him to profess his love. It's sad to see YS feeling downcast and insecure when she couldn't get Woong to say those 3 words when it's clear as day how devoted and in love he is to her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1