[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

On 12/28/2021 at 8:35 PM, minglanfan2 said:

8 episodes in the leads backstory is revealed. Characters of the people around them established with less/more quirkiness in hope the plot soup has many flavors with every spoonful.Is the idea to retaste a soup that one had enjoyed in the past and revisit the nostalgia with a satisfied smile? Or to make the beautiful memory be brutally tarnished with a poor experience in the present?

The story is treading on a tight rope for me ready to fall of on either side.After 8 episodes not a great feeling as a viewer.The reason I tuned in was Choi Woo shik's character.Dal mi's is underwhelming at this point.She is a talented actress but the story fails to tap her potential. 

Omg, you have noticed that too. Actually I don't want to mention it but since you have noticed it too, yeah, you are right, being the FL, her character is being outshadowed by NJ's and also by even her bff Sol-i. I think the drama needs her character to step up. Her character will be eaten by NJ, imho. :takemymoney:

On 12/28/2021 at 8:37 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG that ending of episode 8

Reveal hidden contents

We got a kiss ahh!:wub:

Wahhhh, haven't watched ep8. Again I'm late!:crazymad:

@YongZura⁷what a beautiful stills. Uri Yeonsu, in a rustic background is such a sight but I want uri Woong-ah in there not Ji - woong. :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

@YongZura⁷what a beautiful stills. Uri Yeonsu, in a rustic background is such a sight but I want uri Woong-ah in there not Ji - woong. :tounge_wink:

I was thinking of the same thing too  :getmygrooveon:I'm sure we will get it.

I like the written description and emoji used by the Swoon.

There are many different types of rain: a light drizzle, a torrential downpour, and in the case of Choi Woo-shik and Kim Da-mi, the kind that makes people kiss and fall in love again

Credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Current Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는 - Choi Woo-shik & Kim Da-mi • Mon & Tues @ 22:00 KST
On 12/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, Sakurafairy said:

Wahhhh, haven't watched ep8. Again I'm late!

Yay I'm done with ep8.

IMG-20211230-210212.jpg

Gonna thanks jagga-nim for making this episode to step up. At least we can know that in eps9-10 there will be more romance development with our leads and I feel at the same time that the kick of the 2ndary leads will be felt/shown in the next eps. 

Furthermore, 

Yeonsu is the type that will be lukewarm in so many days because she is busy dealing with her business so she would eventually unintentionally disregard the other party and would make a grand comeback just to make up for the lost times and emotional troubles. Just how she had dealt with Ung. 

You know guys I totally understood Ung-a. Yeonsu's personality is so unpredictable. If I were the boyfriend I would have broken up our relationship a long time ago, and I would never get back to her again, hahaha, but that's just me, sorry Yeonsu. 

My poor Ung. My heart breaks for him every time there is a flashback that is connected to Yeonsu and it would be a sad one. :sad1:

The narrative that I most loved here are the kisses. Yeowww, they really kissed when they were in SHS. When the camera fell down and caught Jiwoong. :sparklyeyes:

1St kiss

Spoiler

IMG-20211230-211954.jpg

2nd kiss

Spoiler

IMG-20211230-212355.jpg

3rd kiss

Spoiler

IMG-20211230-212444.jpg

Spoiler

Fourth kiss

IMG-20211230-212611.jpg

So we got four kisses from our leads. That is totally believable because they dated for five years. And in the next ep there is  a sleep over in the preview. Shall they level up their relationship or it will be another sigh? hahaha! 

I don't know why this ep is titled 'Before Sunset.' Please enlighten me chingudeul. 

Anddd, gonna ready myself for the 2ndary leads attack. Huhuhu, that, Jiwoong, not even made a clarification that Yeonsu wasn't his gf is a little premonition to me that the next episodes will be a rough ride. :crazily:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 12/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, Sakurafairy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Fourth kiss

Shall they level up their relationship or it will be another sigh, hahaha! 

I don't know why this ep is titled 'Before Sunset.' Please enlighten me chingudeul. 

Anddd, gonna ready myself for the 2ndary leads attack. Huhuhu, that, Jiwoong, not even made a clarification that Yeonsu wasn't his gf is a little premonition to me that the next episodes will be a rough ride.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the proverbial question of 'will they or won't they' may not be answered soon.As Yeonsu's BF said their relationship is a headache for others around them.Just about when it is lurking to reach migraine status I hope for a resolution.9/10 episode is to early as they are still in a diagnostic stage.

The 2nd lead stepping up.The observer finally giving in to the temptation to be a player in the open. I am hoping the turbulence in our beloved summer is what the doctor ordered to spruce up the viewing.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Is it just me or are the other ships shippable, if that makes sense? Lol. For example, I find myself liking CW with NJ and YS with JW...but I don't mind CW and YS together either, as long as CW and YS aren't fighting or hurting each other..i like them together... The realism of past relationships in this drama is A +..

Edited: Oh, yeah, i agree about YS being too much at times for CW. But i was just thinking, CW too, needs to improve. I remember a time when YS kept asking him questions that may seem trivial at the time to CW, but CW himself disregards them or doesn't take them seriously either. But his answers mattered a lot to her. I just thought she needed the same reassurances from him as he needed from her regarding their love.

Edited by haruhi17
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, haruhi17 said:

? Lol. For example, I find myself liking CW with NJ and YS with JW..

Hahaha, count me in. I just feel that Woong and NJ are more of fit with each other, personality wise,  yes they are more connected. Woong is always shall I say ignorant or clueless but NJ is always ready to explain the details to him. For Jiwoong and Yeonsu, yes, I can see their potentials. Given the personality of Jiwoong wc is dominant and insisting in a good way, I think Yeonsu is fit with that kind of personality. :tounge_wink:

However, this show is for Woong and Yeonsu, so I hope there will be more romantic moments for the leads.

To:Jagga-nim, JEBAL! :elated:

Spoiler

Oh, yeah, i agree about YS being too much at times for CW. But i was just thinking, CW too, needs to improve. I remember a time when YS kept asking him questions that may seem trivial at the time to CW, but CW himself disregards them or doesn't take them seriously either. But his answers mattered a lot to her. I just thought she needed the same reassurances from him as he needed from her regarding their love.

To your POV I totally agreed. Personality improvement really matters in a relationship, so these two really need to know each other more. If they will start a relationship they must tell and explain their emotions to each other and be more expressive emotionally. 

:please:

‘Our Beloved Summer’ Episode 8: Memories Flood Kim Da Mi and Choi Woo Sik’s Minds During Their Trip—Will a Kiss Wash Their Worries Away?

Tags

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kdramastars.com/amp/articles/123289/20211228/our-beloved-summer-episode-8-kim-da-mi-choi-woo-sik-kiss-wash-worries.htm

• Like 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

proverbial question of 'will they or won't they' may not be answered soon.

Ohhh, if that will be the case the plot will go a little winding again. I'm a little impatient person and I hope there will be not much pull and push here. Ohh, that's only me, don't be bothered. :tounge_wink:

Spoiler

Honestly even I was irritated with YS when she decided to tell Woong that she is not breaking up with him only at the end of the trip together not at the beginning of it. For their breakup, I definitely blame YS and am team Woong.

But if I think from YS’s point of view objectively I think her whole character is based on the concept of attack is the best form of defence. Her rude behaviour is totally a facade - she doesn’t want people to see the real her. The real her is the physically fatigued (due to multiple jobs) and the mentally tired self (due to no parents and lack of secure unconditional love). Her grandmother loves her but she too is like her and isn’t overtly affectionate for example like Woongs parents are. The girl crying and looking at herself in the mirror is the real her - the little child malnourished for love. She’s worried if she lets her behaviour become soft she will break down in front of other people. Hence she attacks back with her rudeness instead and builds a wall. 

The pride she has is also to mask her insecurity. She looks down upon herself as lesser than Woong as she doesn’t have a proper family nor money while Woong is from a secure background and loved. So she doesn’t want him to be with her out of pity but because he loves her. Hence she asks him to come to her. And hence she always wanted him to assure her that he loves her no matter what. Despite her background, for who she is, accepting all her flaws. I feel she also wanted to know why he loves her with all his heart and so purely despite her being as flawed as she is. 

So coming back to the day trip her excitement and joy was a facade too she was mentally preparing herself to stay 6 months away from Woong. Something she knew she had to push him to do but she too was scared to stay away from him. He’s her only security that she was letting go off for 6 months and she too was worried where they would land and if they could make it through the long distance. The conversation that they had about them not breaking up and that she thought she was in love with him was her mustering courage to be honest with him after her fighting off thousands of fears and thoughts and what if scenarios in her head. She bravely spoke from her heart without filtering and analysing and that’s why the ‘I think I love you’ was as much of a surprise for herself as it was for Woong

@Raynaa I love your analysis chingu, very on point. Hahaha, hands up, I am also team Woong in this ep. :heartxoxo:

Edited: Just wondering - being a woman myself, I don't even know where that attitude coming from - the indifference of Yesonsu. Okay, given the fact she doesn't have that regular family and all responsibility is on her shoulders then she met Woong. Woong loves her, his family loves her, adores her and treats her like a daughter. I think a little gratefulness should be given to the family of Woong hence treasuring/cherishing Woong is the best way to do that. Hahaha, but I'm not the writer so just my pov. 

:eatscookie:

Meet Kim Da-mi, star of Netflix’s Our Beloved Summer – the monster rookie won awards for Itaewon Class, loves binge-watching K-dramas … and ideally sleeps 15 hours a day

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3161427/meet-kim-da-mi-star-netflixs-our-beloved-summer-monster

• Like 2
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

Ohhh, if that will be the case the plot will go a little winding again. I'm a little impatient person and I hope there will be not much pull and push here. Ohh, that's only me, don't be bothered. :tounge_wink:

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly even I was irritated with YS when she decided to tell Woong that she is not breaking up with him only at the end of the trip together not at the beginning of it. For their breakup, I definitely blame YS and am team Woong.

But if I think from YS’s point of view objectively I think her whole character is based on the concept of attack is the best form of defence. Her rude behaviour is totally a facade - she doesn’t want people to see the real her. The real her is the physically fatigued (due to multiple jobs) and the mentally tired self (due to no parents and lack of secure unconditional love). Her grandmother loves her but she too is like her and isn’t overtly affectionate for example like Woongs parents are. The girl crying and looking at herself in the mirror is the real her - the little child malnourished for love. She’s worried if she lets her behaviour become soft she will break down in front of other people. Hence she attacks back with her rudeness instead and builds a wall. 

The pride she has is also to mask her insecurity. She looks down upon herself as lesser than Woong as she doesn’t have a proper family nor money while Woong is from a secure background and loved. So she doesn’t want him to be with her out of pity but because he loves her. Hence she asks him to come to her. And hence she always wanted him to assure her that he loves her no matter what. Despite her background, for who she is, accepting all her flaws. I feel she also wanted to know why he loves her with all his heart and so purely despite her being as flawed as she is. 

So coming back to the day trip her excitement and joy was a facade too she was mentally preparing herself to stay 6 months away from Woong. Something she knew she had to push him to do but she too was scared to stay away from him. He’s her only security that she was letting go off for 6 months and she too was worried where they would land and if they could make it through the long distance. The conversation that they had about them not breaking up and that she thought she was in love with him was her mustering courage to be honest with him after her fighting off thousands of fears and thoughts and what if scenarios in her head. She bravely spoke from her heart without filtering and analysing and that’s why the ‘I think I love you’ was as much of a surprise for herself as it was for Woong

We are on epi 8 ..Still 8 more to go. The meandering route is more suitable for kisses and endearing moments.:)

An honest conversation can solve the issue in the next episode itself. That brings out a bigger dilemma.. what major tension point will fill rest of the designated airtime?

The current romance almost mirrors  what Yeonsu and Wong did in the past.Their past break up was forced by a tragic external event.Wondering what would that event be this time? An illness,accident or another distressing financial misfortune?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Sakurafairy

I wonder what is it that you are trying to hide in the spoiler? B)

On 12/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, aigoo said:

Hello, does anyone happen to know the song playing during the night of ep8?

Appreciate it~

Which one exactly?  During their dinner?  If it's not the OST, then probably just the BGM.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

3 Key Points To Look Forward To In The 2nd Half Of “Our Beloved Summer”

by S. P

1. The fate of Choi Woong and Guk Yeon Soo’s relationship

2. The one-sided crushes of Kim Ji Woong and NJ

3. The entire story of everyone’s past

Choi-Woo-Shik-Kim-Da-Mi-Kim-Sung-Cheol-N

Credit to the owners

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Between Bad and Crazy vs Our Beloved Summer, i love this drama storyline better. But, I do prefer LDW than CWS. It feels like, all the cast and character from this drama is equally lovable. Ung parents love both his 'sons' and appreciate them. Positive relationships. They presented the present and flashback also great.

They also tackle the cyberbully issue: the bad netizen. NJ do need a friend who appreciates her unconditionally. 

We wish our OTP will solve their problem and happily ever after. I do wish KJU finds his true love soon. Its kind of sad to be always an observer. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1