[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

SBS’s “Our Beloved Summer” achieved an average viewership rating of 3.7 percent, which is a rise from 3.3 percent for its previous episode, setting a new personal best for the drama.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/moonshine-and-the-one-and-only-make-promising-starts-our-beloved-summer-records-its-personal-best-in-ratings/#ixzz7FeVyjYfa

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

So, by the end of the drama Choi Ung will have done two things at least once ...

- Give Yeon-Su a "what if" question ... what if I had told you I loved you back then?

- He will draw a person for the first time ... Yeon-Su 

Just so surprised how much I'm enjoying this drama, the chemistry between these two is just incredible.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Just now, LeftCoastOppa said:

So, by the end of the drama Choi Ung will have done two things at least once ...

- Give Yeon-Su a "what if" question ... what if I had told you I loved you back then?

Just so surprised how much I'm enjoying this drama, the chemistry between these two is just incredible.

I feel he has already drawn her and has her sketch stored somewhere. The point is not that he doesn’t draw people it’s that he drew only her and she changed so he went back to drawing buildings. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Done with episode 5:wub:

IMG-20211221-110455.jpg

A SECRET THAT CANT BE TOLD! 

Episode 5 is about KJY narrative. From the start of the drama KJY tale is very predictable. A friend that grow with the ML and secretly like the FL. :crazymad:

What I'm so surprised and amused is how KJY told his story as if he just wanted to reiterate to the viewers that "hey viewers the narrative about me that is in your mind is all correct. I am just sealing it". Kudos to jagganim for being so realistic; for not avoiding the fact that the script is easily predicted. :tounge_wink: I don't know if you notice this kind of air in how or in the way he was narrating his story. 

In this episode KJY saw KYS first in the opening ceremony of the school and  he felt something special in his heart upon seeing her.  But along the story he never had the chance to say or to share to CU because of the documentary and how CU changed from an apathetic individual to a sunny man when he got romantically involved with KYS. KJY is a polite man that will make a sacrifice because of being grateful and thankful to the friend and to the family that take care of him( that is a very good behavior of him). Plus, to begin with, he ain't also sure that KYS will reciprocate his affection. 

What I noticed when they were in the museum is how KJY asked CU about if he really got over KYS. I think KJY wanted  to know if he would admit or deny it. I think in the way he asked is just confirming if he could approach (romantically) KYS now. I don't think he forget the special feeling he had then with our FL.:Cornykiss:

(Well IRL I don't think it is proper for a friend to approach his ex-girlfriend. Even if they will say no more feelings around but the awkwardness will still be there. It is just for me I don't know about all of you here. It is better to get involve to a different woman. But since this is a drama a plot twist is needed.) 

The whole episode is entertaining. Although it is all about the secret of KJY that can't be told,  the whole episode is quite funny, dramatic and shaped up the narratives as well as the relationship of the 2nd ML/FL like KJY and NJ got to meet four years ago. While NJ was still a rookie idol and KJY is still an asst PD they met and had an unusual experience with each other wc narrated by NJ.:happyshakes:

Lastly, ahhhh, I can't believe again that CU would asked KYS this.

IMG-20211221-120547.jpg

KYS answer will really be appreciated by the viewers, LoL 

:getmygrooveon:

As far as CU had been behaving, he wasn't totally himself.:surprisedwut:

Moreover, Jang tinjang-nim knew all along that CU has this love hang - up with KYS and he also knew that someone is eyeing the young manager. 

Btw,what a cool dialogue from leader Jang wc he left to CU during the epilogue scenes.

So cool of him! :wow2:

Episode 6 will be more interesting. I hope there will be a progress with the love story of our leads. :please:

My apology for the long post again. Hahaha!!!:heartxoxo:

All photos ctto

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Done with episode 5:wub:

A SECRET THAT CANT BE TOLD! 

Episode 5 is about KJY narrative. From the start of the drama KJY tale is very predictable. A friend that grow with the ML and secretly like the FL.

What I'm so surprised and amused is how KJY told his story as if he just wanted to reiterate to the viewers that "hey viewers the narrative about me that is in your mind is all correct. I am just sealing it". Kudos to jagganim for being so realistic; for not avoiding the fact that the script is easily predicted. :tounge_wink: I don't know if you notice this kind of air in how or in the way he was narrating his story. 

In this episode KJY saw KYS first in the opening ceremony of the school and  he felt something special in his heart upon seeing her.  But along the story he never had the chance to say or to share to CU because of the documentary and how CU changed from an apathetic individual to a sunny man when he got romantically involved with KYS. KJY is a polite man that will make a sacrifice because of being grateful and thankful to the friend and to the family that take care of him( that is a very good behavior of him). Plus, to begin with, he ain't also sure that KYS will reciprocate his affection. 

What I noticed when they were in the museum is how KJY asked CU about if he really got over KYS. I think KJY wanted  to know if he would admit or deny it. I think in the way he asked is just confirming if he could approach (romantically) KYS now. I don't think he forget the special feeling he had then with our FL.

(Well IRL I don't think it is proper for a friend to approach his ex-girlfriend. Even if they will say no more feelings around but the awkwardness will still be there. It is just for me I don't know about all of you here. It is better to get involve to a different woman. But since this is a drama a plot twist is needed.) 

The whole episode is entertaining. Although it is all about the secret of KJY that can't be told,  the whole episode is quite funny, dramatic and shaped up the narratives as well as the relationship of the 2nd ML/FL like KJY and NJ got to meet four years ago. While NJ was still a rookie idol and KJY is still an asst PD they met and had an unusual experience with each other wc narrated by NJ.

Lastly, ahhhh, I can't believe again that CU would asked KYS this.

KYS answer will really be appreciated by the viewers, LoL 

As far as CU had been behaving, he wasn't totally himself.

Moreover, Jang tinjang-nim knew all along that CU has this love hang - up with KYS and he also knew that someone is eyeing the young manager. 

Btw,what a cool dialogue from leader Jang wc he left to CU during the epilogue scenes.

So cool of him!

Episode 6 will be more interesting. I hope there will be a progress with the love story of our leads.

My apology for the long post again. Hahaha!!!

All photos ctto

I watched ep5 at midnight yesterday and I coulnd't sleep at all because of Choi Woong. How could he say this? lol totally scream, really on point and emotional. 

I also think that it will be so awkward if Ji Woong chooses to develop romantic feelings and approach Yeon Soo now becasue more than the fact that she is his best friend's ex girlfriend, Choi Woong still loves Yeon Soo a lot. Let's wait and see what happened in ep 6 tonight :hahah!:

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

Why he said what he did is because of the combination of caffeine, lack of sleep nervousness and anxiety.

He hasn’t slept in the last 5 days, hasn’t eaten well and has been alone and on coffee. The shaking hands and coffee cups signify anxiety further heightened by too much caffeine. 
The entire situation is lethal sort of - the nervousness and anxiety of facing the world as an artist first time makes him vulnerable, lack of sleep makes him put his guard down and too much caffeine makes gives him momentary courage to ask her to stay. 
but the thousand emotions in his eyes when he asks her to stay is acted so well. Cant wait for today’s episode! 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, Raynaa said:

Cant wait for today’s episode! 

Hahaha exactly!:partyblob: Uri ML ain't that kind of person that will ask a thought provoking question but I am glad because of that sickening/tiring hours of drawing added with lots of chemicals from the liquids intake he had the chance to ask a question that would flip over the table of their relationship.

Hahaha 'I just hope Yeon-su - ssi you will be more charming ha!':tounge_wink: 

:cutekitty:

On 12/16/2021 at 4:45 AM, Brennster said:

Hey chingus! Does anyone know what's the name of the song from ep 3 where CU is lying on the floor,

Chingoo the ost you want to know has been released already. It is titled 'There For You'. Enjoy listening. :wub:

2 hours ago, solbean said:

lol totally scream, really on point and emotional. 

Me too - I am so excited with the ep6. 

What should Yeon-su answer?  - Would it be a Yes or No? :Pandabulous:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Ohh that last scene such brilliant acting ♥️♥️♥️

also coming back to the idol

singer only in Kdramas do you see IkJun ignoring Go Ara for SongHwa and a Choi Woo Shik ignoring the idol singer for Kim Dami. Only if such men existed in real life!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Done with episode 6:wub:

IMG-20211221-195925.jpg

PRIDE & PREJUDICE

This episode just cemented what I have hypothezised in episode 3 wc is in spoiler. The break up all boils down to insecurities / inferiority complex. 

Spoiler

As for KYS, I think she had never an easy life. I think being with her grandma ain't also easy. In her life she didn't have anything to throw away but him.

I think, just a guess - the main reason she broke up is the way how different their families. I think this will end up with insecurities. She knows that CU family has everything like love, happiness, the completeness,  while she has nothing.

CU family takes good care of him even he is that lazy and without dream. While in her house she needs to do everything for her grandma. She needs to put a strong front because her halmoni needs her protection. She doesn't have money so she needs to put herself to working more part times.

This is what they differ. This is why she is always describing CU as childike/childish because of their different background /because of their different upbringing. And this ain't CU 's fault nor KYS. It is just they have different way of life. This is also the reason how different the effects or the handling of the break up for both of them.

The Halmoni illusion theory is now OVERRULED. :gangnamstyle:

Halmoni is really a breathing family member of Yeonsu. This episode showed how or what kind of relationship the grandma and granddaughter have in the past. So they were debt-ridden and a samchon maybe pressured grandma to co-signed in the loan application. I suspect it is grandma's son who is unfamiliar to Hyeonsu. Amazingly Yeonsu paid all the debt caused by her samchon and gotten back their house from hard earned money, this is the reason why the ex-couple could bump with each other in the neighborhood from time to time. 

Further, Yeonsu for me is an amazing woman. In my POV I'm really commending her for being so tough in everything ever since she was in highschool. She had all the rights to have this thing called PRIDE wc is in our title. :shaq:

However, her life is super, entirely , 100% TIRING. Why?  because at the end of the day, what a person wanted is someone that you could share your happy moments/accomplishments/burdens/anxities. But Yeonsu has only her grandma and a friend that's also busy running her small restaurant. If she could have just learned to share her burden to Choi Ung and taught Ung to know better what kind of life she is leading, I think there will be a better life for the both of them five years ago and until now. I think they can walk in the road while holding each other hands  and can share what they did in the entire day. All her tireness and frustrations will be gone if CU is just really beside her. :sad1:

But I sympathize also with Yeonsu because maturity goes hand in hand with experience in life. She was young and all she was thinking then was she could do it on her own.

:doggie:

I just hope now that she has gained experience she would be more mature in handling her relationship and how she would treat CU. Five years have passed already and both of them have grown up in many aspects so surely they could make better decisions for themselves and their relationship. 

Spoiler

I hate Nua. He is so arrogant in this episode. He had the nerve to put an act being cool in front of others while Koo just went straightly to his chair. 

Let's go to the 'staying over in the house'. The result ain't that what was in my mind but  satisfying scenes indeed. Because of those scenes (ohhh,lovey-dovey scenes), they opened the possibility of getting back together. Yay, I hope it will be more lovey-dovey in eps7-8 coz we are going to mid way of our drama. 

I think there is already enough of building of characters' foundations since we know all the background of them,  so as an audience I wanted the present challenges for our couple being as really OTP. 

Don't you think so too? 

:7555_attack:

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Raynaa said:

Ohh that last scene such brilliant acting ♥️♥️♥️

also coming back to the idol

singer only in Kdramas do you see IkJun ignoring Go Ara for SongHwa and a Choi Woo Shik ignoring the idol singer for Kim Dami. Only if such men existed in real life!!

Hahaha! Only if! This can apply generally, not only for the idols but for having an affair with other woman. Men should stop beating their heart for other women if their hearts have beaten already for their gf or wife. Right? :crazily:

• Like 3

@Sakurafairy These characters have taken it one step ahead of monogamy and loyalty. I  mean it’s just love that drives them, not looks not status and not what other people will think. Their decision is not even 1 % head it’s all heart. Being with an idol or an actress could be a serious one up manship game for any guy but all they want is the girl they love ❤️ 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

Hahaha exactly!:partyblob: Uri ML ain't that kind of person that will ask a thought provoking question but I am glad because of that sickening/tiring hours of drawing added with lots of chemicals from the liquids intake he had the chance to ask a question that would flip over the table of their relationship.

Hahaha 'I just hope Yeon-su - ssi you will be more charming ha!':tounge_wink: 

Chingoo the ost you want to know has been released already. It is titled 'There For You'. Enjoy listening. :wub:

Me too - I am so excited with the ep6. 

What should Yeon-su answer?  - Would it be a Yes or No?

Thank you!!! I just came back again to the forum, to see the new comments just before I dive in the new episodes and saw this and have been listening on repeat!I'm a sucker, can't watch on Monday and then be anxious all night and day until the Tuesday episode is available, so I wait to watch them both one after the other. It's excruciating watching ongoing dramas especially ones like this! My heart is tight since the first episode, I was even contemplating to watch this once all the episodes are out, but I can't help it. I pray for a happy ending, don't think I'll handle it if it is anything but that!

:cries:

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Give Yeon-Su a "what if" question ... what if I had told you I loved you back then?

Hahaha, jagga-nim is that you? :tounge_wink:

The journey of this drama in every scene is what makes it beautiful and worthy to watch. Yeah,  the chemistry of these two is undeniable. And the cuteness of Choi Wooshik melts my heart. :please:

35 minutes ago, Brennster said:

I pray for a happy ending, don't think I'll handle it if it is anything but that!

Me tooooo! Happy ending is a MUST! 

Jagga-nim needs to give our Yoensu-ssi a life she deserves with Choi Ung. 

:sparklyeyes:

1 hour ago, Raynaa said:

@Sakurafairy These characters have taken it one step ahead of monogamy and loyalty. I  mean it’s just love that drives them, not looks not status and not what other people will think. Their decision is not even 1 % head it’s all heart. Being with an idol or an actress could be a serious one up manship game for any guy but all they want is the girl they love ❤️ 

Perfect statement especially this 'but all they want is the girl they love ❤️

:heartxoxo:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

On SBS, “Our Beloved Summer” recorded ratings of 4.0 percent, an increase from last episode and the third time in a row that the drama has set a new personal best in ratings. It is also the first time that the drama has broken past the 4 percent mark.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/moonshine-remains-no-1-in-ratings-our-beloved-summer-and-show-window-the-queens-house-record-highest-ratings/#ixzz7FkoSLj20

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

Haha, I now look forward to every Mon/Tues because of this drama.

I love Choi Ung - he's like me in some ways: chilled hermit, same job, chronic insomnia. The sun is up - we be lazy. But, when the night comes, we be working late night owls. Even when Ji Ung asked him to talk about his artist work, career & goals, Heck, I'd respond the same way: There's nothing to say, I just draw what I like 'cause I feel like it. Just like him, I guess I'd just like enough stability to live a simple life forever doing what I enjoy. People like Nu-a, can take their smug cocky butt elsewhere. Unfortunately there are no laws infringing on replicating art styles.

I hope he gets the closure he needs from Yeonsu to reset and they can be upfront w/each other. It really sucks when relationships are broken one-sidingly and you don't even know why. I doubt Choi Ung would ever figure it out unless someone told him.

RIP to Ji Ung though, my sad third-wheeling, friend-zoned, Brahms guy. Poor dude has no luck at romance in all his dramas I watch.

And for NJ: hopefully it's just a casual chase. Nothing too serious & serves as a bandaid for Yeonsu/Ung's relationship.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Hi everyone, new fan here. :waves:

It's been a couple of years since I last posted in a soompi forum but this drama got me back here. I just love it so much (big fan of CWS) and have been dreaming of CWS-KDM romance project since watching the witch years ago (they had chemistry even then, i know, I need help). 

Anyway, for my first post, I just want to make an appreciation post for NJ. Been reading hate posts about NJ, and while I understand, I still think NJ is a great character.

NJ is sweet, kind, respectful, humble and loyal. She doesn't seem like a brat at all and respects the people she works with, even remembering a past encounter with JW. She is readily available to help Woong, and actually gave him great advices, like how he should treat the plagiarism controversy as the price of fame. She genuinely likes his work and her conveyance of her admiration of it touched woong, even me actually, like getting sentimental over pictures of buildings. She is humble and misses simple things like tteokbokki instead of fine dining. She is loyal, coming to see Woong's live drawing goes way beyond her crush on him, she knew her presence would generate publicity and indirectly improve woong's image after the knockoff artist Noah basically went on a campaign to ruin his name. Yet, she is tactful, making it clear at least publicly that they're just friends. She clearly has a crush on him and understands his work in ways many don't but despite her fame, she had no reservations or pride to actually pursue him gradually. 

I feel that NJ is written on purpose to be the exact opposite of YS. YS bottles up her feelings while NJ goes after hers. YS lets her pride dictates her decisions, NJ lets go of hers instead. Surprisingly being famous doesn't give her the superiority complex when it comes to pursuing a guy she likes. I hope YS gets the wake up call she needs. Letting her pride get in the way will cause her to lose woong for good, she clearly still loves him. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Done with the episodes this week.  Really touched with how CW can sleep soundly because of YS presences. They really need each other to healed them self. 

:loveu:

I'm feel bad because already bad mouthing Mr.Jang. well,  he played the great role to bring the realization for CW 'bout his true feelings and who is his true love rival.

:heartxoxo:

The ending of eps.  6 is really heartbreaking. How they cry is really something. Really hoping that YS can convey her true feelings and not hide it anymore 'cause of her pride. The more she keep stubborn to follow her pride,  the more she hurting herself.

:cries:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는