[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

I think they slept together too soon. Barely back together and they jump into bed? Such a huge step considering how much they still had left unresolved. Tsk tsk. I'm sure the writers will have them work it out, but in real life sex isn't a bandaid you slap on expecting it to solve everything. And they're both smart people who should have known better. I get that this is Netflix and that young people today do  this a lot but I did think that was out of character for both of them. Would have been more realistic to wait a bit instead of doing that the first day they're back together. 

On 1/11/2022 at 8:11 AM, c Cinc said:

Now, that reconciliation scene….could it get any more real than that? It was the rawest, most relatable, and most satisfying reconciliation I have ever seen in kdrama land. There was no fanfare necessary. The silence was deafening. I was completely satisfied with Woong and YS just gazing at each other and baring their souls to one another.

True. That was beautifully done -- the script, the setting, the pace, the acting... Magnifico!!

• Like 2

Choi Woo Shik And Kim Da Mi Come To Face With Reality In “Our Beloved Summer”

by S. Nam

Spoilers

The previous episode depicted the realistic concerns that ex-couples experience while getting back together. Despite their wounds having yet to heal and their anxiety growing because they don’t know if they’ll break up again for the same reason, Choi Woong and Guk Yeon Soo continued to confirm their sincere feelings for one another. However, when Choi Woong asked why they broke up in the past, Guk Yeon Soo’s heart dropped to her stomach while recalling their breakup.

In the upcoming episode, the couple will once again face the difficulties of reality. The newly released stills capture Choi Woong and Guk Yeon Soo looking at different brochures. Choi Woong is browsing a handbook on getting into architecture school that Guk Yeon Soo had been looking at before. Although he pretended to be indifferent in front of her, Choi Woong now has a determined gaze.

Other stills portray Guk Yeon Soo’s complicated feelings. The preview for the upcoming episode showed Guk Yeon Soo finding a leaflet for a nursing hospital in her grandmother’s pocket. She narrated, “The past is like that. You end up repeating the same mistake,” drawing questions about the couple’s uncertain future.

Choi-Woo-Shik-Kim-Da-Mi.jpeg

The upcoming episode will depict the changes that follow after their documentary begins to air. The production team shared, “Please watch out for the decisions made by Choi Woong and Guk Yeon Soo, who are once again experiencing confusion while facing the ideals and realities of relationships. The reason why Choi Woong asked Guk Yeon Soo about their breakup will also be revealed.

• Like 2

The ode to movie titles from the team of our beloved summer continues and life is beautiful in episode 14.

In the vignette of creating a memorable summer in the love story  of Yeonsu and Woong, we and Woong still await for Yeonsu to say anything and let the sadness bottled in her heart dissipate.

Brief encounter with an ex-boyfriend may open the doors for an affair to remember for Sol and Eunho.

JW wants mom and him to stay the way we were forever but life always has other plans.

It happened one night when Woong found a new life goal of staying with Yeonsu forever. The age of innocence  would no longer be the  star in the long hot summer of their youthful lives. Nostalgia will be the remains of the day since I know where I'm going!  would resonate in their hearts.

P.S-My pun on some of the romantic movie titles that I wish could have featured too.I loved how OBS reminded me of some memorable movies that I had seen and enjoyed before.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

First, I love this drama. I'm so hook watching it that i stop multi-tasking and just watch the storytelling.

Here's my complain! why do tears come to my eyes for each episodes! I can't help feeling for each one

of the characters. I want to know more, but I don't want to hear the sad story... What do i do?

I come back every Monday & Tuesday looking forward to the next episode. I love Ung, Yeon so, Ji-Ung and NJ.

TBH, I really want to hear the background story of Ji-Ung and his mother.. Why would a mother be like that.

I want Ung and Ji-Ung to interact more. Their relationship is too precious!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

“Our Beloved Summer” Sweeps Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings + “Bulgasal” Claims 5 Out Of 10 Spots On Actor List

“Our Beloved Summer” Sweeps Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings + “Bulgasal” Claims 5 Out Of 10 Spots On Actor List

Jan 19, 2022
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Our Beloved Summer” has defended its title as the most buzzworthy drama of the week!

For the second consecutive week, “Our Beloved Summer” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did the popular rom-com remain the most buzzworthy drama of the week, but its stars Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi continued to sweep the top two spots on the list of most buzzworthy drama members, ranking No. 1 and No. 2 respectively.

• Like 1

I've just caught up with this show and I really like it. 

I think YS and Ung will stay together until the end. They are hinting that Ung might go to Europe and that grandma is sick, so they are being pulled in two different directions. I hope they go the route of a long-distance relationship

I will be annoyed if they break up again only to get back together after a time jump. I hate the drama time jumps that magically fix everything without the main couple actually working through what broke them up in the first place. I feel like this show is doing a good job of showing us how happy they are, but at the same time that not everything is fixed and good. 

I need Ji-Ung to be happy. I hope that with his mother there is understanding, but I don't want them to whitewash her abandonment. Like come up with some sort of excuse that makes it all okay. I would rather Ji-Ung come to some sort of understanding/peace with his mother before she dies. 

As far as romantically I do not want him with Chae-ran. I feel like there isn't enough time to build them in a satisfying way. I feel like her story parallels Ji-Ungs, about letting go of one-sided loves. 

I know we only have two episodes left, but I feel like there is a lot to tie up. Before the end I want one more NJ and Ji-Ung scene. NJ needs a friend and I like their scenes together.

However, the combo I really want to see is Ji-Ung and CJ. Their friendship is one of my favorite relationships in the show, and I know things are awkward right now. But I need them to make up (even though they aren't really fighting) and just get a good supportive friendship scene between them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Gaon has released its weekly chart rankings for the week of January 9 to January 15. Link

gaon-download-chart1.jpg

Lee Seung Yoon’s “The Giving Tree” dropped down to second and was the first of two OSTs from the drama “Our Beloved Summer” to place in the top five this week, with BTS’s V’s “Christmas Tree” rising to No. 5. 

The Giving Tree

- Audio (YT) Audio (Spotify)

- MV

- Lyric with translation

Christmas Tree

- Audio (YT) Audio (Spotify)

- MV

- Lyric with Translation

Credit to the owners

• Like 1

Hi everyone, so happy as the OST is finally out for pre-order today, yeay :hooray2:OBS has been my happy pill since it started and it is the only drama where Monday has somehow become my fav day of the week :omg:Anywho, looking forward for the last two episodes of OBS :please:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1