[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

38 minutes ago, Rivai Usman said:

Done with the episodes this week.  Really touched with how CW can sleep soundly because of YS presences. They really need each other to healed them self. 

:loveu:

I'm feel bad because already bad mouthing Mr.Jang. well,  he played the great role to bring the realization for CW 'bout his true feelings and who is his true love rival.

:heartxoxo:

The ending of eps.  6 is really heartbreaking. How they cry is really something. Really hoping that YS can convey her true feelings and not hide it anymore 'cause of her pride. The more she keep stubborn to follow her pride,  the more she hurting herself.

:cries:

As for JW, I know deep inside his heart he must be broken. I've been in his position long time ago.  But,  I really salute him,  evengthough he like YS too, he try to be fair with CW and make both YS and CW think again,  are their love really over toward each other?  I think JW can make a great couple,  either with his assistant, CR,  or with NJ. Hope he really find his true happiness like CW did. :please:

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

15 hours ago, TheMsChelsea91 said:

Hi everyone, new fan here. :waves:

It's been a couple of years since I last posted in a soompi forum but this drama got me back here. I just love it so much (big fan of CWS) and have been dreaming of CWS-KDM romance project since watching the witch years ago (they had chemistry even then, i know, I need help). 

Anyway, for my first post, I just want to make an appreciation post for NJ. Been reading hate posts about NJ, and while I understand, I still think NJ is a great character.

NJ is sweet, kind, respectful, humble and loyal. She doesn't seem like a brat at all and respects the people she works with, even remembering a past encounter with JW. She is readily available to help Woong, and actually gave him great advices, like how he should treat the plagiarism controversy as the price of fame. She genuinely likes his work and her conveyance of her admiration of it touched woong, even me actually, like getting sentimental over pictures of buildings. She is humble and misses simple things like tteokbokki instead of fine dining. She is loyal, coming to see Woong's live drawing goes way beyond her crush on him, she knew her presence would generate publicity and indirectly improve woong's image after the knockoff artist Noah basically went on a campaign to ruin his name. Yet, she is tactful, making it clear at least publicly that they're just friends. She clearly has a crush on him and understands his work in ways many don't but despite her fame, she had no reservations or pride to actually pursue him gradually. 

I feel that NJ is written on purpose to be the exact opposite of YS. YS bottles up her feelings while NJ goes after hers. YS lets her pride dictates her decisions, NJ lets go of hers instead. Surprisingly being famous doesn't give her the superiority complex when it comes to pursuing a guy she likes. I hope YS gets the wake up call she needs. Letting her pride get in the way will cause her to lose woong for good, she clearly still loves him. 

Hello, someone like u is me, I long for a reunion of Wooshik and Dami in a rom-com drama after watching "The Witch". I feel their undeniable chemistry even when they act like enemies in this movie lol. Our Beloved Summer has gone beyond my expectation not because it is the drama of my bias (both Choi Woo Shik and Kim Dami are my favorites), every scene has its own meaning and the story flow goes really well so far, nothing more and nothing less. I know I will cry for Choi Woong and Yeon Soo but I can't imagine that I have cried so hard for them in ep 5 and 6. Yeon Soo carries on too many burdens and Woong is so pure about the reality cos he lives in a happy family without worrying too much. To be honest, I think the break-up is a must for our two lovebirds if they long for a happy ending ever ever after. 

I agree with you that NJ has an interesting personality and sometimes totally different from Yeon Soo. She must be a wake-up call for Yeonsoo to be open to express her true feelings towards Woong. However, thinking about the burdens that Soo had to carry and the purity in Woong's thoughts when both were young, I think it is not easy for Yeonsoo to share her pains and sorrow with him. Not to mention the lines they said, I'm dying to feel the yearning in Woong's eyes and the tears holding back in Yeonsoo' eyes, Choi Woo Shik and Kim Dami are such precious actors!

Edited by solbean
  • Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

B8wLTCA.jpg

Our Beloved Summer OST Part 5

Track Listing

01. Christmas Tree  –  V

02. Christmas Tree  –  V (Inst.)

Listen / Official MV

>> cr.MOSTCONTENTS / Spotify <<

Christmas greeting from casts.

Spoiler

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images/ videos in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

A bit late this week. I cried a lot watching Ep 6. The harsh reality YS needs to bear, her short escape Woong, her emptiness after finishing successful event because there's no significant person she can share that success with. All resonates too well with me. It's like reopening a box in the corner of my heart that i already forget and revisiting those memories.

My most favorite phrases from the show :

i'm not being emotional. I'm being empathetic. Being good at your job without empathy is nothing to be proud of. Empathy is linked to intelligence.

Way to go Yeon Soo ya

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Gah, even though these latest episodes crushed my heart, the story and the main actors are just so good. Reading the WEBTOON version is interesting and insightful. It helps me understand a couple of things about the characters in the drama version. I look forward to a time when our OTP can learn and grow from the past and move forward. This time, together… they (WE) need a happy ending.

By the way, does anyone know how long these two dated before their breakup? 

Edited by haruhi17
I forgot to ask a question.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Merry Christmas OBS friends. :heartxoxo:

On 12/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, TheMsChelsea91 said:

Anyway, for my first post, I just want to make an appreciation post for NJ. Been reading hate posts about NJ, and while I understand, I still think NJ is a great character

Welcome to the OBS forum chingu. :wub:

High-5 for the two of us. I never see NJ's role as annoying yet. At least until eps6 her character is still lovable. She ain't that insisting or as in physically pursuing our Choi Ung. Her styles are still in subtle ways. Let us see in the coming episodes. 

Spoiler

I feel that NJ is written on purpose to be the exact opposite of YS. YS bottles up her feelings while NJ goes after hers. YS lets her pride dictates her decisions, NJ lets go of hers instead. Surprisingly being famous doesn't give her the superiority complex when it comes to pursuing a guy she likes. I hope YS gets the wake up call she needs. Letting her pride get in the way will cause her to lose woong for good, she clearly still loves him

Your analysis is on point. These two women are crystal clear character's opposite of each other. While YS is introvert and likes to just bottle up her own predicaments or her life in general, NJ in the other side is extrovert and open to tell what she is feeling inside her. 

Surely,these contrasts will bring challenges and realizations to both ladies. 

What I need to see in the coming episodes is to know the plot twist (love twist) about bestfriend JU and idol NJ. :getmygrooveon:

@bee_wannabe

Spoiler

My most favorite phrases from the show :

i'm not being emotional. I'm being empathetic. Being good at your job without empathy is nothing to be proud of. Empathy is linked to intelligence.

She rocked when she said this directly slapping the low EQ of Jang tinjang-nim with her emphatetic words. In this time she has shown her side that she is only showing to CU wc loved and cherished by CU so much - the valiant YS. :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, haruhi17 said:

By the way, does anyone know how long these two dated before their breakup

They dated for five years if I am not mistaken. 

The school book playlist (the documentary) happened ten years ago. They were in their 12th grade when the SBP filmed, became a couple in the end of the documentary. During university days they dated up to the last year in university (According to Yeonsu's bestfriend the last time they (Yeunsu, Bff and Choi Ung) saw each other was graduation day. She stated this the last time they gathered in her restaurant. I think the couple has broken up already nearing to graduation).

Then Yeonsu and halmoni paid the debt of the family, returned to their old house and neighborhood so from time to time CU and YS could bump with each other.

So five years dating plus five years without any contact.

At present time they are now doing again the documentary. 

I got dizzy with the timeline. Hahaha!!! 

:crazymad:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Sakurafairy thank you so much! Yeah, I get dizzy too with the timeline. Lol :D

Oh, yeah, not sure if it’s the same for you guys, my fellow OBS fans / fandom, are the English subtitles missing for certain Korean written texts like the questions asked to YS during the Live Drawing? I think I need to Google Translate this… lol :D

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, haruhi17 said:

@Sakurafairy thank you so much! Yeah, I get dizzy too with the timeline. Lol :D

Oh, yeah, not sure if it’s the same for you guys, my fellow OBS fans / fandom, are the English subtitles missing for certain Korean written texts like the questions asked to YS during the Live Drawing? I think I need to Google Translate this… lol :D

Well what I know is if it is on Netflix the trans is better but if it is on the other site which I will choose not to mention here since it is illegal there are really missing or inexact translations. 

Which scenes exactly in YS interview do you wanna know the trans/sub? 

• Like 2

@Sakurafairy  Whoa:blink:… I forgot about those illegal sites:( , but yeah, I watched OBS in Netflix. :)

They were questions that was asked of YS for the interview for the documentary (JW and his cameraman were there). But instead of JW asking, his questions were written on the screen but there was no translation (on my end, there wasn’t any. I don’t know why even though I was watching via Netflix). It was in Episode 6.  During this time, CW was still doing the live drawing. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

While I initially watched episode 6 on my ipad, I just finished it on the big screen and OMG, the scene on the couch was already incredible, but I missed a small detail when watching on my ipad that jumped out on the big screen - when he looks up at her and says ... "I'm in so much pain"...  he's starting to cry - I had completely missed that the first time through.

:huh::unsure::tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hi, it has been a while since my last posting in Soompi. I just want to say how much I appreciate this drama. The casts are awesome and their acting is on point. CWS and KDM are downright talented and I am glad they play the OTP. The story premise is cliche but the plot is realistic that I can relate to it. Hopefully the story line will get better and better and no antagonist characters will emerge either from JW and NJ.

I am loving that the drama manages to show different perspectives from the leads that makes me sympathize with both of them. I just want CW to take things more serious and YS to open up her heart in more episodes to come. 

Edited by atie0111
  • Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, atie0111 said:

Hi, it has been a while since my last posting in Soompi. I just want to say how much I appreciate this drama. The casts are awesome and their acting is on point. CWS and KDM are downright talented and I am glad they play the OTP. The story premise is cliche but the plot is realistic that I can relate to it. Hopefully the story line will get better and better and no antagonist characters will emerge either from JW and NJ.

I am loving that the drama manages to show different perspectives from the leads that makes me sympathize with both of them. I just want CW to take things more serious and YS to open up her heart in more episodes to come. 

Welcome to OBS Soompi forum chingu. We are glad that this drama that we love to watch is the reason you posted again. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

Coming here after watching the pre-released clip for Ep 7. And you could see the look of disappointment on Woong's face at Ys's (fake) nonchalance of their break up.:sad1: Woong was probably looking for some truth from YS but alas, her pride (understandably) gets in the way. 

Perhaps this would be the final straw (for now) for Woong hoping for some kind of closure/honesty from YS as NJ is coming in to complete the love triangle as awaited from the start. Can't say I'm that sad for YS, though. Clearly Woong hasn't let go completely of their relationship (neither has YS but she's good at masking it), so a good distraction is needed for him to reassess his feelings. 

Can't wait for ep 7 :piggydance:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They are In such a crazy world of their own. It’s as if whether they are together or have broken up they still live in a bubble together. Woong did not understand that the idol Likes him even though she’s so straightforward and open about it. the female lead can’t understand that the second lead (can we call him that?) likes her though he also seems obvious. They only communicate, miscommunicate and ignore each other. They run from each other and still want to talk to each other only and then somehow they land up meeting each other also. It’s as if other people and rest of the world don’t exist. To have a love like that is exceptional. But the issue is that it’s all consuming and drains every bit of their being with both enormous joy and deep regrets. It’s even more strange that they are almost robotic with other people and yet have such intense feelings for each other. Where is this story gonna end. Interesting and very intricately written so far. Hope it continues to be so. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1