[Drama 2021 - 2022] Our Beloved Summer ⏯️ 그 해 우리는

Maetawinz

So far so good. I think the male leads story has been well developed so far and we know why is he the way he is. 

for the female lead i think we still don’t fully know her. The story telling is purposely hiding her away. When she came home and cried in the flashback I agree it was suddenly clear to me that grandma might be an illusion. 

for the Pd the story with the assistant is really very similar to Hometown Cha Cha. it’s interesting at times but then seems boring cause of the repetition. Having said that his character also has not been completely revealed yet. I think he’s been jealous or insecure of the male lead all along but he’s not a negative character and has his own reasons for seeking love and attention. Also he did always like the female lead which is becoming quite clear now. I think they have purposely not given the reason why he is remaking the story also. Is it because he realises that they can be happy with only each other? Or did he unknowingly/knowingly drive them apart and feels guilty? 

How we deal with an Ex and whether we should  get back with an Ex varies a lot from person to person. This topic has so many different views and opinions. But everyone’s opinion is almost passionate and extreme when they talk about this topic. Also a break up doesn’t just end the relationship it’s a dissection of sorts in your head of the good stuff bad stuff but majorly how you were at that point of your life. You may curse the other person all you want. But it lays you bare in front of yourself. Like the female lead looking at herself in the mirror crying. You can’t work on the relationship post a break up cause it’s over but your work on yourself only just begins. It’s a process one we can’t usually expedite.

Also the nerves that are touched while meeting an Ex again can be very raw for many many people. It’s too many emotions that mix up  and are handled differently by everyone and sometimes it’s a live wire no one knows not even them selves how they will react. You can see that in both their behaviour. Them saying stuff they didn’t mean to. 

it’s an interesting series. They have decided to deal with very raw human emotions. How they handle the emotions is the key. Either they will handle the series well or it’s gonna be a messed up one that feels like a toxic relationship. It can go either way. I hope they direct and handle the topic well and it’s worth our time. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

I am loving this show so far! Ex first loves stories always gets me. CWS alternates between immature cutie and hurt hottie which can be disconcerting at times but I find myself rooting for him. So far the chemistry and story is working for me.

I wish they would give the 2nd male lead personality/ more to do besides observing (as he videos them). 

One thing I don’t like is the love polygon that seem to be forming besides the 4 main leads + Mr Jang. Lee Jung Hyuk is wasted here!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ohsh said:

I am loving this show so far! Ex first loves stories always gets me. CWS alternates between immature cutie and hurt hottie which can be disconcerting at times but I find myself rooting for him. So far the chemistry and story is working for me.

I wish they would give the 2nd male lead personality/ more to do besides observing (as he videos them). 

One thing I don’t like is the love polygon that seem to be forming besides the 4 main leads + Mr Jang. Lee Jung Hyuk is wasted here!

I don't like Mr. Jang. He just makes the things between KYS and CU more complicated. Why he recruits nua too?! :notsureifserious:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hey chingus! Does anyone know what's the name of the song from ep 3 where CU is lying on the floor, just after the scene from the past,

Spoiler

when she told him he's the only thing she can throw away?

I've been trying to find it since I watched the episode and I can't - I love it and want to listen to it on repeat <3.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 3

Maybe you are interested in reading the manga of OBS. The link is down below. 

Screenshot-2021-1216-100116.jpg

https://m.manganelo.com/manga-mn127459

On 12/15/2021 at 12:40 AM, Rivai Usman said:

Watching ep 4 was really hurtful :crybaby:

i hope in the next eps they can talk to each other 'bout their true feelings and the reasons of their breaking up :tears:

Omy, have not watched it yet. I want a quiet time when I watch it so I can savor every scene. Hahaha! 

On 12/15/2021 at 6:22 AM, Raynaa said:

for the female lead i think we still don’t fully know her. The story telling is purposely hiding her away. When she came home and cried in the flashback I agree it was suddenly clear to me that grandma might be an illusion. 

I have thought about the grandma illusion theory too but other narratives have been also hanging in my mind wc #2 maybe halmoni has an illness also. 

We will cement that theory after a few more episodes. :P

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Done with Episode 4

IMG-20211216-152857.jpg

Let me rant first (if the script in 5th and 6th eps will really go like the battle of the artists) --- :rage: how unprofessional this Jang tinjang-nim for not informing first the advertising agency who is handled by KYS so they can also inform the changes to artist Koo that it won't be a solo live show but a collaboration.

IRL that won't be plausible at all. If this like happens in real life it will just show how UNPROFESSIONAL this people are. There is always a binding contract that is ironing everything between the two parties. 

---end of rant---

So this episode is about their versions of love story connecting to who they liked then/how they ended up liking each other. I think I totally understood why two people have always different versions of stories even they were in the same place and at the same time because it is how they perceived the situations and how deep is their emotional attachment to the the person involved and how they wanted to reveal things.

Same goes with UngSeo. Back then, CU has a deeper feeling for YS while YS is still in the process of admitting or denying the feeling for CU but it is already there.

Anndd CU pecked YS.:cries3: Whoa, I can't believe that in the kind of personality of CU he would kiss YS that fast. Since YS accepted it so the relationship started. 

Ep4 has given us another twist of plot. So we'll expect the artists battle between Koo and Nua in eps5-6. Another relationship to unveil. What kind of relationship they had in the past to be at each other's throat? 

Halmoni didn't show up in this episode. She might really be an ILLUSION?  [If this the case KYS has mental illness, whoaaa, another twist :isannoyed:

of events] 

This episode is titled 'The Boy, or the Girl, We Liked Then' --- that's why I love this drama aside from because of the leads but also because I am a sucker of youth cum slice-of-life themed dramas. I love the script of exploring the past life and connecting it to the present. 

A question --- Who among us don't have any boy or girl that we liked then? I guess everyone of us has one. Reminiscing those memories while watching this drama is just so awesome. It feels good to feel being in love again.:partyblob:

13 hours ago, Brennster said:

I've been trying to find it since I watched the episode and I can't - I love it and want to listen to it on repea

This scene was when they broke up along the street. - the song has not released yet. They just used it as bgm. 

OBS OST:wub:

I love the song 'Maybe If' by BiBi. English lyrics below. JUST BY LISTENING TO THIS SONG MY HEART HURTs FOR UngSoo. :criesariver:What a pitiful break up. Wae,Yeon-su ,wae?

Spoiler

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Maybe If I

Woke up in the morning

Hearing your voice

May If I was with you

Maybe, If we spent our diffcult days together

what would we have been?

The distance between you and me
It never seems to disappear
You and your words were frozen on me

Let’s say, by chance
If we meet again,
If I were to do something for you,
Will it changes a little,

For the reason we had to break up
I would try try try
Can I hug you?

If I open my eyes, will you be standing?
I imagined it one day
Something you’ve never told me

If I open my eyes, will you be standing?
I imagined it one day
Something you’ve never told me

I’m just happy because it’s from you oh
Tell me whenever
I’ll be wherever you are

Only if you come

https://kgasa.com/bibi-maybe-if/

• Like 4

OBS Ep3 Recap

https://dmtalkies.com/our-beloved-summer-episode-3-recap-ending/

On 12/15/2021 at 4:23 PM, Rivai Usman said:

I don't like Mr. Jang. He just makes the things between KYS and CU more complicated. Why he recruits nua too?! :notsureifserious:

Exactly! He is so unprofessional to the nth degree (if he really recruited Nua for the live show).

However, the bright side is the feelings of these two drama king and queen will be put to test because of leader Jang.  

On 12/15/2021 at 6:22 AM, Raynaa said:

I think they have purposely not given the reason why he is remaking the story also. Is it because he realises that they can be happy with only each other? Or did he unknowingly/knowingly drive them apart and feels guilty? 

Well in the professional / business side the purpose has been stated. Since the School Book Playlist (the documentary name wc I caught while watching ep4) wc ended ten years ago is trending again so the network wanted to grasp the chance of the apparent popularity. As per the comments they have reading, the old PD said the viewers wanted to know how the two silly characters in the SBP are faring now. 

For personal reason, the old PD said to Ji-yeong how he was naturally happy when he was a teenager while at present time the work loads gave him so many pressures that even his colleagues didn't want to work with him because of his work attitude but since he is good with his job he keeps on receiving projects. 

So I think given these reasons the project has given a purpose why it should  have a spin-off. Although this is a spin-off, as the lead PD and asst PD were discussing both didn't know yet what theme they would use to weave the present documentary wc happened in ep4 because the scenes they shot were all not usable. Lol! 

• Like 4

I wonder if the grandmother is a reflection of the female leads mental state. When she fought with the male lead the grandmother also had fought with her best friend when she met the male lead again and all

was okay on the surface atleast after she came home the grandmother was playing cards with her friend. 

oh my god if they are gonna make this sad by showing the female lead having some major mental disorder and the male lead being the only one who can take care of her I’m gonna cry cry. Please Writernim be kind it’s December and festive season don’t make us cry. 

Also I like the idol singers character. I can almost ship Choi Woo Shik with her cause she’s happier, open, warm and loving. Also she’s alert and smart and can read the room. So refreshing and different from the stereo typical air headed catty Idol singer characters. She would actually be a light in his bleak life.

But then Choi Wo Shik and the female lead have too much history. It’s not just the time spent together, their lives and souls are entwined in some way. They are that couple who are together in their head even when they are apart. So far they have just stopped short of making the relationship toxic. The bond they share is so far written and enacted as a beautiful and undeniable one and not really possible to attain again with another person. So him ending up with the idol will be disservice to  the idols character too. Again hoping the male and female lead land up happily together and it’s not sad in any way, no mental disorders, no sad ending.

Arghhh watching ongoing shows is so much anxiety. But can’t wait for them to end and watch later either!!

Also on a side note V’s voice and Choi Woo Shik’s drawing visuals ♥️♥️♥️

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

39 minutes ago, Raynaa said:

Also I like the idol singers character. I can almost ship Choi Woo Shik with her cause she’s happier, open, warm and loving. Also she’s alert and smart and can read the room. So refreshing and different from the stereo typical air headed catty Idol singer characters. She would actually be a light in his bleak life.

Yes!!! I actually really love the idol singer right now. She so far seems to have a lot of depth to her, she is happy and so confident, but she seems sad and lonely under it all.

This show really caught me by surprise with how touching it is.

• Like 4
  • Love 1