[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

After episode 6, I'm wondering about the romance and the couples that we'll have by the end:

- Is it Jun Ho + Young Woo a possibility? He doesn't seem taken aback by her disability. But I wonder if they will be compatible. Young Woo seems to avoid physical contact. And as she herself said, she lives in a "world of one", only by herself and letting other people in might be difficult.

- Su Yeon + ?? I like their mentor sunbae for her. He seems to be a sweet and thoughtful guy, and quite handsome and stylish too ;)  She deserves at least that much, she's too adorable to be paired with some insensitive brat.

- Lawyer Kwon... He's being an idiot so far, so I don't mind if he's left out of any pairings. Young Woo's friend deserves better. Although I see how their personalities might be a good match.

- Young Woo's parents. I think they will be back together and the mother will try to redeem herself.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Vega Lyra said:

After episode 6, I'm wondering about the romance and the couples that we'll have by the end:

- Is it Jun Ho + Young Woo a possibility? He doesn't seem taken aback by her disability. But I wonder if they will be compatible. Young Woo seems to avoid physical contact. And as she herself said, she lives in a "world of one", only by herself and letting other people in might be difficult.-

Physical touch is a sensory challenge for some with autism.When done at their terms they deal with it pretty well. Desensetizing programs are often used to build tolerance.At times the process has to be repeated for each person an autist comes in contact with if they have severe sensory issues with regard to touching people.Unfavorable experiences also bring additional issues to this.I had worked with a person who was so traumatized with people teaching her to do things with hand over hand method that human hand contact was very troublesome for her.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

this tweet seems to explain the reason why WYW is aired on ena. as i've suspected, the project is funded by kt (kt genie studio) which also runs ena! as most k-viewers are more pleased that the drama is not aired on sbs due to all the advertisements sbs enforces the production to do. remember on one the woman, there were all these ginseng, facial mist they promoted there! it was hilarious and equally annoying!

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

14 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Physical touch is a sensory challenge for some with autism.When done at their terms they deal with it pretty well. Desensetizing programs are often used to build tolerance.At times the process has to be repeated for each person an autist comes in contact with if they have severe sensory issues with regard to touching people.Unfavorable experiences also bring additional issues to this.I had worked with a person who was so traumatized with people teaching her to do things with hand over hand method that human hand contact was very troublesome for her.

Yes, this is so true, I always ask my little cousin can I have a hug, I let him chose that way I am not pushing it on him. I let it be on his terms.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I caught up on all 6 episodes during the last 2 days.

:highonflowers:

Am liking it, but the depiction of an autistic person is not fully accurate in the FL's case. She's overdoing it.

The story is heartwarming so will continue to watch it. :kiss_wink:

16 hours ago, Vega Lyra said:

Young Woo seems to avoid physical contact. And as she herself said, she lives in a "world of one", only by herself and letting other people in might be difficult.

Yes, it's totally possible for her and Jun Ho to fall in love and start a relationship. While autistic people generally dislike physical contact, a lot (or even most of them) are happy with physical contact with people they feel comfortable with.

16 hours ago, Vega Lyra said:

- Lawyer Kwon... He's being an idiot so far, so I don't mind if he's left out of any pairings.

He's blinded by his ambition, but I have faith he's going to develop as a human being in the following episodes.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Is he attorney woos brother?! Please don’t let it turn out JH is the son of the CEO

Could be for all I know. They're teasing at least one birth secret here, making it seem like Attorney Woo is the daughter of the CEO of Taesan.

At first I thought that Jun Ho was her son, but who knows where they're going with this story.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

43 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes, it's totally possible for her and Jun Ho to fall in love and start a relationship. While autistic people generally dislike physical contact, a lot (or even most of them) are happy with physical contact with people they feel comfortable with.

Then there is hope for Jun Ho and Young Woo, haha!! :lol: I don´t know any autistic person and I'm not familiar with their problems for socializing. Not sure if they are interested in having a partner or if they are able to provide the partner with sufficient feedback and demonstrations of love, so the partner doesn't get frustrated in the long term... Good to know that the series is not being too unrealistic about autistic behaviour.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just watched the last two episodes and both were great. I am also very happy with the one case per one episode without any drags. The social commentary for both episodes were very strong too. The fine line between practicing law for profit vs making positive impact etc. I love the slow romance that is being set up too - it feels perfect re pace and characters. It also seem we have found YWY’s mother too.

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Extraordinary Attorney Woo OST part 1

Kim Jong Wan(김종완 of Nell) - Brave(용기)

Extraordinary Attorney Woo OST part 2

선우정아(Sunwoojunga) - 상상 (Beyond My Dreams)

• Like 5

Extraordinary Attorney Woo: Episodes 5-6

by Unit

ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo5-00004.jpg

This week, our heroine learns that she has a competitive side to her, and she’s prone to making mistakes. But the good thing is that she always learns from her mistakes and in reflection, strives to be better. But then, being competitive might not necessarily be a bad thing as it also shows that she cares about her clients, and she is willing to go to major lengths to ensure that they win, especially when it’s for a good cause.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

Min-woo’s bias against Young-woo carries on to this week, and until the last minute, it “slips his mind” to inform her that they have been jointly assigned to work on a case. Their client is suing a rival company for stealing their ATM technology, and it makes for a very interesting case as the lawyers assigned to it are also rivals. Min-woo and Young-woo are both on a one-year contract with Hanbada, and the race is on to see whose contract gets renewed. So although they’re both on the case, Min-woo has no intention of sharing the spotlight with Young-woo.

At the first court appearance, the opposing lawyer argues that the technology already exists and a third company was the first to use it in the Korean market – although this company has now folded. But Hanbada’s client insists that the technology is theirs, and it’s difficult to prove who is right.

Young-woo is not convinced that their client is telling the truth, just as she can’t tell if Geu-ra-mi is being truthful when she tells Young-woo that Jun-ho likes her. But it’s obviously true, considering Jun-ho’s semi-aggressive style of playing basketball with his roommate, Min-woo, when he discovers Min-woo’s dismal treatment of Young-woo on the case. Heh.

To help Young-woo spot the difference between lies and truth, Jun-ho offers to play the role of their client and says she should ask him some questions. But Young-woo’s first question is the Geu-ra-mi inspired “Does Lee Jun-ho like Woo Young-woo?” Lol. Jun-ho is taken aback, but he manages to diffuse the tension by saying the question may be a bit difficult for “the client” to answer. Aish! Hiding behind a character to avoid answering a very obvious question? That’s definitely one of the cons of roleplay!

As a plan B, Young-woo is armed with the theory of detecting lies through body language; from unstable eyebrows, to quivers of the hands and legs. But when they arrive at the client’s factory, they find out he got into an accident and now has injuries on those three body parts! Lol. All hope is not lost though, as his R&D manager visibly exhibits all the telltale signs of lying when Young-woo questions him about the technology.

To substantiate their claim, Young-woo coaches the R&D manager to become a reference witness. And as a former theater actor, the manager puts up such a spectacular show in court, that even I’m almost convinced that the technology is really theirs. Thus, the court issues an injunction against the rival company, preventing them from selling their products.

The rival company eventually finds an ATM from the defunct company which proves that the technology already existed before Hanbada’s client “developed” theirs. Unfortunately, Hanbada’s client already won supply contracts with all the banks while the injunction was on, so the eventual cancellation of the injunction doesn’t affect them. And Young-woo belatedly realizes that this was their plan all along.

In retrospect, Young-woo admits that although she knew the truth – something Min-woo also pointed out earlier – she turned a blind eye to it because she wanted to win. And as it dawns on her that she had chosen competence over her honor as an attorney, shame washes over her.

This drama keeps surprising me in the best possible ways, because it’s so easy to make Young-woo a kind of moral compass who does no wrong. But here we see her as a flawed character who also makes mistakes. I really liked that it was at the moment when Young-woo was trying to prove that Min-woo is a tactician, that she realized that she’s not so different herself. Who knew her rival could come in handy as a mirror of self reflection?

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/07/extraordinary-attorney-woo-episodes-5-6/

• Like 4

Actress Kim Hye-soo supported 'Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin.

image_readtop_2022_621472_16577769765107

On the July14th, Kim Hye-soo posted a photo captured from an article titled "Wooyoung-Woo didn't just come out, Park Eun-bin's '24 Years of Youth'" on her own Instagram without any comments.

The life of actress Park Eun-bin for more than 24 years, since her debut in the movie 'White Night 3.98' in 1998, and the recent ENA drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' (here after 'Woo Young-woo') was introduced. Park Eun-bin debuted as her child actress, and she has shown her wide range of performances in various works including historical dramas, modern plays, and movies.

Park Eun-bin, who has built up her acting skills step by step, is receiving a lot of love for her perfect role as a lawyer with autism spectrum disorder in 'Woo Young-woo', which has been gaining popularity at the syndrome level.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/07/621472/

Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo, differentiated from 10 million movies... The virtue of simplicity"

NISI20220708_0001037280_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Writer Yoo-seok Moon, a former judge, praised 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'. Writer Moon wrote on Facebook on the 16th, "The virtue of the strange lawyer Young-Woo Woo is its simplicity." "After the long line of God's moving 'You're the sunshine 'Choi Su-yeon' (Ha Yoon-kyung), Soo-yeon doesn't say anything. She struggles to hold back her tears and captures the overwhelming emotions.As the drama restrains her emotions, the emotions of the viewers are heightened."

"Attorney Jeong Myung-seok (Kang Ki-young), who was harshly criticized by a fellow partner in front of new recruits for throwing away his law firm job by calling him a witness in a public interest lawsuit and offending a billion-dollar client. He never raises his voice and never argues with a colleague. After convincing the newcomers to stop because they know it, he tells the newcomers that she is right. Because he is a partner at a large law firm. Then he hesitates and adds, 'Still, let's not think of that as a public interest lawsuit or a North Korean defector case. let's work hard.' Then I get up and say I have to go first.”

Writer Moon said, "I admire this scene. Lawyers are still the weak!! They don't give impressive speeches by saying what to do. How can you call it a public interest lawsuit?! He doesn't even make cool comments." He said, "It's not like the billion-dollar incident, but we're still working hard. That's why it's so touching. It's because it's the minimum goodwill that a real office worker can have. More empathy and trust go," he explained. "It seems that this simplicity and restraint, which differentiates it from the sensibility of the many 10 million films, is rather gaining sympathy." He said, "The sensibility of content consumers has already changed, so producers, please let go of the obsession."

On the 3rd, writer Moon also mentioned 'decision to break up' (director Park Chan-wook) and strange lawyer Woo Young-woo, saying, "I was happy to see a good movie or drama after a long time." "Strange lawyer Woo Young-woo is lovely and lovable. Long live Park Eun-bin." He said, "I thought he was a geek, but surprisingly, the character of a law firm boss who honestly admits his mistake and apologizes is also very lovely. I think it's because it's rare in reality. It's a nice and good story, but it's obsessive The details are alive without being immersed in the enemy PC. I am looking forward to it.”

Writer Moon passed the bar exam in 1994 and served as the chief judge of the Seoul District Court (2018-2020). He has written dramas such as 'Miss Hammurabi' (2018) and 'Devil Judge' (2021).

https://mobile.newsis.com/view.html?ar_id=NISX20220717_0001945781

Spoiler

Writer Moon Yoo-seok, who was a former chief judge and who wrote the scripts for the dramas 'Miss Hammurabi' and 'Devil Judge', cited simplicity as the secret to the popularity of the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'.

image_readtop_2022_628401_16580211035110

On the 15th, writer Yu-seok Moon explained a scene from episode 6 of 'If I Was a Whale' on his Facebook page on the 15th, saying that the virtue of the ENA drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' is its simplicity. It is a scene where lawyer Jeong Myung-seok (Kang Ki-young) is scolded by a fellow lawyer in front of new recruits, saying that he has lost a billion-dollar client because he offended the doctor who called him as a witness in a public interest lawsuit.

Regarding this, writer Moon Yoo-seok said, “Attorney Jeong Myung-seok never raises his voice and never argues with his colleague. After she convinces her to stop because she just knew, she tells the newbies that it's her fault. It is a large law firm partner. Even hesitating to add. 'Still, let's not think that way about the public interest lawsuit and the North Korean defector case. Well, it's not like a billion-dollar case... but let's work hard'. Then I got up and got up saying I had to go first.”

He continued, "I'm very impressed with this scene. 'A lawyer is still the weak!' He doesn't get angry saying, 'How can you call it a public interest lawsuit!' She doesn't even say nice comments to her juniors, saying, "I work as hard as a billion-dollar case." It's not like the billions of incidents..., but we'll keep working hard. so it's more clunky This is because it is the minimum goodwill that an actual office worker can have. I am more empathetic and trustworthy.”

In addition, writer Moon said, "This simplicity and restraint, which differentiates it from the sensibility of the many 10 million films, seems to be gaining more sympathy." "The sensibility of content consumers has already changed.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/07/628401/

I agree with writer Moon that this is a good drama. I like the interaction of the characters and I love Young-Woo. Park Eun-bin is doing a good job portraying the role as always.

• Like 4

The ENA channel Wed-Thu drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' team will have its finale on the July15th.

20220715170551_1776722_1200_1200.jpg

According to Maeil Business Star Today on the 15th, the main actors Park Eun-bin, Kang Ki-young, Kang Tae-oh, and the production team of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' will hold their final show at a restaurant somewhere in Seoul on the same day. The final banquet will be held privately with only a small number of people gathering in the aftermath of the re-spread of COVID-19.

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' started filming in November last year and finished filming yesterday (14th). At the end of the year, they will praise the hard work and celebrate the achievement that far exceeded the target audience rating of 3%.

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-Woo' is a work depicting the survival of Woo Young-Woo (Park Eun-Bin), a new lawyer with a genius brain and autism spectrum at the same time, at a large law firm. Episode 6, aired on the 14th, recorded 9.4% (based on Nielsen Korea nationwide pay TV households), proving its popularity.

Meanwhile, 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' airs every Wednesday and Thursday. It will also be released on seezn and Netflix.

https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/2154165

• Like 4

Hi everyone  i have been away fo a while 

It not like i didnt watch dramas but it more like i didint find it so much interesting  to watch it live or write about 

Lately  i fond good muilty drama  but still didnt fell the need to write about them maybe cause i know there so much points in these those drama  that if they didnt ro it rights  thsi drama at some point going to turn to big mess ( i had enough  of that already) 

But there this one drama  that i am enjoying  , that i wait for each episode  with warm heart and smile on my face 

This drama  that i dont think they going to mess up later and it this drama  

I am really having fun, it simple but deep, warm and soft but not stupid  . I can see the good writing  and the investigate  in each characters  i am looking forward  for their  slowly  development  cause i can see it with each moment abd each cases 

I just have to write about it , it bring me to lice live streaming  without fear , it make me watch without thinking about the worst  that going to happened  wheb they lose the good written start in the middle  

Written  a story should be like this drama, where i am not writing  for fab service  or wild and greedy writer  who want to bring so much unfit crazy ideals  together  to make it more interesting  

Written  a characters is bringing  them to life and making them go through  the humanity  logic progress and here i see it a good understanding  of bringing  a characters to  life , good actors who give soul to this character make me see them in their characters  not their own stars charms and a good direction that make the visual living in my heart 

I will come back to read everyone  posts and i wilm come back to write about it , i have to say i know most of that actors  from previous  works and they success  make me forget  about the realy them and live with the characters  they play 

A masterpiece  that should make others writers and producers  remember  how drama should be 

Spoiler

And yeh i am watching other like alchemy  of souls   it good but i am not going  to invest  to much on it till it finished i know the hong sisters  and i am already  know where their script  is going to do and how the storyline  going to progress  , i was never wrong about them , i want to be wrong this time  since it great drama and great casts but i already  see what the storyline  hints to future  and i dont like it 

So i will wait to enjoy it without  feeling disappoint or angery , just watching for the great cast  and their good work and the good idea of the drama  no matter how it going to be 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

On 7/16/2022 at 11:53 AM, partyon said:

Could be for all I know. They're teasing at least one birth secret here, making it seem like Attorney Woo is the daughter of the CEO of Taesan.

At first I thought that Jun Ho was her son, but who knows where they're going with this story.

I dont think they going to trun brother  jun ho is older from woo as the characters  describe , woo father also older then CEO  of taesan and he had woo when he was still in college  so i double  if the CEO  of taeson is woo mother that she had three years  older son in that age

so no they properly  not even half siblings  the only think that make senses that if he her step brother from her mother husband  but that not proplem  

I am interested in jun ho more the the real mother of woo, they hinted  he from a good family maybe rich since his friend's  from college  easy  assumed  he living in that building ( where the CEO of pharmacy company  living) he also did time time volunteer , he a really mystery  i dont think he bad or have a hidden face and i know he really nice guy and his feeling  for woo is true but i think we will have to watch his backup  story to understanding  him for now we really love him but know little about him 

On 7/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, Vega Lyra said:

Then there is hope for Jun Ho and Young Woo, haha!! :lol: I don´t know any autistic person and I'm not familiar with their problems for socializing. Not sure if they are interested in having a partner or if they are able to provide the partner with sufficient feedback and demonstrations of love, so the partner doesn't get frustrated in the long term... Good to know that the series is not being too unrealistic about autistic behaviour.

Yeh there a lot of hope austistic is much bigger and have all kind and different  ranks then what most of person  know , yeh there cause where it impossible  for them to grow up or to be normal around even there own family so it hard to fo that in love interesting  but there more other kinds where they can live almost normally  have there own family and even be responsible  for themselves  even when they not very smart 

Woo young is successful case , she can connected  with her father, she could even choice abd have friends on her own and she choice  to get close to them, she tes like others have problems  with touching  and all but that dont mean she cant do it; it just need more time to make her comfortable  with jun ho and to do it with steps on her own speed and wishes 

I know a real  cases where it happen,  but it need a lot of love and understanding to make family like this ,things that we found rare  now and hard to believe  on it cause we all see the dark sides of human   now bigger then to believe  of good people, real love and normal to not ask for better  choice when we talk about love and marry

Sadly, we people more education  bunt get less understanding  and accepting for others, like jun ho friends  who didn't  even think woo young is a choice when he think who the popular  jun ho like ( he jerk but sadly he think like most of people  now) 

• Love 1
  • Blob 3