[Drama 2023] Our Blooming Youth ♚ 청춘월담

Maetawinz

Surprise the queen turned out to be the main villain.  
Finally Sung On learned Jae Yi was Hawn’s eunuch.   He said Jae Yi ought to return to him as his dutiful wife, but he’s a considerate man and wouldn’t force anybody to do something against their own will.  

Jae Yi's confession

• Like 2

Spoiler

Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Share Closing Comments Ahead Of “Our Blooming Youth” Finale

Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, And More Share Closing Comments Ahead Of “Our Blooming Youth” Finale

The cast of “Our Blooming Youth” has bid farewell to the drama!

“Our Blooming Youth” tells the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik stars as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee plays Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

With only one episode left before the drama ends, cast members Park Hyung Sik, Jeon So Nee, Pyo Ye Jin, Yoon Jong Seok, and Lee Tae Sun have shared their gratitude to viewers and shared their closing remarks.

First, Park Hyung Sik, who shows both kindness and charisma as the cursed Crown Prince Lee Hwan, commented, “Memories from almost a year of filming [the drama] come back to mind. I was happy to be able to live as Lee Hwan. Through Lee Hwan, I was able to grow as an actor and as a person. I sincerely want to thank the viewers who cry, laugh, and stay together with us until the final episode.”

Jeon So Nee, who plays Min Jae Yi, remarked, “I was happy to be able to build a close relationship with the actors and staff through playing Min Jae Yi and Go Soon Dol. I really liked the experience of living in the Joseon [period]. I would like to thank the viewers who watch til the end despite the story having complicated incidents and relationships.”

Park-Hyung-Sik1.jpeg

Jeon-So-Nee1.jpeg

Pyo Ye Jin shared her closing remarks while recalling back to her memories of playing Jang Ga Ram, saying, “I put a lot of effort to show viewers what a lovely and wonderful person Jang Ga Ram is because I care so much for the character. Thank you for supporting both Jang Ga Ram and ‘Our Blooming Youth.’ I think this [drama] will remain in my mind for a long time as a project that contains good memories with great friends.”

Yoon Jong Seok commented that he learned valuable lessons from playing the role of Lee Hwan’s best friend Han Sung On, someone who has everything but could not win the heart of Min Jae Yi. Yoon Jong Seok added, “As an actor, I was happy to play such a good character and do so alongside good people. Thanks to [this drama], I was able to grow a bit more. In the future too, I will continue to be an actor who meets you through good projects.”

Spoiler

Pyo-Ye-Jin1.jpeg

Yoon-Jong-Seok.jpeg

Finally, Lee Tae Sun, who adds life to the drama through his eccentric and playful character Kim Myung Jin, remarked, “Through meeting and becoming Kim Myung Jin, I, Lee Tae Sun, was able to become a little brighter and a little purer as a person. I am grateful and would like to thank everyone who has been with us for such a long time [during the drama’s airing] and to the viewers who give lots of love to ‘Our Blooming Youth.’ This was ‘Gom [Bear] Myung Jin,’ Lee Tae Sun signing off.”

Spoiler

Lee-Tae-Sun1.jpeg

The final episode of “Our Blooming Youth” airs on April 11 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579042wpp/park-hyung-sik-jeon-so-nee-and-more-share-closing-comments-ahead-of-our-blooming-youth-finale

• Like 2

@booha  @rocher22  I am shocked to know the Queen killed CP Hwan's wife to be.

Why ?.... coming back to the ghost letter that CP Hwan received, could it be from the Queen.

She is so evil to the extend of handing over the letter to Sergeant Han which reveals Min Yae Yi is Eunuch Go..

Finally, Sergeant Han revealed to Eunuch Go that he knows she is Min Yae Yi and no doubt he  knows CP Hwan "might" have some feelings towards to Yae Yi, he leave it to the hands of CP Hwan  to decide. 

@booha  I have not watch Ep 19, do you think CP Hwan will accept Yae Ji confession and  if he does, will the King throws him out of the palace and detrone him. If this happened, Right State  Minister will be very happy to place Grand Prince as the next Crown Prince.

Kang's twin brother wants to take along Kang back home with him, but I know the good Kang  will not follow his evil brother..and I'm afraid one of them will get killed.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 11 :).

“Oasis” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Our Blooming Youth” Continues Steady Ahead Of Series Finale

“Oasis” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Our Blooming Youth” Continues Steady Ahead Of Series Finale

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth,” which airs its final episode on April 11, scored 3.7 percent for its second to last episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579222wpp/oasis-remains-no-1-in-ratings-our-blooming-youth-continues-steady-ahead-of-series-finale

• Like 1

ep 19

The boy left the note with the name of the village... Lord Cho was happy but then in a moment he realized 

who  the woman from Song family was..  I like it.. that was dramatic...

That was a good plan... Im glad the King participated too....

Liked the scene between Han and the CP in the palace courtyard.

• Like 2

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2023] Our Blooming Youth ♚ 청춘월담

Here are the ratings for Episode 12 * Last episode* :).

“Our Blooming Youth” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run

“Our Blooming Youth” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” went out on a high note!

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” jumped to an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.9 percent. This is a 1.2 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 3.7 percent, wrapping up its 20-episodes-long series as No. 1 in its time slot among cable dramas.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1579498wpp/our-blooming-youth-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-run

• Like 1

@Thong Thin

I wondered how the end would be like for everybody but the writer injected a modern flavor for the finale which made a neat and pleasing end.   :blush:
The king is ill with lovesickness and all his underlings think there is only own solution which is for the king to marry Jae Yi at once.  The king must be well for the wellbeing of the nation and people. lol
Myung Jin & Ga Ram have a bit of an unorthodox way to be together.  GR is a commoner with a record of being an ex-slave, so a logical option is MJ to lose his family title and become a commoner.  
For Sung On & Princess, she just gets the edict from the king and marries Sung On. He will not dare to say no to King’s edict.  Haha As Tae Gang said ‘He should be honored.’ Poor Sung On  But I have no doubt they will be happy together since that’s how the writer wants it which is a complete happy ending.

[M/V] Park Hyung Sik - ‘Bud’ (몽우리) :: OurBloomingYouth OST Part.5

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

it was nice the first kiss happened in the yard of her house...  :fullofhearts:

FtfvCmQagAAKY77?format=jpg&name=small

the Governor's letter scene was so hilarious... 

The princess - '' Let me get married''

The bodyguard - ''  I wonder if he would like the princess...  He should be honored''...   :D

FtfM6DmaUAAgS3_?format=jpg&name=360x360

The Governor with only one flaw...   :D

FtfMvZqakAAUcP3?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4

@rocher22  @booha

I love the ending where CP Hwan gets to married Min Jae Yi and Sergeant Han to Princess.

After one(1)  as the new King, he heart still lingers over Min Jae Yi. 

What's more  hilarious is when all the eunuchs and palace doctor says his illness cannot be

cured cause there's no medicine for "LOVESICK" :joy: but he kept denying it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@rocher22  @booha

What's more  hilarious is when all the eunuchs and palace doctor says his illness cannot be

cured cause there's no medicine for "LOVESICK" :joy: but he kept denying it.

That was a little embarrassing...    :lol:

another hilarious scene....  :D...The parents..     :approves:

FtfM06naUAA5vfq?format=jpg&name=small

Fte0Dr8aUAEbpvp?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2

The last two episodes were the best. I like how the cp kept digging even though it was a bit pointless (he wasn't going to find water) to show the villagers he was sincere. 

It was so weird to see our eunuch in a dress!!

I like the scholar's parents, they were sure funny. Probably relieved that he finally found some woman who would have him...

My big question, though: the princess was assassinated. And...psych, she's alive! With no explanation! Is this a translation issue? Does "assassinate" mean not just successful completions, but also assassination attempts in Korean? It was clear the king was working behind the scenes and letting the public think what they wanted while he mobilized the crown prince, etc. But the thing with the princess was really strange. 

• Like 2

So just ended the drama... all 20 episodes of it...

Normal? It took him one year to see her again? Sigh...

I think the princess is more active than the CP and her love story is probably more fun than her brother's...

Anyhow, hope for a better drama next time hyung Sik. :approves:

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, frozentundra said:

My big question, though: the princess was assassinated. And...psych, she's alive! With no explanation! Is this a translation issue? Does "assassinate" mean not just successful completions, but also assassination attempts in Korean? It was clear the king was working behind the scenes and letting the public think what they wanted while he mobilized the crown prince, etc. But the thing with the princess was really strange. 

The crown princess, Lee Hwan's bride was assassinated. And his sister is OK because no one has tried to kill her after her visit to the monk.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:39 AM, Ainuriel said:

The crown princess, Lee Hwan's bride was assassinated. And his sister is OK because no one has tried to kill her after her visit to the monk.

Ohhhh! Somehow I completely missed that (maybe because she was lying in a pool of blood). I was thinking princess as in the little sister the whole time. This makes a lot more sense!

• Like 1