[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, lin_00 said:

Totally agree with you @carolinedl, we tend to see just one side of their life in rom-com/melodramas, but their relationship is not just them, their whole being is not just their SO. They've got dreams and hobbies and likes and dislikes that don't have anything to do with the other person and which allows us to live both with and without them. 

It's really nice to see a well rounded couple in a drama. 

I think I found my peace after ep 15 lol. 

That is also something that was dominant in Search: WWW. I really like this about both dramas. Strong female characters that do not need a man to be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, banghyeri said:

the unsolved mystery to me is, why the store name is 2521? 

Like a tombstone?  A plaque to give it significance but burying that time in her mind.  Putting it in the past.  And leaving it behind.  Saying that it played a big part in her life then but no longer has any sway in her life now.  She’s moved on. 

And personally I don’t think MC is “shipping” YJ and HD.  She’s just curious like we all are as to why they didn’t end up together.  She knows they didn’t because mom HD married her dad Mr Kim.  Against that backdrop, she’s trying to work out why HD and YJ made that decision.  

• Like 3

This dramaverse is puzzling, while the news stories and historical events are based off real life historical events, the sporting events are not. 

I wonder if this was done so the historical events wouldn't be acculete with the real life historical events.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Wait.... how did Yi-Jin take a flight to New York City when there were no flights flying in the US during that period of time?

I think a news reporter asked him this and he said he came by land. I assumed he flew into Canada and then drove down to NYC.

• Like 2

There is hope.   It’s journey of hardship in their relationship.  I think they definitely got together.  Will be interesting wrap up. The author is trolling us and enjoying it 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Come here because I can't stop searching bout this drama articles ..This drama is really the best until ep 15..really wish for happy ending :fullofhearts:

Mr. Kim must be Yijin no matter what!!!! :isannoyed: how can writernim so evil make them separated just because LDR if he make her present husband also in foreign (i think its no sense and make writernim just impose the sad ending)..

if they want make heedo married another man, they not supposed to make storyline where MC see how strong her mom love story with her ex and make the present heedo sad face after her mom talk bout yijin..she deserved to be very happy married life if she married another man..

I just curious why just a few fans translate their interview videos..also their making video for 11-12 no one translate it..cryyyyy..

KTR & NJH also didnt post any photos bout them..they also not invited from many couple games like another netflix drama ( I think they will be so funny together)..and and I also didnt find shipper paradise in soompi bout this couple hahahaha

• Like 2

1 minute ago, luffie said:

I saw the teaser and I am crying! I think he left for NY! Guess no happy ending for me! Going back to my corner to sob! Someone tell me that I am wrong! 

He'll go and come back as a news anchor in is home-country.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

He'll go and come back as a news anchor in is home-country.

@YongZura⁷so u think it is a happy ending?! Keeping my fingers crossed here! Here is to a happy end!!! Let’s all reconvene tomorrow! Thanks friends for all the insights and guesses! ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Epi 15 was bittersweet. 

The sweetness of watching Baekdo couple moments & the bitterness of them having a hard time due to professional commitments. 

BYJ has taken a big career step of staying in NY to continue reporting about 9/11 tragedy. I think he would come back to Korea before he goes to NY for a longer stay. Should he have informed NHD before he applied? Yes. But maybe he didn't because he wasn't sure if it would even be approved. 

What will happen is NHD & BYJ have a constructive discussion & either committing to a long distance relationship or breaking up temporarily. I still feel that they both did marry each other. 

The lesson is that youth are more passionate about things like love & friendships but as they grow into adults they have to make hard choices & compromises to have a satisfactory life. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mizv said:

There is hope.   It’s journey of hardship in their relationship.  I think they definitely got together.  Will be interesting wrap up. The author is trolling us and enjoying it 

Well, hopefully I'm not wrong in a few hours! But this recent teaser clip posted by TVN that you shared makes me think it's a happy ending and that they worked it out. Because if it truly is a sad ending, by now we should be coming to terms with that, right? Why continue to dangle hope, put a spear through the viewers' hearts, and get everyone mad at TVN? 

I don't mind a sad ending if the writer takes time to prepare you for it, or if it seems inevitable after a certain point. Writers make certain promises as they construct their stories, and while red herrings and other obstacles occur, at some point your threads have to be rushing to the inevitable conclusion. If they truly want to pull off a sad ending they are going to have to work hard to make it believable. So I'm going to hope for the best!

• Like 3

Last night's drama rating dripped alittle. not sure if it's because there's a new weekend drama shown on KBS. So viewers switch there instead. The writers of this drama should anticipate that there will be drop of rating because of too many sad scenes... I also hope tonight won't be disappointing. Sigh 

• Like 2

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” saw a decrease in viewership ahead of its series finale, with its penultimate episode scoring an average nationwide rating of 9.6 percent. However, despite the minor dip, the hit drama still remained first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks. “Twenty Five, Twenty One” also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 6.2 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/twenty-five-twenty-one-ratings-dip-ahead-of-finale-as-yoon-shi-yoons-new-drama-its-beautiful-now-premieres-at-no-1/#ixzz7PMlLdF00

i like ep15..

imho, 2001 was the last new year countdown where both could still spend time together in korea, when they were 25-21.. after YJ got dispatched to NYC in sep, he didn't manage to return in a month, nor in time for the 2002 countdown. according to HD's mom, he had applied for the job vacancy in NYC as well. HD's unwavering support for his job seemed to be unable to bring much comfort to YJ and she too, became doubtful if the distant relationship would work out..

according to ep16, YR came back from Korea to visit and YJ wasn't able to join them.. not sure if he was still in NYC or already as a local newscaster..

the missing info between 2002-2009 hopefully will be covered in today's ep and also, the present times, where the real identity of MC's dad will be revealed..

==

side note, i felt so sorry for HD.. being in pain/not feeling well and had to endure it because she was so well aware of the possible situation of being mistaken as doping if she takes medication..

also felt sad for YR being alone in a foreign country, not being able to confide to HD as easily like before since they are now fencing rivals.. super happy that HD still understands her so well, and the tears of joy at the end of the competition!

** i worry for Bona's voice when she kept screaming at the competition, she needs lots of honey water!

• Like 5
  • Love 1