[Drama 2021] You Raise Me Up 유 레이즈 미 업 - Yoon Shi Yoon, Ahn Hee Yeon(Hani)

partyon

@tulip06 Yeah, you can find it on Wavve here: https://www.wavve.com/player/vod?programid=C9901_C99000000068&page=1

Wavve has uploaded all the episodes at once, but since it's a Korean streaming platform, you will have to wait for Viki if you want English subs. Viki will be uploading in a 2-episode a week format, so only the first two episodes are there so far. (Percentage-wise the subbers are not done with subbing the first two episodes yet as I'm posting this.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] You Raise Me Up 유 레이즈 미 업 - Yoon Shi Yoon, Ahn Hee Yeon(Hani) - Tues.

What are the impressions after first two episodes?))

Honestly, I was afraid that on the basis of such piquant material, the creators could go far beyond the reasonable and twist up dirty tricks.
 But after watching the first two episodes so far, I can say that fears are not justified (for now, at least).
 Yes, the topic is complex, embarrassing, taboo, but, damn it, adults know everything about this part of life, and have gone through a lot themselves.
 The creators approached the issue with a sufficient sense of proportion and not vulgar situational humor, without exaggeration and overreaction, accurately recreating the problem and the feelings of the people involved in it.
 Everybody plays great - like normal people, from real life.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Oleksandra said:

What are the impressions after first two episodes?

I haven't had the chance to watch them yet, patiently waiting for English subs. B)

Edit: Yes, English subs are finally out. Off to binge watch :partyblob:

Edited by anjuliet
  • Like 2
  • Blob 1

I love YSY, I’m so happy to watch him in a new drama. The premise is great, so far it’s both funny and unexpectedly heartwarming and not taking itself too seriously. Also, I’ve always thought YSY has an amazing ability to be both adorable and sexy and here he is proving it again - he was so cute in his pink pajamas, yet you can tell his body is amazing, I’m just waiting for a shirtless scene…! As of right now though I just want to give him a hug, poor dude.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

18 hours ago, kehrite said:

he was so cute in his pink pajamas, yet you can tell his body is amazing, I’m just waiting for a shirtless scene…

You noticed it too, huh? :D

I've only watched the first episode but couldn't take my eyes off his biceps and the hint of abs under his t-shirt. :emmm:
If he doesn't have a shower scene in this drama, I'm gonna be too disappointed…

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

First episode is very light-hearted and draws you in. The guy is relatable, could be every guy, your friend, your neighbour. He is not Mr. CEO, unlike his classmate, whom he unfortunately meets at a reunion (one of my nightmares, so I feel with him). Life has been terrible for him, and it shows in the way he talks, walks, and looks at people. I like the acting a lot. 

Female? She's pretty, has a glamorous apartment. One would think she is smart, because she is a doctor, though I'm not sure she is smart with her own feelings. Talks a good game, but can play it too? Hmm. Some of the things she says make me uncomfortable, which explains why she is with a guy like her boyfriend, who to my shock turns out to be a psychologist. 

The psychologist is very despicable, the languid way he enjoys playing with her (and others, like her first love). I wish they would have made him CEO instead. Unfortunately he is a psychologist to whom male lead opened up and was betrayed, humiliated - all because female was talking hot air. Instead of pulling another person into her crap relationship, she should have taken courage and do a clean break or talk it out with her boyfriend. 

Second episode is the opposite. 

I knew there was going to be a suicide attempt, after getting betrayed when he opened up and getting stabbed in the back when he was vulnerable. 

ur01.gif 

I shouldn't have laughed at this heartbreaking scene, but her words. Seriously, "pathetic house" can be lived by poor people. Let me move to Seoul then, maybe I can live in a flat facing the river?

I laughed because it reminded me of the "50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama (2021 edition)" event @partyon hosted. 

This first love now has to be treated by his first love, who knows all about his "shabby" living conditions, disastrous mental health and ED. Poor guy, not because he has no money, but because he feels so low and at this stage he remeets his first love, the one the color pink reminds him of. It was merciful that he didn't lose his ability to draw calm and strength from his pink handkerchief, because after the psychological backstabbing, I feared he'd lose that too.

Now onto the next episodes, where I hope we will see that he can find worth in his own being without comparing himself to other people. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

:waves: guys!

I am late but onboard for this drama already! Happened to watch episode 1-2 and I like the drama. Yoon Shi Yoon is doing a great job as the lead man. And since this is a topic that people tend to avoid talking in public, I am much more drawn in to the plot! :)

Let's see how it goes on! Can't wait to chat with you all!

• Like 3
  • Blob 2