[Drama 2021] You Raise Me Up 유 레이즈 미 업 - Yoon Shi Yoon, Ahn Hee Yeon(Hani)

partyon

They sure took it too long to put english subtitles! Finally, finished watching episode 3. I really love Lee Ru Da that she is smart & independent! I am always drawn in to this kind of female leads in dramas! And Yoon Shi Yoon is so musculine yet he perfectly fits for the male lead?! He is doing a great job. The plot is impressive so looking forward for next eps! B)

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

I like how they develop the story in 3-4. 

I saw the comments blaming Lee RuDa, but she acts natural - she really liked this man and she remembers well what kind of person was he.

But now for her he is ... who? Not just a patient, because there is too much personal, not a former boyfriend, because they didn't date and he changed a lot, so she feels different about him.

It's also strange and embarrassing for her, considering jokes of people around about first love, relationship with JiHyuk and her strong ambitious personality.

Yes, she chose wrong way, and wanted to help him with wrong intentions, but she's human, we make mistakes, and this isn't the worst. She also can reflect and fix her faults.

YoungSik has a low self esteem, but he isn't weak. He allows for others blame him not because he's afraid but because many circumstances and problems made him think that all these blamings are deserved.

He is strong enough to not hurt other people and to save his inner dignity.

But every time when he received hope, this hope was broken.

And it hurted him a lot, one by one.

I'm really curious what will be in the next episodes.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I and chingu @agenth watched ep 3 & 4 yesterday. Am so glad that we finally got more episodes. Yay! :partyblob:

Need to get this first off my chest:

we can all see that Yoon Shi Yoon is ripped! In the swimming pool scene and in the massage scene it was clear that he's sporting some great muscles. PD, please show them to us..... :bawling:

Don't keep us waiting any longer!

:crybaby:

Alright, so then onto other aspects of the show....

I liked how Ru Da is trying help Yong Shik, but she was clearly going on about it (partially) in the wrong way. Even though Yong Shik has lost his confidence, he is still empathetic and warm as a person. He gave Ru Da a good lesson about true love and how to treat others. It seems Ru Da had forgotten about it, but I really liked how she fessed up to her mistake and learnt from it.

My heart broke when Yong Shik found out about the bet. Yoon Shi Yoon is a phenomenal crier and he is able to convey Yong Shik's vulnerability and emotions perfectly.

I hope that we get to see some character development down the line where confidence is built up from the inside, instead of relying on external circumstances / possessions dictating how you feel about yourself :kiss_wink:

ff450120-e241-430f-bfd8-e87e80ade9af.jpg

cr. to owner

• Like 3
  • Love 2

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Hi guys!

Finally I managed to watch episode 5-6 and I am so loving this series. Glad to find out that Lee Ru Da is sincerely helping out Do Yong Shik. I think she's grateful for him that he saved her from falling glass? :) I don't have a good impression on Ji Hyuk. Hope Lee Ru Da end up with Do Yong Shik instead.

And Yoon Shi Yoon is indeed a manly actor but how come he is so great acting as the low self-esteemed lead guy?? I am so impressed by his acting in this drama! Can't wait to watch final episodes! B)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• partyon changed the title to [Drama 2021] You Raise Me Up 유 레이즈 미 업 - Yoon Shi Yoon, Ahn Hee Yeon(Hani)

I was finally able to complete the drama and I loved it! :kiss_wink:

It was one of those quirky dramas with a more unconventional subject and it totally made me think of Heart to Heart in a way. It had many great elements and pushed the envelope several times.

Well done!

Clapping Applause GIF

Yoon Shi Yoon's acting was fantastic! :love: He was able to portray the wounded ML and his ability to emote sadness, embarrassment, despair was amazing. His crying scenes were very touching.

This was the first time for me to see Hani in a role, and I have to say that she quickly became a favorite of mine. Loved her acting too, and paired up with Yoon Shi Yoon they had great chemistry too.

Those kissing scenes - especially the hotel scene.

:wow2:

Absolutely adored Jennifer. :heartxoxo: What a brave and great friend she was. Also loved her sense of style!
The guy who was the CEO of a quilting company was also such a brave man. Loved how realistic it was that Do Yong Shik went to work for him.
Why should society have to categorize certain colors, hobbies, characteristics and interests? No, I loved how these 3 stood up bravely to defy those categorizations. Bravo! :heart:

The only thing I didn't like was the unprofessionalism of our 2 doctors and how they treated Yong Shik. There are certain code of ethics doctors have to follow (e.g. patient confidentiality, not crossing certain boundaries with your patients, etc). But aside from that I have no gripes.

We got a happy ending in every sense. :joy:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

:waves: guys!

Finally I was able to finish up the full series and I just love it! Yoon Shi Yoon did a brilliant job as the lead actor. I am still surprised that a man with all abs & biceps played as a physically challenged person? Just adore his choice this time! :smile:

And I think this series has a life lesson for both men & women that you should be proud of yourself - who you are! Never underestimate yourself! Love the message they delivered to the audience! Hope more people would watch this and enjoy as much as I did! :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I absolutely loved this drama. The pace was amazing, didn't really need to use the FF button and it was on point. Which of course is expected of 8 episodes long drama, no side dramas at all. What started as the main topic of the drama (erectile dysfunction), actually became a side topic very naturally and I love how they switched things to a more important topics as to how to deal with traumas, what causes them, and other stuff. When Dong Shik was able to finally overcome them, he was able to overcome that problem as well. 

What I actually loved is how natural they showed things. Pressure on the child with not the expectations of their parents, but actually with what they have to deal with being with friends or relatives, just like we saw in the restaurant scene, or feeling inferior in front of your more successful friends and trying to avoid them. It was also great to see Dong Shik not suddenly overcoming them, he went through a process, wasn't that perfect yet (just like in the proposal scene he was still slightly nervous) but step by step he was clearing those peaks which initially seemed impossible for him to climb.

I believe Dong Shik failing in the final interview was also something not many expected, but had to happen, since I think for Dong Shik it was important to learn that he needs to let go of somethings sometimes. Its totally fine to study for several years to clear a test, but then decide to do something else. I actually know many people who are still trying to clear the tests, not because they now dream to get that job/position, but they just don't want to see the years they studied for that test to be classified as wasted years. So it was something which had to happen to prove to Dong Shik that it is fine to fail, and you can start a new somewhere else. Its never too late. 

Talking about the 2nd ML, firstly I was happy to see Park Ki Woong not playing an evil guy :loolz:

He wasn't the best person in the start, but we see him grow as a character as well. We see that while it seemed it took everything for granted in this relationship (which well he did sometimes), but his feelings were genuine towards FL as well. I actually liked the fact that he tried his best to make to relationship work in the later episodes, and also remained close friends with FL even after she rejected him. It was good to see the guy thinking money and fame can get him everything realize that it is the small things in relationship that make it work. So hopefully he will keep such things in mind in his next relationship :joy:

Jennifer was the type of friend everyone needs to have. Such a great and caring friend. I strongly believe Dong Shik could hold out all these years because he had Jennifer who was always there for him and would listen to his problems without judging him and she would give him advices as well. 

@partyon Noona, I totally agree with you, Hani was great in this drama. In fact everyone's acting was top quality, but seeing Hani for the first time (she was in Spies Who Loved Me as well, but I think it was a small role and I don't remember much), and knowing she is an idol, she actually did a great job here, and her acting was much better than several idol-actresses out there. I hope she will get more offers. 

I am glad we got to see a drama based on unconventional topic and several unconventional elements you would not really see in your other dramas. I hope we got to see more dramas like this :piggydance:

• Like 4
  • Love 2