[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

4 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Can that handkerchief please make an appearance next saturday?! UGH, I think they're going to make us wait at least until Christmas!!!!

Yeah, they are wasting episodes with nothing happening right now.  No sign of the hanky. Looks like the next weekend also will be wasted with the engagement-or-not BS. 

All I want is for YK to have an accident and get hurt :)... I hoped he would slip and fall hard on the ice rink. No.  Then I thought he would get hit while sitting in his car.  Nope. No chance.  Argh.  Can at least a brick or a  tile or something fall on his head?

And I can't stand any of the scenes with SaRa's mom.  Seriously getting on my nerves.  Somebody find a way to catch that woman and put her in jail.

That punk Daebum is putting that nice woman SaeRyun through so much of pain.  All she does is to unconditionally love him, putting up with his false pride and immaturity.

Only the MiRim and boyfriend scenes are watchable right now.  They should get some award like the "best-looking" young pair.

• Like 4

Just some random thoughts on 23/24

-SaRa taking advantage of the situation to trick him into marriage. I feel sick! Her mom is ick too. Want her to be caught so badly.

-What happened to Seryeon’s place? Can’t her mom move there?

-DD why can’t you claim your man? Why is she acting indifferent to YK? She should know deep down how he feels. She’s not even trying to jog his memories about them. 
-Poor Seryeon! Forget DB! (I find the actress has gotten much more prettier since her last drama. I’ve always thought she was pretty, but something more in this drama. Perhaps long hair & styling? Anyway, I say all that to say I think she’s beautiful.)

-I do like the cosmetology couple 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chdom said:

Just some random thoughts on 23/24

-SaRa taking advantage of the situation to trick him into marriage. I feel sick! Her mom is ick too. Want her to be caught so badly.

-What happened to Seryeon’s place? Can’t her mom move there?

-DD why can’t you claim your man? Why is she acting indifferent to YK? She should know deep down how he feels. She’s not even trying to jog his memories about them. 
-Poor Seryeon! Forget DB! (I find the actress has gotten much more prettier since her last drama. I’ve always thought she was pretty, but something more in this drama. Perhaps long hair & styling? Anyway, I say all that to say I think she’s beautiful.)

-I do like the cosmetology couple 

I remember something my Dad told me long ago.  "Son, the house that's built on sand cannot stand."    SR, DR, and KJ will get theirs in the end because their lies will be exposed for what they are - lies.   And we must never forget that true love always wins.

As far as DD, she's trying her best to deal with her broken heart.   After all, how do most of us deal with heartbreak?   Denial and trying to push our feelings down.   But the more we do that, the worse it usually gets.   That's what we're seeing with DD and now YK.    But, in the end, their love will be better for this.    As usual, it's the K-drama long game we have to play as viewers.

Watching DB act the way he's acting is truly disappointing.   At some point he needs to seriously self-reflect to get him back on track.

I totally agree about Jun Oh and Mi Rim.   I'm liking them the more I see them.

I know today was a disappointing day for many of us about DD/YK.    But we must remember that this is one of a few obstacles they'll need to pass in order to remain strong in their love.   Yet, in the end, it will be all worth it.  

True love always wins!   Always! 

• Like 6

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman” soared to its highest viewership ratings yet last night. The latest episode of the popular weekend drama scored an average nationwide rating of 33.6 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/jirisan-and-inspector-koo-finales-see-ratings-rise-uncle-and-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-ratings-increased-for-2nd-episode/#ixzz7EtVPn6p3

• Like 3

I really want SR to wake up and realize that (1) she only wants to marry YK because of his money and status and what she thinks that means for Se Jong, and (2) that she already like Gun. That is why she wanted to get rid of him so bad. He makes her realize that she doesn't really have feelings for YK, and that makes her uncomfortable.

I wanted to believe that while she is dumber than a box of rocks, that Ki Ja was a good person, but she deserves to pay for her crimes. She is sitting back watching DR go crazy trying to figure out who took her money, gold bars and that ring and she is acting like nothing happened. What a thief and just a horrible person. There is no going back from this. The ball will eventually drop because of this and it will be bad. Her daughter will stand no chance of being with YK. Her reputation will be in the toilet because her mom is a thief who ultimately stole out of her fiancee's home and they will likely be out on the street.

Furthermore, SR thinking that YK's kids will go along with her marrying their father is laughable at best. This will not go well. I just hope that Dan Dan sees how much YK needs her. Unfortunately, he is very vulnerable right now. He is being taken advantage of by both DR and SR and when he does get his memory back, it will be really hurtful when he realizes how they took advantage. 

I want to see a run-away groom. Se Ryeon hinted at it after talking about her own failed wedding. That would be epic and totally humiliating for SR. Writers don't fail us now.

• Like 6

Ep 12

1. For her level of thinking and able to think to do the DNA test, Dae Bum’s mom is awesome hahaha

2. I am happy that mr. park can reunite again with her sister. 

3. I wish dan dan can go to the US with her mom. At least she can do a job that would not make people underestimate her. Or perhaps because of she is still young and naive. My friend’s baby sitter is more powerful than her in the house. She always loses the arguments hahaha. If she goes out and said “bye bye kiddos..” her babysitter will said “we used to it maam.. bye bye.” HAHAHA 

4. Sa ra and mrs. Wang are the most stress people in the story. Hahahaha. They spent their days to think of how to do the bad and negative to others. My mom in law said, our behaviours and hearts are the magnet to our destiny. If we do the bad only the bad will gravitate to us <3 

5. I love it that Se chang is a thoughtful kid. He does not want to embarassed his grandma on public <3

• Like 2

I may have missed it because I haven't watched the last 4 episodes with subs yet, but is there a reason why Dan2 is hesitant on accepting YG's affection?  Her reactions seem so out of character.  Does she think that there was something between him and SR before??

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheaN said:

I may have missed it because I haven't watched the last 4 episodes with subs yet, but is there a reason why Dan2 is hesitant on accepting YG's affection?  Her reactions seem so out of character.  Does she think that there was something between him and SR before??

Yes 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheaN said:

I don’t know why she hasn’t questioned what SaRa said about them being engaged. So, she thinks he was playing with her. Ugh, I don’t understand how she can be so naïve sometimes 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheaN said:

Yes, it appears that both Dan2 and YG believe that YG+Sara was real :unsure: and that YG cheated on Sara by having a relationship with Dan2 before he got amnesia. :huh:

I know everyone dislikes the amnesia plot here, and the Korean audience is tired of it, too. Everyone wishes the Magical Handkerchief would whip through the air and slap YG so that he gets his memories back.

So I am probably the only one who is enjoying the amnesia plot!

I think YG acting like a 22-year-old doofy teenager is totally hilarious, and he is really cute when he grins and looks like a lovestruck puppy whenever Dan2 is around. I love how playful he is with his kids. And that fantasy musical sequence? Come on, that was awesome. I mean, it was so cheesy and cringe-y, but they really leaned in to how silly it was. I loved it.

I know that he will eventually get all his memories back, but I hope he also remembers the time when he was 22-years-old and becomes a combination of the uptight ahjussi he used to be and what he is now.

I also love the idea that even if he lost his memories, he would fall in love with Dan2 all over again. And this is quite a neat trick to neutralize any weird ickiness that people may have been feeling due to the 14-year age difference between them. I mean, every time he calls Dan2 and Sara "nuna," it is so hilarious!

I just found out that the actor playing Sara and Gun (Park Hana and Seo Eun-Tak) were the ML and FL of "Apgujeong Midnight Sun," so this is a cast reunion between them.

ANYWAY... I do hope that she gets properly punished, and so does Dae-Ran. It's not okay to steal men who do not belong to you.

And I certainly hope that Gi-Ja gets properly punished. It's not okay to steal money that does not belong to you.

I'm also really done with all the screeching from these women. But it is still funny that a bunch of people keep calling Dae-Ran "첩년" (concubine) in their heads. No respect for the homewrecker.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Yes, it appears that both Dan2 and YG believe that YG+Sara was real, and that YG cheated on Sara by having a relationship with Dan2 before he got amnesia.

I know everyone dislikes the amnesia plot here, and the Korean audience is tired of it, too. Everyone wishes the Magical Handkerchief would whip through the air and slap YG so that he gets his memories back.

So I am probably the only one who is enjoying the amnesia plot!

I think YG acting like a 22-year-old doofy teenager is totally hilarious, and he is really cute when he grins and looks like a lovestruck puppy whenever Dan2 is around. I love how playful he is with his kids. I know that he will eventually get all his memories back, but I hope he also remembers the time when he was 22-years-old and becomes a combination of the uptight ahjussi he used to be and what he is now.

I also love the idea that even if he lost his memories, he would fall in love with Dan2 all over again. And this is quite a neat trick to neutralize any weird ickiness that people may have been feeling due to the 14-year age difference between them. I mean, every time he calls Dan2 and Sara "nuna," it is so hilarious!

ANYWAY... I do hope that she gets properly punished, and so does Dae-Ran. It's not okay to steal men who do not belong to you.

And I certainly hope that Gi-Ja gets properly punished. It's not okay to steal money that does not belong to you.

I'm also really done with all the screeching from these women. But it is still funny that a bunch of people keep calling Dae-Ran "첩년" (concubine) in their heads. No respect for the homewrecker.

Thanks for the explanantion.  It makes sense, because who would think that anyone would actually make up such a story.

In any case, Sara needs to be punished.  This is actually fraud because YG has a lot of money, property, head of a company, etc.  She is misrepresenting herself to gain access to his wealth.

And Gi-Ja, well, that's grand larceny in any way that you look at it.  I wonder if the ring she sold might surface and implicate her?

I doubt that anyone will go to prison as YG is too kind hearted to prosecute them.  When all is revealed no one in the household will want to have anything to do with them.  I can see it now... "SeJong-ah meet your birthmom.  She belongs in jail because she tried to steal a lot of money from Dad, but I'm gonna let her pass on this one.  Don't be too hard on her, she did it because she wants to be with you." 

• Like 3

I also believe that the 22 yo old will be a glimpse of how YK will be when he regains his memories.   His love for DD will be absolutely pure and he can also start over with his kids.

We've all established that SR is not the sharpest tool in the shed.    She will get hers along with her mom and DR.    The question is why Cha Gun would be interested in her.

With no substance to rely on, I'm going to predict that YK regains his memories either this weekend or next.   How will be the mystery.   He and DD just need to stay tough and keep fighting for their love.   I can understand that DD does not want her heart broken again but I have a feeling that she'll be forced to take a stand and will ultimately choose YK for hers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, heistheway said:

I also believe that the 22 yo old will be a glimpse of how YK will be when he regains his memories.   His love for DD will be absolutely pure and he can also start over with his kids.

We've all established that SR is not the sharpest tool in the shed.    She will get hers along with her mom and DR.    The question is why Cha Gun would be interested in her.

With no substance to rely on, I'm going to predict that YK regains his memories either this weekend or next.   How will be the mystery.   He and DD just need to stay tough and keep fighting for their love.   I can understand that DD does not want her heart broken again but I have a feeling that she'll be forced to take a stand and will ultimately choose YK for hers.

Like she forced him lol

• Like 2