[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

Now that was an episode!   I think some of us had an inkling that something big was going to happen.  I for one was not disappointed.   Where to begin with my thoughts?

Jun Oh and Mi Rim deserve more screen time.   It will be interesting how his mom can accept Mi Rim as a potential DIL.

What Se Ryeon and Dae Bum both need more than anything is to figure what their natural gifts are and apply them to help others and themselves.   I totally understand Soo Cheol, Yong Shil, and grandma being against them marrying given Se Ryeon's mom.   This one will be a struggle for sure, but I do hope that they can find joy in at least being helpful to others.

It does appear that the writer(s) are trying the sympathy angle with Anna Kim.  It does make me wonder if her condition will change her mind about YK possibly being with DD.    Lots to ponder here.

If it's true that there's a new galaxy in the universe, then my Christmas wish would be for SR, DR, and SR's mom to get one way tickets there.  Speaking of which.

What a perfect visual!   You have SR alone in a hotel room.    Against this backdrop, there's a broken wineglass, a broken amnesia, a broken engagement all leading to her broken heart.  To see her lying there on the floor by her lonesome amidst all the brokenness was too perfect!  Four words - game over, you lose! 

Which leads me to the OTP.

There will certainly be a period of "fence mending" for both DD and YK.   They both will need to be 100% honest and real with each other to make this work, and I'm confident that they will.   It's now DD's chance to tell him everything she's felt the last few episodes and to assure him that she loves him and only him.   Likewise, YK has a chance to make things right with DD and to assure her that he loves her and only her.  Remember, there will be more obstacles in their way.   It's up to them to remain strong in order to see their love through until the end.

I really think Saturday's and Sunday's episodes will be terrific.   Merry Christmas to everyone in this forum.   It really has been fun chatting about this drama.   Can't wait for Saturday!!

Edited by heistheway
Forgot a line
  • Like 9

Angry Yeong-Guk is INTENSE. It's good when he's yelling at Sara, but he sounds a bit ridiculous when he's yelling at Dan2.

I still remember how he yelled at her when she quit her job, or he fired her (for the 5th time or whatever), so she got a job scrubbing BBQ grills in the middle of the night. Then YG came looking for her and yelled at her, "Park Seon-saeng, what are you doing?!?!?"

It was so ridiculous and out of place. He doesn't have any right to get mad at her. You just can't help but laugh. This show is ridiculous!

So when he was all INTENSE when he called her at the final moment of the show, saying, "Park Dan Dan, WHERE ARE YOU?!?" I thought he was going to rip his shirt off like the Incredible Hulk or something! Haha.

Amnesia arc is OVER! Hurray! I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I was ready for it to be over.

The oldest child, Jenny? Why does she seem so much older all of a sudden? Did she grow up to make up for childish dad?

Does everyone in Korea go to noraebang all the time? (Awesome!)

Drinking game! When Se-Jong cries, drink! (We will be all be drunk very soon.)

But when the three kids were clutching each other crying their hearts out because Sara was going to be their mom, I was genuinely sad. These poor kids have been through enough!

Se-Ryeon is the most immature person ever. OMG. I know she's supposed to be a spoiled little rich girl, but wow, grow up. Of course, look at who her mom is. It's a miracle that she is not worse, I guess?

I enjoy Mi-rim and Jun-oh as a couple, because they're so low-drama and chill. But I'm also genuinely sad that she moved out to live with her boyfriend and her family barely even noticed that she is gone. Like, they don't care where she lives or how she is doing AT ALL. She could disappear forever, and I don't think they will notice.

The show indicated this before - when they were getting free PPL clothes, they forgot about getting her anything. And there were some other moments like that, where they treat Mi-rim like an afterthought. Because she's an orphan, they don't care about her? I'm not sure what point they're trying to make with this.

When she practically cried after eating lobster in a restaurant, I was seriously about to cry for her. This poor thing.

This is what Dan2's father looked like in a famous Reebok ad in 1989:

This ad made him into a star. They paid homage to this ad in "Reply 1988."

• Like 7

17 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

what do you think that Kdrama ratings would be if they allowed international views to view these drama streams on their sites?  Most of them say, it is only available in South Korea.  

These rating would be shooting thru the roof.

Oh yeah for sure they would be eh.

14 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

They are really going for 35% next episode 

That would be amazing!:).

• Like 2

Hi, glad to join this thread and read the posts. I Love watching YLAG so much that I suddenly thinking about Soompi Forum. The last time I was in the forum was ages ago. But YLAG brings back my guilty pleasure, Korean Dramas. So I come back here, even though I have to make new account because my old one is gone.

Can’t wait for coming Saturday. The last 10 minutes of episode 26 is so good.

YG memory is back, even his speaking tone changing. Don’t know how Dan Dan will response.

Also Anna Kim ask YG to take over her project if something happens to her. Don’t know if in this case, Dan Dan has a chance to learn about it. Anna Kim is Dan Dan’s real mom. So if something happens to her, Dan Dan will definitely inherit Anna Kim’s business. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

23 hours ago, heistheway said:

I wonder if this might be how DD feels soon?   As in really soon. 

Love it and I’m sure poor chairman won’t get slapped when if he stills a kiss

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 3

On 12/22/2021 at 7:07 AM, chickfactor said:

So when he was all INTENSE when he called her at the final moment of the show, saying, "Park Dan Dan, WHERE ARE YOU?!?" I thought he was going to rip his shirt off like the Incredible Hulk or something! Haha.

Lol, when he said that, my first thought was: "At home I guess! Exactly where you left her before going to your date... Genius!"

I'm not mad that the amnesia's finally ending! At first I found young YG hilarious and also it gave us an insight of another aspect of his personnality (like Jae Ni said, he's a party lover). But seeing Dan Dan so sad and even breaking down at Anna Kim's house, I got enough of the whole situation.

Now, I wouldn't mind a little bit of groveling 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lfd said:

What do they mean here where they say don’t quote videos 

When you quote someone's post, remove the videos, gifs and photos from the quote.  Leave just the text.  In any case, if you don't, an admin will do it for you and leave you a note about it.

• Like 1

Some thoughts on the future....

• SeRyeon finally uses her Marketing (just guessing) degree from the US and starts working at FT
  • She hires DB as a model for FT (with that bod, he should be one) OK so that makes him a "parachute".  But even if they hold open auditions, I'd choose him anyway :P.  Wait, maybe they do hold open auditions and she encourages him to try.
  • They are together but not married at the end of the drama.
  • Dad does fine in the chicken business with stepmom and grandma.  He takes over ownership of the building/business because Kija loses it since she bought it with stolen $$.  She has to give it up as part of her restitution to avoid/reduce prison time.
  • Dad is still with stepmom.  As much as I personally dislike her, she did save Dad and Dan2.  She has been with hi this whole time.  Maybe not that supportive, but really doesn't deserve to be abandoned.
  • Kija is prosecuted for theft/larceny, but spends little or no time in jail.  She has to return any $ goods that she has left and do community service while on probation.  She's a good cook, maybe she has to suply the chicken place wit banchan :lol:.
  • AK goes to the US fro treatment.  Dan2 goes with her to take care of her and learn about the business at the same time.  When she return during the last episodes, she takes over for AK.  Another "parachute", but I don't care.
  • SR is OUT.  I don't care to think about her future.  She could try to latch on to Gun, but I hope not.  He's too nice of a guy for her and deserves better.  Sorry Gun, I know you kinda like her.
  • Gun?   Would be great if YG asks him to go with AK and Dan2 to US.  To drive them, watch over them, to be there in case they need anything and check in with YG.  you know those ladies always keep things from YG.
  • Joon-oh goes back to med school (sorry, I'm a mom, too and I would want that)  His mom is happy now, since she is going to be devastated to find out he dropped out. Changed my mind after episode 28.
  • Not sure about MiRim.  She's a good kid, just not sure where she'll end up or what she'll be doing.  Will have to think about that more.  She deserves a good ending.
  • DR gets to stay, but no allowance from YG.  She'll have to get that from SeRyeon, who is not yet married.

What we all know will happen:

• AK will reveal the truth, probably sooner rather than later
  • YK and Dan2 wil be together, maybe not married, but together
  • Kids love Dan2

So what do you think?  Anyone else have any theories?????

• Like 3

@TheaNI like your predictions/theories overall.   The one I'd disagree the most with would be Jun Oh and Mi Rim.    Although I'm not going to predict what he ends up doing with his life, I'm convinced that he will not be a doctor nor finish medical school.   I know that he feels awful about breaking his mom's heart but I also believe that he'll find something that can make his mom proud and be with Mi Rim at the same time (again what specifically that is I'm not clever enough to figure out).

There's no doubt in my mind that DD and YK are in it for the long haul.   Who knows how many obstacles they'll have to endure to get there but they will make it.   I could see them not married when the series ends (to the angst of some) but they'll be together forever indeed.

Absolutely Soo Cheol will stay with Yeon Sil.   Even though many of us have issues with Yeon Sil, you correctly point out that she did save Soo Cheol and Dan Dan.   

I can see your angle regarding Se Ryeon and Dae Bum.    As long as they find something productive to do with their lives, I'm open to supporting them.

There will 3 either new planets or galaxies named: one for SR, one for Ki Ja, and one for DR.    I can hope right?

Let's see if tomorrow is the Christmas miracle we all long for.    Merry Christmas one and all! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bejaffled said:

Wow, Ep27 is the equivalent of the writer giving us coal in our stocking for Christmas. Thanks for nothing, Scrooge 

yes, so he had regained all his memory and was going to join DD, but on going he lost the memory of his 22 years old when he had amnesia,  his brain must be affected,  so now Sara has started his manipulation again, it is conflicting as to whether he promised to sara to marry him or not, what Sara is doing is horrible, but at the same time poor ML nobody tells him anything
DD wanted to leave but to give up again, she only cries in the arms of her biological mother, again the secret is still not discovered, i hope she will leave soon

• Like 4

Have been wanting to comment but had forgotten password!  Christmas day present was to find the paper I had written the password!

I used to support DD but her constant crying is a real turn off.  And mostly, she was quick to assume that YG two-timed her and SR.   And sorry to her supporters who feel that her young age is a good excuse for this.  The very young are capable of deep love and trust.  In fact i would say it is easier for youngsters as they are not jaded by heart breaks and emotional experiences.  

I feel sorry for MR.  She's like an unwanted family member the way they just don't care too much for her.  I hope she and JO can remain strong when their family members find out about their relationship.

Not sure how I feel about Anna Kim.  She did abandon a good man and their daughter.  When she looks at DD, she thinks of the material things she can give her.  What about a mother's love that DD needed growing up? That was why she left them - to pursue material gains.  And she thinks this is still the most important thing.  Frankly, I am also not so keen on DD's stepmother.  It was mentioned a few times that she saved DD and her Dad.  But truth is that having DD's Dad as a husband was also a big help to her who had to raise a son alone.  And not to mention all the money DD's Dad wasted on her and her family.  But of the two women, whenever I see them on screen - I feel like slapping DD's stepmother and shaking Anna Kim.  Maybe it is their acting or because Anna Kim has a maternal, loving look!

Mr Park is awesome.  The way he stood up to the rude and vulgar mistress of YG's Dad.  Awesome!  I wish there was someone better for him than his current and ex wife.  

Not sure if I want to continue watching this drama.  Was waiting for the stupid amnesia bit to be over.  Now I read there's some other problems with the head.  it's an overkill and a waste of time. 

Edited by S00mp1an
  • Like 7

Hi all.

I totally get people's frustrations with today's episode.   But rather than comment on the episode itself, I did something I didn't think I'd do.   I wrote a new fanfic specifically in response to what I watched today.     This helps me feel a little bit better.

Here's the link to my new story for anyone interested.  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14011173/1/Memories-of-you-and-us?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=9Ry09EMi0FmT8LvNVWxe7vmA3rcsoSvwqo3u3ETJfXU-1640462420-0-gaNycGzNCKU. 

If you have trouble accessing this link, then please let me know.   Also, for those who read my story, please please leave reviews.   I know that this won't erase what we all watched but I hope I can be of some cheer this Christmas day!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

I feel so cheated! I was waiting for this episode for a week and they do this!?!

:evillaugh:

So, I'll be back in another month. They are stretching this Amnesia story for all it's worth. I wonder what the Korean audience reaction is. Dae Bum is tempted to cheat? I am tempted to watch another weekend just to see how all this juiciness  plays out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheQueenReturns said:

So, I'll be back in another month. They are stretching this Amnesia story for all it's worth. I wonder what the Korean audience reaction is. Dae Bum is tempted to cheat? I am tempted to watch another weekend just to see how all this juiciness  plays out.

Korean audiences are fed up, they were looking forward to this weeks episodes after the end of last week but were disappointed. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1