[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

On 1/17/2022 at 8:00 PM, Lfd said:

I thought all that Sara is doing to be around her child after giving him up for adoption wasn’t legal. I thought it had to be the adopted parents permission if she was to be around.

Yes, it would be illegal in that circumstance, but SaRa did not formally give up the baby for adoption.  She just threw the baby out there for YG's late wife to find and adopt.  She can simply claim that she lost the baby somehow and never found him, as there is probably no evidence for what she did.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jayakris said:

She can simply claim that she lost the baby somehow and never found him, as there is probably no evidence for what she did.

She lost the baby and never went to the police to report a missing person? That would be mighty shady.

• Like 2

I have not posted to a forum in about 18 months.  However, I have to offer another point of view.  

@wildcherry and @Rimmy, I agree that cheating is not the right thing to do; however, in SC's case; I think his heart knew that Anna was once his wife, his world.  Remember he loved her very much and his current situation was out of desperation and convenience.  More upsetting to me than cheating is hitting a woman.  I do not care how angry a man gets he should never hit a woman.  He should not cheat; but worse, regardless of the reasons, he should not hit a woman or knock her to the floor.   At the same time, I view Anna's behavior as shameless, she knew he had someone else.  Someone he built a life with and someone who took care of her daughter when she walked out.  At first, I thought that Anna had postpartum depression when DD was born she ran away.  Now I am thinking, even if she experienced postpartum depression, she was still selfish and did not want the responsibility of a marriage; therefore, she left Korea to do her own thing. When Dan Dan was born, life became real and she was not mature enough to handle a husband and a child.

Should SC have cheated on his wife; of course not; however, she is fixated on money and will lower whatever standards she has to get it.  Not a nice trait.  Until recently, SC was the man of moral standing, but hitting Anna and lying to his daughter he is worst than his wife.

13 hours ago, jayakris said:

Yes, it would be illegal in that circumstance, but SaRa did not formally give up the baby for adoption.  She just threw the baby out there for YG's late wife to find and adopt.  She can simply claim that she lost the baby somehow and never found him, as there is probably no evidence for what she did.

SaRa purposefully left her child at their gate.  I do not know how it works in Korea; however, if no one shows up to claim the child, after an investigation into the parentage, the couple was free to adopt him or send him to an orphanage.  The Lees had money, loved children and adopted him as their own.  All that crying SaRa is doing means nothing to me.  Remember she was after LYK before he married his wife; however, he never gave her a look.  She is all about moving up in society like her mother.   You can never trust a lair and a thief. 

• Like 6

I think Mr park still loves Anna which is the reason why he’s angry and lashing out and is angry on her..but I’m interested in what some of you think. Do you think he does love Anna ? 

Edited by Rimmy
  • Like 2

Rimmy, in my opinion, ParkSC has been suppressing 27 years of resentment and unresolved “love/hate feelings” towards DanDan’s mom.  I believe he cared for and slept with AK knowing on a subconscious level who she really was (Love); then after discovering her true identity, he violently attacked her (Hate).  Maybe now, he will be able to deal with his unresolved feelings and begin the forgiveness process.       

• Like 3

On 1/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, spartania said:

Can we talk about Jun O, who offered the exact same scarf to his mother and Mi Rim !? What on earth was he thinking !? (I think I get why he dropped out of medicine school :D )

I mean, he knows the 2 women work together... What could possibly go wrong? 

I thought the same thing

On 1/19/2022 at 4:16 PM, Carolmar said:

I have not posted to a forum in about 18 months.  However, I have to offer another point of view.  

@wildcherry and @Rimmy, I agree that cheating is not the right thing to do; however, in SC's case; I think his heart knew that Anna was once his wife, his world.  Remember he loved her very much and his current situation was out of desperation and convenience.  More upsetting to me than cheating is hitting a woman.  I do not care how angry a man gets he should never hit a woman.  He should not cheat; but worse, regardless of the reasons, he should not hit a woman or knock her to the floor.   At the same time, I view Anna's behavior as shameless, she knew he had someone else.  Someone he built a life with and someone who took care of her daughter when she walked out.  At first, I thought that Anna had postpartum depression when DD was born she ran away.  Now I am thinking, even if she experienced postpartum depression, she was still selfish and did not want the responsibility of a marriage; therefore, she left Korea to do her own thing. When Dan Dan was born, life became real and she was not mature enough to handle a husband and a child.

Should SC have cheated on his wife; of course not; however, she is fixated on money and will lower whatever standards she has to get it.  Not a nice trait.  Until recently, SC was the man of moral standing, but hitting Anna and lying to his daughter he is worst than his wife.

SaRa purposefully left her child at their gate.  I do not know how it works in Korea; however, if no one shows up to claim the child, after an investigation into the parentage, the couple was free to adopt him or send him to an orphanage.  The Lees had money, loved children and adopted him as their own.  All that crying SaRa is doing means nothing to me.  Remember she was after LYK before he married his wife; however, he never gave her a look.  She is all about moving up in society like her mother.   You can never trust a lair and a thief. 

She’s not gonna be stirring up to much trouble with ex stirring around she’s gonna have her hands full dealing with him 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2022 at 10:33 PM, Lunkera said:

@spartania Yeah when i watched it live i was just shaking my head what a fool he is. That's just plain stupid and will be the cause of them getting found out

I thought the same thing.  No wonder he dropped out of med school after getting admitted.  Could it be that , he wants his mother to find out?  :naughty:.  Or since he does not have much money, it could be a buy one, get one free.  So, he thought he could give it to the two women in his life?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Banshee Dragon said:

Rimmy, in my opinion, ParkSC has been suppressing 27 years of resentment and unresolved “love/hate feelings” towards DanDan’s mom.  I believe he cared for and slept with AK knowing on a subconscious level who she really was (Love); then after discovering her true identity, he violently attacked her (Hate).  Maybe now, he will be able to deal with his unresolved feelings and begin the forgiveness process.       

I hope he deals with his feelings and soon. Right now, I hate how he can’t let his daughter decide what to do about her mother. For all his anger and hurt, it’s his daughter the one who should make a decision. She’s not a kid anymore. 

• Like 7

Well, that's the way to end an episode.    It will be fun to see how DD and YK's relationship progresses from here.   I feel like this song perfectly captures everything that DD has been feeling for weeks now.    Can't wait for tomorrow/Sunday.

• Like 5

YG trying to warm her up using his hands on her chin. Then pulls her inside his Jacket/coat? and hugs her. They are eating like in the preview and DD is very happy. They are talking, seems like DD is mostly talking about the time YG had amnesia. Saying he called her noona :D . They agree to date. They are talking happily while eating. They are in their bedrooms and talking on the phone. DD begging YG to sing on the phone. He caves in the end. DD laughing. People in the house are hearing him singing :D . Day after DD is having a cough. YG says he will take the kids to school. DB saying he broke up with SR.

Scene with SR and DR. Scene with SR and SH(im biased and dont like SR or SH much so wont go into alot of details regarding them). YS,grandma and MS talking about DB and MS thinking what to do.

Scene with MS and DR. DR trying to give a gift. MS mouths off and leave and refuse the gift. DR is confused. SaRa mom having a nightmare of SaRa getting dragged away. Skipping the scene with SaRa mom.

YG having flashback in the office about singing to DD and DD coughing. YG calls DD and ask if she has eaten anything. YG scolding her. YG came home. He called the new chief into his office and said something. YG came to DD with dinner and medicine. Now they are trying to hide like in the preview :D . They hide in separate room. The housekeeper comes into DD room and ask if shes seem YG but she play dumb really badly haha. She brings down DD plates and see the same at the dining room table. She go into YG office/study and talk to him. YG has better poker face. Then he says the scene from the preview that if it was that hard to secretly dating. DD and YG chatting on phone.

SaRa and CG scene. They had been on a date it seems like and waving goodbye to eachother. SaRa forgot her phone and CG is going  back to give her. SaRa ex shows up infront of her. Scene from preview where he ask where his son is. CG shocked and let him go. Ex leaves. Sara cries. SaRa and CG talk and she confesses she had a son. He asks where the child his but she ends up lying and says he died. SaRa i think says this is the kind of woman i am and leaves. DD and YG having a lovers quarrel on phone :D . YG training to say something infront of the mirror but says to himself he cant do it  :D . Scene with MR and Junoh. Junoh depressed after audition and MR cheer him up. DR and SH mom scene. DR talking with SR. SR getting pressured into marrying SH and seems to cave in. She tells YG she will marry SH.

DD picks up Sejong. Says about something about his siblings, maybe pick them up? i think Sejong said something about pizza and games. AK watching over DD when she picked up Sejong. SC confronts AK like in the preview. DD YG Kids on a family date at an art gallery. YG trying to get DD attention but she still ignores him.  YG sends a message and tell her to come and leave the kids alone for alittle while. DD ask JN to look after Sejong and Sechan for alittle while. seems like Sechan gave a secret look. maybe he suspects something?. DD and YG argue and i think its about YG being clueless. Scene from preview with SH trying to offer DB money. MS witnessed it. DB go and give back the money to SR. SR apologizes. DB says he wishes she be happy with her marriage. SR tell SH off. But he acts like he just pitied them. YG with Lawyer friend. They are at a kareoke place. Singing and dancing its really funny. MS ran into SH mom with a child. Seems like SH has a secret daughter haha.  MS tell DR. DR go to meet with SH mom. SH mom acts like it's no big deal. DR said something to MS in the end i didnt catch it. Preview : Scene with CG and SR. I think she tell CG to meet a better woman or something like that. YG DD and Kids scene again and there is a voiceover with JN and DD & YG end up holding hands. MR MS and Junoh see eachother in a store and MS think its strange they both have the same scarf. SR and DR argue about something and DR is mad. Trying to drown herself and the river.   @Min Mcgonagall preview is out.

PREVIEW

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lunkera said:

YG trying to warm her up using his hands on her chin. Then pulls her inside his Jacket/coat? and hugs her. They are eating like in the preview and DD is very happy. They are talking, seems like DD is mostly talking about the time YG had amnesia. Saying he called her noona :D . They agree to date. They are talking happily while eating. They are in their bedrooms and talking on the phone. DD begging YG to sing on the phone. He caves in the end. DD laughing. People in the house are hearing him singing :D . Day after DD is having a cough. YG says he will take the kids to school. DB saying he broke up with SR.

Scene with SR and DR. Scene with SR and SH(im biased and dont like SR or SH much so wont go into alot of details regarding them). YS,grandma and MS talking about DB and MS thinking what to do.

Scene with MS and DR. DR trying to give a gift. MS mouths off and leave and refuse the gift. DR is confused. SaRa mom having a nightmare of SaRa getting dragged away. Skipping the scene with SaRa mom.

YG having flashback in the office about singing to DD and DD coughing. YG calls DD and ask if she has eaten anything. YG scolding her. YG came home. He called the new chief into his office and said something. YG came to DD with dinner and medicine. Now they are trying to hide like in the preview :D . They hide in separate room. The housekeeper comes into DD room and ask if shes seem YG but she play dumb really badly haha. She brings down DD plates and see the same at the dining room table. She go into YG office/study and talk to him. YG has better poker face. Then he says the scene from the preview that if it was that hard to secretly dating. DD and YG chatting on phone.

SaRa and CG scene. They had been on a date it seems like and waving goodbye to eachother. SaRa forgot her phone and CG is going  back to give her. SaRa ex shows up infront of her. Scene from preview where he ask where his son is. CG shocked and let him go. Ex leaves. Sara cries. SaRa and CG talk and she confesses she had a son. He asks where the child his but she ends up lying and says he died. SaRa i think says this is the kind of woman i am and leaves. DD and YG having a lovers quarrel on phone :D . YG training to say something infront of the mirror but says to himself he cant do it  :D . Scene with MR and Junoh. Junoh depressed after audition and MR cheer him up. DR and SH mom scene. DR talking with SR. SR getting pressured into marrying SH and seems to cave in. She tells YG she will marry SH.

DD picks up Sejong. Says about something about his siblings, maybe pick them up? i think Sejong said something about pizza and games. AK watching over DD when she picked up Sejong. SC confronts AK like in the preview. DD YG Kids on a family date at an art gallery. YG trying to get DD attention but she still ignores him.  YG sends a message and tell her to come and leave the kids alone for alittle while. DD ask JN to look after Sejong and Sechan for alittle while. seems like Sechan gave a secret look. maybe he suspects something?. DD and YG argue and i think its about YG being clueless. Scene from preview with SH trying to offer DB money. MS witnessed it. DB go and give back the money to SR. SR apologizes. DB says he wishes she be happy with her marriage. SR tell SH off. But he acts like he just pitied them. YG with Lawyer friend. They are at a kareoke place. Singing and dancing its really funny. MS ran into SH mom with a child. Seems like SH has a secret daughter haha.  MS tell DR. DR go to meet with SH mom. SH mom acts like it's no big deal. DR said something to MS in the end i didnt catch it. Preview : Scene with CG and SR. I think she tell CG to meet a better woman or something like that. YG DD and Kids scene again and there is a voiceover with JN and DD & YG end up holding hands. MR MS and Junoh see eachother in a store and MS think its strange they both have the same scarf. SR and DR argue about something and DR is mad. Trying to drown herself and the river.   @Min Mcgonagall preview is out.

PREVIEW

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you!! At least we’re getting cute Yg and DD! 
i don care for much of the rest tbh. 
want to see that Anna SC scene though. 

• Like 3

@Min Mcgonagall Yeah, i have zero interest actually in the others. But i want SaRa and CG together so she cant plot against them. But it seems like she genuinely like CG. In the preview JN may ask if something is going on between YG and DD. I think JN will take awhile to accept it. Hopefully they won't have anymore stupid breakups. There is a scene right before SC confronts AK with DD and Sejong which is really cute and later when they go to the art gallery but there is no clip of it. In this video there is a scene after where SC is having a few flashbacks of AK crying. Also while i don't enjoy the others and rather not post about them, some people does so i just have to endure it while writing recap :D . YG and Lawyer friend singing kareoke was also funny as well

• Like 2

Someone wrote the preview in korean on the preview video and i google translated it.

Cha Geon: Sara told me to run away, but I won't.

Josara: I don't want to feel sorry every time we meet. Don't call me again. Find a better woman than me.

Jang Mi-sook: Huh? Why are the scarves the same? Mi-rim is also wearing the same scarf. Look at this. It's really strange. Bong Joon-oh: That's right.

Jaeni Lee: In the past, even when we asked to go out to play, we didn’t go because we didn’t have time and we were busy. Isn’t there another reason?

Lee Young-guk: Why are you so surprised? We can hold hands now.

Dandan Park: Who says what?...

Se-ryun Lee: Mom, I gave up all my shares.

Daeran Wang: You~!, are you crazy?! Give it back now! Give it back~!

Se-ryun Lee: Mom, we're done now. So, don't have any regrets any more.

Dae-ran Wang: Yeah.. Let's die.

• Like 5

I just noticed that Kocowa and VIU cut out the 4 minutes of the episode where there was the family date at the gallery, so there's no subs for those 4 minutes at all. I'm just hoping that someone that knows Korean will translate it lol.

• Like 3