[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

Meanwhile, MBC’s hit historical romance drama “The Red Sleeve” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet last night. The series jumped to an average nationwide rating of 12.8 percent for its latest episode, marking a significant increase of over 2 percent since its previous episode last week—and setting a new personal record for the drama.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/bad-and-crazy-premieres-at-no-1-in-its-time-slot-as-the-red-sleeve-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high/#ixzz7FNIhdC6r

Omo, omo that preview!!! Wow!!! Have to wait for a week!!!

From the comments in MDL, ep.12 seems to be a good one.  Have to wait until the raw is uploaded in the sites.  Hope the ratings also rise!!! 

Edit:

#TheRedSleeveKdrama_TheRedSleeve_2021.png episode 12 real time rating at 10:30 = 17.39%

at 10:35 = 19.11%

Edited by pad-hari
  • Like 4

The production team - director and the writer - is pretty solid, so hence a good drama with solid plots and deserve good ratings. You can never go wrong with the history about Yi San and Yeongjo. But to me personally, just couldnt connect to the main leads and the 2nd ml. Just something is lacking in their portrayal of the characters, again it's just me!  So Jisub played Yi San in the movie for a few mins but it was so impressive and powerful. Certainly cant compare Junho to him, but I guess the production team didnt have much expectation about the drama. doek im was initally offered to Park Hyesoo!  Anyway, it's the king and the other characters - the king's daughter and her son, doek im's buddies and others - that i've found more interesting and didnt doze off watching them. The scene about the king's daughter and her adopted son was so touching!

It's interesting how all the recent saeguk dramas has turned out! The one just ended didnt have good plots but was sustained by the actings of the main leads and other actors, whereas this one has is sustained by good plots and the secondary actors!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 12:31 PM, pad-hari said:

Edit:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504325wpp/2pms-lee-junho-finally-becomes-king-in-the-red-sleeve

Finally,  awwww :love::love: I don't want this scene at the end of tonite's episode for a few minutes.

HI @pad-hari and everyone. Did I miss the famous back hug scene, and may I know in which episode?

Cos I was waiting eagerly for it but now he is will be his king's robe. The back hug scene he was wearing crown prince dark blue robe... Thanks for your help

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, simplesim said:

HI @pad-hari and everyone. Did I miss the famous back hug scene, and may I know in which episode?

Cos I was waiting eagerly for it but now he is will be his king's robe. The back hug scene he was wearing crown prince dark blue robe... Thanks for your help

Did I miss something too?  Was there any trailers showing the back hug of them?  I did not see anything.

Coz DI was always distant towards the prince and i doubt there was any romantic mutual skinship between them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@simplesim @pad-hari

the back hug was just for teaser, not in an actual episode. This is mentioned by Junho in BTS for back hug teaser scene filming:

Apologies as I understand korean, so I have no problem watching without subs. Not sure if there are any with eng subs. But given popularity of Junho, I think there are some fan subs you can find on YouTube or other sites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A court lady's life is one that's a long and lonely path. They are quite similar to nuns in a convent. Like in example of the Head Lady who resented the King for not choosing her to be his consort. Perhaps that's why she despises Deok Im.

I feel bad for San as his grandpa held him responsible for his father's misdeeds which were of no fault of his and yet he loves his grandpa very much. I guess it must be true when they say during the last moments of one's death, you'd get visitations of your loved ones..?

There was divine intervention when Deok Im tried to get the King to recollect. In good time too as it put a stop to the Head Lady's plans.

I melt whenever I hear the CP calls her "Deok Im ah". And that proposal at the end oh my...my.. LoL. How many times had he confessed his feelings to her yo LoL!??!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Lee Se Young Hinted About An Intense Scene With Lee Jun Ho In The “The Red Sleeve” Says “We haven’t filmed that scene yet, but don’t miss it”

Regarding the enthusiastic responses from the viewers about Lee Jun-ho’s abs reveal, Lee Se Young said, “There might be no more abs revealing scene, but there will be a bed scene. We haven’t filmed that scene yet, but don’t miss it”, arousing audiences’ interest.

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” airs every Friday and Saturday at 9:50 P.M.

read more    https://kstartrend.com/2021/12/18/lee-se-young-hinted-about-an-intense-scene-with-lee-jun-ho-in-the-the-red-sleeve-says-we-havent-filmed-that-scene-yet-but-dont-miss-it/

i can't wait all their scenes

Just finish the episode... 

Im not sure if we can credit DeokIm for saving San, infront of the grandfather with the revelation of the will... or San saved himself by finally strongly telling the king that he was not his dead son but his grandson; and the will finally made his 'abdicate' his responsibilty to San...

Why was it important for his favourite daughter to give the royal stamp to the Crown Prince?

Inbetween, we didnt know how long San reign as Regent before him grandfather died...

Then...

Its 3 years after the death of the old king and only then there is talk of him wanting take her as his concubine... 

Im wondering, how has the time passed by... and Deok Im didnt get any special favours during all those time... hmm

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Why was it important for his favourite daughter to give the royal stamp to the Crown Prince?

I think it's becoz his daughter also suffered in the hands of Sado and she is not approving San as the king.  So, in order to clear any misunderstandings he made his daughter hand over the official   stamp of the king and accept San as the king before the whole court officials so that there is no problem in the future. 

Really love this move from King Yeongjo as he cleared everything for San's smooth transition of the throne. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1