[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

14 hours ago, czakhareina said:

I actually thought DI accidentally slept while keeping San company, as she slept San took mercy on her and put her on his bad to warm her up... hahahaha I thought of that scenario cause like I thought it unlikely for DI to sleep in San's bed unless she was the chosen one. and as we know of Consort UI and King Jeongjo, she did reject him 3 times...

but i read in twitter that there were court ladies that have duties to literary warm the bed for the royal. I am not sure how legit that is though. 

So their duty is to make the bed warm and cozy... hahaha

Rejecting 3 times... reminds me of the story of Queen Elizabeth II parents' ... even then the Queen's mother rejected King George, then the Duke of York's offer of marriage, because she didnt want get married with a royalty... but a sincere heart eventually won her over... :heart:

Rest in Peace, the Queen's Mother.. also known as  Queen Elizabeth. 

I havent watch the Red Sleeve's recent episode! Cant comment yet...hehe

• Like 1

@czakhareina this writer is actually pretty good! She wrote the emperor: owner of the mask before. It was supposed to be a good script but got a lot of interferences by Mbc senior mgmt, so the drama went downhill halfway. i feel this red sleeve cuff has pretty solid content, so hopefully it will be good until the end!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 7:29 PM, czakhareina said:

This 5th music is like a message to prepare our hearts. It feels so heartbreaking...

They really are so shippable, like for real....

I was actually looking for their names in Shippers' Paradise but didn't find anything~~

2PM’s Lee Junho Tenderly Kisses Lee Se Young In “The Red Sleeve”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 11, 2021 | by E. Cha

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” has shared a sneak peek of a romantic moment from its upcoming episode!

“The Red Sleeve” is a historical drama about the imperial romance between crown prince Yi San (played by Lee Junho), who later becomes emperor, and the strong-willed court lady Seong Deok Im (played by Lee Se Young).

SPOILER

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “The Red Sleeve,” Yi San was deeply moved after Seong Deok Im saved his life. The episode ended with an emotional moment that seemed like it would become a turning point for the couple, with the relieved Seong Deok Im collapsing in Yi San’s arms as he tearfully called her name.

In the drama’s next episode, the two will grow even closer as Yi San becomes increasingly forward about his feelings for Seong Deok Im. In a tender moment that is certain to get viewers’ hearts racing, Yi San affectionately kisses Seong Deok Im on the forehead while holding her. Notably, Seong Deok Im doesn’t push Yi San away, suggesting that their relationship has evolved to the point where she is now comfortable with such open displays of affection.

Lee-Junho.jpgLee-Se-Young.jpgLee-Junho-Lee-Se-Young-2.jpg

The next episode of “The Red Sleeve” will air on December 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1503171wpp/2pms-lee-junho-tenderly-kisses-lee-se-young-in-the-red-sleeve

Lee Junho IG update

Apparently tonight there will be 8 overlapping airing of dramas

• Like 2

Hello,

I decided to de-cloak and chime in because I really enjoy watching the interactions of this couple, dementia plagued king/grandfather, spoiled daughter and court ladies.

Spoiler

In episode 9 San was searching her eyes and expression to see if there were inroads into DI's heart.  His letting her hand go was similar to telling her while she slept he could take her but she really did look peaceful and at home. 

I look forward to weekly releases and will miss this drama when it ends.  Here's hoping the 1 episode added will continue to satisfy.

Also, reading various posts, the ML is really good in this role and I am surprised he's new (?) to acting because he is a natural, embodying Yi San. I just love when his grandfather calls him "San".

Can't wait for episode 10.  Fighting!

• Like 3

There’s a lot to be said about this drama. But I had to jump in (I usually just lurk) and say that I find the court lady’s friendship so refreshing. This is a back to basics historical, which I love and missed, but it’s also giving us some refreshing storylines. I love the lower level court ladies, I love that it isn’t a traditional love triangle. The drama that happens comes from realistic places. With RSC I’m tense and on the edge of my seat but in a good way. Plus the acting is stellar and flows. 

Edited by Soshi831
  • Like 2

Ok, now I really want to come out of hybernation and this lovely drama made me do so.  Excellent acting by the leads esp.  Junho.  I know he is an excellent actor but not to this level.  His different expressions and the way he delivers himself in each scene is classy.  I know how it's going to end(thanks to spoilers in MDL and also the comparisons posted there between novel and dra) I am preparing myself for box of tissues.  I need to mention LSY also that she is super good as DI and after a long time acting from her young days, this may be her best break out role in her career.  Looking forward to the upcoming episodes and i am happy that we have 1 ep. Extension and i think Junho will be the one to dominate that ep. With his superb acting. 

PS: @mskololia1,  junho in not a new actor.  If you browse his previous works all are above 8+ pointers.  An excellent actors whose previous works is a must watch.  

• Like 4

Meanwhile, MBC’s “The Red Sleeve” continued its impressive streak at the top of its own time slot, earning a nationwide average of 10.2 percent for its latest episode.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/happiness-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-uncle-the-king-of-tears-lee-bang-won-kick-off-the-red-sleeve-continue/#ixzz7EoEBJ0dz

Second Batch of OST teasers

14 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

Hello,

I decided to de-cloak and chime in because I really enjoy watching the interactions of this couple, dementia plagued king/grandfather, spoiled daughter and court ladies.

Reveal hidden contents

In episode 9 San was searching her eyes and expression to see if there were inroads into DI's heart.  His letting her hand go was similar to telling her while she slept he could take her but she really did look peaceful and at home. 

I look forward to weekly releases and will miss this drama when it ends.  Here's hoping the 1 episode added will continue to satisfy.

Also, reading various posts, the ML is really good in this role and I am surprised he's new (?) to acting because he is a natural, embodying Yi San. I just love when his grandfather calls him "San".

Can't wait for episode 10.  Fighting!

I really fine the relationship of San with his grandfather so interesting. same with his mother and his aunt and even his view on his father.  

Also interesting is King JeongJo's interaction, relationship and history with Court Lady Jo. these two are really so fun to watch

About Junho, he is not new to acting (4th ML role in a drama), nor to saguek genre cause he has done it in a few movies previously. But he has just comeback so this is his first role as a comeback drama.

10 hours ago, Soshi831 said:

There’s a lot to be said about this drama. But I had to jump in (I usually just lurk) and say that I find the court lady’s friendship so refreshing. This is a back to basics historical, which I love and missed, but it’s also giving us some refreshing storylines. I love the lower level court ladies, I love that it isn’t a traditional love triangle. The drama that happens comes from realistic places. With RSC I’m tense and on the edge of my seat but in a good way. Plus the acting is stellar and flows. 

The courtlady or gungnyeo 4 is really so nice to watch. takes you back to Jewel in the palace with Jang-Geum and his friendship with Shinbi and Yeon-Saeng. 

The one thing that was given a twist about the court ladies was probably the sasaeng courtladies which was a such a hoot to watch... well as well as the cult organization.

9 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Haven't enjoyed a historical drama like this one in a while.The acting and the writing flows well in tandem.Hope we get more San and DK scenes once he ascends the throne.

I also hope so, but basing form the preview, it kinda dives in more on the political turmoil which is understandable since it is a major plot line for San to ascend the throne as King Yeongjo, his grandfather dies...

Episode 11 Preview

• Like 4

The music scores along with the stellar acting had me on edge in episode 10. We swayed from mesmerizing to tantalizing.  OMO, what a drama. ..

At first I thought Senior court lady Jo was insane but no just disgruntled. She's too far in with messing with the king's court to be delivered.

Spoiler

OMGGGG! Is this a preview of what’s the finale of The Red Sleeve?????? Been hoping  for a happy ending for Yisan and Deokim even just for the sake of this drama - though i am fully aware of the history of their love story….still deep in my fanatic heart i have been rooting for them to have a happy ending since day one. :cry:

• Sad 2

On 12/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, hallee said:
OMGGGG! Is this a preview of what’s the finale of The Red Sleeve?????? Been hoping  for a happy ending for Yisan and Deokim even just for the sake of this drama - though i am fully aware of the history of their love story….still deep in my fanatic heart i have been rooting for them to have a happy ending since day one.