[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Master Of My Own 请叫我总监

sugarplum892

18 hours ago, jadore1 said:

the 2nd couple to start their relationship

Very happy for them:wub:

On 5/6/2022 at 1:00 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

He keep telling Ning that Mr. Su seem shady LoL. Don't know if he says that out of jealousy or he sense bad vibes while doing business with the guy??

I think it was both. He is unconsciously jealous and consciously against the project.

I actually don't know if I'm 100% happy with

Spoiler

that accidental kiss

I understand that would create a new emotional level of relationship for 2 leads, but it's so obvious and "cliche"... 

BTW, we are practically half way through the drama, so they better move the plot faster :D

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

BTW, we are practically half way through the drama, so they better move the plot faster :D

I know right? I am surprised at the pace of this drama. It seems the male lead is still in denial or not even aware that he may have feelings for the female lead. I do not like that it took the appearance of another possible "suitor" to make him aware of his feelings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

it took the appearance of another possible "suitor" to make him aware of his feelings. 

Well, IMO it's still better than that accidental kiss:D. My "Jin Ke" is soo tall and handsome, definitely a worthy rival not to be underestimated :wub:.  BTW, were is he? I hoped he would at least called Ning Meng to make Ming Ming more nervous, but he was absent from the last episodes :(

• Like 1

ep 15   This stage of relationships is sometimes my favourite ...they are doing due diligence and I don't mind , I like the angst, the uncertainty, the giddiness and the memory of the accidental kiss. Even though it was accidental,  it :kiss_wink: must have packed a hell of a punch since both of them certainly dwell on it quite a bit.  I think I would sing them another song for this ep...Do I stay or do I go LOL   @leo2020 I don't think your Jin Ke stands a chance :smiley:

• LOL 1

@leo2020 

The kiss didn't bother me as much as most of the posters here do eheh. It was cliche yes but I was more worried for Ning's safety! Like she could have tripped and had a bad fall those were glass bottles y'know?

They both acted like pubescent teens after the kiss LoL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Shock, Disbelief, Loss...in one second this little actress portrayed all these emotions ...Tan Song Yun you rock :star:    end of ep 16 has our NM feeling so many emotions when LM allowed another woman to be with him so comfortably in a hug that if she has any doubts about her feelings, they sidelined her totally and right now she is 100% vulnerable . I can't wait for ep 17 to see how she absorbs this . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Shock, Disbelief, Loss...in one second this little actress portrayed all these emotions ...Tan Song Yun you rock :star:    end of ep 16 has our NM feeling so many emotions when LM allowed another woman to be with him so comfortably in a hug that if she has any doubts about her feelings, they sidelined her totally and right now she is 100% vulnerable . I can't wait for ep 17 to see how she absorbs this . 

I wanted to see how FL was going to react following the entry of the SFL, and so much the better, she decided to distance herself from ML and no longer rely on his advice only, I like the way she is moving forward, in other drama she would be crying in her room lol

but i read some comments about SML, he seems he will be antagonist against ML, i don't know if it's true

• Like 2

ep 17/18   Our little Lemon is pure gold....I love her analysis of the situation (personal and professional)  and I love her decisions .   I am praising this drama for the acting , but I should also give credit to this director and writer for sharing with us good visions and good possibilities that are possible in this field.  I also have to say I love the teddy bear Mobi owner , what a beautiful soul , what a beautiful man :heart:

• Like 2

Loved ep 19/20... both ML and FL have the chance of getting their relationships with their first loves going, but some hesitations are there.  Each pair needs time to see where the relationship would go with their own respective first loves.  ML's jealousy of the FL and SML's date was so endearing, though he still doesn't know it is jealousy :) :) .  I can't wait for the next set of episodes! This drama is really nailing it!

• Like 1

ep 19 Ning Meng's presentation was super organized , appropriate and totally professional :thumbsup:and the   promotion honestly deserved ...it was a pleasure to watch .  Did you guys see Mr Lu melting at her presentation ...he was enthralled Hehe  

I was going to apologize for my misgivings about her school girlfriend but now I still don't like her meddling personality ....I know she is nice , but she is not the brightest tool in the shed by spilling the teenage secrets .... it has been 10 years and our little Lemon is not a  charity case or in need of matchmakers ....and then the ride home   Mr. Zeng does the same exposing Mr Lu's personal details to that extent . 

ep 20 and sure enough both FL and ML had to deal with untimely declarations  that are so out of date  and  unsuitable.   Ms Han is very sensitive and  volcano's authentic  character would not be healing,   and how long can he tiptoe around pretending that he is gentle and kind LOL .   As for Mr Su , i don't know what he is hiding or what his motive is,  but it aint love .   We have 12 ep left ..

Spoiler

.in  the trailer somebody is wearing orange suit and handcuffs ...who is it? 

• LOL 1

I am really loving this show & I have a girl crush on NM. Her character is just so lovely no wonder grumpy Grinch LJM has also unknowingly fallen for her. 

I binged epis 13-20 & I really like the progression. 2 epis have an overarching plot. 

Epi 13-14 were about LJM getting to know NM outside of her role as his secretary & NM personally seeing LJM care for her. Though the accidental kiss was cliche but I think it was necessary for this pair. LJM has an emotional range of a teaspoon & NM was consciously always maintaining boundary with him. So though subconsciously feelings have been developing for some time now this physical spark was required to consciously make them think about each other in a romantic light.

Epi 15-16 were about both of them trying to get a handle on the sudden awareness & avoidance. They tried to stay away from each other but failed by fate & also by their own will. 

Epi 17-18 was about LJM's past crush coming back & how it led to NM realising her own feelings. She tried to distance herself professionally from LJM but that led to an enlightening realisation about how her connection to LJM has been one of the factors that Ms. shiyi has been so generous with her. I felt really proud of her when she chose to move out of her boss's flat so that she doesn't feel obligated to always be the link to LJM. Her investment project arc was also really well done. 

On first watch I thought LJM completely forgot about NM after YM's arrival. But a second watch gave me a different perspective. LJM is protective about his people & YM was going through a hard time so he made himself available for her. Of course he also puts her on a pedestal as she is the one on whom he feelings for so long. I also thought he delayed giving his opinion on NM's project because he was finding it difficult to give it a negative response. He 1st sent it to his bf then himself reviewed it. But he didn't send his response. NM had to arrange another meeting to get his opinion. 

Epi 19-20 was about some professional achievement for NM. I am glad that the makers decided to let NM & LJM have a chance of being with their past crushes. They will realise that they like each other despite the option of being able to have a relationship with their crushes. LJM especially needed this because he believed for so long that he will always be in love with YM while he developed feelings for NM unknowingly. I have especially liked that until now the makers have not turned YM & SW into the typical SLs who plan & plot against the leads. They are perfectly decent people but they are just not the right person for the leads. So many little things in epi 20 showed how despite having history with the SLs they are not compatible with them even if they want to give it a try. 

I also need to give a shout out to the bffs of LJM & NM. They do give great advice to each of their bffs. No one is trying to force them to be together with anyone. 

One thing that stood out to me was that how people seem to believe that NM & YM can handle LJM. YM can handle him because he suppresses his real personality to only show her his best side. NM can handle him in a true sense with his grumpy Grinch personality. NM's influence on LJM has always been talked about in the show but the last few epis gave it much more clarity.

• Like 4

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Master Of My Own 请叫我总监, premiered April 29, starring Kenny Lin and Seven Tan

I'm goin' to miss Yi Meng, she was a classy lady & a "nice" sfl in c-dramas thus far LoL. 

As in most c-dramas.. they normally have cp pair up almost toward the end. After 22 ep., I think realization hits Lu. 

Still don't know how I feel on Su though LoL.. He's so meh LoL. Also the typical Mr. Perfect, does & says all the right things. 

I didn't like how Su kept insisting they were right for e.o. He just pushes forward despite her turning him down. On the other I am pleased to see the growth in Ning she has come so far. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I'm goin' to miss Yi Meng, she was a classy lady & a "nice" sfl in c-dramas thus far LoL. 

As in most c-dramas.. they normally have cp pair up almost toward the end. After 22 ep., I think realization hits Lu. 

Still don't know how I feel on Su though LoL.. He's so meh LoL. Also the typical Mr. Perfect, does & says all the right things. 

I didn't like how Su kept insisting they were right for e.o. He just pushes forward despite her turning him down. On the other I am pleased to see the growth in Ning she has come so far. 

Spoiler

Trailer shows the real Mr Su coming forward....it looks like he is insecure, stuck in the past trauma and past love life , and quite dictatorial .  

What a woman, our Lemon is pure juice ...she is not falling for ML's change of heart ....buddy you have over 20 episodes of nasty to clean up before she will make you noodles again .   

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

ep 23 & 24   Mr Lu was an a$$hole but current boyfriend is a maggot ...this guy is soooo toxic that he is making Mr. Lu into a saint ...at least an honest a$$hole compared to dishonest boyfriend .   Thank god NM is balanced with healthy soul and mind and thank god she is analyzing and doing due diligence before she picks life partner.  At the end of ep 24 we see girlfriends husband partaking too much in the company of his colleagues in halter dresses ..coming to the big city he is playing a big man . Since I have a bone to pick with the girlfriend over NM , seeing her rose tinted glasses being fogged I am waiting to see how NM will help her . 

• Like 2

ep 25&26   These two episodes were  more about all the people around our ML and FL  , two of them had barely few minutes together .   My aim is to see her leave the 'boyfriend' ...don't like the guy, don't like his fake attentiveness ...I wonder if push comes to shove is he going to tell NM that he was only using her after he saw how close she was to ML..I remember his face when he saw NM key in and open ML's door .