[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

42회 미리보기 

예슬은 가수의 꿈을 관두기로 결심하고, 반대하는 광식과 부딪힌다.

기진은 김사장을 장인어른으로 모시고, 김사장은 돈을 요구하기 시작하는데..!

Ep. 42 Text Preview translated:

Ye-Seul decides to give up on his singer dreams and fights with Gwang-Sik who opposes his decision.

Gi-Jin begins to treat Kim Sa-Jang as his father-in-law and Kim Sa-Jang begins to ask for money..!

--

It's just ridiculous that Gwang-Sik would call Ye-Seul and ruin his audition.

Of course Gwang-Tae's bio-father turns out to be a grifter. I guess being a leech is hereditary.

Really hate Byeon-Ho's mom. They should kick her out.

Taeng-Ja and her funny relationship with Gong-Chae continues to be delightful.

--

Anyway, for anyone who wants to know what happened without watching:

- Gwang-Tae is pregnant.

- Paternity test confirms that Gwang-Tae is that guy's daughter.

- Dol-Shwe collapses suddenly. Turns out he has some sort of brain aneurysm or tumor or something, so he needed surgery. (His surgeon is Min Deul-Lae, because apparently Korea has no other doctors.)

- Gwang-Nam does in-vitro in secret. She stays in a motel one night with Byeon-Ho because she is in a lot of pain after the procedure.

Byeon-Ho's mother is being a giant B as always.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 1

Byun-ho's mother says she tried being nice. When, lady? What a horrible woman.

I knew Gi-jin was an idiot but anyone with eyes could see Gwang-tae's bio father showed up now for the money. 

I know Ye-seul would feel horrible if his dad died while he was auditioning, but when Gwang-sik heard he was next up, maybe she could have waited. It's not like he could do anything for his dad at the hospital. His married life has sure been fun. Byun-ho and Gi-jin left him out and Gwang-sik obsesses about bills and her sister's money. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

If it makes anyone feel better, Ye-Seul will be just fine and successful eventually.

How many times has his career been screwed up for completely avoidable, contrived reasons? He'll be fine by Episode 50 and hit it big with that "ok, ok" song.

Cheol-Su (the father) will probably finally "permit" Dol-Shwe and Bong-Ja to be together. It's idiotic that they can't be together and I don't understand why anyone needs Cheol-Su's permission for anything.

I think it may be true that Blessing is not Byeon-Ho's biological child. The only effect that will have on their family is that it will shut his mother up finally. (Thank goodness.) Byeon-Ho and Gwang-Nam will continue to love Blessing as their own child. And this writer has decided that her thing is killing off a character and blaming everything bad on the dead person, so this tracks.

While I hate Byeon-Ho's mother, I like what Byeon-Ho is doing. He doesn't care that his mother hates Gwang-Nam. He will live with her, have a wedding with her, and procreate with her. This is what everyone in Korea needs to learn how to do - just live your own life and not let your ignorant parent(s) interfere. But he should do more to protect her.

I hope Gwang-Tae will finally stop being an obnoxious brat when she finds out her bio-dad is sucking her husband dry.

Oh, there was one LOL moment. On Gwang-Tae's DNA report, it said that her bio-dad's name is NA CHI-BEOM, which sounds like 납치범 (nap-chi-beom), which means "abductor."

[ETA: This is probably some kind of clue that he is lying about something.]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chickfactor said:

If it makes anyone feel better, Ye-Seul will be just fine and successful eventually.

How many times has his career been screwed up for completely avoidable, contrived reasons? He'll be fine by Episode 50 and hit it big with that "ok, ok" song.

Cheol-Su (the father) will probably finally "permit" Dol-Shwe and Bong-Ja to be together. It's idiotic that they can't be together and I don't understand why anyone needs Cheol-Su's permission for anything.

I think it may be true that Blessing is not Byeon-Ho's biological child. The only effect that will have on their family is that it will shut his mother up finally. (Thank goodness.) Byeon-Ho and Gwang-Nam will continue to love Blessing as their own child. And this writer has decided that her thing is killing off a character and blaming everything bad on the dead person, so this tracks.

While I hate Byeon-Ho's mother, I like what Byeon-Ho is doing. He doesn't care that his mother hates Gwang-Nam. He will live with her, have a wedding with her, and procreate with her. This is what everyone in Korea needs to learn how to do - just live your own life and not let your ignorant parent(s) interfere. But he should do more to protect her.

I hope Gwang-Tae will finally stop being an obnoxious brat when she finds out her bio-dad is sucking her husband dry.

Oh, there was one LOL moment. On Gwang-Tae's DNA report, it said that her bio-dad's name is NA CHI-BEOM, which sounds like 납치범 (nap-chi-beom), which means "abductor."

[ETA: This is probably some kind of clue that he is lying about something.]

Do you think there's a chance that he is lying about the DNA and he's actually not the father and her real father is her father?

• Like 1

This is a Korean youtuber (Dramacula)'s guess about Bong-Ja and Dol-Shwe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Do494gx9A&t=29s&ab_channel=드라마큘라Dramacula

This video confirms that there is no legal problem with Bong-Ja and Dol-Shwe marrying even if Ye-Seul and Gwang-Sik are married. He even cited Korean law to establish this point.

The only impediment to their marriage is that Cheol-Su is opposed to it because he is from a "yangban" family. This reviewer confirms further that as Bong-Ja's brother-in-law, he doesn't have any right to dictate who she can marry.

I don't think this show in any way merits this much deep analysis, but this has been bugging me for a while. There is no reason Bong-Ja can't marry Dol-Shwe and Cheol-Su has no right to interfere with her life.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

They opened his skull but his hair is not shaved? This drama is a mess!

It's always like that..Advanced technolgy indeed ..  in kdrama not in RL :D
if you watch Mouse series, they did brain transplant without shaving the hair of Jung Ba-Reum.

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Ye-seul goes back to singing and doesn't give up

Since he's starting a family, the very logic reason is find money first. also, the doctor said, his vocal cords are broken

• LOL 1

I'm so ready to be done with these characters.

I know weekend dramas end on a kumbaya note but there is no way they can convince me that Gwang-nam will not have a miserable life with that witch for a MIL. Byun-ho should have kicked her out when she started in again about how Gwang-nam was some kind of dirty, faithless RickRoll'D because she might have slept with another man while divorced.

I can't with Ye-seul's dad talking about going to a nursing home and nobody just being like who cares what Cheol-Su or anybody else says. Marry Bong-ja. I know it will happen in the end but it's ridiculous that he's sharing that little room with Cheol-Su.

At least Ye-seul got his big break.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, qynn said:

I'm so ready to be done with these characters.

I know weekend dramas end on a kumbaya note but there is no way they can convince me that Gwang-nam will not have a miserable life with that witch for a MIL. Byun-ho should have kicked her out when she started in again about how Gwang-nam was some kind of dirty, faithless RickRoll'D because she might have slept with another man while divorced.

I can't with Ye-seul's dad talking about going to a nursing home and nobody just being like who cares what Cheol-Su or anybody else says. Marry Bong-ja. I know it will happen in the end but it's ridiculous that he's sharing that little room with Cheol-Su.

At least Ye-seul got his big break.

Why does Gwangnam live with her MIL? It is exasperating.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Why does Gwangnam live with her MIL? It is exasperating.

Her mother-in-law probably won't leave or cutout herself holding down the fort for Maria. She likely would have had the same personality from the beginning had she known that her son's wife didn't want to have children. She humbled before the divorce and before she found out her son had a child because she thought her son can give children. Now she is as likely acting like she would have from the bebeginning. Gwangnam did treat her mother-in-law dirty during their 1st marriage and now the mother-in-law has turned the tables. Personally, I think they need to sell Maria's apartment and move somewhere else and then send mother-in-law back home with the visitation once a month of her grandson. I'm still waiting and hoping on the possible bombshell (if they ever do it) that Blessing is really not his son.

• Like 1