[Drama 2021] Revolutionary Sisters, 오케이 광자매

SC2019

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yeah, that is what it looks like eh.

It was just a fleeting thought on my mind when the show first started and when I had made up my mind that I was going to drop it. I continued to watch it and got to thinking, Cheol Soo was working out of the country a lot and his wife had proven herself to be a free-spirited drunkard, what is the likelihood that those are his kids? But what kind of reinforced it is when we found out that she cheated on her husband and was willing to commit insurance fraud with the man that was only using her for money. It is too late in the game to be having DNA father birth secret revealed with about three episodes left, it will not be any justice involved.

I'm still hoping that magically they are all his biological children. But this specific writer tends to write the most extreme dysfunctional family scenarios per her past history. Out of all her dramas, this one is the most extreme.

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

It was just a fleeting thought on my mind when the show first started and when I had made up my mind that I was going to drop it. I continued to watch it and got to thinking, Cheol Soo was working out of the country a lot and his wife had proven herself to be a free-spirited drunkard, what is the likelihood that those are his kids? But what kind of reinforced it is when we found out that she cheated on her husband and was willing to commit insurance fraud with the man that was only using her for money. It is too late in the game to be having DNA father birth secret revealed with about three episodes left, it will not be any justice involved.

I'm still hoping that magically they are all his biological children. But this specific writer tends to write the most extreme dysfunctional family scenarios per her past history. Out of all her dramas, this one is the most extreme.

Yeah I agree with @TheQueenReturn I don't why do this storyline with not many episodes to go. I hope he is the biological father as well.

• Like 1

Episodes were extended to 51.

Second, where I live. one of the three places this drama is aired at is Kocowa. On this site, after episode 10, the next two episodes are listed as Special Episode 1 and Special Episode 2 - not episodes 11 and 12. So, the episode listed on August 29 is episode 45. Also on Viki  the latest episode is 45. Now there are 6 episodes left till the end of the drama. Five or six more episodes makes more sense to end this drama. The last one probably a time jump - showing the second baby, a girl.

As far as being a biological father; yes it takes one to make a child but not one to make a dad. I wouldn't be surprised if all the sisters dad's were from different biological fathers but I'm sure they wouldn't trade the dad they have had by their sides all their lives for anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3

6 hours ago, hyall said:

I watched Our Gab Soon which was by the same writer. I think I need a medal for finishing it.

Me too. And that drama in comparison to this one is less extreme. I'll give the writer this credit, she does give her actors work and you will notice that in many of her dramas she carries over at least five to the next. For example, Gwan Nam's husband and MIL, Auntie, Trashy Auntie, and Ye Seul's dad.

• Insightful 1

22 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Me too. And that drama in comparison to this one is less extreme. I'll give the writer this credit, she does give her actors work and you will notice that in many of her dramas she carries over at least five to the next. For example, Gwan Nam's husband and MIL, Auntie, Trashy Auntie, and Ye Seul's dad.

I also watched her Wang's Family and Three Brothers. That is a hat trick already. I must say Wang family was quite addictive. I don't know what it is about her dramas but once you start it you find it hard to stop watching even when you hate it.

• Like 2

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

46회 미리보기 
광자매는 영희를 찾아가 어떤 사람인지 살피고,
탱자는 공채를 가족들에게 정식으로 인사시킨다.
한편, 광식은 예슬이 집안일에 소홀해지자 서운함을 느끼는데..!

--

Episode 46 text preview translated

The Gwang sisters go to visit Yeong-Hui to see what sort of person she is.

Taeng-Ja officially introduces Gong-Chae to her family.

Gwang-Sik is sad because Ye-Seul begins to neglect housework.

• Thanks 2

Thoughts.

I'm happy Ye-Seul is having success as a singer. But I thought his vocal cords are damaged or something? Did they just forget about that? I sure hope so because there are only 6 more episodes left and it sure took long enough for this storyline to come this far, so do they even have the time to show him fail yet again only to overcome yet another obstacle?

I can't believe that Gwang-Sik is actually feeling jealous of Ye-Seul's success. Or that she was jealous of Gwang-Tae's newfound wealth by marrying into a loan shark family. Seriously, she seems to be the more normal of the sisters, but she has these completely boneheaded moments that I just can't relate to whatsoever.

I like Pung-Jin and Gi-Jin, and I understand that they grew up as dirt-poor orphans who struggled to survive. But loan sharking is a very shady thing to do and all that money was earned by the merciless sucking the blood of poor people.

Wow, Cheol Su is not the father of any of the Gwang sisters. Is that supposed to be scandalous? Their mother is trash, this is not surprising. And this writer's trick is to lay the blame for everything on the dead person.

And yet, Byeon-Ho's mother remains the absolute worst. Her shrill voice is giving me convulsions.

Taeng-Ja and her romance with Gong-Chae remains the best thing on this show.

• Like 1

Why do this writer insists on making the dead wife a sex fiend it is easy to crap on her because she is no longer alive. This drama would have been a lot more interesting if she gave more of a background as to why his wife was a bed hopper and downright abusive instead of seeing things in fragmented parts.

I have to make one clarification though, Aunt was not saying that she thought that the other daughters was someone else's, but that she was afraid that GT's grifter father will come at the other daughter's trying to make play to Grift more money. I still hope that the real father is also the biological father so that Grifter dad can be cut off at the knees. After Auntie's conversation with Cheol, she apologized for asking for mercy. It is his choice that he decided to raise the girl as his own, but the aunt is also a grifter as well because she keep on begging for mercy for her sister, even her younger sister without a lot of regard of what pain is causing the other person in her effort to try to fix things. For example, she is pushing for marriage her baby sister and that naive 27 yr old dad. Cheol Soo did dishonor his family by choosing an attractive by messed up woman and family for which he is responsible. 

I sympathize with the youngest daughter because her life will be crushed, but I still don't like her

• Like 1

I've found the last several episodes really uninteresting.  I'm still watching but I'd guess I'm fastforwarding through half of each episode.  I REALLY don't like that Ye-Seul is becoming such a self-absorbed jerk but I guess they have to tear down every character at some point.

• Like 1

Let me read correct the record all over again. So my original fleeting thought is accurate, all three of the girls have different biological fathers and the only child that was biologically his was his son that died in the fire.

SMH!

Cheol Soo, don't jump off the bridge!

Btw, this is cheap and crass writing.

• Like 1

GS bugged me more than Ye-seul.  GS wanted him to become famous but sulks the first time people want his autograph. She doesn't trust him. Ye-seul should pay more attention to GS but he finally achieved his dream and is caught up in it. I don't think he really has a roving eye. It's just an annoying storyline.

Of course Cheol Soo is not the biological father of any of the girls. Only the son who died. Another annoying storyline.

Yet another annoying storyline is the sisters telling Cheol Soo he can't date that woman, as she's obviously a fraud who is not really interested in him and will somehow ruin their husbands' careers. Good to see they are as self-centered as ever. 

Didn't really buy the MIL backing down just because of GN's drunken rant but whatever, I'm sick of her voice. 

• Like 1

https://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/oksisters/pc/index.html

48회 미리보기 
광남, 광식은 봉자에게 광자매 출생에 대한 충격적 사실을 듣는데..
서방들은 모여서 장인어른 생신축하파티를 기획하지만,
생일을 앞두고 철수가 사라져 나타나지 않는다!

Episode 48 text preview translated:

Gwang-Nam and Gwang-Sik hear shocking truth about their birth from Bong-Ja...

The sons-in-law gather to plan a birthday party for their father-in-law,

but Cheol-Su disappeared and does not come to the party!

--

Ugh, disgusted and bored with everyone on this show. What is new?

I like that Byeon-Ho's mother started being nice to Gwang-Nam after she got drunk and told her off. That is more emotionally satisfying than the revelation that Blessing is not Byeon-Ho's bio-child. (Not that it's very believable, but anything to stop hearing that nasty screeching from her.)

But apparently, this does mean that in this writer's world a man can be forced to have sex with someone when he is drunk and not remember a thing? This writer did this in two shows in a row. That's just ridiculous.

Gwang-Sik really has problems. She gets jealous of her sister for marrying a rich guy, then she gets jealous of her husband after he finally achieved success.

But really, WHAT is wrong with all three sisters? Insisting that their father stay single just in case Yeong-Hui turns out to be a grifter? What about their messed up lives? They have no right to judge anyone.

So let's see:

1. Gwang-Nam chose to marry a grifter even after finding out he was a sleaze because it would be embarrassing to cancel the wedding.

2. Gwang-Sik was married to a guy with a parasite family who sucked money out of her father and made him lose his house.

3. Gwang-Tae spent her whole life being chased by loan sharks, but she married into their family and acts stuck-up about it.

There's just no story arc here. Everyone is just terrible, no one ever learns anything, and everyone is stuck in a hell of their own making.

I was sad that Taeng-Ja wasn't there to sass them.

• Like 1