[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

This episode is full of feels. DamHwi, the reason of "we cannot be together" is enough but you had to do make it harsher by saying you don't share his feelings. And the date happened. It's so cute how both of them push each other to do fun things on the date. Their dates are always a sign of farewell.

It was the third option for King's reason to object the marriage which is he's afraid DamHwi will repeat his mistake. I don't know what to think of him, such a grey character. The princess selection begun and Soeun did particularly well. Soeun does make a great princess but she likes Jiwoon. Maybe she will pull out somehow and Hakyung got chosen because her character's purpose is for this plot point.

Gaon strikes again and Commander Yoon is growing more sure that Gaon is the assassin. I actually their chemistry the most especially with them knowing they are each other's greatest enemy. Hawk Hyun is a professional eavesdropper at this point. But it just hurts him more to see the love confession himself silently.

With this situation, there's nothing much DamHwi and Jiwoon can do. I lowkey want them to just date secretly even when she's married but I know they will not do that. That kiss scene in the preview gives me hope that they don't completely give up on their love yet :wub:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No doubt latest episode is the most heartbroken journey for the CP & Jiun so far.  Not only that, Hyun is also in so much pain as he has been holding his true feelings for the CP, and still is up to this point.  Seeing her in tears hurting him as well.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, QSD said:

No doubt latest episode is the most heartbroken journey for the CP & Jiun so far.  Not only that, Hyun is also in so much pain as he has been holding his true feelings for the CP, and still is up to this point.  Seeing her in tears hurting him as well.

I feel that Hyun might have been regrettting for not confessing his feeling earlier on, while Ji Un was *man* enough to do so in a such a short period of time... :D - Got me to thinking, if Ji Un did got together with a real male CP, who would be the ^female^ in it? It seems that Ji un would be that role:lol:

Hyun - He doesnt know that he cannot gift a woman shoes? Hence he is ^sending^ him away, hehe...not that he had any chace at all... or is that belief crated way after his time? Hehe...

One thing good about the drama is that... at least the leads did spend time together, more, when there were children rather than just a day's encounter - 'cough cough - Lovers of the Red Sky! - and developed feelings for each other...

I mean really, why is there a lot of dramas that focused on childhood love lines, from korean to china dramas? And is it believable? I dont remember people i know when i was 10 unless they are my relatives!:D

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

I would say so too that Jiun is the female role, assuming in his relationship with the CP in disguise still.  Not sure if Hyun gave her red shoes but in the preview the CP wearing them.  I didn’t even remember what I did at 10, so let alone in love affair. 

Nevertheless, yes I think in this drama they did interact some times together in the past and develop their love story enough for them to have had deep feelings for one another to adulthood.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

I mean really, why is there a lot of dramas that focused on childhood love lines, from korean to china dramas? And is it believable? I dont remember people i know when i was 10 unless they are my relatives!:D

I can remember my friends and things I did way back when I was 10... but I never had feelings or crushes back then.

However I can believe their feelings, considering she saved his life when they met and fell into the water, and how he gave her an actual name that I imagine really meant something to her. So they did more than meet they had a very emotional friendship that impacted them so very much.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, QSD said:

I didn’t even remember what I did at 10, so let alone in love affair. 

Right... im.sure we are too young to know its love* even...:D

9 hours ago, Tamakins said:

I can remember my friends and things I did way back when I was 10... but I never had feelings or crushes back then.

However I can believe their feelings, considering she saved his life when they met and fell into the water, and how he gave her an actual name that I imagine really meant something to her. So they did more than meet they had a very emotional friendship that impacted them so very much.

Yes, i did say that they interacted more than once hence its believable that they did have some feelings for each other, even if it just a crush.. hehe

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I am just now catching up and I love this drama for conveying that love is love. I laughed out loud at Jiun and feel for Hwi - she is totally trapped (she is willing to even go thru a marriage - how is this gonna work lol). 

Even Hyun, I keep thinking - you should have made your feelings know but now it’s too late! I do feel bad for the guy too.

These two episodes were def the calm before the storm. We are half-way already!

So many interesting ways this drama can go and so I hope they really amp up everything soon. This one hasn’t disappointed me yet so I am excited. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

I liked the calm and simply way in which Jiun said what he feels.

they made me laugh..     :D

Gaon knows who ordered his father's execution...in that scene when they were alone 

Gaon showed impatience, Jiun noticed it even though he was drunk..

KL___rowoon_andamp_byungchan_are_so_cute

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

Just finished episode 10. I'm like many of you - if the CP gets married to So Eun, how is that going to work? :wacko:

The scenes of the OTP are cute but I feel like we're at the cusp of the mid-series lull where there's always a separation.

More and more I'm impressed by the casting of the show. The actor playing the King plays his ambiguity so well. Glad we got to see His Majesty give some caring counsel to the CP today and treat her like his child. I can't wait for him to catch her wearing the red shoes.

• Like 6

https://kbizoom.com/the-kings-affection-beats-my-name-and-hometown-chachacha-to-becomes-the-top1-drama-on-netflix-korea/

Congrats - The King's Affection!:heart::wub:

And its just cute to see Rawoon  acting silly - girly  here

.. hence i mentioned earlier...if they are in BL drama, he is probably the ^girl^ in the relationship while CP is the ^man^... hahhaha

• Like 2