[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

13 minutes ago, starveri said:

Someone mentioned this somewhere else that they just hope Hyun/Jaeun don't die like some 2nd MLs in other historical dramas and I agree with that.

I was thinking about that earlier today, too. There are too many sageuks with evil Prime Ministers and the 2nd leads dying violent, horrible deaths. Would love to see this one have a happy ending for Jaeun. He's good for Joseon....don't kill him off, please!!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@QSD hwi saving ji un from falling into the pond was hilarious and adorable. loving the gifs, keep them coming.

i'm surprised that hyun has carried a torch for hwi since they were kids. i'm wondering if he thinks she's just a doppleganger and doesn't know they're related. i might be wrong about the family tree but first cousins are a bit too closely related no? either way, i do feel for him though since he can never act on his feelings. 

i'm also curious why the chief eunuch seems to have a higher standing than the vice minister of rites? i would think that as an appointed official he outranks the chief eunuch? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The king doesn’t seem supportive of the CP much for all these years.  I don’t recall him having a good fatherly love conversation with her.  He probably knew she is a girl.  Poor her.  Nice to see the tutor is there to comfort her.

@Backstreetboysfans:  That’s good then.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Soompi_X_7.jpg?width=589&height=589

cr. gm4queen

Yay!!! Great Job in solving the clues!!! :hooray2:

As a bonus, you get more Candies :piggydance:

TUWf.gif

Your Event Organizers

Original Post:

Spoiler

Chingus, the poll for episodes 7 and 8 is up, please don't forget to vote :hooray:

Your Friendly neighborhood and resident EOs,

@partyon, @agenth, @confusedheart, @Sleepy Owl

Edited by Sleepy Owl
Edited for Christmas event 2022
  • Like 5
  • Blob 3

12 hours ago, debbsthebee said:

l'm also curious why the chief eunuch seems to have a higher standing than the vice minister of rites? i would think that as an appointed official he outranks the chief eunuch? 

During China’s Ming Dynasty, some eunuchs reached high political standing as they were considered close to the Emperor and could influence his decisions. They acted as the spies for the Emperor and would carry out ‘unpleasant’ tasks on behalf of the Emperor. Some even had their own personal armies to help carry out these ‘unpleasant’ tasks. However, I was surprised to see in the drama that the eunuch ambassador was from Korea, so I looked it up and here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:

During Ming's early contentious relations with Joseon, when there were disputes such as competition for influence over the Jurchens in Manchuria, Korean officials were even flogged by Korean-born Ming eunuch ambassadors when their demands were not met.[80] Some of the ambassadors were arrogant, such as Sin Kwi-saeng who, in 1398, got drunk and brandished a knife at a dinner in the presence of the king.[81] Sino-Korean relations later became amiable, and Korean envoys' seating arrangement in the Ming court was always the highest among the tributaries.[80] Korea stopped sending human tribute after 1435.[80] A total of 198 eunuchs were sent from Korea to Ming.[82] The Ming eunuch hats were similar to the Korean royal hats, indicating the foreign origins of the Ming eunuchs, many of whom came from Southeast Asia and Korea.”

(Credit  : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuchs_in_China#Ming_dynasty)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Benefit of waiting to watch the drama after at least 8 episodes were aired... the excitement isnt cut short due to the unavailable episodes... :lol:

Watching ep5, it seemed clear that the cousin likes the crown prince... so he must know her identity as a female. 

Looking at the boys, all are taller than the Crown Prince:lol:

Sad that the Crown Prince seemed to dislike her young step brother, the step brother seemed happy to look up to him as an older brother but CP being catious dislike as the queen wants her death.. sigh... sad for the young prince...

After watching 5 episodes.. the scenes in the drama reminds me of Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds.. the buildings, the bridge... the house seemed to be the one in Arang and the Magistrate's... 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1