[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

2 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

That callback to Coffee Prince's hug was too funny.

The classic that shoot Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye to stardom :D ... sad that YEH couldnt find good projects to do after CP... sigh... being a CP lover, i remember finding my way to visit the cafe, which apparently was restricted if you dont buy anything in the cafe..... seeing that we were foreigners and bought coffee, they then allowed us to take photos upstairs :D

I still havent watched the episode... will do so after work:lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Somehow I feel bad for Hyun because he'll be the first to figure out that it was Hwi and Ji Un who are each other's first loves -- and encourage them to confess their feelings to each other. I feel like he will take it in stride, given the personality that is shown so far of him. 

Although I hope Ji Un knows the truth soon so they can share their love. I haven't read the webtoon, but I've read from here it's going a little bit different?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Will Hyun be nice and not bitter about the Crown Prince's 1st and last love ?... will see... it has another 8 episodes to go after tonight..more dramas to show..

I must say, SF Ro woon's acting is not bad... quite good for a somewhat idol- turned actor... while he didnt show much expression in Extraordinary You, here, he has all the right expressions ... bravo...

I thought his character was a darn good swordsman like his father but he didnt really show much of it?... i thought men would shun pink hanbook, but he looked nice in it...:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Our homeboy is lovesick but DamHwi is so calm about it on the outside at least. The candies-giving scene totally feels like Valentine's Day. Jiwoon is so giddy that he receives the candies but realizes it's just friendship candies. I literally burst out laughing at the lovesick diagnosis lol. And this phase always has the someone I know" bs with the guy friend seeing right through it and his sister gives genuine advice.

It's time for arranged marriage for our Crown Prince. I'm curious if evil grandpa's guess is right or did the King know the truth? Hakyung seems sweet and the girl will think she is living in a fairytale but she doesn't know she is not the main character and the Prince Charming is a princess. Two heartbroken bros hanging out by the river and then Hawk Hyun realizes Dami's real identity and first love. Will he play wingman for them or jealous of them?

OMG, Jiwoon confesses his feelings to DamHwi! Thank god, he's not in denial for too long and decides to confront it instead. He loves DamHwi truly not caring about her 'gender' and status. Please DamHwi, be honest and don't push him away. He wants to stay by your side and I know you want that too.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

@starveri ji un's disappointment at being friend-zoned was hilarious. I'm also extremely glad they didn't drag out ji un's denial for too long. his confession to hwi was so earnest and hwi having to reject him was just heartbreaking.

also the love pentagon is so complicated now. i'm with the king that having the minister of personnel as an ally would be great for hwi but i think she doesn't wanna force so eun knowing she likes someone else. that leaves hakyung who seems to be of good character but lacks a sharp wit required to survive in the palace. 

Next week's preview though, does the king find out about hwi after she cross dresses in the red shoes given to her by hyun? does that mean he comes clean about his feelings and knowing her secret? 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Of course Crown Prince spends a whole day with Ji Woon just to push him away after Ji Woon’s confession :bawling: I think it’s so sweet and amazing that Ji Woon accepted his feelings for Hwi despite being a “man” and crown prince. It’s rare to see the male lead in dramas do something like that and I’m glad that the drama went with this approach, with Ji Woon confessing before knowing Hwi is actually Dami..

I’m starting to feel bad for Hyun because he is slowly realizing that the Crown Prince has feelings for Ji Woon and discovered their past. He was listening to Ji Woon and Crown Prince whole conversation in the beginning of the episode too!

I’m just wondering when in the world will Ji Woon find out about Crown Prince being a woman?! Ji Woon isn’t the Crown Prince’s royal teacher anymore too so that will mean there will be some distance between them? but OMOMO the preview and Hwi and Ji Woon have a KISS SCENE!!! *GASPPP* I wonder if Ji Woon is kissing her because of his feelings for Hwi or did he perhaps figure out that Hwi is Dami? Also it looks like the King sees Hwi with her hair down and wearing the shoes that Hyun got her… Oh boy, things are gonna really start ramping up now! We are halfway through the drama now so I’m excited to see what will happen in the second half of the drama..

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

I have a feeling that the king already knows about her but I might be wrong. I feel bad for Hyung because he loves her and has done everything to protect her but she loves Ji Woon. I CAN'T WAIT for him to find out who she really is. My heart breaks for him because he is so in love and watching her having to pursue "his" future wife was so weird because in reality there's no way they can make an heir. I wonder what was the plan from the beginning to fool anyone including the wife to never find out about her being a woman. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Interesting it wasn’t a dream.  And it’s beautifully shot.  Right pacing.  Must admit the CP is attractive, especially her eyes.  Great size, nice shape and clearly bright.  The scene is really captivating.  Well-done.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

Just saw ep10... it was slow... and flashback took a lot of time..

But like the start of the episode, as the Crown Peince said, perhaps it would have been better if they didnt met each other at all... as it complicates their feelings now..

1. Im wondering what CP is going to do, if she is going to get married to the wife? What plan does she have?..... even if she agreed to the marriage. Not going to the bride's room on wedding day would not be a wise plot... the grandfather will sure make a huge fuss on it...

2. Ji Un decision to leave the palace is right. Under such circumstances what could he do?

3. Next episode looks more promising. With the death of a servant, the royal wedding can be postponed and gives more time for our couple to go back to each other...

And i do hope, by ep12, Ji Un knows CP's gender identity! :lol:

And whats with Gaon and the royal bodyguard... we are still not shown if Gaon is really the traitor.. hmm

• Like 5
  • Blob 1