[Drama 2021] Miss Monte Cristo, 미스 몬테크리스토

maribella

7 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So, simple testimony aside, how about witnesses ... last I checked Eun-Jo, Mr Wang, and Bo-Mi herself were present at Bo-Mi's assault ... thats 3 witnesses by my count that put Mr Na at the scene ... pretty solid there too

Mr Na does not have to defend himself here because I don't remember this.

SH heard his voice. He had gone to man's office. Look at him hobnobbing with his ex wife. I can identify him from his voice, that's what he should have told the police. NWD is a hoodlum, SH is an upstanding citizen. Of course, the police didn't know that he was fooled by a psycho for 5 years.

EJ would have  to tell the police, why she thought it was him of all the people in Seoul.

No matter how you look at it,  EJ has never met him openly, no connection. 
She should have got him into bankruptcy like Papa Ju.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

33 minutes ago, maribella said:

Mr Na does not have to defend himself here because I don't remember this.

... well thats certainly convenient :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, maribella said:

SH heard his voice. He had gone to man's office. Look at him hobnobbing with his ex wife. I can identify him from his voice, that's what he should have told the police. NWD is a hoodlum, SH is an upstanding citizen.

Here ... let me fix this for you ...

SH Ga-Heun heard his voice. He She had gone to the hospital to visit an injured Bo-Mi, an employee of her mothers company. Look at him hobnobbing with his ex wife. While holding her at knife point, he also admitted to Hoons kidnapping. I can identify him from his voice, that's what he SHE should have told the police. NWD is a hoodlum, Ga-Heun is an upstanding citizen and member of the executive team at Jewang Group. 

And AGAIN - Eun-Jo doesn't get a pass because she's out seeking revenge - she could've stopped him many times before he got to her mother - She chose not to, and her mother paid the price.

Quit trying to use Uni Oppa as a scapegoat - Eun-Jo is FAR from blameless

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Quit trying to use Uni Oppa as a scapegoat - Eun-Jo is FAR from blameless

Not s chance, Uni oppa himself said it was all his fault.... before and after he got stabbed. :tounge_wink:

@Lmangla poll time 

Uni oppa's fault for letting NWD run loose ( Y or N)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

38 minutes ago, maribella said:

Not s chance, Uni oppa himself said it was all his fault.... before and after he got stabbed.

Care to explain that? It would be exceedingly difficult for that to be true because ... A ) New Mom was still alive BEFORE he got stabbed, and ... B ) As of the end of the latest episode Uni Oppa doesn't know she's dead. 

Nice Try Stamp Stock Illustration 431582956

45 minutes ago, maribella said:

@Lmangla poll time 

Uni oppa's fault for letting NWD run loose ( Y or N)

LMFAO :lol: - Sure!  Can't believe you're still trying to blame the man for New Moms death, but Okay

I'm curious to see just how many others are going for the Gold in this particular round of Mental Gymnastics :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, msmy said:

Actually this could be the beginning of the end if Mr. Wang does get the majority shares to the competitors.  New Mom said the majority could call a board meeting, and as a block, they can restructure the company.  The whole Jewang group could be out and EJ put in a great place if she wants it.  I'm hoping the whole lot of the crime family is thrown to the curb and or prison.  What a newspaper headline that will be!  Too bad EJ is flaming out and the cleanup is left to others.  :angry:

am glad that we got a backstory for mr wang. most often we have no idea what motivates this extreme loyalty of these assistants who do all sorts of things. so it is nice to see the history behind mr. wang and new mom. based on the preview for tomorrow's episode, it looks like eun joo is flaming mad and has decided to complete the revenge of new mom against jewang group along with mr wang. she is now fully owning her ga heun persona without hesitation. it would have been lot more fun if we had seen that sooner... 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

So episode 90 is essentially a mourning montage ... that preview though -

Looks like the last 10 episodes are going to be Ga-Heun rage time - So all you revenge mongers who have endured the last 90 episodes, and are still here, it looks like your patience is about to be rewarded.

Did you see that? - Ice cold to Old Mom ... wow

And how about that Revenge Board ... why are Grandma & DF Oppa on it?  :unsure:

I have a feeling this drama is about to go Epicly sideways ( more than it has, that is ), but it should prove entertaining 

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

So where will the maid put the painting with the camera inside next?  I'm hoping it was in HR's room capturing all her blabber to SR... she pretty much admitted to everything.:smirk:

And revealing the will should be interesting.  EJ should be in command now.  Too bad the plan to "decimate Jewang Group" didn't come about 10 episodes ago since there is plenty of evil to do to numerous people.  I don't understand the SR's dad revenge when he is now tripping around like he's doing just fine.  I thought he was addicted to drugs and on the ropes, but he's busy trying to win over SH's mother.

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

3 minutes ago, msmy said:

So where will the maid put the painting with the camera inside next?  I'm hoping it was in HR's room capturing all her blabber to SR... she pretty much admitted to everything.:smirk:

And revealing the will should be interesting.  EJ should be in command now.  Too bad the plan to "decimate Jewang Group" didn't come about 10 episodes ago since there is plenty of evil to do to numerous people.  I don't understand the SR's dad revenge when he is now tripping around like he's doing just fine.  I thought he was addicted to drugs and on the ropes, but he's busy trying to win over SH's mother.

Just for the restaurant. He hasn't paid for swindling EJ's family, only losing the wealth he has swindled.

But then NWD is walking around freely, and Geum too.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:04 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

What?:huh: .... "Thanks SH"? 

Okay all you selective outragers, lets review shall we ....

1 - Eun-Jo/Ms M knew it was Na Wook Do who tried to bury her alive .... but didn't report him

2 - Eun-Jo/Ms M knew it was Na Wook Do who assaulted Bo-Mi .... but didn't report him

3 - Eun-Jo/Ms M knew it was Na Wook Do who kidnapped Hoon .... but didn't report him

4 - MOST IMPORTANT - Eun-Jo/Ms M knew it was Na Wook Do who stabbed Uni Oppa BEFORE he even got out of surgery .... but STILL didn't report him

... but now you want to dump New Mom's (apparent) death at Uni Oppa's feet for not reporting him???

Earlier in the series, I've said that at that point both men (Uni & Disco oppa) were not worthy of EJ. Back then I proposed New Mom's bodyguard aka Mr Wang as a potential love interest. But now I'll say that Ms M is unworthy of any of them.

For an avenger, she lacks the resolute. Thus she made many, many errors and flipped the advantage she initially had to her enemies.

I suppose the show wanted to create a cold heroine who was scarred by a past betrayal, but in the revenge process discovered she still has that warmth she thought was long gone, but due to the weak story telling and character development, the heroine ended up like a mad b****h. Because the heroine is so messed up, the villain had to be one dimensional pure evil and every other character became random stupidity.

Too bad. The premise of the show, The Tale of Count Monte Cristo is among the most loved revenge literature available.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

And how about that Revenge Board ... why are Grandma & DF Oppa on it?  :unsure:

It seemed like it had everyone except her mom, brother, and Bomi. I think I saw SH on it too. 

My guess is anyone that would stop her from destroying Jewang group is on the board. Even though SH loves EJ and wants to help her revenge I don't think he will agree to destroy Jewang group because of HJ. 

Also is she talking about destroying the company, meaning put a lot of people out of work. I wonder if that will make her hesitate. 

My guess is at the end she will not destroy Jewang group completely. Something will hold her back. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

It seemed like it had everyone except her mom, brother, and Bomi. I think I saw SH on it too. 

My guess is anyone that would stop her from destroying Jewang group is on the board. Even though SH loves EJ and wants to help her revenge I don't think he will agree to destroy Jewang group because of HJ. 

Also is she talking about destroying the company, meaning put a lot of people out of work. I wonder if that will make her hesitate. 

My guess is at the end she will not destroy Jewang group completely. Something will hold her back. 

I thought Uni Oppa was on it too, but he's not - Its going to be interesting to see the confrontation between Eun-Jo, and the Oppa brothers.  DF Oppa will serve up EvilStepMom without a second thought but what happens when Eun-Jo comes for his Dad?  She will have the evidence + Mr Na's forced confession from the looks of the preview - will DF Oppa give up his father?  If Eun-Jo gets the company shares via New Mom's will, she can call a board meeting just like New Mom was going to do, and have DF Oppa removed.

The only way I see the situation being diffused is if the Oppa brothers act before Eun-Jo can - Uni Oppa already has the goods on EvilStepMom & Se-Rin/Papa Ju for money laundering - If Grandma gives the recording of Dad to DF Oppa, he can turn him and Mr Na over to law enforcement before Eun-Jo can do something more drastic - Ha-Ra gets taken out somewhere in between.

I think next week we see escalating conflict as Eun-Jo rages until a Friday cliffhanger where someone unintentionally gets hurt badly by Eun-Jo's own actions - Im guessing one of the Oppa brothers, or maybe Old Mom

The final week will be the fallout as 1 by 1 friends abandon Eun-Jo until a peace offering is made - Jewang Group is renamed Oman Group for New Mom

-The End-

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

will our wish for a proper revenge be finally answered in the last 10 episodes? who knows!!!!!!

started the thread for the next drama lined up and it looks intense. especially the two actresses who always give intense, crazy, focused, mean but vulnerable kind of performances where you can't stand them but still feel for them kind of reaction. should be interesting....

• Like 1
  • Love 3

TP is going to lead another show.

It seems that Kdramas are bringing in more physically and mentally challenged roles. CSR. But the actors are normal actors. 
A good supper, Monte Cristo, undercover.

I hope EJ goes all the way, crush Jewang. Disco oppa will be on the way to the US or Europe at the end. Uni oppa? He did say to himself that he wants to be around EJ, after she was humiliated... I think.

If it's going to be didactic, the title should be illustrative like Revenge breeds revenge or Miss Monte Cristo redeemed... and not try to fool us with halfbaked scripts. They've killed off New mum to make way for EJ or to pull her back before her coup de grace? 

In the Promise, the evil woman who let her mum die, duped her father into playing dad to her b...d, abused her ... among the things LYR suffered, the woman got down on her knees to beg a kidney from her. She said no but then gave in. So I think the same scenario will be seen here. I just hope it's not one of three witches, who really deserve to hang. They are all murderers. OBG is revealed as a murderer too, so join them.

I felt queasy to see Mama Cha and Papa Ju  shopped for his clothes. She is a feisty, straight talking single mother, why did they turn her into that? With him too? He's funny just like Mr Na, but as a crook.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, maribella said:

They've killed off New mum to make way for EJ or to pull her back before her coup de grace? 

it was to make eun joo realize that she is ga heun and there is no turning back. at least thats what I got after watching the episode. you know I was surprised by how deep eun joo's grief was at losing new mom. for so long, it seemed that new mom was just her benefactor but eun joo wouldn't have a problem leaving behind new mom. thats what everyone kept hinting -- she will return to being eun joo and it will be time reversal. except now we are seeing that cannot be the case. 

bomi is shocked that eun joo went willingly back. mom is confused but she along with everyone else is going to realize that eun joo loved new mom. so this is not just loyalty on her part motivating her to complete new mom's lifelong grudge but rather love and loss. eun joo had already felt a sense of emptiness at going back to the spot of her old life without completing her revenge. a part of her already felt unease and upset at going back.

with mom, eun joo did not have a balanced child-adult relationship. because mom is slightly off kilter and eun gyul is mentally challenged, eun joo was in sense the mom of that family. she was the adult. whereas with new mom, she was the child and new mom was the adult. she was being protected, being guided, being taught by new mom. there was a genuine love between the two and now eun joo is feeling that loss deeply. once the others realize that new mom wasn't just a benefactor, they will realize how complicated it is for her. 

in the voiceover with mr wang, new mom says that grief and happiness are both temporary but whoever feels the deepest grief will appreciate happiness more. weirdly enough, no one -- mom, eun gyul, bomi, sun hyuk -- really understood the grief of eun joo at the losses she faced. they really don't get her motivation for revenge the way new mom did. hajun does to a certain extent but he is too busy trying to balance the interest of jewang group and protecting chairman. so it is more than just a simple loss for her. also all this time, she was ridiculously focused on mopey love affair of the past but seems to have moved on from that. she now realizes that new mom was hurting just as much as her for all these years and these same people now have taken new mom away from her.... 

keeping my fingers crossed but it almost sounded like sun hyuk said that as long as she was alive and well, he will be happy for her even if they are apart. it sounded like a step up in the ending I am hoping for. so lets see. the writer has been all over the place with execution and so am keeping my expectations rather low going into the next 10 episodes. it will be great if we get the revenge we were looking for; otherwise, yawn. on to the next drama!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

sun hyuk said that as long as she was alive and well, he will be happy for her even if they are apart. it sounded like a step up in the ending I am hoping for. so lets see. the writer has been all over the place with execution and so am keeping my expectations rather low going into the next 10 episodes. it will be great if we get the revenge we were looking for; otherwise, yawn. on to the next drama!

One can't really believe the hints, we've had many from the 3 of them. I think it's just to keep the audience.

I am ok with or without whom she ends, but they must give us the revenge. The smirks on those 3 mugs and the hypocrisy of OBG...:rage:
EJ probably got to inherit if she has managed to corner Mr Na. Perhaps she inherits as EJ her legal identity. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Looks like the last 10 episodes are going to be Ga-Heun rage time - So all you revenge mongers who have endured the last 90 episodes, and are still here, it looks like your patience is about to be rewarded.

I do sincerely hope it will be sweet satisfying for the last 10 eps.. Revenge time!

• Like 3