[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

All I can say is.. this is one of the best and most emotional scenes...Very well done.. my heart goes out to both of them for what they are going through...

A9208-F01-6367-43-FF-A2-DF-021-FDD24-A1-
Credit silvertrhee 

And okay, I can see now I’m very wrong about Geon. I don’t know how there can be any redemption for him or for Mo Yong. Geon better not harm Dal’s mom. It’s one thing to seek for power and the throne. But it’s a different story the moment an innocent life is involved. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

And okay, I can see now I’m very wrong about Geon.

i wanted so much to belive he has a plan when he killed his father man, but no was all for lady Heo...i still have to watch with sub today ep...OnDal came on the time to protect his  wife/woman ...he looked so wild ...the God of war...seems Jin will leave ...i hope is part of a plan to get the chief...she deserves to be happy with Dal best friend

• Like 5

The new king really looks like pyeonggang. He is just like sohyun male version

In ep 12 (if im not mistaken) when pyeonggang went to the war and he thought she died, he looked so vunerable. But when they realized sunno tribe won the war and on dal got the recognize from the king, he confessed his love to moyong, like what??? I think it is just one of his plan. I'm pretty sure he's still in pyeonggang's side. It was as if he got a heavy blow when he realized his father's plan about sending pyeonggang to the war and he can lose pyeonggang anytime.

But I havent watched ep 13 14 and 15 so idk why geon suddenly turn his back to pyeonggang

• Like 5

@shinkeru Honestly i lost all hope on Go Geon after the last two episodes. I was hoping he would have some grand scheme of turning on his father but it doesn’t look like that’s the case. I haven’t watched episode 16 yet but I saw the preview of episode 17 and he completely turned his back on Pyeonggang... I was hoping he wouldn’t be wouldn’t like his father, but what can you do.. Blood is thicker than water.

@annaR I think it has to do with Pyeonggang going to On Dal and following her own way, and not following what Go Geon says? That’s the reason why GG turned his back. I also feel like it’s a bit of obsession and controlling on Go Geon part. His love isn’t a true love but more of an obsession. He just wants Pyeonggang to do what HE wants her to do and after realizing that, his controlling mentality turned into, “if I can’t have her then no one can and I’ll destroy her”

10 hours ago, shinkeru said:

We see that Dal is very similar to his father On Hyeop in the sense that playing politics game is not for them. On Hyeop himself said it. He preferred to stay in the outskirts guarding their borders instead because of that. Also, Dal being brought up in the Ghost Village sheltered him from such politicking. Their environment with the village people were of a tight knit community that helped each other. They had a chief/leader that they respected and everyone did their own part. On Dal has good leadership and swordfighting skills. He can lead an army in battle. But he is too innocent and pure for the scheming tactics in the Palace. Even Ga Jin can’t imagine him lying when she told him about the fake letter. Maybe that’s why she hasn’t shared with him everything that she knows or plans to do. Although On Dal is perceptive enough to notice that something is going on. I guess there has to be a compromise for them to meet halfway somehow. 

Yes what you says makes sense. It doesn’t help that On Dal lived his whole life sheltered in the ghost village too but I think, just in general, politics isn’t for him either (like On Hyeop).

I agree with everything you guys said too about Pyeonggang changing and On Dal hasn’t, so that’s making things harder for On Dal. Poor Pyeonggang though, having to deal with all the politics. Truly hope things will workout with out OTP!

• Like 5

Just finished watching episode 16 and yep, no hope for Go Geon at all. He gonna go with it until the very end. Episode 17, it looks like we'll finally have the battle between Go Geon and On Dal.. 

This episode definitely heartwretching for Gajin and On Dal. The exact path that On Hyeop didn't want his son to go on, that's what On Dal is doing now. On Dal says that he is doing all of this because of Gajin and he'll be by her side, but she still feels sorry for having Dal go through this. The battle scene where On Dal was killing all the soldiers and then with the bunny.. You just know that On Dal is delicate and fragile on the inside. He's a great general and swordsman but at the same time, he is soft on the inside.. I worry that maybe one day he just might break although I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

Well folks, it looks like we are starting to see the demise of Go Won Pyo and Gyerubu.. Now, GWP may not be as convicted as Go Geon but Go geon is literally determined to see things till the end. I'm actually quite surprised that we're starting to see the fall of Go Won Pyo now (So used to dramas delaying it till the very end haha..). It looks like next episode will be Mo Yong getting Go Geon out of prison and assisting him. The Cheonjubang still has his eyes on killing the King too. Next two episodes are going to be quite intense with internal warfare in Gogoryeo..

This is honestly the perfect opportunity for Silla to fight against Gogoryeo and it looks like King Jinheung is going to try taking that opportunity. I'm actually surprised that Mo Yong's stepfather went to Silla. I wonder if he's going to stay there long. I genuinely think that despite Mo Yong being a spy, she cares for her stepfather. Honestly MY isn't really all that bad. I really like her character ha...maybe also because the actress who plays her is doing a wonderful job..

Once again, another solid episode and anticipating what'll happen with the royal family and Gyerubu next 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

The only problem I had with this episode, why end it like that?? Waiting another week for the continuation of the otp’s :ohboy2:is a torture! lol

So it turns out GG really became a baddie! I was hanging on to the idea that it had a plan! Now I hate him:onfirex: and he’s so

stupid for fighting against them with that number of soldiers. What does he think, they’re part of the spartan’s 300?lol 

every scene with the otp is so sad:bawling:.just give them happy ending please!!!

3 hours ago, ferily said:

Well folks, it looks like we are starting to see the demise of Go Won Pyo and Gyerubu.. Now, GWP may not be as convicted as Go Geon but Go geon is literally determined to see things till the end. I'm actually quite surprised that we're starting to see the fall of Go Won Pyo now (So used to dramas delaying it till the very end haha..).

I think the final episodes will be the battle against silla, bec from the preview it looks like they’ll  resolve the issue with Gochuga next week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ferily said:

This episode definitely heartwretching for Gajin and On Dal. The exact path that On Hyeop didn't want his son to go on, that's what On Dal is doing now. On Dal says that he is doing all of this because of Gajin and he'll be by her side, but she still feels sorry for having Dal go through this. The battle scene where On Dal was killing all the soldiers and then with the bunny.. You just know that On Dal is delicate and fragile on the inside. He's a great general and swordsman but at the same time, he is soft on the inside.. I worry that maybe one day he just might break although I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

I like how you wrote this...just to add a little, On Hyeop told Dal the reason for wielding his sword, and now Dal is not just protecting Ga Jin, he wants to shield her from the after effects of killing someone. It is a traumatic experience for a person to go through. To kill another human being. I like how this drama didn’t gloss over this but instead brought it to the forefront. The emotional and psychological scars can last longer than the physical wounds have healed. I also like how it pointed out the difference between Dal and Geon. One is motivated to protect, while the other seeks to possess and destroy. 

3 hours ago, yeli said:

The only problem I had with this episode, why end it like that?? Waiting another week for the continuation of the otp’s :ohboy2:is a torture! lol

Ikr!?! On the other hand, that scene felt too emotional and so intimate that I kinda wanted to give them their privacy too lol 

Victory Contents release new official MV for their OSTs :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I feel like GENERAL Go’s father will know why his  most trusted comander  died (because of his son )and feels betrayed by his son and lover...he deserves it...at least he is not a traitor...wants to kill SILLA spy and sent her head to her king...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Knetz are also rooting for Geon not to cross the line. They want him to run away with Mo Yong.

telling the truth i wish them to be happy too... they are this drama evil Otp!!!I AGREE THEY SHOULD JUST RUN TOGETHER!!!

I wonder if we will have a Ondal vs General Go scene ...wouldn't be great to watch this scene?

i hope we will see their son too...

• Like 5

Love them so much...THEY ARE GREAT!

I read filming will be completed next week. they still have filming for ep 20 -the battle scenes and re-shoot but the filming is scheduled to complete next week. it's also said that the filming for battle scene are taken in various places...this Silla king i read will die in 578 i think...he 'll lose the war...i think ep 20 will be another war...in

Spoiler

590...Dal last war...war in Achasanseong fortress...

• Like 4
  • Blob 2