[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

@shinkerui fell the same...i can't wait to watch it with subtitles...

43 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

All this divisiveness within the tribes is just going to give room for Silla to take advantage of.

yes...what about Jin?Seems chief tried to make her betray her best friend...this is not your country he said ...he even blamed Gajin for San death...i hope Jin remembers she was the one that wanted to fight and help Dal BEST FRIEND, the man she loves ...

i hope they'll have a baby...wouldn't be nice?

• Like 4

Omg, what is going to happen next episode? :fear: Pyeonggang saying that she's going to be like Go Won Pyo.. We see her killing someone (I'm assuming it's GWP's spy in the King's quarter that she kills) and she also says to Dal that he disappointed her? Ugh I am predicting many heartbreaks happening in episode 16.

@shinkeru completely agree with you about On Dal and Pyeonggang. I feel bad for Dal that he has to deal with all the politics in the palace and he only has Gajin. At the same time, Gajin is so busy dealing with business in the Palace and Go Won Pyo. I kinda felt at the same time that On Dal is a bit naive about the politics too. I wish Gajin would share everything with Dal though. Her hiding it from him is putting a break in their relationship.

I think at this point I have lost almost all hope in Go Geon and him siding with Pyeonggang. He really is going with his father and trying to create a coup. Ugh Go Won Pyo and Go Geon plan is really to take over the Palace by force and killing the King.

Finally, I love the chemistry between On Dal, the Crown Prince and Geon Mu (? is that his name) and how Dal got happy when the Crown Prince called him brother in law :D

The date was definitely cute but that mirror cracking, bad vibes man... Bad vibes.. I knew the moment they had a nice, cute OTP moment, what happens after would be bad things. Happy moments in dramas always proceed with bad moments (if it's not the final episode lol)

• Like 5

Loved the marked date. A snipped of their past carefree self, so it is sad how much the palace life is eating them up inside.... Sure can not blame our girl either since she have her mind on clearing all the bad apple in the palace. But yeah they both is changing...

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, shinkeru said:

Seems Geon is really going to pursue gaining that power like his father wants. All this divisiveness within the tribes is just going to give room for Silla to take advantage of. Will Mo Yong stay by his side to the end? 

I’m hoping that Geon’s plan is double cross both his father and HMY And will stay loyal to the royal family and Goguryeo, or less I’m gonna wish it’s him whom PG will slice in the next episode ;). Although I read on twitter someone mentioned

Spoiler

He’s going to die

3 hours ago, ferily said:

Omg, what is going to happen next episode? Pyeonggang saying that she's going to be like Go Won Pyo.. We see her killing someone (I'm assuming it's GWP's spy in the King's quarter that she kills) and she also says to Dal that he disappointed her? Ugh I am predicting many heartbreaks happening in episode 16.

I agree with your prediction :lol:

VC said their fave scene for the OTP ..

So it’s this scene?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ferily said:

completely agree with you about On Dal and Pyeonggang. I feel bad for Dal that he has to deal with all the politics in the palace and he only has Gajin. At the same time, Gajin is so busy dealing with business in the Palace and Go Won Pyo. I kinda felt at the same time that On Dal is a bit naive about the politics too. I wish Gajin would share everything with Dal though. Her hiding it from him is putting a break in their relationship.

We see that Dal is very similar to his father On Hyeop in the sense that playing politics game is not for them. On Hyeop himself said it. He preferred to stay in the outskirts guarding their borders instead because of that. Also, Dal being brought up in the Ghost Village sheltered him from such politicking. Their environment with the village people were of a tight knit community that helped each other. They had a chief/leader that they respected and everyone did their own part. On Dal has good leadership and swordfighting skills. He can lead an army in battle. But he is too innocent and pure for the scheming tactics in the Palace. Even Ga Jin can’t imagine him lying when she told him about the fake letter. Maybe that’s why she hasn’t shared with him everything that she knows or plans to do. Although On Dal is perceptive enough to notice that something is going on. I guess there has to be a compromise for them to meet halfway somehow. 

10 hours ago, andy78 said:

yes...what about Jin?Seems chief tried to make her betray her best friend...this is not your country he said ...he even blamed Gajin for San death...i hope Jin remembers she was the one that wanted to fight and help Dal BEST FRIEND, the man she loves ...

I think I trust Tara Jin enough not to believe what the chief tried to tell her. I think she’s smart enough to know he’s trying to brainwash her into turning against Ga Jin. 

3 hours ago, yeli said:

I’m hoping that Geon’s plan is double cross both his father and HMY And will stay loyal to the royal family and Goguryeo, or less I’m gonna wish it’s him whom PG will slice in the next episode ;).

I’m thinking this is what might happen too. That Geon has his own plans that will go against his father in the end. In this sense, he’s being a very good player of the game. He knows how to gauge his opponent and gather information from them without revealing his true intentions. On the other hand, if this is true, then Mo Yong has to be smarter than believe what she’s being told or shown by Geon. Tbh, I still have my doubts about this couple. I think they’re both very good at their jobs, at being a general and a spy. So I’m not so sure that what they say or show about their feelings for each other is true. Or maybe they really do have feelings for each other. But both of them know it’s impossible to sustain such a relationship under the circumstances. It’s hard enough to deal with everything that’s going on even being on the same team. With both of them being on opposite sides, well, I guess they can work together for as long as they have a common enemy or a common purpose. I had thought Mo Yong would turn against Silla and work with Geon and our OTP. Maybe that’s too much to ask for in a sageuk. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

I’m thinking this is what might happen too. That Geon has his own plans that will go against his father in the end. In this sense, he’s being a very good player of the game. He knows how to gauge his opponent and gather information from them without revealing his true intentions. On the other hand, if this is true, then Mo Yong has to be smarter than believe what she’s being told or shown by Geon. Tbh, I still have my doubts about this couple. I think they’re both very good at their jobs, at being a general and a spy. So I’m not so sure that what they say or show about their feelings for each other is true. Or maybe they really do have feelings for each other. But both of them know it’s impossible to sustain such a relationship under the circumstances. It’s hard enough to deal with everything that’s going on even being on the same team. With both of them being on opposite sides, well, I guess they can work together for as long as they have a common enemy or a common purpose. I had thought Mo Yong would turn against Silla and work with Geon and our OTP. Maybe that’s too much to ask for in a sageuk. 

Tbh, I don’t buy GG’s sudden shift of feelings towards HMY, him pining for the princess for then boom he’s in love with HMY:surprisedwut:

but what’s with this scene?

this is one of my favorites from last episode. The prince’s acceptance as his sister’s husband made him happy:lol: 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

I still have my doubts about this couple. I think they’re both very good at their jobs, at being a general and a spy. So I’m not so sure that what they say or show about their feelings for each other is true. Or maybe they really do have feelings for each other. But both of them know it’s impossible to sustain such a relationship under the circumstances. It’s hard enough to deal with everything that’s going on even being on the same team. With both of them being on opposite sides, well, I guess they can work together for as long as they have a common enemy or a common purpose. I had thought Mo Yong would turn against Silla and work with Geon and our OTP. Maybe that’s too much to ask for in a sageuk. 

i agree with you...i even think(hope) that General Go might have his own plans...he knows Silla wants to take over...who knows? Maybe wants to become the next tribe chief and fight for his land...double spy maybe?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, yeli said:

Tbh, I don’t buy GG’s sudden shift of feelings towards HMY, him pining for the princess for then boom he’s in love with HMY 

True. It was so sudden. He confesses his love for the Princess in one scene then the next he’s flirting with HMY. 

32 minutes ago, yeli said:

this is one of my favorites from last episode. The prince’s acceptance as his sister’s husband made him happy

Same here! He was so happy. He treats them like his own family, I would be so sad if Prince Won betrays him later. 

Now that tweet got me curious about what the crown Prince did later as King in the novel.

34 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i agree with you...i even think(hope) that General Go might have his own plans...he knows Silla wants to take over...who knows? Maybe wants to become the next tribe chief and fight for his land...double spy maybe?

I’m not sure what his plans could be. But I think he knows already something is going on after he questioned HMY about why she was abducted and she lied to him about the women tributes.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, shinkeru said:

Now that tweet got me curious about what the crown Prince did later as King in the novel.

i read that he

Spoiler

let them leave together and told everybody On Dal died ...In the novel Gajin realised that her husband wanted to die and that's why he left to that war...after they left they were able to smille again...

On Dal is the best husband!!!i agree is not their fault...they are just paying the price...

i could not agree more with what i read here...i feel so sad for our OTP life

• Like 4

Thanks @andy78

Spoiler

That’s really heartbreaking. 

The intensity in this scene was palpable. Not just from the characters but in the way it was acted. All characters were powerful, including Dal. He may be lacking in political tactics but he ain’t no pushover. He’ll stand his ground when needed. He wasn’t intimidated by Geon at all. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

59 minutes ago, andy78 said:

On Dal is the best husband!!!i agree is not their fault...they are just paying the price...

i could not agree more with what i read here...i feel so sad for our OTP life

Agree! He’s one of the best husbands in k-dramaland. Although I’m not opposed to sad ending, writernim don’t kill our innocent Ondal:Please:

Brace Yourself Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act Coz angsty episodes are coming!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yeli said:

Although I’m not opposed to sad ending, writernim don’t kill our innocent Ondal

I feel the same!!!I hope he won't be killed...but if

Spoiler

they does kill him i hope we will not watch the scene...they could only write at the end that he died for fighting for  Goguryeo in the year  590

Spoiler

or same end like in the novel

• Like 6

In the past men had more choices.

When they feel trapped in their house, they just go to war. 

Dal hasnt changed but the princess has changed.

The two of them overcame many obstacles, so I dont understand why she doesnt talk to him.

Its sad but she is still rude to him.

I dont like the way the story unfolds.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

When they feel trapped in their house, they just go to war. 

i think that he did feel trapped in the palace...the war was him runing from home also realised his wife might still want to be king...or have more power than the king....if you want to change the world, you need power...

30 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Dal hasnt changed but the princess has changed.

i agree...she needs to wake up...there are 2 women in her...The princess that loves power and thinks her duty is to save Gogureyo and Gajin that loves Dal...

• Like 4

Didn’t realize there was a commotion over the Princess’ actions that Victory Contents decided to release an unreleased scene just to help in making audience understand that the Princess is not as selfish as she seems.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Tension Peaks Between Kim So Hyun And Lee Ji Hoon In “River Where The Moon Rises”

Tension Peaks Between Kim So Hyun And Lee Ji Hoon In “River Where The Moon Rises”

Kim So Hyun and Lee Ji Hoon are caught in a suspenseful sword fight in “River Where the Moon Rises.”

KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” is a reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale that tells the love story between Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Na In Woo).

Spoilers

The new stills capture a tense encounter between Princess Pyeonggang and Go Geon (Lee Ji Hoon).

kim-so-hyun-lee-ji-hoon3.jpg

With soldiers by their sides, the two confront one another in a bold and defiant stance. None is willing to retreat, and between them settles a cold and still air.

Then the two draw their swords, just like they used to when they were teacher and disciple. They’ve gone through this ordeal several times, but this time, it’s more grave than ever before.

An unsettling factor is the fact that Go Geon had once been Pyeonggang’s strongest advocate. Despite his long history of having feelings for her and wanting to protect her at all costs, he has turned his back on her and is now her biggest threat. Tension reaches new heights in the pair’s confrontation, and it is yet unknown who will come out victorious at the end of the sword fight.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1462850wpp/tension-peaks-between-kim-so-hyun-and-lee-ji-hoon-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 4