[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

sugarplum892

On 9/24/2021 at 3:05 PM, realistic2280a said:

Haha.. i know right... nvm,  he can show us that he is manly as well - Yuan Shuai - i think he was manly? No?...hehe

I don’t know how prescriptive the censors are gonna be. It’s quite disturbing to me how they want to influence all these.

11 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

We will see.... too many girly men in the entertainment industry perhaps... 

The standard of beauty for many is ever changing and it just so happens that androgynous is doing so well these days. Some guys are not even androgynous, they just know how to take care of their skin and hair!! It's sad that the govt is cracking down on looks mainly because a lot of the "girly" guys have shown promise with their acting. 

34 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

The standard of beauty for many is ever changing and it just so happens that androgynous is doing so well these days. Some guys are not even androgynous, they just know how to take care of their skin and hair!! It's sad that the govt is cracking down on looks mainly because a lot of the "girly" guys have shown promise with their acting. 

Hehe.. okay.. earlier, i didnt even know what  BL drama is until recently, i just tend to ignore such dramas... as there are tons of other drama to watch out there...  :)

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth

Ok I'm up to episode 16 and looks like modern romance is really not my genre. :sweatingbullets: Unfortunately a good show like this one couldn't change my mind. Don't get me wrong, I think the problem lies with me.

Anyhow, I love the sweet stuff between them both and how much Shi Yi tries to seduce ZSC. In this show, Shi Yi's facial expressions and glances win 100% and I also really like her styling .. from hair, to make-up and clothes. They exude a soft and really pretty character out of Shi Yi. This is a side of Bai Lu I've never seen nor expected and this has put BL on my fav actress list now.

Pacing is too slow for me. I think this could be compressed to a 20-episode show. I know they're trying to make up for the "restrained" romance from O&O but 30 episodes is still too much for a family drama, man.

• Like 1

I finished the drama. ZSC looked so dashing in the last few episodes.

Originally I wondered why Ren Jia Lun felt ZSC suffered more in modern settings. The last few episodes of F&F highlights how hopeless and out of control of the situation ZSC must have felt. He didn't do anything wrong, but his family situation caused him and the person he loves so much trouble.

Spoiler

I felt so bad for ZSC, when he couldn't do anything but wait outside of Shiyi's hospital room.

His actions strengthened what an amazing person he is. He made no attempts to force his wishes on Shiyi's parents; he respected what they wanted and went along, until they recognized his sincerity.

Interesting how Shiyi's mother had minimal reaction to their marriage news. Either she was too numbed from grief or she knew they would get married no matter what. 

I absolutely love Shiyi's parents. They are not hot-headed and respects their daughter's wishes.

I have been watching some variety shows with Ren Jia Lun in it. Ren Jia Lun shares many ZSC's characteristics. Both are very focused and disciplined. 

Bai Lu is a crack up. She is the polar opposite to Shiy; she is loud and expressive. I can't wait to watch more of Bai Lu's future dramas and variety shows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whiteybao said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Also the other thing that is cute but frustrating for me is the number of times people disrupt their kiss attempts. Way too much! :sweatingbullets:

I think that’s why ZSC was so angry with Ren when he interrupted them at their grandmother’s house.  He told Ren he couldn’t visit them as often as Ren wanted.  I felt sorry for Ren.

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Bai Lu is a crack up. She is the polar opposite to Shiy; she is loud and expressive. I can't wait to watch more of Bai Lu's future dramas and variety shows. 

luckily iQiyi uploaded the bts-es on youtube with english subs. They’re a great stress relief to watch after a day’s work. Her laughter can probably be heard from another continent. :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

Ren’s mom was the wife of Zhousheng Xing, ZSC’s second uncle. She was also the elder sister of Tong Jiaren.  When Ren’s mom married Zhousheng Xing, Tong Jiaren broke off the engagement with ZSC. Ren’s father is Zhousheng Xing.

Thanks for the explanation! 

I love how complicated ZSC's family tree is.....it really took a while for me to figure it out.  I'm glad it was explained through out the series. 

So the twin sister pushed SY into the water on purpose hoping to drive SY ZSC away?  And by pushing them way, her hope is to protect everyone from getting hurt?

The romance that ZSC and SY had was not what I expected. They did things totally backwards compared to other romance shows.  (engaged and married first before getting to know each other).  The writer made this show unique and a memorable one for me.  ZSC was such an amateur in the romance/dating....I mean they both were since SY never had a boyfriend, but glad she her personality was brave enough to make the 1st moves and explain to him how a relationship should be.  I can't say it enough, love the chemistry between the two!

For anyone who hasn't seen F&E yet, should watch One and Only first. 

• Like 1

@NYXbabyYou’re very welcome.

I agree that ZSC is a unique male lead.  Shi Yi is the perfect matching partner.  Once ZSC was sure about his love and her unconditional love (he couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have a beautiful woman like Shiyi love him), nothing could stop him for a lifetime.  Shi Yi made him promise for their next lifetimes too.  :getmygrooveon:

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 4:24 AM, NYXbaby said:

Thanks for the explanation! 

I love how complicated ZSC's family tree is.....it really took a while for me to figure it out.  I'm glad it was explained through out the series. 

So the twin sister pushed SY into the water on purpose hoping to drive SY ZSC away?  And by pushing them way, her hope is to protect everyone from getting hurt?

The romance that ZSC and SY had was not what I expected. They did things totally backwards compared to other romance shows.  (engaged and married first before getting to know each other).  The writer made this show unique and a memorable one for me.  ZSC was such an amateur in the romance/dating....I mean they both were since SY never had a boyfriend, but glad she her personality was brave enough to make the 1st moves and explain to him how a relationship should be.  I can't say it enough, love the chemistry between the two!

For anyone who hasn't seen F&E yet, should watch One and Only first. 

I think the key point is if ZSC got married, he will recieve all inheritance including money his step twin brother wanted to use. Therefore, the twin sister thought if she scared SY away, ZSC possibly won't get married or be delayed, and her twin brother wouldn't feel as desperate. 

The twin sister's character is interesting. She is so selfless, yet selfish at the same time. 

I love ZSC and SY's chemistry too. Their love is steady and unbreakable.They just get each other. Literally two piece of puzzle that fits perfectly.  

I imagine since SY and ZSC love was cut short, the modern SY is more proactive with ZSC to avoid losing time.

• Like 3

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世
  • 10 months later...

I didn't like the ML in The Blue Whisperer, but he pairs well with Bai Lu in this drama. This is my first time watching her and so far I like her visuals and acting. She was drop dead gorgeous wearing the qipao. This is my first time seeing a qipao that short as I was used to seeing them ankle length.

Funny enough I always remember Li Bingbing wearing one in Resident Evil.

14 hours ago, Bojun said:

I didn't like the ML in The Blue Whisperer, but he pairs well with Bai Lu in this drama. This is my first time watching her and so far I like her visuals and acting. She was drop dead gorgeous wearing the qipao. This is my first time seeing a qipao that short as I was used to seeing them ankle length.

Funny enough I always remember Li Bingbing wearing one in Resident Evil.

I agree that both leads in this drama suit each other.

I especially loved them in the ancient drama prelude to Forever and Ever.

Bai Lu has been in so many dramas and she has very good chemistry with most of her male leads.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I agree that both leads in this drama suit each other.

I especially loved them in the ancient drama prelude to Forever and Ever.

Bai Lu has been in so many dramas and she has very good chemistry with most of her male leads.

Currently in episode 8 and finding it a bit dragging. But hopefully their very slow burn romance improves in the next episodes.

I was actually planning to watch One and Only and didn't realize it had the same ML. Where the "previous life" scenes they showed in Forever and Ever from that drama?