[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

sugarplum892

10 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Was that an Aston Martin??? Wow... i thought it was a Chinese car brand... hahha... it looked so rugged... we will see what other cars will be shown... i think Chen's limo can retire already:D

Lol, they do have some fancy cars! I spotted a Maserati as well and the "nephew" that hit on Shiyi was driving a Ferrari.

• Like 2

I had a good laugh when that young punk was made by his great grandfather to address ZSC as ‘grand uncle’. ZSC addressed the elderly man as uncle, so the young punk is actually ZSC’s ‘grand nephew’. 

Love the line-up of cars, and the beautiful house in the woods. These people are so rich! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noona said:

Lol, they do have some fancy cars! I spotted a Maserati as well and the "nephew" that hit on Shiyi was driving a Ferrari.

I remember the ferrari, but forgot the maserati.. lol...

Toyota is not bad though.. lol... world's most reliable, ^cheap^ and easily maintained car.. works even after 50 years with proper maintenance of course :D

Wealth in China is equivalent to the number of expensive cars they have...? Hehe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, omiki said:

I had a good laugh when that young punk was made by his great grandfather to address ZSC as ‘grand uncle’. ZSC addressed the elderly man as uncle, so the young punk is actually ZSC’s ‘grand nephew’. 

Love the line-up of cars, and the beautiful house in the woods. These people are so rich! 

Yup, me too, I love the house in the mountains. What with the private road and the stairs leading to the area.

The property must be big. In the novel, ZC family was very rich. Their investments were not only in China but international as well. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Yup, me too, I love the house in the mountains. What with the private road and the stairs leading to the area.

The property must be big. In the novel, ZC family was very rich. Their investments were not only in China but international as well. 

The sets really helps to emphasize how ZC comes from a multi generation of wealth. 

• Like 3

Watching ep11... 

1. People in chinese dramas dont know how to switched off lights when they sleep:D

2. Why they never bother to close the curtain?... Vitamin D when the sun arise?

3. I like that ZSC took the initiative to register their marriage .. Asap.. :D... but, not even a kiss on their wedding night.. peck on the forehead doesnt really count.. sigh.. ha

4. He should bring her to Germany, mini honeymoon right? :phew:

• Like 3

Please tell me ZSC is not that passive as the story goes on.. I am finding it hard to like ZSC in modern part despite me loving RJL and his acting. 

I am sure RJL took this drama saga because of One & Only ...

Also, I still do not get his family tree. I mean... What ?!! Did the pervious generation like being Incest?  Anyone mind to make a chart ? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Ep 13/14

Nothing shakes Shiyi's single minded devotion to ZSC.She took his reluctance to be truthful about his family in her stride.Even went to the extent of keep her own family in the dark about the Zhou clan because the truth would have them oppose the relationship vehemently.

How would she fall for the trap of her husband having a childhood romantic pining for another woman?

Isn't she experiencing the clueless,boring,awkward courtship with ZSC first hand?

His step brother is truly a step behind when it comes to plotting skills.

• LOL 1

Ep14...

By now, viewers are like...common kiss her already ZSC!... and its time for the bed scenes! :D

Well, im glad to read from the snippets of the drama's ^leaked^ photos, Allen Ren and BaiLu did have more 'skin to skin' encounters than none at all. Hopefully its before ep20! Our perverted side cant wait any longer :D:phew::lol:

Filmed it then cut it, then its netizens wraths that the actor has to face... and we know Bailu does such scenes very well.....sigh...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Ep 13/14

Nothing shakes Shiyi's single minded devotion to ZSC.She took his reluctance to be truthful about his family in her stride.Even went to the extent of keep her own family in the dark about the Zhou clan because the truth would have them oppose the relationship vehemently.

How would she fall for the trap of her husband having a childhood romantic pining for another woman?

Isn't she experiencing the clueless,boring,awkward courtship with ZSC first hand?

His step brother is truly a step behind when it comes to plotting skills.

ZSC's step brother is so manipulative and underhanded. At least ZSC's stepmother is upfront with her dislikes.

I am glad Shiyi have such superior EQ and did not fall for the step brother's scheming. 

8 hours ago, Ma OO said:

Please tell me ZSC is not that passive as the story goes on.. I am finding it hard to like ZSC in modern part despite me loving RJL and his acting. 

I am sure RJL took this drama saga because of One & Only ...

Also, I still do not get his family tree. I mean... What ?!! Did the pervious generation like being Incest?  Anyone mind to make a chart ? 

I am up to episode 15. ZSC gets better, Shiyi is a good love coach! 

I see the modern ZSC as someone who had no burning desire. He only focused on his studies and work. His passiveness may steam from his lack of experience, but also, it is part of his careful nature. He tends to observe and over analyse before he makes his move. The One and Only ZSC is similar, but he was forced to mature at a young age and be a leader, so he may appear more proactive. However, the One and Only ZSC was just as awkward and passive at the beginning when it came to Shiyi. 

Getting engaged to Shiyi is probably the only impulsive decision ZSC made. ZSC went with his gut instinct, he ignored his step-mother's wishes and family tradition to be with Shiyi. The beauty is, Shiyi understands and appreciates his gestures, without ZSC needing to explicitly state his thoughts. 

I too don't get the family tree. I wouldn't be surprised if there is marriage within the family. They probably don't see if as a problem, if it is a marriage between distant relatives. 

• Like 3

Interesting photos being uploaded on twitter...... like the skinships that fans are deperately asking for is finally going to be shown??

Then good for the drama... several fans comments were quite brutal but it is the truth ... dont do romance drama if there is a no-touch policy in the actor's contract.. haha.. darn, reminds me of kim Jung Hyun's (Mr Queen) scandal on The Time set... all because of his crazy girlfriend. Sigh... it ruins a drama that many people want to watch and love

---

Yep 15th and 16th episodes - more skinships finally... 17th he is adjusting himself to be a husband... but still unsure on the right way to be...

Since this is a 30episode drama, i wonder what conflict can they create for the two leads...

• Like 2

Saw till ep 22 the drama could have been packaged in 24/25 epis.The pace would have been faster and exciting to watch.A romance drama which has restrictions on leads getting intimate and the compulsions of family politics needing to be a silhouette is not easy to film.Given that one of the pivotal plotline of reincarnation can't be mentioned either.

Appreciate the crew for trying to smartly navigate the issues.

The strong links with the underworld for a respectable Chinese business family to gain more prominence might bring undue scrutiny.Pity they couldn't explore on this route more but had to leave heavy suggetions for viewers to get the drift.

Nevertheless a brave attempt with so many challenges.

• Insightful 2

22 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

---

Yep 15th and 16th episodes - more skinships finally... 

Man, even in Vietnam 15yrs ago, those bare shoulder after a night together is hardly counted as skinship :joy: 

3 hours ago, minglanfan2 said:

Saw till ep 22 the drama could have been packaged in 24/25 epis.The pace would have been faster and exciting to watch.A romance drama which has restrictions on leads getting intimate and the compulsions of family politics needing to be a silhouette is not easy to film.Given that one of the pivotal plotline of reincarnation can't be mentioned either.

Appreciate the crew for trying to smartly navigate the issues.

The strong links with the underworld for a respectable Chinese business family to gain more prominence might bring undue scrutiny.Pity they couldn't explore on this route more but had to leave heavy suggetions for viewers to get the drift.

Nevertheless a brave attempt with so many challenges.

That’s very nicely putting it, you are being very kind hahaha.

see, if Allen has such a problem, and since in the book, ZSC doesn’t look like the period ZSC, they should have used another actor! The whole conflict things in the family was written pretty weak in the novel as well, so not surprising to see it’s just as bad on screen. But the main thing is the drama seems to not know what it want to be: a romantic drama? Or a family intrigued drama (complicated family background that doesn’t seem to do much lol). What’s the main storyline? The love between the 2 leads? But you can’t show skinship? Ok, how’s about throw obstacles at them? Can’t do that until maybe the last 10eps. Such a disappointment:(

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I was surprised that the step-mum gave him his father's assets not long after he registered his marriage... not so much confilct there... i thought it was going to be a long fight.. then after getting all the assets, he gave a lot to Shi Yi? Hmm.. then how is suppose to managed his business ? (This view is based on watching ep17, i know subbed episodes are up until 22, will get there soon:lol:)

• Like 1

@realistic2280a, his half brother, ZWC, mentioned that it was due to loyalty to their deceased father. He did what his mom wanted, 

Spoiler

married a girl of her choosing instead of his long-term gf

but in the end she just gave all control back to his older brother ZSC instead.

The stepmom is quite a complex character. They set her up to be the "evil stepmother," but as the drama has progressed it's evident that she is far from it. I feel very sorry for her.

On a side note about the half brother though, 

Spoiler

did he really get divorced?

Maybe it's a little lost in translation for me as an international viewer, but I'm confused about what he told his ex and her family versus how he behaves with his wife and mom. It seems like he's being shady as heck and lying to his ex.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Noona said:

@realistic2280a, his half brother, ZWC, mentioned that it was due to loyalty to their deceased father. He did what his mom wanted, 

Maybe it's a little lost in translation for me as an international viewer, but I'm confused about what he told his ex and her family versus how he behaves with his wife and mom. It seems like he's being shady as heck and lying to his ex.

Ep18 did show him getting his divorce agreement stamped.. but not sure if they filed it though... and after kneeling down after Man's grandmother... in the next scene, we have his mom talking to his ex-wife.. looks like the mother knows he divorce.

Watching ep18... is it possible that Shi yi is pregnant?? Lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Noona said:

Hide contents

married a girl of her choosing instead of his long-term gf

but in the end she just gave all control back to his older brother ZSC instead.

The stepmom is quite a complex character. They set her up to be the "evil stepmother," but as the drama has progressed it's evident that she is far from it. I feel very sorry for her.

On a side note about the half brother though, 

Hide contents

did he really get divorced?

A small part of me feel sorry for ZWC. He is desperately looking for approval and a sense of belonging. I just disagree how he goes about it. 

ZWC seems to believe doing whatever his mum wants will earn him approval. 

ZSC is once again in the same position. All he wants is to do his job well and be with SY, but he has all these obstacles because of his position in the family. Luckily ZSC is again surrounded by people who loves him. 

13 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I was surprised that the step-mum gave him his father's assets not long after he registered his marriage... not so much confilct there... i thought it was going to be a long fight.. then after getting all the assets, he gave a lot to Shi Yi? Hmm.. then how is suppose to managed his business ? (This view is based on watching ep17, i know subbed episodes are up until 22, will get there soon:lol:)

I wondered about that too! 

I assume his lawyer friend and financial consultant in the background helping?

I am up to episode 22. It's amusing how his colleagues/assistants think ZSC is too poor to buy more food.

This is random but ZSC make some of the cutest facial expressions.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I’m also at episode 18 but let me share based on my understanding so far. It is stated in his father’s will that ZSC will inherit the family business once he is married.  Step mother turns out to be only trying to protect ZSC against his relatives who are eyeing the business, especially the Uncle. That’s the reason why she insisted that he marry someone that she chooses, someone who has a strong family background who can support him in guarding his interest. This was revealed in her conversation with her mother. ZSC’s step brother was hoping that by marrying TJR, he would have a chance at inheriting the business but his mother followed the will, which was unexpected for him. Disappointed that things did not go the way he had hoped, he decided there was no point in continuing the pretend marriage. They both already signed the divorce agreement, but will only announce it one year later, so as not to embarrass both their prominent families. He must have informed his Mother, so there was the scene of her talking to TJR, consoling her. 

it remains to be seen if the step brother will stir up any more trouble, and if the mob attacks and other incidents were his doing.

As for the properties and businesses gifted to SY, i believe it is customary to present them as ‘marriage gifts’ to your wife, as a gesture of sincerity and to protect your wife’s interest in the future. It can also be seen as a shrewd business move to divest your assets in case anything goes wrong in the future, though I’m not sure if this is the case with ZSC. Probably MX advised this, as his lawyer? We’ll see. Incidentally, I don’t think SY is even aware of this, as she looked surprised when her cousin told her about the tea factory.

• Insightful 1