[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

sugarplum892

Watched the first 14 episodes of One and Only and savoring every minute.  I like the layers of affection and deep love that are gradually being revealed between Zhousheng Chen and Shiyi.  

The plot is very different from the original novel, but I’m trusting that the writer of the novel who is also the screenwriter for this drama, keeps the same intent.  The characters of the main leads are now richer and more complex.  

Ren Jialun and Bailu are doing a great job with their roles.  It takes experienced and highly competent actors to convey their characters well.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, skibbies said:

It should come after the historical portion ends, the yet unannounced air date is sept 9th, a day after historical portion ends. The date is calculated from other dramas that got bundled together with Forever and Ever for marketing purpose, the last one before Forever and Ever aired today, leaving open slot for F&E.

Thanks! For a moment there I was crestfallen.

I actually loved the modern version more than the ancient times. 

• Like 1

OMG best drama I've seen in the past two years.

Fantastic acting by both leads!!!

I can't stop :bawling: the whole episode 16.

This is a very high quality drama. Each minute of the drama has it's value. Not even one minute is wasted.

The quality of this drama is almost as good as NIF. I didn't expect it could be this good!!!:thumbsup::heart:

• Like 6

hi everyone! i marathon from episode 14 and finished all 24 episodes, and i am sad that its a sad ending. season 2 is 一生一世 right- the sequel ? i will go look for it

Edited by taekwang
removed content
  • Like 4

I finished episode 24.  :sad1: Teary eyed and sniffling.  Bailu was superb in showing her grief, not over done, imo.  Ren Jialun is a perfect iconic tragic hero.  The only time I have been this emotional is in the last episode of Glory of Tang (I watched even without English subs) with Ren Jialun again. 

I think I’ll go back and read the translated novel “Beautiful Bones” to bring back the joy of Shiyi and Zhousheng Chen’s love.

I need to fill up the time before the second modern part starts Sept 9, hopefully.

• Like 3

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Forever and Ever 一生一世

From One and only, 

What a sad ending.. Yes, it was expected since early on. I'm crying.. 

ZC was killed on episode 23, and later follow by Shiyi jump off on the final. At least the country is finally safe but with a lot of dying here and there. ZC destiny has been written from he was young that he will not getting what he deserve. Its a tragedy. Very painful to watch the letter half of the series til the end. 

Lets move on to next chapter of their life. Forever and ever. The novel translation is written beautifully. I can feel the love between them. Both carry their names to the next life and its a wonderful one. 

• Like 2

I'm starting to get impatient waiting for the Modern part of the series. The Chinese Novel (Forever and ever) was so good and the past was just a side story and they did such good job telling the story of their pasts. It was very complete for me. I was very satisfy with the ending. Sad but expected.

Any Ren Jialun fans recognize actors in this drama that were  in other Ren Allen dramas?

Shiyi’s cousin (Cui Feng?), Huan Yu the librarian, and Huaiyang the nun turned princess, were in Under the Power.

ZSC’s lady general that was killed was in Miss Crow with Mr. Lizard and Never Say Goodbye.

I almost think that the Princess who plotted with the Crown Prince to become Empress was a the second FL police officer in Never Say Goodbye. 

Sorry but I’m not good at remembering names.

Am I correct?  Did I miss anyone?

• Insightful 1

@NYXbabyit is confusing because the drama title to the ancient part changed.  One and Only is the title of the ancient story.  Forever and Ever (unless it gets changed) is the title of the modern story. Both ancient and modern dramas are based on a novel “One Life, One Incarnation: Beautiful Bones  ”  (一生一世美人骨) by Mo Bao Fei Bao.  

English translation of the novel is on hui3r.wordpress.com.

Edited by tantaran808
Correct title of novel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NYXbaby said:

Forever and Ever = One and Only?

Only difference is that Forever and Ever is modern?  Same plot?  I'm so confused!

Did Forever and Ever air yet?

In the Chinese Novel, there is a chapter that was all about their Past lives (One and Only drama airing now). we are expecting the the Modern Life to be air sometime in Sept. That is what I'm waiting for the "Modern" story of 一生一世美人骨 (Forever and Ever Drama). Hope this didn't confuse you.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:43 AM, NYXbaby said:

Forever and Ever = One and Only?

Only difference is that Forever and Ever is modern?  Same plot?  I'm so confused!

Did Forever and Ever air yet?

One and Only is their ancient times story while Forever and Ever is sort of like their ending story in modern times. 

It's like a continuation of the ancient drama. 

• Like 2

===

ForeverandEver, starring Ren Jialun and Bai Lu, releases new poster ahead of its Sept 6 premiere as part of iQiyi’s Sweet On lineup

====

“Forever and Ever” Sets Premiere and Brings On the Sweetness as Allen Ren Jialun and Bai Lu Reunite for Another Lifetime

SEPTEMBER 4, 2021ANNE J

Spoiler

"Forever and Ever" Sets Premiere and Brings On the Sweetness as Allen Ren Jialun and Bai Lu Reunite for Another Lifetime

One and Only 周生如故 which tells a beautiful yet tragic romance is about to usher its finale. It is the first of two dramas starring Allen Ren Jialun and Bai Lu and lucky for us, there will be no need to wait. The sequel, Forever and Ever 一生一世, which continues the story in modern times premieres this September 6 on iQIYI.

In Forever and Ever, the heroine whose name is still Shi Yi is a voice actress. No longer part of the prominent Cui family from her previous life, she is now free to love and be herself. Meanwhile, Zhou Shengchen is a chemistry professor in this lifetime. He may be a genius but he is a complete novice when it comes to pursuing a woman. The reincarnated lovers cross paths again at an airport. Zhou Shengchen first proposes marriage leading to the two finding love again.

The trailer is chock-full of adorable moments of Ren Jialun’s character fumbling as he tries to approach Bai Lu’s character while the latter would boldly be the one to say words like, “come closer to me.” The modern version is not without drama as the male lead becomes involved in the infighting with their family business. Nonetheless, the sweet moments ought to make up for the tearjerking prequel. The story is adapted from Mo Bao Fei Bao’s novel “One Life One Incarnation Beautiful Bones.”

Source: 1

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1