[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

Off topic.  Is this year a good year for marriage?  Already 2 actresses announced marriage so far, both are beautiful.  And both of them advised will continue their acting career after getting married.  

I don't mind SJH getting married suddening, as long as, it is SSH.

I believe SJH will still stay active in Show biz even after married.  She is the kind of woman that is not chasing after fame, but really enjoy acting and performing.  

From all the analysis so far, I choose to believe they are already dating.  Look at SSH, he just can't hide his happiness.  I hope they can date privately for 1 to 2 years and announce marriage one day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Azaria Ko said:

Off topic.  Is this year a good year for marriage?  Already 2 actresses announced marriage so far, both are beautiful.  And both of them advised will continue their acting career after getting married.  

I saw the news too. KS dated HB and LYH worked with SSH / dated SSH and she also have worked with HB. SJH both worked with HB and SSH. Both women are getting married to their non showbiz boyfriends and are even younger than SJH. 

If SSH and SJH are indeed dating, I would prefer them to date longer first(maybe a year or 2 before they get married). In that way they can get to know each other first. I don’t want them to end like the high profile couple who got married on a whim then ended up getting divorced. I do see it on SHJ’s personality though, that she would be like these two ladies. which is to suddenly announce  her marriage without letting the public know she is dating someone :)

On the topic of rewatching. I am still kinda bummed that KHK/SSH did not get to see WDH/SJH on that sexy seductive red dress. But SSH’s was tagged in IG on some of the pictures. His jaw must have dropped if he looked at those pictures. :) 

323-B513-C-7549-4-A4-D-A08-B-F9-ECE17814

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, fiona628 said:

I can feel that SJH likes SSH too. Plus they have gotten close so for me their attraction is mutual :)
if SSH does pursue SJH, I feel that she will most likely have a lot of hesitation. Imagine dating a Top Hallyu Star and a Hot Guy on top of that. Not that SJH is out of his league but she will probably does not want to get hateful fans.

Though I read somewhere that Korean audiences are routing for them to be couple. 

Sorry to be so corny...

VIRGO MAN(SSH) and LIBRA WOMAN

LOVE COMPATIBILIY

When deeply in unconditional love these two signs create a miracle of togetherness that lasts forever irrespective of their differences in attitude. Libra man makes the gracious Virgo woman blush with his sweet silly acts and she gives him the immense devotion he has been craving for since his childhood. She makes him more relaxed and patient and he makes her more assertive and expressive. His tender masculine and her daring feminine nature works just so well as a comet striking across the night sky and little bells making clinking gently. The purity of their emotions creates an eternity of compassion where they loose themselves for the life time to be in unison forever. The tenderness of their oneness a song softly sung in heavens with bright and beaming smiles on their faces and promise in their heart to be together, forever.

Can give examples of Korean audience wanting them to be together?

16 hours ago, fiona628 said:

I can see clearly now :)

C0-F45-C12-E74-A-4-B0-F-91-D5-828-B9-D92

I miss them too. It’s been a month since DM ended. To fill in the void, I am re-watching DM for the 3rd time. I can’t bring myself to watch any other Kdrama.

@fiona628 Don't worry you're not alone in the boat.. :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Examples? 
I think someone posted previously on this thread or DM thread that there were comments from Korean Netizens that “SSH and SJH looked like a real couple“ in the drama. Maybe you can backtrack on the threads :) 

3 hours ago, mtdgmend said:

Is there a video with english sub of the what was said at the wrap up party? Would like to know what PD-nim, SSH and SJH said to the staff. Thanks. 

I did not see any English translation yet. But I think it was @Azaria Ko, who helped translate what said SSH to SJH that he introduced her as “The most difficult actress” and SJH just played along with it.

Or maybe if a kind soul can help translate the whole video c/o Dinner Couple’s IG post from PDnim to SJH’s speech that would be great.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCKnobwpe9a/?igshid=10d55cfv9960k

First time to see this.

Awww the way SJH hugged PDNim. Seems like she is now super close to PDNim who I think was a fanboy of SJH having watched her previous works as he mentioned on the Presscon 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCoJKVtJFiL/?igshid=1c9yxiqipv6tm

credit to Peach1984 IG

1 hour ago, HungryDM said:

Pic of the day:

Screenshot-20200811-110216.jpg

Love how the lights hit them...

Two ques...

1) What they are looking so intently at?

2) What is personal space? :ph34r:

SJH is like a magnet to SSH. Either he likes to hit her, do the backbend pose, likes to talk about her or just trying to get her attention in general. Smitten much?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

@SexyDolceVita here are some of the knetz comments about them.. It's not only the international fans who are rooting for them but also the knetz and these comments are while still the the drama is ongoing.. These are from naver comment section from DM's articles (if I'm not mistaken).

Here's the link from IG account named jeogatdeu

The good thing is that while other dramas that were aired in the cable networks together with DM, they got low ratings nationally though have high ratings outside/ internationally (because of many factors).. For DM, it's the opposite although not that as impressive as CLOY's ratings but knetz have appreciated and loved the plot of DM's story.. Not to mention, some of the international viewers (still growing) have appreciated DM as well as it has ended, basically because of the plot and for sure the chemistry, compatibility and the nature of the leads "natural" acting..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, nyzah13 said:

@SexyDolceVita here are some of the knetz comments about them.. It's not only the international fans who are rooting for them but also the knetz and these comments are while still the the drama is ongoing.. These are from naver comment section from DM's articles (if I'm not mistaken).

Here's the link from IG account named jeogatdeu

The good thing is that while other dramas that were aired in the cable networks together with DM, they got low ratings nationally though have high ratings outside/ internationally (because of many factors).. For DM, it's the opposite although not that as impressive as CLOY's ratings but knetz have appreciated and loved the plot of DM's story.. Not to mention, some of the international viewers (still growing) have appreciated DM as well as it has ended, basically because of the plot and for sure the chemistry, compatibility and the nature of the leads "natural" acting..

Wld luv to see more comments from South Korea. Where do we find these knetizens' comments? YouTube?

19 hours ago, Azaria Ko said:

Off topic.  Is this year a good year for marriage? 

I think covid changed planes of many people.

8 hours ago, HungryDM said:

Pic of the day:

Screenshot-20200811-110216.jpg

Love how the lights hit them...

Two ques...

1) What they are looking so intently at?

2) What is personal space? :ph34r:

1. Are choosing  a place to go for a date :wub:

2. where is his chin? Just close or?

7 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I think covid changed planes of many people.

1. Are choosing  a place to go for a date :wub:

2. where is his chin? Just close or?

The cellphone could be Seo Ji Hye's personal phone and not the one she uses in Dinner Mate. Maybe they are looking at Instagram posts of fans. His chin seems to be on her shoulder :)

Going through the photos of SSH over at IG, his earlier ones and those from his recent Tiktok event, he really seems to be more of Kim Hae kyung in real life and not so much of that bad-boy-bohemian-fashion-icon type he sometimes portrays in his photo shoots.  He seems so "square" in reality but it's quite endearing. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Going through the photos of SSH over at IG, his earlier ones and those from his recent Tiktok event, he really seems to be more of Kim Hae kyung in real life and not so much of that bad-boy-bohemian-fashion-icon type he sometimes portrays in his photo shoots.  He seems so "square" in reality but it's quite endearing. :)

Yea I think the initial impression he gives of being sorta serious/stiff and his handsomeness might give him an air of being unattainable in a way but how he actually acts/behaves is a 180 of that.. glad sjh got to experience the mischievous/playful side of him firsthand. Seeing/understanding him in a a new light might have opened her up to receiving him in a different way ;) 

8 minutes ago, HungryDM said:

Yea I think the initial impression he gives of being sorta serious/stiff and his handsomeness might give him an air of being unattainable in a way but how he actually acts/behaves is a 180 of that.. glad sjh got to experience the mischievous/playful side of him firsthand. Seeing/understanding him in a a new light might have opened her up to receiving him in a different way ;) 

Hahaha... i think she was sometimes annoyed by him being too mischievious on sets... he said during the press con that she always tells him off when he was too playful... and in "sora"'s bts video, sjh also mentioned she had "enough" or rather she was used to ssh being playful on sets... she said one could collate all the footage of his antics and edit into an action drama...

16 minutes ago, SexyDolceVita said:

Hahaha... i think she was sometimes annoyed by him being too mischievious on sets... he said during the press con that she always tells him off when he was too playful... and in "sora"'s bts video, sjh also mentioned she had "enough" or rather she was used to ssh being playful on sets... she said one could collate all the footage of his antics and edit into an action drama...

@SexyDolceVita ahhhh. That lovely BTS from Oh Hye Won's camera.  I'm sure all of us shippers will be forever grateful to her for capturing those playful but tender moments between them.  Of all the BTS that I've seen of SSH and SJH, that's probably the one that convinced me that they actually like each other for real. Most of the time, it was more on SSH's side while SJH was a willing recipient of his attentions and antics. But that was the first time I actually saw her being as touchy with him as he was with her. They were actually very touchy towards each other there.  And the way they looked at each other in that BTS, there was just so much going on between them and it was like there wasn't anyone looking at them at all. Either they were playing to the camera or just didn't really care anymore to hide what they felt, especially if, from the looks of it, everyone who's part of DM seem to be aware of what's going on anyway.  Not surprising, as this was a BTS of one of the scenes from the finale. By that time, whatever might have been growing between them had clearly progressed. :fullofhearts:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Most of the time, it was more on SSH's side while SJH was a willing recipient of his attentions and antics. 

I think, that she allowed him to much. She said herself, that she is a shy person, but it seems, that she never was surprised no matter what SSH did and just followed him. I think, it was her way to survive :bashful:

20 hours ago, SexyDolceVita said:

I think i finally get that why some ssh fans think he has a little smth for sjh.

The way he behaved behind cameras seemed so similar to the bts scenes of him with his ex gf in that china film.

It is true. I've also seen in his old videos, how SSH behaved when he was with his ex. Videos of when he and his ex were filming and also at their film promotion events in China.

If there are SSH fans who say that “there is something for SJH”, they are not wrong. I agree.

There were three things I noticed that his attitude towards his ex was similar to what he did to SJH, - laughed a lot, - looked at his ex a lot and - really cared about his ex.

The only difference was that he didn't look relaxed, didn't look free and didn't  joke a lot at his co-star (his ex), at his fellow cast members and at the director like we saw in Dinner Mate BTS.

Even though he looked happy but was a little awkward with the atmosphere. Especially when on stage with his ex promoting their  film. He became akward and shy. I think maybe because he was not in his own country where the fans, the guests who attended and the people who surrounded him were also not the people he was used to dealing with like in his country. Certainly there were barriers in language and culture.

It was true that the people there at that time were very flattering to him considering that he was a famous Halluyu star who was also dating their favorite actress. But the atmosphere would have been different if he were in his own country.

On the other hand, if we look back at BTS from his dramas and movies (include DM) in his country, he was himself, relaxed and free to joke with his co-stars and fellow cast members. (But did you ever see him hugging and teasing a lot his co-star like in DM? hehe)

If we are matchmaker mode and may give suggestions:
this is the time he dared to make a decision. Opportunity will not come twice.
(as KHK said to WDH in one of the scenes in DM, that this time he will obey his mother. Her mother says life only once he has to be brave).

Who knows that pairing SSH with SJH is indeed an option that has been thought through by PDNim beforehand.
When PDNim found out that SSH decided to do romance drama again (ever since he dated his ex and then broke up, he had never done any serious romance drama on any channel), PDNim must have taken a look at which actress he suits him well.

It turns out that PDNim's eagle eyes are truly perfect. He saw that there was someone who was very fit to play WDH and was perfectly paired with SSH. This beautiful girl has never gotten a role as the female lead before, even though this girl is really talented.

And luckily the PDNim of the drama CLOY also saw her beauty and talent. So that since CLOY became the viewer's favorite drama, SJH's beautiful face and talent were also visible.
(It seems SSH saw SJH's figure through this drama because he said at the DM press conference that his first impression of SJH was that she had a stylish and cold image. As we know in CLOY, SJH always wore clothes from world designers (really matches her figure) and her role was smart and confident girl.

So pairing SSH with SJH is a perfect combination. Bravo to PDNim ... and of course after meeting at the script reading, SSH was surprised and admitted that he was satisfied with PDNim's choice, as he said at the press conference. 

To see if their relationship got closer after the drama ended? We can see through:

SSH confessed in front of SJH camera that he really liked her, he was happy/liked to be with her, he felt honored and he was sincere.

==>

We can't guess what SSH means to say this. It seemed that he spontaneously said this without being planned. When SJH asked him to say more "odd/bizzare/unusual" things, he said this right away. He probably didn't think that his words would go "viral" on Dinner Mate fans' social media.. haha
He just wanted to be honest and see SJH's reaction.
He didn't want to lose the moment because he once shared on a TV show with members of drama The Player that he once regretted not saying the words "I like you" to a girl so that she didn't know and she dated other guys.

At a DM drama wrap party. When PDNim finished his speech in front of the cast members and drama staff, SSH immediately took the mike from PDNim, which made PDNim jokingly kick him.
When all the staff members shouted SSH name (they thought he was going to give a speech),he asked everyone to be quiet and immediately called SJH's name to ask her to give a speech and introduce to all that SJH is  "The Most Difficult Actress" (As per the translation I know in this forum).

And SJH casually responded with a laugh. And you can see how SSH reacts in the background. He looked happy because he could tease SJH again. It seems he already understand that SJH is a girl who can accept his jokes well. They already have mutual understanding. 

I think if he's not interested and isn't smitten with her, why would he always want to tease her? "A man always wants to tease a woman because he wants her attention".
As a famous handsome actor like SSH, he wouldn't have to bother doing the trivial things above if he didn't have anything about her. And did he do the same for his other co-stars?

On Lee Ji Hoon's Instagram, we see SSH, SJH and fellow actors taking selfies (it seems that fellow actors already understand that SJH's position must be next to SSH ... hehe). We don't know if they have any other events to gather or it's still at the wrap party. What is clear is the closeness between SSH and SJH is always visible.

Don't expect that SSH and SJH will upload their photos when they are together in their private life on Instagram, even if they are with their friends. SSH and SJH will take care of it. Unless their friends upload it on their social media. If they have to appear in public it must be related to the drama Dinner Mate.

I think SSH also realizes that DInner Mate's success is also because there is the name SJH there. If you look at SSH Instagram, you will see lots of pictures of him and SJH in BTS DM or DM scenes. Either just him and SJH or him along with SJH and fellow actors.

There are two photos with interesting captions on his Instagram.
Photo of KHK dancing with WDH. SSH gave the caption "Dance with her". Photos of SSH, SJH and KHK's wingman (Geon-u & Byeong-jin) in the funeral home scene. The four of them took pictures and SSH gave the caption "SJH and kids". 

I tried looking at other photos, if he ever gave the caption "interesting" also to other co-stars. I couldn't find it.

I believe that after DM ended, their relationship got closer. 
SSH seemed to find "someone" whom he had been late to get to know, considering the friends around him already knew SJH better. As for SJH, she was flattered that the famous handsome actor she admired and she never met in person since she debuted, "was no longer distant from her".

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

23 minutes ago, HungryDM said:

do any of you have more insights to his past relationships? is Liu Yifei the only 'public' one he had? i have seen mentions of others (past co-stars) but don't know if those are just speculation or if they were real.

Before actress Liu, it was reported that Song Seung Heon dated Korean actress Sung Yu Ri from 2002 to 2003. They become a couple, but the relationship ended shortly.

source https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/117950/20200526/all-about-the-hunk-guy-song-seung-heon-in-dinner-mate.htm