[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dating In The Kitchen 我喜欢你

sugarplum892

@jimmylyne Thank you for the clip! It was that CLIP that got me to watch this drama. I watched a few more times -thanks to you . So cute! LOL.

At a work online conference, I should be listening to a session, but OMG hard not to space out. One advantage I don't have to be stuck in a hotel room in an uncomfortable seat.

I cannot wait to watch the next episodes.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since i have to wait patiently :joy: for the rest of the episodes I decided to get the Chocolate Mousse Cake  and at the end of the day , its that Sincerity that she spoke of that makes her meals magic. 

Ep 14 @ 07:50 Matcha Chocolate Mousse Cake  (notes copied from the screen and recipe below is from Ricardo (there are hundreds recipes but i liked this one. For Ganache i will try to follow Chef Gu with full sincerity LOL.

Bottom sponge cake with chocolate - cocoa content 78%.

Gently melt 5  pieces? 200 g  of chocolate In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water.  Let cool slightly.

“ I froze the cream and the chocolate for 7 hours to make the upper layer of raw chocolate “ - Chef Gu 

Pour over the sponge cake and freeze

Icing (Whipped Cream or Cream cheese with milk powder and Crème Fraîche)

“I screened the matcha powder with my hands so the whole cake is made with my skill and talent . Its full of sincerity.” - Chef Gu 

Ricardo's Chocolate Mousse Cake

prep 45 min cook 15 min chil 4 hours serving 8-10

iNGREDIENTS

Cake

1.  1/2 cup (75 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
2.  1/4 cup (55 g) sugar
3.   2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
4.  1/4 tsp baking soda
5.  1/3 cup (75 ml) water
6.  2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
7.  1 tsp (5 ml) white vinegar

Chocolate Mousse

1.  7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate, chopped
2.  1 tsp gelatine
3.  2 tbsp (30 ml) water
4.  1/2 cup (105 g) sugar
5.  2 cups (500 ml) 35% heavy cream

Ganache

1.  3 oz (85 g) dark chocolate, chopped
2.  1/3 cup (75 ml) 35% heavy cream

PREPARATION

Cake

1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the water, oil and vinegar with a whisk until smooth. Spoon into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack. Do not unmould.

Chocolate Mousse

1. In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water melt the chocolate. Let cool slightly.
  2. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the water and let bloom for 5 minutes.
  3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat  cup (60 ml) of the cream with the sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine until completely dissolved. Add the cream mixture to the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
  4. In another bowl, whip the remaining cream (1 3/4 cups / 430 ml) with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Combine one-quarter of the whipped cream with the chocolate mixture. With a spatula, gently fold in the remaining cream. Spoon onto the cake in an even layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze.

Assembly

1. Unmould the cake and place on a serving platter. If frozen, leave the cake at room temperature for 1 hour.
  2. Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
  3. In  a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Add to the chocolate and let melt for 1 minute. With a spatula, stir the ganache until smooth. Pour over the cake, letting it run over the sides.

I am not the biggest fan of rom-coms, and there are very few that I have completely enjoyed. 

What I like about this drama is that it is not "juvenile"; the show knows it has an adult audience and it delivers.

I don't want to harp on the age difference; the only reason I bring it up is to appreciate the two leads. 

It probably is not easy to act intimate or close-up scenes - no matter how much we say it is acting - with all the cameras and crew watching you.:cheers: It must be even harder trying to be convincing with such an age gap in play. However, both LYS and ZLS are superb. Both don't shy away from, or even hesitate from what they have to do.

@SC2019 as you had mention LYS comes across as being much quieter etc and as @pad-hari had mentioned, his age, being married etc. might all contribute to this. Also from what little I can deduce from seeing his interviews etc. He seems to be more of an introvert. ZLS on the other hand seems to be an extrovert. I won't lie I was also surprised at some of her interactions with LYS in the BTS - but I wonder if she is just staying in character?! :idk:

Coming to the characters, GS and LJ compliment each other very well. It is so refreshing to find a ML that isn't afraid to show he is really into his gal and and is ready to stand-up for her. His maturity in handling his relationship with his mother is also great. Though I really hope she realises without regret what a great son she has. 

@jimmylyne I sincerely hope the end result of these clips don't disappoint :):happydance:

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

I am not the biggest fan of rom-coms, and there are very few that I have completely enjoyed. 

What I like about this drama is that it is not "juvenile"; the show knows it has an adult audience and it delivers.

I don't want to harp on the age difference; the only reason I bring it up is to appreciate the two leads. 

It probably is not easy to act intimate or close-up scenes - no matter how much we say it is acting - with all the cameras and crew watching you. It must be even harder trying to be convincing with such an age gap in play. However, both LYS and ZLS are superb. Both don't shy away from, or even hesitate from what they have to do.

@SC2019 as you had mention LYS comes across as being much quieter etc and as @pad-hari had mentioned, his age, being married etc. might all contribute to this. Also from what little I can deduce from seeing his interviews etc. He seems to be more of an introvert. ZLS on the other hand seems to be an extrovert. I won't lie I was also surprised at some of her interactions with LYS in the BTS - but I wonder if she is just staying in character?!

Coming to the characters, GS and LJ compliment each other very well. It is so refreshing to find a ML that isn't afraid to show he is really into his gal and and is ready to stand-up for her. His maturity in handling his relationship with his mother is also great. Though I really hope she realises without regret what a great son she has. 

@jimmylyne I sincerely hope the end result of these clips don't disappoint :)

So far I loved both character especially Lu Jin..like you said ..he did a very good job on handling the arrogance and condescending mom and his secretary. So far his decision always make me felt good and satisfied.. he's kind of man know what's he wanted and make sure everyone know about his choice.

As for the very sensual clips ..never seen anything like that in any kdrama/Cdrama/Turkish/Japanese/Thai/Philippines/Singapore/Indonesia..but maybe in Spanish/Venezuela..I think..

The first time I watched the clips..I was stunned ...is it possible in Cdrama?

But yeah..I hope the end we get the see the same clip even after edits..hope so.. hopefully..lol.

impressed by ZLS .. she's so brave and she apparently trust LYS as her co-star to take the lead on this very hot scene.

There's a very good feedback on weibo .. something like "LYS can kiss so well" and it even trending lol...as for ZLS "ZLS receiprocated well for open-mouthted kissed". 

17 hours ago, TRAN said:

I feel the same, maybe because he's older, married, no want any scandals, keeping it strictly as professional as possible. And I think that's what I like from actors, especially the mature ones. When watching BTS I have a feeling that Lusi doesn't treat LYS as her senior, especially the dance BTS, and it bothers me a little bit. I don't understand chinese but from the tone speaking that's the feeling I got. 

@pad-hari regarding the making out scene, why he paused in between? My take is that not because he was uncomfortable, he didn't look that way. But maybe because there was no further instructions from the director, so once he finished what he was told to do, he's got stucked haha. Anyway, it was sweet of him to hug her afterwards,  like a good senior. 

Yeah. It was so sweets of him gave a hug ..like a good experience senior actor..and possibly he even saying something to soothing and calm her.. because apparently she was shy and embarrassed..I seem to see he also gave a soft pat on her back.. wasn't it? Or maybe I'm seeing thing..

@jadore1 thks for the recipe..

10 hours ago, Nodame said:

@jimmylyne Thank you for the clip! It was that CLIP that got me to watch this drama. I watched a few more times -thanks to you . So cute! LOL.

At a work online conference, I should be listening to a session, but OMG hard not to space out. One advantage I don't have to be stuck in a hotel room in an uncomfortable seat.

I cannot wait to watch the next episodes.

You're most welcome.. glad that you and everyone enjoyed that hot and sensual clip:hooray2:

And it not a good idea to Watched something you like when working.. especially as sensual as those clips ..it will make you restless for the whole day..lol

I cant get them off my mind. I keep replaying the clips all over again and again. Im so happy that I started watching this show cause at first I dont like the male lead that much but after I watched the 2nd trailer I became obsessed. Especially when the Lu Jin pull off his shirt and crawl to Shengnan on the bed, in the boxing scene and inside the ring. I wish this drama would go viral because it is soooooooo gooooood!!!

I cant help checking every new post from you guys. 

On 9/26/2020 at 11:54 AM, Malin Kim said:

I cant get them off my mind. I keep replaying the clips all over again and again. Im so happy that I started watching this show cause at first I dont like the male lead that much but after I watched the 2nd trailer I became obsessed. Especially when the Lu Jin pull off his shirt and crawl to Shengnan on the bed, in the boxing scene and inside the ring. I wish this drama would go viral because it is soooooooo gooooood!!!

I cant help checking every new post from you guys. 

Ooo you and naughty thoughts.. it's ok..so am I..keep on replaying all the Hot and also Funny scene...

Did you catch that.. or anyone? There's a scene where the thing look like a "poop" dough , fell off just right on his crotch and left a stain..( pls don't overthinking..lol) a flour stain..it's so hilariously entertaining..and of course when they both spoke Korean.. LMAO..

Here's another BTS.

http://m.v.qq.com/play.html?vid=v0034uk69ry&ptag=887

Here's BTS with Eng sub.  ZLS is so carefree when she is corresponding with him even though he is her senior both in age and industry. Wow!!!

Cr: uploader

There's a New interview by LYS what he thinks of his character in Weibo.  I cannot post the link here.  I can understand very little Chinese.  He is very very cautious/careful in his replies.

Lets get our couple mated and wedded ASAP  so all of the 'aunties' here can breathe again  :love:...I feel like a Pagan Feast , the Witches Brew and the Mushroom Soup are all so appropriate for this Autumn Season and I want to see  Lu Jin  when Shengnan is pregnant :grin:

Oh no u guys just burst my bubbles of anticipation after watching those HOT clips..Dang, totally forgot that cdramas has a tendency to 'cut' 'cut' scenes.

Let's hope whosoever did the censoring got as hooked to those scenes and overlooked them..hehe

Yes  @jimmylyne " enjoy the feeling" and that is what to me this drama has been serving very nicely thank you .  I like the her description of the scene and she is 100% to the point ...the feeling of holding my breath while watching something so loving and beautiful , and with a big simile on my face :blush:

45 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Yes  @jimmylyne " enjoy the feeling" and that is what to me this drama has been serving very nicely thank you .  I like the her description of the scene and she is 100% to the point ...the feeling of holding my breath while watching something so loving and beautiful , and with a big simile on my face :blush:

Indeed.. "enjoy the feeling" she described it so beautifully and thoroughly on point..:hooray2:

Just wanted to share a few tidbits from fan meeting today.

*All Credit to owner on Twitter @wonwoncity

they talked about the pandemic situation, and said they feel relieved that this show can bring joy and comfort to the people who’re staying at home... aww the entire cast and producer and director are so nice

host: this show is really sweet but which exact scene makes you feel like you want to date

ZLS : its the scene when i dropped the herbal soup, and it splattered on the floor, but lujin came back into my life when i thought he was going to disappear.

host : How do you refer to each other in real life?

Lusi, without hesitation : Shu Shu (uncle)

Lin yu shen : answer properly...

lusi : GeGe (older brother)!

LYS : just Lusi...

Lusi : you meant Beauty right

LYS: yeah actually, Beauty (joking)

Enjoyed watching the fanmeet! lusi is truly a happy pill, the entire cast is so cute, the director and producer are so hardworking and they’re so touched by the good reception.

Lin yu shen is so soft irl, the way he managed to portray his role as an overbearing CEO... amazing acting skills

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

host : How do you refer to each other in real life?

Lusi, without hesitation : Shu Shu (uncle)

Lin yu shen : answer properly...

lusi : GeGe (older brother)!

Kekeke, lol lusi

So sweet cast and crew.  Thank god, no ridiculous things happened:tounge_wink: *remembering 920 event of LAR*

40 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Kekeke, lol lusi

So sweet cast and crew.  Thank god, no ridiculous things happened:tounge_wink: *remembering 920 event of LAR*

Lusi did addressed LYS as "Shen ge" well at least throughout the event..irl..idk

*Another tidbits

Cr. to owner..

He’s a real gentleman, he ate the wasabi noodles as punishment on behalf of ZLS. 

Lin yu shen is so kind , lusi asked if he can stay behind to stand next to her so she won’t be awkward singing alone, so he stood next to her.

OOT :  As for LAR's events..so many harsh comments on Twitter about Cheng Yi.. I heard he even lost so many followers...plus there's also an articles "Keep each other at arm's length" "avoiding her" "without giving her a single glance" etc etc....it was so bad..

There's a clips he look reluctantly stand close to YBY..even though someone kind of pushing him to stand a bit closer.. 

Archived