[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞

sugarplum892

I just finished episode 44.

Just want to rant a bit about some plot holes. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

Why does XJ not get upset by HC being sneaky and going behind her back to sneak into liZe and hurt so defenseless many young disciples? Also HC stabbed SF at the back! I mean those are all dishonorable ways to attack an enemy. Instead she got manipulated and felt guilty about not killing SF. This part of the story did not convince me because she is not stupid and her love for SF should make me think deeper that something else must be going on...

Another major plot hole to me is about MingYan. Why is he still involved in so many of Shao Yang affairs when he was already expelled? Doesn’t make sense at all. 

SF has been hurt by XJ more than 3x for sure but the curse has

not killed him. Maybe I missed it but how did he manage to avoid that whereas his own dad died just from being told that his late mum probably did not want him anymore once she found out about his true identity. I am really curious and annoyed by this Lover’s Curse business. Why was it not removed yet and how can it keep being there without killing SF? 

Also, how can an emperor of Heaven be cunning and sly? I thought heavenly beings are supposed to be divine and have cultivated high moral standards? I can only hope that this gets explained later.

Phew, feels better after ranting. Hah! Now let’s see what others have to say. 

23 hours ago, Ma911 S911 said:

Did HC remove her 6 senses? I thought she lost her 6 senses because in the first episode she fell into the river of forgetfulness when the demons attacked.

Only in this lifetime the 10th is XJ like that, without 6 senses and HC is responsible for that.

What I don’t understand is HC wants to make sure XJ returns to heaven so he didn’t want her to fail by starting to murder people mercilessly again. Problem is he started encouraging GOW/XJ to kill SF and even openly agree to despicable methods to attack the demons. So how does that help XJ to return to heaven if she kills SF? I mean what does HC get from doing that? She would fail the test and not able to return to heaven, right? This part, I’m confused.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 十三姨 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Why does XJ not get upset by HC being sneaky and going behind her back to sneak into liZe and hurt so defenseless many young disciples? Also HC stabbed SF at the back! I mean those are all dishonorable ways to attack an enemy. Instead she got manipulated and felt guilty about not killing SF. This part of the story did not convince me because she is not stupid and her love for SF should make me think deeper that something else must be going on...

Another major plot hole to me is about MingYan. Why is he still involved in so many of Shao Yang affairs when he was already expelled? Doesn’t make sense at all. 

not killed him. Maybe I missed it but how did he manage to avoid that whereas his own dad died just from being told that his late mum probably did not want him anymore once she found out about his true identity. I am really curious and annoyed by this Lover’s Curse business. Why was it not removed yet and how can it keep being there without killing SF? 

Also, how can an emperor of Heaven be cunning and sly? I thought heavenly beings are supposed to be divine and have cultivated high moral standards? I can only hope that this gets explained later.

Only in this lifetime the 10th is XJ like that, without 6 senses and HC is responsible for that.

What I don’t understand is HC wants to make sure XJ returns to heaven so he didn’t want her to fail by starting to murder people mercilessly again. Problem is he started encouraging GOW/XJ to kill SF and even openly agree to despicable methods to attack the demons. So how does that help XJ to return to heaven if she kills SF? I mean what does HC get from doing that? She would fail the test and not able to return to heaven, right? This part, I’m confused.

Key word is Demon, in HC twisted mind killing demons indiscriminately is not counted as murder but as ridding the world of evil. HC equates demons to Evil which is his biggest downfall. I am pretty certain that it is not the rule of heaven either where someone who has not committed a crime should be put to death based on who the were born. HC has gone for far too long without supervision.  He needs to be  rained in and punished for the evils he has committed in the name of supposed peace. He has brought nothing but war and calamity to the 3 realms. The end does not justify the means and the means have been perverse and evil to their core. Severe punishment is due to him and i am so ready for it to be dished out. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, 十三姨 said:

Hide contents

XJ doesn't know HC would be so deceitful, goes behind her back. 

Spoiler

That is way she agree to retreat from Lize Palace in the first place, and believe SF once more.

But because SF wanna avenge to HC due to killing Lize Palace young pupils, he seems unfaithful to his promise from XJ's view. But then in the duel, she still doesn't have the heart to kill SF.

She's being manipulated by HC because she's angry to SF because he's lying.

About the love curse, i also don't quite understand, but i think SF manage to hold the 2nd love poison reaching his heart, from hearing Brother Liu conversation with SF after the duel in Lize Palace. Because after the feather in his hand gone, it should've follow by the feather (poison) reach his heart, if he can't suppressed it.

But then at Shaoyang barrier, XJ really did stab SF, that makes the 2nd poison manage to reach his heart.

About Bailin Dijun, being a heavenly being with high position, he should have not being cunning & sly. I think he manage to get higher position due to his past merits, but he cross that line with Luo Huo Ji Du incident. Beside God of War herself doesn't be a heavenly being through proper channel so to speak, she comes from Bailin machination.

And i think the reason why HC used such an awful way to make XJ return to heaven, is because he see SF as obstraction to his goal, and being him also a demon, make him found justification to kill him and others demons. He want XJ to not get distracted by love (SF), the reason is i think also because he want to have a full control of XJ.

But the tribulation XJ has, is actually come from SF's (as heaven creature) help so God of War didn't die in heaven due to Bailin punishment. He wanna ease God of War hostility/anger with him also gone down to mortal realms accompanying her.

Also about Mingyan,

Spoiler

yes he does get expelled, but his teacher also said that Shaoyang is still his home. And to go to war with demon is everyone's business in his teacher's view, and Mingyan also offer to help them, so he still manage to get involved.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

Key word is Demon, in HC twisted mind killing demons indiscriminately is not counted as murder but as ridding the world of evil. HC equates demons to Evil which is his biggest downfall. I am pretty certain that it is not the rule of heaven either where someone who has not committed a crime should be put to death based on who the were born. HC has gone for far too long without supervision.  He needs to be  rained in and punished for the evils he has committed in the name of supposed peace. He has brought nothing but war and calamity to the 3 realms. The end does not justify the means and the means have been perverse and evil to their core. Severe punishment is due to him and i am so ready for it to be dished out. 

Actually, it's not frowned upon for any heavenly being to kill demons, speaking in general xianxia/taoism mythology. Demons are originally animals and they become demons/spirits by cultivating for immortality, which is a taboo as only humans are allowed to practice. In xianxia fiction and Taoism tradition, you will often hear stories about fox demons/spirits practicing until a certain level and when they reach that level, the heaven will interfere and punish them by striking lightning to them, making them return to their animal form or worse, killing them. We call it 天劫 or heavenly tribulation. But in the case of HC, I also agree with you that the ends do not justify the means, he shouldn't be out there actively killing demons. Heavenly immortals are allowed to kill demons but most of them do it only when those demons are harming living beings. However in xianxia fiction, you can often find Taoist priests who actively search for demons in the mortal realm and eliminate them even when those demons may not have done anything wrong but by merely existing.

• Like 3

The curse 3 times is a plot hole. Should have happened already by the end of ep 47.

Ep 44- 47 explanation 

Spoiler

The theme that the Love & Redemption screenwriter wants to express is redemption.  For SF and XJ, one of them is God and the other is a demon. 

Xuanji is the demon star. It is not just that she has a hostile spirit (Li Qi) hidden in her body. In the previous 9 lives, Sifeng died because of her hostility, but he also reduced her hostility each time. Although XJ seems to be carefree and innocent in this lifetime. Sifeng is the key that begin her hostility in this lifetime. When she became the god of war on ep 10, she had no sense of mind. Sifeng was able to wake her up when he called out her name. He can reduce her hostility but he can also arouse it.

What she cares about deception is actually not only deception. The point is Sifeng’s deception. Sifeng can resolve the hostility in her heart because he is the existence of redemption in her mind and the source of her belief. Once this is broken, she will once again return back to the God of War a thousand years ago with murder intents. It will be more fatal if she changes back to Mosha Xing.

So she didn't really care about the justice views of the sects, but Sifeng's deceit shattered her rebuilding believes.

Some people might think she cares about Haochen way too much, that's why she wanted to kill Sifeng. Actually, it is not. Haochen's death is just the last straw that crushed her. In fact, her focus is on Sifeng. She had illusions before, but Haochen's death told her that Sifeng was deceiving her from start to finish, she was turning into a demon. Remember there was a ep where Siming said God of war' pillar was growing hostility.

In fact, the deception of other people doesn't  have that great effect on her at all. Haochen is just a tool here. Either when the misunderstanding is solved, Haochen's deception doesn't have much effect on her because only Si Feng is the key.

So, God loves the world but demon is only concerned with one person. That's why XJ was yelling over and over again why did SF lied to her at the scene of Qinggu. She still helped him until ep 42 when SF said he would lied to her thousand times to get what he wants. Although she has a loving family and friends around her and it appears she cares a lot about them. Her love for them and cares about them is only surface level. In fact,the essence of Asura made her only care about Sifeng. She only cares about Sifeng’s deception, everything else can be overlooked.

If Sifeng was not so sincere, as long as he is willing to lie to her and brainwashing like Haochen, the effect will be several times stronger than Haochen. As long as he doesn't tell the truth, even if all the evidence is in front of her, XJ will still believe him. Which is why she said that as long as he said he was not a demon, she would believe it.
It was obvious that everyone in Lize Palace are demon. But as long as Sifeng says no, she will believe it. Sifeng wanted to protect her and admits that he lied to her and he is a demon. This is critical, other things aren't as important. Demons are extreme. Extreme love will also lead to extreme reactions.

Regarding why Hao Chen deliberately wanted to kill Sifeng in the end, even at the expense of even killing XJ, is it really just because of love?

Because only he knows the truth about Mosha Xing and that she is Luo Hou Jidu, and Si Feng has too much influence on her. Hao Chen knows well that he has lost control of her. Although on the surface he is pulling Xuanji to the right side, but in fact, as long as Sifeng does not die, the hidden danger will always be there.

Therefore, since it is impossible to ensure that Sifeng is killed, he can only be relieved by killkng Xuanji together. The DiJu is paranoid and suspicious person. A thousand years ago, he did not believe in Luo Hou Jidu, and after a thousand years he did not believe in Sifeng. He thought he was doing what's the best thing for the Three Realms. As it turned out, he is right. The glass lamp will be broke because of Sifeng.

After understanding these logic, the plot of the past few days was completely clear.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

A short video on cheng yi.  some parts have eng sub, but if somebody who knows chinese, can just give a gist on how he has come to be this popular from the start of his career.  He can sing and wow, can dance too.  He is very athletic and competitive.  waaah.  look at the reality shows he has participated:crazymad:

cr:uploader

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, poipoipo said:

Love this drama!!so much I reactivated my account to talk here haha. Can I say that I lovee sifeng..but i also kinda like hao chens visuals? Lollll first time I like both guys!!! Anyone feel the same or just me???

The actor playing HC is very handsome indeed. I only started not enjoying his visual when he became too despicable, funny how our perception of beauty changes with knowledge of another person’s morality. 

8 hours ago, zhxzhx said:

Actually, it's not frowned upon for any heavenly being to kill demons, speaking in general xianxia/taoism mythology. Demons are originally animals and they become demons/spirits by cultivating for immortality, which is a taboo as only humans are allowed to practice. In xianxia fiction and Taoism tradition, you will often hear stories about fox demons/spirits practicing until a certain level and when they reach that level, the heaven will interfere and punish them by striking lightning to them, making them return to their animal form or worse, killing them. We call it 天劫 or heavenly tribulation. But in the case of HC, I also agree with you that the ends do not justify the means, he shouldn't be out there actively killing demons. Heavenly immortals are allowed to kill demons but most of them do it only when those demons are harming living beings. However in xianxia fiction, you can often find Taoist priests who actively search for demons in the mortal realm and eliminate them even when those demons may not have done anything wrong but by merely existing.

I guess it makes a bit more sense knowing that killing demons is not considered an evil act in heavenly realm. But doing it through any means seem a little despicable, which is how HC operate in his mind. So for HC he feels that he is protecting the 3 realms by being able to destroy/control all demons using God of War/XJ? 

• Like 3

omg im just gonna ffwd all of the 

Spoiler

torture scenes. Mingyan is seriously damn annoying and useless. And the sect leaders.RickRoll'D. haochen is annoying but the actor is so handsome..why did they choose such a handsome bad guy. I wish he was uglier than I'd hate him more. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, pa ma said:

Wow so freaking hot. Don't understand why they cut out?

I knoww!! I hope they will release the extended version of the director'cut and include the scenes.

It supposed to be 72 episode though, before the censorship cut them. :unamused:

• Like 1

OMG!!! THATS HOT!!!!! WOW!!!! REALLY HOPE THEY RELEASE THE FULL VERSION OF THAT KISS.

Actually there is a second bed scene too before their wedding apart from the one shown in ep.52 in the novel.  did they edit that too in the reduced episodes??:sad1:

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:46 AM, eclipse02 said:

I think CY's acting is good, he can portray many expressions of SF, from experiencing 1st love and happy in love, cool headed/calm in learning hardship, broken from betrayal, feel helpless, anxious, afraid, angry, brave and also manipulative as

Reveal hidden contents

Moshaxing (pretend to be).

I'm happy i found him in this drama & look forward to his projects. I just hope his projects has solid story, so it can maximize his acting.

The Three Lives Three Worlds series made their male leads superstars.  The original made Mark Chao famous along with Vengo Gao. Vengo had a sequel, The Eternal Love of Dream. 

This series made Cheng Yi's star rise.  He really carried the series.  Hope that he is not typecasted in the future, so that he can expand his craft. Maybe he will take on roles that are so unlike this one like Lu Han has been doing so far.  

I did not mention Love and Destiny, because it was eclipsed by The Untamed. I am not sure that it did anything for Chang Chen's career.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

Hope that he is not typecasted in the future, so that he can expand his craft. Maybe he will take on roles that are so unlike this one like Lu Han has been doing so far.  

But sorry to say he has signed up for too many historical dramas till 2022, I suppose and only 1/2 modern romcoms.  If u chek MDL, you can see his signed upcoming dramas.  One of the dramas is going to air from today.

I've never seen cheng yi before this must say that I lovee him so much now. Good to know his star is rising! Hope he becomes a super star esp in China with tons of endorsements hahaa 

Anyway i think sifeng has got to be the only character in xian xia history to be

Spoiler

rejected 9x ( even more in this life )by the woman he loves and also the only lead with the worst amount of injuries inflicted to him and the most number of times a male lead vomits out blood. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

OMG!!! THATS HOT!!!!! WOW!!!! REALLY HOPE THEY RELEASE THE FULL VERSION OF THAT KISS.

Actually there is a second bed scene too before their wedding apart from the one shown in ep.52 in the novel.  did they edit that too in the reduced episodes??

Pretty sure they didn't film that part. 

9 hours ago, pa ma said:

Wow so freaking hot. Don't understand why they cut out?

Most likely censorship, XJ said she will tie him up and do whatever she wants with him hahhaa

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Why didn't they film it ??? Omg it's annoying. They should give us the bed scene since we've been waiting so long for them to be together!! Arghh. Hate them. Can't they just release it on netflix. Then they won't have to worry about censorship i mean come on even if they did film it , it would at most be a mild..?  What century are we in?? Jeez

• Like 1
  • LOL 2