• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahaha, the meme from Weibo.

someone combined the full kiss scene for ep 52   so hot  

not gonna lie HC truly is the definition of a demon in heavens clothing  

I’m caught up reading this thread from page 5 and on ! :sweat_smile:

I’m on episode 17 currently. My friend introduced me to this drama but my heart is weak.. which upcoming angsty episodes do I need to skip :sweat_smile:

love the actor chengyi’s performance and always enjoy zhang jie’s voice acting. I really like the actor Hao Chen from Destiny of White Snake so a bit bummed that he’s playing this villain here. 

• Like 4
20 hours ago, ScarlettRose said:

I cannot help but sing the song Starting Over Again by Natalie Cole everytime I watch an episode after I've seen how SF loved XJ for 9 lifetimes. I just love how he loves her. I have loved SF since ep 1 and I love CY now after watching 30 episodes. He's perfect as SF.

I feel Evanescence "My Immortal" for XJ and SF.

So star-crossed and so sad.

• Like 2
On 8/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, dashmount20 said:

there is a part on ep 16 where SiFeng Tatto appear. what is the Tattoo mean?

@dashmount20 The tattoo is a mark symbolizing the Lover’s Curse. It has 3 petals and each time SF is hurt by love, the curse activated and a petal will disappear. After 3 activations (being hurt by live 3x), SF will die from the curse, unless his true love can dispel the curse which XJ hasn’t able to do probably because her heart is made from glass. 

On 9/1/2020 at 1:41 PM, maryly09 said:

i have just finished watching episode 27 too. gosh, so intense! i absolutely love it. so much was revealed within the last two episodes. i absolutely love the badass God of War! and i agreed with what the two above members said about XJ having too much hatred in her heart that she wasn't able to love SF in the past 9 lives.

however, one thing that i DO NOT understand was.....from the very beginning, hao chen made it sound like XJ and SF were deeply in love in the past 9 lifetimes. that's why he tries so hard to prevent them from falling in love this lifetime. so all this time, i was under the impression that XJ and SF were star-crossed lovers in the past 9 lifetimes.....only to find out that she never loved him in any of those lifetime and that she actually killed him in those 9 lifetimes. sure, her hatred was too high that it clouded her from love, but still, she didn't love him at all. i hope there is a truth somewhere that's not revealed yet, that will show that XJ did loved SF in those 9 lifetimes. otherwise, the whole point of hao chen preventing XJ from meeting SF is pointless bc it was XJ who did more harm to SF and SF did not affect XJ in her tribulations at all.

also, in episode 16, hao chen, talking to himself, asked, "why can't you overcome that tribulation of love?" so based on this question alone, i was under the impression that XJ failed each tribulation because of love. yet, according to what SF saw in the mirror, it was definitely not love....at least not from XJ. i don't understand at all. 

My understanding was that HC wanted to make sure XJ is not triggered by urges to kill (Strong emotions) in her last lifetime also her last trial. He wants to make sure she can pass the test and return to Heaven. The test is to make sure she no longer holds grudges, can forgive and no longer kill mercilessly. SF being in the picture is a trigger for love and probably lust which is a form of strong emotion. That’s why HC removes her six senses in the 10th lifetime and made her lazy and mellow so she can easily pass the test. But if she has strong feelings for anyone it can trigger her natural instincts to kill which we saw whenever she wanted to protect someone she loves especially SF. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
31 minutes ago, 十三姨 said:

@dashmount20 The tattoo is a mark symbolizing the Lover’s Curse. It has 3 petals and each time SF is hurt by love, the curse activated and a petal will disappear. After 3 activations (being hurt by live 3x), SF will die from the curse, unless his true love can dispel the curse which XJ hasn’t able to do probably because her heart is made from glass. 

My understanding was that HC wanted to make sure XJ is not triggered by urges to kill (Strong emotions) in her last lifetime also her last trial. He wants to make sure she can pass the test and return to Heaven. The test is to make sure she no longer holds grudges, can forgive and no longer kill mercilessly. SF being in the picture is a trigger for love and probably lust which is a form of strong emotion. That’s why HC removes her six senses in the 10th lifetime and made her lazy and mellow so she can easily pass the test. But if she has strong feelings for anyone it can trigger her natural instincts to kill which we saw whenever she wanted to protect someone she loves especially SF. 

Did HC remove her 6 senses? I thought she lost her 6 senses because in the first episode she fell into the river of forgetfulness when the demons attacked.

• Like 1
On 8/27/2020 at 1:18 AM, gladiolii said:

@ayang23 I like what Cheng Yi had to say about how it's not really HC's fault, that no one's particularly at fault because it's merely a matter of a difference in thought/opinion. I think that's pretty much my interpretation as well. There is no ultimate good vs ultimate evil really. They are all shades of gray. Demons can be kind and virtuous, and gods/righteous sects can be narrowminded/blind when they obsessively follow their ideals and ignore the carnage they leave behind.

@Nat_93 I don't buy that story for one second tbh. Not sure how far in you are, but in case you don't want to get spoiled:

Hide contents

the flashbacks of the god of war have all been about her confronting Bailin about how he tricked and controlled her, that she doesn't even have her own name or friends/family because he doesn't want her to find out where she came from. She also talks about how heaven used her as their god of war and that she's just a joke to them.

It doesn't line up at all with that story of a spurned woman who rebelled due to jealousy. There is something Baidi did to her that we don't know about, though we can be sure he probably thinks she was the one who betrayed him. The exciting part will be finding out just what it is, and how this cover story plays into it. I agree that Baidi is a tragic character though. He was at a disadvantage to begin with, with no understanding of emotions, and that's probably why he did whatever he did. If I'm going to guess, it's going to be his downfall in the later episodes.

@Minnieee33 Same, I would hate for it to be left on a cliffhanger and have to wait another week. I think I'll wait until more previews come out for the later episodes so I get an idea of what the fallout is like first.

On a separate, unrelated note: HC's reactions to Teng She were hilarious in ep. 34, and I'm thoroughly impressed by Zhang Yuxi in today's episodes. Specifically,

Hide contents

her reactions are spot on how a victim would react to that kind of trauma. I had to replay it multiple times to watch the details play out across her face. So good!

I skipped Intense Love because that's really not my cup of tea, but I would love to see more dramatic acting from this actress in the future. Also, if there are any fellow HC fans,

Hide contents

his reaction to MY and LL leaving the sect tells us that he is not without mercy--he definitely feels for them. There are quite a lot of reaction shots from him, which is the director trying to tell us that he's not heartless or 无情 (same characters for the unfeeling mantra). The way I read this is that he has deviated from his original god persona quite a lot already. Perhaps it's not a far cry to say that he has also deviated from his dao. Not only is he no longer neutral and acting only in the interest of the realms, but this 情 is going to blind him to any decision he makes. He's just oblivious to just how blinded he is.

Very interesting take on HC character. I think this character is interesting and deep, deserving of deeper analysis. I don’t hate HC, I always feel he is coming from his own perspective and his way of doing things is through control and manipulations. Not that I agree with that style. Point is he is interesting because he is not 100% good nor evil. Complex character with personality flaws. 

15 hours ago, Ma911 S911 said:

Did HC remove her 6 senses? I thought she lost her 6 senses because in the first episode she fell into the river of forgetfulness when the demons attacked.

There was one scene of HC internal dialogue when he said he removed her 6 senses. I am not too sure how it works in the novel because I didn’t read the book but purely from the drama that’s what he said in the scene, unless I misunderstood. Haha

On 8/25/2020 at 6:39 PM, rosierosie said:

EP 18 when SF and XJ kiss was so cute. Haha she got so nervous she handed him the apple; lol reminds me of Twilight. 

HaoChen says she doesn't have a heart, so how can she falls in love? I'm confused by this too.

And Hao Cheng, wtheck, he's such a conniving thug. How can he stole the heart plant and do that!!! Ughh, I'm not gonna like Hao Chen anymore. He has veyr disappointing me.

And Siming lol, his novel is funny...so comedic. 

My understanding is XJ still couldn’t live romantically like normal people because of the glass heart but since she has some of her senses back, she was able to feel and develop feelings for SF. Love triumphs apparent challenges and physical disabilities, is the main point I think. Love is never logical anyway.

On 8/13/2020 at 10:24 AM, Dundee said:

Love this drama and the storyline is exciting. But i think the male lead’s acting is quite stiff

I agree here that the male lead is rather new to acting ie I am not too impressed with his subtle facial impressions. Allen Ren is way better as a newbie actor with micro expressions. SF is okay with acting out painful expressions. I think with a few more projects his acting skills will improve. 

Spoiler

I’m at epi 39, and really glad that Fox spirit talked some sense to XJ. Fox explained some basic things about love relationship to XJ. Communication and understanding are basic ingredients for any relationships and all these misunderstandings cause a lot of unnecessary angst and drama, which is what viewers/readers like I guess. For me, I don’t like too much angst, so Fox clearing a lot of the misunderstandings is helping to ease the pain. Her proposed solution is also very wise as she is the best person to advise XJ being a thousand years old fox who had so much time to contemplate her love towards monkey. 

• Like 5

Point of discussion:

do you think little silver flower, SF’s spirit animal is in love with SF or is it purely out of loyalty to her owner/master that she is always so protective of SF? 

and what makes you think so? If this is explicitly revealed later, I don’t mind spoilers.

I feel that the snake pet has feelings for SF but uses the excuse of him being her master to cover up her true feelings. 

8 hours ago, grainsofrain said:

Sometimes Cheng Yi reminds me of Nicky Wu. 
and Yuan Lang reminds me of Ethan Ruan. 

Cheng Yi reminds me of young Nicholas Tse. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, 十三姨 said:

Point of discussion:

do you think little silver flower, SF’s spirit animal is in love with SF or is it purely out of loyalty to her owner/master that she is always so protective of SF? 

and what makes you think so? If this is explicitly revealed later, I don’t mind spoilers.

I feel that the snake pet has feelings for SF but uses the excuse of him being her master to cover up her true feelings. 

I think SF's snake pet does love SF, close to obsession. And SF know this too in the end,

Spoiler

when Xiao Yi Hua see SF in Lize Palace after SF as Moshaxing. And they went separate ways. But XYH always feel SF doesn't reciprocate her love is because the master & pet's relationships, so she always find away to break free. And the finale in eps 53, she got trick by Yuelang and in the end hurting SF in the process. And she realize then that although she manage to break free from the master-pet relationships, but SF still love XJ.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, 十三姨 said:

I agree here that the male lead is rather new to acting ie I am not too impressed with his subtle facial impressions. Allen Ren is way better as a newbie actor with micro expressions. SF is okay with acting out painful expressions. I think with a few more projects his acting skills will improve. 

Hide contents

I hope he’s getting better towards the latter episodes, i’m still on the earlier eps since i’m waiting for the sub

• Like 1

I think CY's acting is good, he can portray many expressions of SF, from experiencing 1st love and happy in love, cool headed/calm in learning hardship, broken from betrayal, feel helpless, anxious, afraid, angry, brave and also manipulative as

Spoiler

Moshaxing (pretend to be).

I'm happy i found him in this drama & look forward to his projects. I just hope his projects has solid story, so it can maximize his acting.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Love and Redemption 琉璃美人煞