[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

28 minutes ago, hello210 said:

Actually I think the ‘pretense’ of divorce continues cause there’s a preview scene where Shiyi is in common people clothes and she tries to touch LingYi’s face but he pushes her hand away. But you can see the strained tension on his face like he’s doing something he doesn’t really want to but has to. Seven and Wallace look awesome in those emotional scenes.

Oh gosh, if this is the case then I'd be so disappointed. I always get frustrated when the ML unilaterally decides what's best for the FL and deliberately pushes her away with some excuse (e.g. ML dying but don't want the FL to be sad so pushes her away w/o explaining the real reason). This type of plot is really spiking up my blood pressure. 

I hope the separation is mutually agreed as part of a complot theory they both come up with to deceive the external folks or to lure her mom's murderer. 

I find there’s so much going on and I hope they can fit it all in 45 episodes since they had to cut out 5 episodes. I’m not sure how episodes are determined because there are shows with like 78 episodes and then there are shows where they have to shorten it in order for it to pass screening. -_-“ we have the Sea banned and corrupted Ou family, Shiyi mother’s murder, our FL and ML misunderstanding, Concubine Qiao to deal with. I just hope everything ties in with one another. I’m sure there’ll be loose ends. I also hope if Concubine Qin is evil in some areas. Then someone takes in 5th brother kid. Maybe the princess will turn a new leaf. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Polly said:

Oh gosh, if this is the case then I'd be so disappointed. I always get frustrated when the ML unilaterally decides what's best for the FL and deliberately pushes her away with some excuse (e.g. ML dying but don't want the FL to be sad so pushes her away w/o explaining the real reason). This type of plot is really spiking up my blood pressure. 

I hope the separation is mutually agreed as part of a complot theory they both come up with to deceive the external folks or to lure her mom's murderer. 

Yeah...from what I’ve seen, that trope gets used quite often in historical dramas. I got really frustrated with it in Legend of YunXi but still liked the couple :joy:.  

• Like 1

The voicover's voice has been sped up 2×. Why why why?

Spoiler

Its only speculations. She says she thinks the little girl is their daughter. But since she's the official wife shouldn't she have more children?

Besides 2 more boys are missing. Plus Concubine Qin vs the missing Concubine Qiao.

And Danyang's child is missing too. Only Zhun- ge who should be older is missing. Or rather its not Zhun- ge? Anyway 2 more boys in their family is missing excluding Danyang's kid 

1 hour ago, Super_Dede said:
  Hide contents

I have no idea it was sped up. But I think she’s assuming Hupo is involved with Concubine Qin. 

Agreed, more specifically -- 

Spoiler

It doesn't say involved w/ Concubine Qin specifically, but says that Hupo was chased out of the manor b/c she betrayed Shiyi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, allarice said:

Hide contents

It doesn't say involved w/ Concubine Qin specifically, but says that Hupo was chased out of the manor b/c she betrayed Shiyi

thank you! It was hard to understand for me lol since my Chinese is not that great lol. 

Spoiler

I’m going to be so sad if that’s the case. Shiyi support Hupo and trust her. I wonder what she did and who influenced her.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

thank you! It was hard to understand for me lol since my Chinese is not that great lol. 

Hide contents

I’m going to be so sad if that’s the case. Shiyi support Hupo and trust her. I wonder what she did and who influenced her.

Spoiler

I think Hupo is probably going to betray her because of Daddy Tang. Remember it seems that Hupo fell for Daddy Tang so jealousy may be what turns her. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, allarice said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you...was finally able to google translate the writing.:joy:

Spoiler

Google translate of the four lines:

Er-saw is present so the last big boss is not Er-saw. (I think big boss means enemy)

The child between Huoye and Shiyi should be their daughter.

The last big boss is Qin Yiniang.

Hupo was kicked out for betraying Shiyi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I hope hupo did not join hands with Madam Qiao in putting her the death sentence coz of jealousy:bawling:

Noooo!:weary: I saw a similar plot line of harming the FL in rebel princess.Don't want a repeat of it here.Why can't smart maids be good and loyal throughout for a change?

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Who in the Hupo?

Sorry. To avoid one liners.... why is Shiyi's having a such long nail on her 5th finger? Is this a purposeful detail or did the production team missed it?

It may be on purpose. Longer nails on the pinky and sometimes the ring finger next to it is a status symbol...wealth/power and not having to do hard labor...so seen in a lot of noble households. From what I read, men also grew their nails long for this reason too. Those two fingers, especially the pinky are the least used fingers so they can grow longer. Some use fingernail guards over those nails to protect them. Fingernail guards started in Ming Dynasty but very popular in Qing Dynasty so you see it a lot in those historical dramas like Yanxi Palace.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

46 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Who in the Hupo?

Sorry. To avoid one liners.... why is Shiyi's having a such long nail on her 5th finger? Is this a purposeful detail or did the production team missed it?

Hupo is the servant that was given to her by madam luo. The one that wanted to stop her from going to the temple. I believe they translate her name as like Amber? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The voicover's voice has been sped up 2×. Why why why?

Hide contents

Its only speculations. She says she thinks the little girl is their daughter. But since she's the official wife shouldn't she have more children?

Besides 2 more boys are missing. Plus Concubine Qin vs the missing Concubine Qiao.

And Danyang's child is missing too. Only Zhun- ge who should be older is missing. Or rather its not Zhun- ge? Anyway 2 more boys in their family is missing excluding Danyang's kid 

Spoiler

The three boys are older so think two of them are military and Yu-ge is an official. So pictured is Danyang’s kid and Shiyi’s. I heard in the novel Shiyi and LingYi have a girl and boy together but the ending picture only shows girl.

There was a preview showing Qiao Yiniang order the guards to kill...I wonder if that is when Shiyi is attacked and LingYi comes to save her (the fighting scene). 

Rewatching ep18 and couldn’t help wondering if that was the first time one of his wives got the privilege of sleeping on his bed. The distant way that he treated his wives (except Shiyi), it wouldn’t seem like any of them would. ;):D Usually the husband visit the wives in their own courtyard and sleeps there for their husbandly duties.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Omg!omg!!! Their chemistry wow!!! The BTS video of our OTP.

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4609530794016792/4609532133116808

The cutie pies.:smooches2:

Those boys are so cute!! :teaze:
Agree on their chemistry. Wallace Chung and Seven Tan look like they really had fun working together. Would love to see them in another project together. Loving how they’re both doing in this drama...just their facials can tell s whole story in some scenes. :fatso: Wallace is multi-talented and seeing him in clips of Street Dance of China, he can hang with the best of them.

• Like 4