[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

1 hour ago, MinGoLove said:

@YaMomsChestHair! darling thank you for explaining it so well... it;s not that we didnot care about the drama ending..but.. hmmmm... how can i put this well.. we actually are MORE CONCERNED about and praying for the ROYAL ANCESTRAL SHRINE of LMH and KGE in real life... we're already collecting some funds and some ladies even started to make their own movie to earn some profits and actually build that shrine in BUSAN and worship there everyday like cray cray.... 

:lol::joy: Thank you for this My Dear!! I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! OMFG!! Thank you for making my day and brightening up my mood!! 

• LOL 4

22 minutes ago, Sansaja said:

Omg, the sunset scene is my favourite too!! I rewatched it multiple times, even remember that scene in the beginning of ep 9 and middle of ep 11. ^^

Ditto! My favourite, too! There’s something so precious and special about the sunset scene. Let’s not forget the photo LMH posted on IG.:heart3:

• Love 7

10 hours ago, bpwinces! said:

RCL :heart: I come with my finished work AND a new found goody (for me) though I don't know if it's been discussed here before.

I feel so WEIRD giving my own videos here, I'm so sorry!!- but this is the easiest way for me to point things as I'm still learning the art of soompi and how to post gifs/pics/etc anyway -

So watching back xD at 2:47 when LMH mentions that she "falls asleep as soon as she lies down" DID Y'ALL SEE HER EYES (+face) THEN!? She makes them big for like a fraction of a sec - almost as though she was scared he was going to spill/share more or something dangerous!!! :w00t: I JUST noticed this- !

(sorry if it was already discussed earlier).

:wub: They're so happy :wub:

Now back to page 576 :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, gwin said:

I'm confused.  Everyone is saying it's a boys trip with LMH's close friends.  But was there any proof JIW or KB was there in Jeju island too?  Were there IG photos also?

There weren’t any photos but the cafe staff posted online and said the 4 of them were present. 

Over here in delusional island, I still believe they were all there initially for celebrating the end of TKEM but lmh and wdh just decided to extend the trip with their separate friends. Unless they all just happened to be in Jeju island at the same time as kge’s friends and there is no connection. Then I’m just a clown :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, violet1326 said:

I thought this, too. The girl at the back of LMH’s photo is wearing more of a midi dress not maxi.:sweatingbullets:

Me too. I believe both girls are different. The pic of the girl in white maxi up was posted by some random girl on her insta sometime around may 20-25. There's no way LMH was in jeju during may since TKEM shooting was ongoing. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, jy_cohh said:

I understand your frustration with me, in that I'm not whole heartedly agreeing with your perspective. I do think the way Knetz interpret things is very relevant though, because at the end of the day we international fans do not share the same culture as them and therefore there are things that are lost in translation in terms of how we perceive things. My personal opinion. 

@jy_cohh why are you so reluctant to leave and yet you still keep feeding negativity here, I understand it’s hard but if you don’t believe in this ship anymore it’s okay, I had to respond to you from page 579. 

You dropped an epistle today after you said good bye yesterday and it’s still looks like you aren’t convinced despite your long explanation: 

You keep hammering of knetz, but some of them still ship these two and the number that are on board doesn’t matter as you can’t compare their percentage to the total percentage of international fans on board this ship. It can never be comparable based on population it’s like 1:15, one country versus 15 countries. 

Love transcends all culture and the language of love is the same worldwide that’s why they kiss on the lips in kdramas and use body language to act love, we all fall in love with the same signs whether Asian, Caucasian or black, we are all humans with blood flowing and out genetics of love is the same. That’s why foreigner fall on Love with each other and marry. 

So kindly stop all that arguments of trying to change people’s mind about what they see, when it’s their delulu or their opinion. 

I also recall you were shipping KGE with her tune in to love partner when you arrived on this thread and you also kept trying to clarify and change people’s mind about LMH’s actions, you did it alot of times and I understand you may not like him for KGE and will look for any simple reason to cave out and it looks like you have it now , it may be a good time to go back to that KGExJHI ship, you can resurrect it since you don’t really believe in this one anymore. 

Let those of us who believe in these two spazz and be delusional in peace, this is a delusional shipping thread anyways :cold_sweat:

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, YaMomsChestHair! said:

PLEASE READ THIS. IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE ENDING OF TKEM!

*Note: I do not use social media, so someone feel free to share this enlightening senior thesis with everyone else who has watched this drama...

After waiting patiently since Ep. 16 aired on Friday,  I have searched around here (I just found you gang of loons last Thursday and have enthusiastically joined) and all over Youtube for someone else to catch on to the ending besides yours truly. It is time to for me to educate y'all about the ending of this drama because no one has gotten it yet!

Everyone has spent the duration of this drama, mentioning how you have to pay attention to every piece of dialogue, in order to not miss anything. (It is one of the things that makes this drama's re-watch factor really high) Did y'all really think the writer was going to stop doing this on the last episode? No booboo!

Some watchers have said that they are sad it ended without them getting married ever or her becoming Queen. That is incorrect. 

*Insert Maury level, "You are NOT the father!" applause and gasps*

Want some receipts?? Well Mama's got some CVS level ones...let's do this!

Let's roll it back to Ep.1: Do y'all remember when Head Court Lady Noh was placing the talismans in Lee Gon's bedroom? Yes? Well, what did she say? "It is the King's duty to produce an heir..." hence the talismans, to lure hisself a lady.

Forward to Ep.2: *Tae Eul is looking through Gon's belongings and grabs his wallet* In his wallet is a talisman he missed, being held by the woman who is going to fulfill the talisman's purpose. She asks him what it is, Gon answers "Think of it as the Head Court Lady's concern over the Royal Ancestral Shrine." *Gon smirks*

On to Ep. 10: *Tae Eul brings Yeong food, they have a conversation* Yeong asks her if she plans on traveling back and forth between worlds when everything is over and tells her that Gon is a King and should only be with someone who will be his Queen.  

Forward to Ep. 16: *Tae Eul is hiding in the Tony Stark mask of beautification.* Lee Gon says to Lady Noh, "Your talisman must've worked. I'm her letting her use my personal item. You should know what that means." (aka, I am gonna wife this FINEass woman right here)
Lady Noh responds, " I have been wondering when the Royal Ancestral Shrine will be completed. Will it be completed next year?"

*Gon smiles*

Thus, my precious colleagues, ROYAL ANCESTRAL SHRINE is code for little Lee Gon's and little Tae Eul's and obviously her becoming Queen before that. Lady Noh hints at a timeline of a year. So they will get married within a year and have a child within that time-frame too. How is that not a happy ending?? 

Others were saying, how can she become Queen, when Luna is in that world too? Lee Gon did not give a single DAMN about it when he announced Tae Eul to be his Queen the first time, why would he care a second time? Also remember, the flute has been used by his ancestors, it is commonplace for them to move between worlds, how did Lady Noh end up there? Through Lee Gon's grandpa... 
Moreover, Tae Eul HAS to become Queen, I thought the writer made that VERY clear and the last episode made it even clearer that she would be free to go back and forth between worlds, if she wished to do so. When she and Gon were parting at the obelisks after going to the palace, Tae Eul says that she does not want to leave. I took that to mean that eventually she will choose to stay with him longer, in other words, marry him and only go to her own world on the weekends.

Their last words in the drama, were essentially, that their life together is going to be weird because their fate is special, but they will take it a day at a time because their love is forever. In conclusion, Lee Gon and Tae Eul do get married and have little princes and/or princesses, it is just discussed as an event in the near future. Honestly, I have seen maybe two dramas in 7 years, where the characters are shown actually married and maybe one where they show them with kiddos and everything. Maybe it is just me, but it is quite rare when they tie the story up with a bow neatly. I almost never expect it in K-dramas, even less so in J-Dramas. 

Sorry for the thesis, but I HAD to mention that Royal Ancestral Shrine thing because no one seemed to notice it. Back to the ship!

Yeah Its good open ending regarding marriage and children. We are all free to imagine to our hearts content

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Wow guys... I feel like I need to take a vacation from work in order to keep up with this thread. I had to catch up another 30 something pages!!! :sweat_smile:

I can see lots of intense emotions running high... Hopefully everyone can just take a breather and stay positive and respectful towards each other. :blush:

Anyway, some thoughts after watching the bts.

Did it feel as lively as the previous bts? Nope. However, I think the reason why things feel a little “off” is because 1) they are at the end of filming with an insane schedule, working long hours during the wee hours of the night - Everyone must be exhausted. I believe that’s what we see and feel during the bts. 2) The last episode was jam packed with so many different scenes. I feel like they edited the scenes as short as possible so they could include as many as possible. 3) It’s the last episode so of course the staff are sad! Us as viewers feel this!

When the very first photos came out before episode 16 aired with KGE holding flowers, I also thought they were given by staff. I feel so excited knowing that LMH gave them to her! :love: WHY? Because in East Asian cultures, the type and colour of flowers you give someone is important and has A LOT of meaning. For example, white chrysanthemums are associated with mourning so you would typically never give those to someone. Of course, red roses mean LOVE. Some will say LMH asked his staff to buy the flowers as he wouldn’t have time to go and get them himself. True. But he would absolutely recommend which colour to buy if he didn’t want any misunderstandings. If he didn’t tell them which colour and just left it up to them, again, because of the symbolism and meaning with flowers in East Asian cultures, I don’t believe his staff would have went ahead and picked red roses for KGE because the meaning of it would cause misunderstandings unless... his staff are secret shippers too! :sweat_smile::smirk:

Sorry about the long post! Lol

• Like 2
  • Love 20
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, folksway222 said:

THAT is my prayer every night and morning for them to update and write new fics. :sweatingbullets: But let's be more grateful by waiting not so patiently for their updates. :glasses:

ME TOO

• Like 4

3 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

Just some cloudy days for our ship. It'll be fine. Our sails are strong and we should be able to sail through. :D

I don't want to bring up exfactor but I do think it's a good example of how serious he can get when he really likes someone. He never knew his ex personally or had any work or project with her, but he was determined to get his friends to help him meet her and then kept trying to pursue her. I think he would put the same amount of effort for KGE, if not more. 

I am 100% on board with this.  Mature shippers must be open to hearing each other out and discussing things logically. Everyone is different in terms of MinEun confidence but what is important is that we support both LMH and KGE.  

I think that @jy_cohh just wanted to voice out what bothered her in ep.16's BTS. I don't think it was her intention to cast negativity in this thread.  She was always very helpful in giving us translations of the fans input in Naver.  Again,  we need to look at the overall picture and from her posts before, I don't think she's part of this thread to sow discord among the RCL.  This forum should be a fun place to share thoughts and heart-fluttering moments of our couple. Let's keep it that way by respecting all members and positively responding to their posts with logic and kind words. 

@koreaboooosame thoughts here! I was thinking of x-factor. Ok not x-factor per se :lol: but the circumstances of how LMH pursued her despite not having ANY projects with her.  I'm convinced that LMH's efforts to seriously woo and keep KGE would be a thousand-fold more.  If he keeps his eyes on the prize,  I am absolutely certain that he will settle down sooner rather than later.  As what @Heretorant mentioned and quoted from the Post military, pre TKEM, L'officiel Hommes interview, fall 2019... his main goal/dream NOW is to settle down and have a family.  It really is just a matter of time. He is ready and I hope KGE feels the same way too. :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, folksway222 said:

Me now everytime seeing this: ^_^:D:lol:

Yo, no kidding, I was walking around the block with my fiancé the other day and legit went on full on fangirl mode when I saw those flowers. He almost sh** in his pants from the shock that I gave him. I wanted to take photos to show everyone on here :lol::lol::lol:

• LOL 14

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I honestly welcome discussion.

Please, I think we are all mature enough here to weigh out the pros and cons right? I didn’t ever take our ship to be the kind who takes ourselves that seriously. We all know shipping business can lead us one way or another and I don’t think it’s fair to just completely shut down anyone who may have doubts. We aren’t a delusional bunch, we’re rational here. And c’mon, if there’s anyone who has any reasons why they don’t believe this ship can sail, if we can refute it then the stronger our ship is. If what @jy_cohh said makes anyone waver then it was probably already bothering you to begin with. I’m a little disappointed at how we are handling this because I believe she came with the best intent and wasn’t trying to stir up anything. I think at some point, we will all go through this and that’s why we’re all on here, so we can be supportive and seek support if we feel uncertain. But if every time someone brings up a little doubt, we throw them off the ship without hearing them out, this boat will be sailing with no one by the end. :confused:

You speak my mind. I honestly don't think she is here to rock the boat and i have appreciated her helping us translate and also give the opinion from korean culture perspective because like it or not different culture sees things differently. Like the other day someone mentioned scratching palms in a certain way shows some sexual innuendos but maybe in the US or western culture but those in the asian culture may not even think of it like that..and SK can also be very traditional in certain ways but also very open in some way in their interactions with each other. I was also scared to see the side hug from drama couples because I've seen it too many times in kdrama leads. But our couple is different because what we saw through bts 1 to 16 plus interviews and press cons no other couples have it like that. I understand the head pat concern but after watching carefully again i said before it was not the usual head pat, not just a pat more like head caress.

So that also doesn't mean we take what the korean netizen say at face value but rather i just use it as a reference to balance what we observed ourselves. 

• Like 11
  • Love 4