[Drama 2020] My prettiest moments /When I Was the Prettiest, 내가 가장 예뻤을 때

0ly40

*dreamy-eyed*

If the 'My Prettiest Moments' team continues to feed us scenes like the ones we got at the end of the Episode 2, I shall die a very happy woman. Jokes apart, it was beautifully and very aesthetically shot. What I liked about the scene was besides the cinematography etc, the subtle hint. That both the brothers have their own ways of helping YJ cope with her issues, her moments of crisis. And to be very honest, one is no way less effective than the other.    

Jin has a checkered past. He is older. He had experienced a lot more things in life. He has his own demons to slay. His life is not pristine and innocent like that of Hwan.

Hwan is young and inexperienced in life.  He is untouched by life's ugliness that seems to have affected both YJ and Jin.  I am fervently hoping that Jin isn't simply treating YJ as a plaything playing a cat and mouse game while waiting for that Carrie woman to give in to his terms. I'm going to hate HSJ forever, if he turns out to be that manipulative!My heart won't be able to take it.

I sincerely hope that Jin and YJ are able to find happiness in each other. Hwan's innocent love and almost idolization for both YJ and his brother should be the 'healing touch' guiding the two to each other.

Hwan seems too perfect. For a person like YJ who has been hurt and 'abandoned' by both her family and her ex, she needs someone who can understand her. Hwan seems too 'unreal' at the moment. He has to do a low of growing up. Man up as they say, experience the harsh realities of life to truly understand a woman like YJ and the scars that she carries or  the demons that plague the mind of his brother and make him wander restlessly, risking his life in reckless chase for a moments thrill that perhaps provide him some oblivion.

Hwan= too perfect!

Jin= more realistic portrayal of a man

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rainbowwarm @Kor Yer Chang Thanks for your thoughts on the brothers and drama. 

@confusedheart326 love your analysis of the brothers. Yes both are handsome and comfort Yeji but though I love Hwan - he has that sweet innocence and protective instincts. Though I love Jisoo/Hwan , he is at a disadvantage as he is younger. YJ cares and is caught up in the moment then steps back remembering her place. She already is in a precarious situation with her toxic Aunt disapproval over her choice of work. Last thing she needs to do is to seem to be in an inappropriate relationship with Hwan. Jin/HSJ is a man not boy and not an easy man too boot. He has the advantage of being the appropriate age and maturity . I don’t feel he wants to ‘play with ‘ her. He was played by his ex. He really is attracted and then wanted to protect her like Hwan. Both brothers feel the fatal  attraction and protective feelings for her. 

I agree for now she knows Hwan better and is more comfortable with him. But Jin is working his charm and charisma on her to woo her. In the preview it rots that Jin said about being young so YJ could talk to him.

Plus the jealous neighbor girl /classmate deleting YJ text from Hwan was mean.
(Some phones without password let you open up to see text if not password protection is set up and I guess she didn’t. Or it is protected but those instances it is not. Not sure lol.)

@gladys57 Waves hello & thanks for the warm welcome! Thanks for remembering me! Oh I guess we do have similar drama tastes if we are bumping into each other! I have only started being active thanks to Covid. Lol after a  6 years absence. I think I am a bit too addicted. Still much appreciated and thanks again! Look forward to yours and everyone’s comments!

Friday I finally saw the drama ep 2.

- The toxic aunt of YJ not wanting her to have any happiness , such a petty and bitter person. Plus to go as far to screech loudly at her training school too wow! Then knowing more of her mom giving her up and this messed up background definitely would make anyone more careful. Plus yo know she knew her aunt had classmates to ostracize her in college so she could be friendless. Very controlling. 

-Hwan sweetie he is working to not have others learn outside the school - the power of his persuasion and popularity. Dang. He is a sweetie pie, well liked, handsome & just lovely. 

-Jin taking her away from the aunt but YH was right that wouldn’t solve her issue. But later that weird walking into the ocean scene. Ok we got a shirtless HSJ but I guess huh? I figure must mean something but I lost focus as the moon was gorgeous despite HSJ bare chest!

- Jin’s ex cannot let go and actually  has the guts to ask to get engaged and married with her sponsor/ex lover in on it?! Yuck. Yeah I wouldn’t want her either. She needs to let go but we know she will continue to sabotage Jin and his time & definitely potentially his blossoming relationship with YJ.

-Jin with his guilt over his dad and we learn of the hiking accident. Omg. Their father is a sweet man. Wow but what he said rings true for majority of parents. They would lay their life on the line for their offspring. He definitely is closer to dad than mom. (Wonder are they divorced the parents? Cause if not the father turns a blind on her life in Seoul and affairs.)

- YJ giving the yellow flowers and thanking Hwan for cheering her up & protecting her (a first). I concur sad, happy for her. Usually easy to fall for that person this case she cannot and must be  careful. She treads a thin line from appropriate to inappropriate behavior. It is tough being caught between two handsome and charismatic brothers

(I don’t have a care who ends up with Yeji in the end) I hope the journey of the three won’t be overly makjang. I like now the lovely images of the Korean countryside & close bonds of the Seo family and sad estranged bonds for Yeji with her Aunt.

Still wonder where the story goes next week but Jin is fast to plant a kiss on her. Then again their first official date he challenges her to get into the ocean despite not being able to swim.

(curious about that BTS making lol)

Til next week looking forward to it!

@Nodame Agreed that the moon was gorgeous but shirtless Jin couldn't distract you enough? :confounded: Unbelievable! I salute that indomitable spirit that refused to be swayed by HSJ's chiselled body. (And yes, I get swayed by such 'petty' things. I have no resistance. :bawling: 

I watched a few BTS videos and in all of them YJ and Hwan were seated together where as Jin and Carrie were seated together. So, all my hopes are dashed. I don't quite enjoy noona romances. But Ill watch it for HSJ.

Also to the Team of MPM: I saw what you did there. When YJ was confronted by her aunt, you had cleverly  used the ploy of the Chairman asking him to meet immediately so that he could not stay and protect. And because you want the scales to tip towards Hwan, he could skip school without repercussions and also convince the whole school to not gossip about YJ! * slow clap* Well, I know Hwan is the ML, but could you not be so 'obvious' about treating Jin's character unfairly? I have a feeling that you are going to turn him into a bad character so that it is easier to love the oh so perfect Hwan. Jin already has enough strikes against him compared to the oh so pristine and innocent Hwan.

17 hours ago, Kor Yer Chang said:

@rainbowwarm

That's how I feel too, the pace is going by pretty fast. I feel like we might get a time jump and she will able to start seeing Hwan like that. 

But we'll see though :D

ISH had long hair during the recent press conference so I really hope that there will be a time skip and she will have a long hairstyle like that... :D 

And I also just found out the writer wrote a drama like this before, about two bothers fell for the same girl but it was a historical drama lol.

@Nodame Thanks for joining the discussion, too, it’s fun to chat about it here with you guys while waiting for the new episodes.  

Yes, the girl deleted the message and the fact that she could actually do it.. She was jealous and kinda knows that Hwan started to like their student teacher.. And I guess the age gap is probably ~5 years or so.. 
Up until now, I still have to say Jin is better even though I really like Hwan. Like I said, in real life, Jin is more suitable for her. But this will make the drama becomes more interesting since it’s curious to see how this whole thing will play out. Or maybe Ye Ji could just run away from both of them since this is too dramatic for her, and then years later they found her again lol. 

1 hour ago, Kor Yer Chang said:

@rainbowwarm

Maybe if the aunt finds out she lives with them, she will rat YJ out and like you said she runs away 

And then time skip, they find her again.

But what makes me wonder is on Viki, the synopsis said YJ and Jin engaged?? What does it mean then?

Oh, I haven’t seen that synopsis on Viki... I just checked it now, maybe that engagement would happen soon before the time skip, maybe Jin would propose to YJ... I’m just guessing... :lol: If they get engaged, that could trigger Hwan even more and cause him to change/grow later...

Hello Everyone!

Hope the cast are keeping safe with rise in COVID19 in Korea. Hope you all are taking care too!

@rainbowwarm Yes, these SOOMPI Forums keep me sane while waiting for the new episodes. I learn alot, see sneak peeks, background on actors, read theories or swooning on clips, gifs, videos, pics etc.  Def a great place. I appreciate the warm welcome!

@confusedheart326 :emmm: Yeah that moon was beautiful even with hottie HSJ in the scene. LOL. 

@rocher22 OMG when he took off the helmet after racing and that confident swagger walking to his team mates! It was SEXY indeed--the confidence and tad bit of arrogance---yes he was swoon worthy!

@chickfactor Thanks for the dramabeans write up, I need to read at some point later.

While waiting for Wednesday, MBC Drama posted this

Spoiler

BTS pf ep 1-2

•  

Good afternoon everyone. I am a great fan of the drama because I like the casts and the unique melodrama. The cinematography is fantastic and so is the ost. Furthermore I am a great fan of Im Soo Hyang who is a great actress. Looking forward o tonight's episode when the conflict between the two brothers starts.

Finally an episode 3 (sad only 1 this week due to the typhoon)

Here are the clips to tide us over & I am at work at the moment.

From next episode preview there is a TIME JUMP it seems and Yeji goes away( ?)

I have not watched the clips yet.

Enjoy!

Spoiler

I have just been enjoying Oppa with his shirt off! Whew. Then we he kissed her it oozed chemistry and passion. I have not seen that type of hotness since Secretary Kim. Yowzer! Those scenes had me getting my life back today!

This is going to be my shallow 'For hotness only' drama!

:evilelmo:

:heart2beat:

There will be a time jump maybe in the next two episodes. Hwan will grow up and he became an architectural designer. From what I read Ye Ji and Jin will get married but Jin will disappeared and that's when Ye Ji misery starts. I doubt her mother-in-law is very keen on Ye Ji although the father-in-law is ok. We still have Ye Ji's mum who was in prison apparently due to a murder case. It will be interesting the reason why .

Okay, I'm being very cautious... because sometimes a show looks great but turns out to be a doo-doo sandwich... but after 3 episodes... this show is fantastic!

I am so INTO IT.

This is the most I have ever liked Ha Seok Jin. He was good in "Drinking Solo" and "Your Housekeeper," but he is SMOKIN' HOT here.

This is the most I have ever liked Ji Soo. Again, he's cute and soulful in all his roles, but I... can't... deal... with... how freaking adorable he is here.

And Ye Ji... we have seen many heroines with tragic backstories keeping their chin up but there's something about her. You just want to hug her... and slap that horrible aunt of hers. She's like a fairytale wicked stepmother come to life! Ugh, I really just need someone to throw water in her face very soon.

Love triangle... melo by the countryside... I expected to enjoy it but I didn't expect to LOVE IT. But this one is just working for me on all levels. I cannot wait until next week.

I'm watching because of HaSukJin and ImSooHyang. I like their chemistry in here but i don't like their characters, she's a teacher and yet too friendly with her boy student. Not proper in my opinion. Jin is a selfish person since young, he cut the cord to drop hwan when they went mountain climbing, his father saved Hwan and so he becomes a cripple. Since then  i think Jin always had a guilty conscience and feels like he doesn't belong. 

HaSukJin 38 still looks good :)

2 hours ago, TRAN said:

she's a teacher and yet too friendly with her boy student. Not proper in my opinion. 

i dont quite agree with this as well.  And she knew how Hwan felt about her.  She ought to keep her distance.

as for that aunt, I dont understand how she can be so horrible.  Is she saying that Ye Ji is the murderer but her mum went to jail for her? Even her own husband and daughter disagree with her behaviour though they never did much for Ye Ji. 

@emmie The AUNT is such a miserable person. UGGGH really glad that the cousin and her Uncle held her off to let Yeji go with Jin. 

I agree that Yeji is keeping her distance from Hwan. If any word of INAPPROPRIATE behaviour her Aunt would have a field day. Also trust in community and impression by everyone shot down. She is doing the right thing for distancing from Hwan. Even if her HEART wants to be with him, he is not of legal age of consent and as the "adult" between the two of them. She is doing the right thing. Sweet she did not tattle on the friend who crushing on Hwan (not surprised she did not tell him). But glad she told Yeji how dedicated he was cleaning top to bottom the room to prep for Yeji.

@TRAN I like the OTP for the moment. But def know going to be more complicated as we are getting a fast forward this week.

@chickfactor I saw those dramas too of HSJ and I agree he is HOT here.  i am sure others will agree that AUNT smirking face needs water and a slap. But knowing Yeji is not physically violent I hope she gets her JUST desserts.  @foreverempress Yes we need to balance or drama rotation with HOTNESS ! I agree. Eye candy never hurt and seeing HSJ torso a few times ep 3 was NICE!

@monica63 I agree about the time jump for the episodes this week.

Caught ep 3 last night, just busy week and weekend.

-So visually stunning this drama. Someone said earlier it reminded them of the Seo Kang Jun drama with Park Min Young--- See you on a beautiful day? (So true I get those vibes somewhat) but gorgeous cinematography.

The scene where Yeji turned back to Hwan following her home (so gorgeous).

-Yeji sharing her scars of being ostracized and appreciating the healing time at the HIGH SCHOOL at the sendoff by the students and her thanking them. It was beautiful and heartfelt. Hwan learned a bit more and realized Hyung was right---there is alot more to Yeji than he can handle NOW.

-Hwan beating up the classmate--bad-but he def deserved to get hit for videotaping and taking pics of the student teacher's bodies. Loved how his mom was a BOSS going in with authority and then giving the bully's parents to be startled and a bit intimidating. The father thanking her for finally being a MOM. Or how the Mom dealt with Yeji's Aunt and was like--what do you want? I liked how she coolly said i don't deal/bother my son's dating affairs. But she would after seeing the info from the Aunt. I loved how Jin was like I don't care if she killed someone.

Sad that by association the innocent families have to suffer--kids from their parents actions. Similar Park Minyoung's mom killed their dad and was spending prison time. Later we learn what really happened in the drama and the truth. Here Yeji's mom seemed to have killed someone. Both suffer and have to deal with being ostracized or having gossip. 

Jin definitely is courting Yeji and that kiss was sexy. But I can see Hwan being upset as Jin though is beloved hyung he knows his hyung has his moments. Now he seems invested in fragile Yeji (she just nurtures a protective instinct that is heightened to others due to her beauty and wanting to be around her by others). But true once he loses interest, he is pretty clear and a bit ruthless.

Jin's Ex stirring trouble for the nephew. Is he going to lie about that property supposedly others want to get then do something to lay blame on him with his ex's sugar daddy's help? Hmm. 

Curious about the next episode-

-so fast forward there is a wedding? (not imagination)

-Hwan graduates and becomes and adult

-Yeji leaves Hwan (but also Jin?)

But loving the scenery, pretty people and pacing ramping up for some angst.

Excited for next episode, I tried to dig deeper to find the synopsis but I can't really find anything but comments from others. 

There was one that caught my eye was that, for the characters. Hwan and Yeji is the only two with a past and present/future timeline. Then Jin and Carrie doesn't. 

Is it because they already have a setup for the characters that they're going to remain the same as in the past and present?

There's also people saying Jin is going to disappear. Hwan comes back to Yeji's life to help her find Jin lol. 

I really can't figure out what would happen next. I'm so excited I can't wait any longer lol. 

Archived