[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I thought tomorrow was the finale and the angst would be over, but now I see on Kocowa that it's 20 episodes? Really? My brain was ready for the storylines to wrap up! 

Also, if Jun Young's mom divorces his dad, can't loan sharks still harass him?

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I thought tomorrow was the finale and the angst would be over, but now I see on Kocowa that it's 20 episodes? Really? My brain was ready for the storylines to wrap up! 

Also, if Jun Young's mom divorces his dad, can't loan sharks still harass him?

It should be 16.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

Oh my gosh. 우산 umbrella in Korean. How can this word tug my heart so much?! 

When Song Ah's sister said she borrowed Song Ah's umbrella and Song Ah stares at it....):

When Joon Young's mom told him that it's going to rain later and to bring an umbrella....):

WHY UMBRELLA?! 

pRHQNVL.png

And when Joon Young tells Cha Young In about the umbrella breakup scene...))))));

I think the number of times Song Ah had to change her composition piece for her exam indicated that she was always finding a piece that spoke to her.  As for Joon Young, the numerous compositions he had stacked up to study and practice relates to the unnecessary burden he puts on himself. He always thinks of others and he doesn't even realized that he can say no to things that don't bring him joy.

So, it was poignant when he followed his heart and spoke with his heart to Song Ah. His 사랑해요 (I love you) had the same emotional impact as Song Ah's trembling 좋오해요 (I like you) confession. Ah. It definitely tugged my heart.

On the other hand, when Song Ah hoped he will be happy and he will follow his heart, that was like the only time she genuinely smiled in today's episode. Like Jung Kyung who doesn't know how happy she is when she's with Hyun Ho, Song Ah doesn't know how happy she is when she is with Joon Young. It feels like she's trying so hard to search for what makes her happy. 

oMQbnHn.png 

Individually, I like that both Song Ah and Joon Young are finding their ways in thinking for themselves and speaking with their hearts. I hope they will learn that they can think for themselves and be in a relationship at the same time. I remember a couple of you in this thread said that when Song Ah and Joon Young disagree and/or agree, they come back stronger. I'm stilling looking on the positive side that they will be together again even if the last few episodes may have been dreary. But if they're friends who keep in touch I'll be happy with that, too. As long as they are together that satisfies me already.

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 11

Still waiting for subs so watched it raw. SA is stunning in this episode! His "I love you" confession yay JY... about time you went after what you want....and SA now you decide to stand your ground and stand up for yourself! They've got to get on same page same time 

• Like 12

@Dana T I thought of something when you said,

31 minutes ago, Dana T said:

They've got to get on same page same time 

So in ep 2, Song Ah was the page turner for Joon Young and he gave very vague instructions, "You need to feel the pianist's breath." But in this episode, Joon Young was by her side, accompanying her for her exam. They both had eye contact and Joon Young plays accordingly to Song Ah's tempo (at least that's how I saw it)

-----

I noticed that some people in this thread are wondering why Song Ah has trouble separating her love for the violin from Joon Young. All those feelings come from the heart so often times it's hard to discern those feelings for an object and for a person. For example, how many of you can't throw away a gift because it reminds you of a person? In a way the gift has meaning for you and the person has a huge impact in your life. Now that I think of it, Song Ah's feelings for her violin is like Joon Young's feelings for Song Ah's handkerchief. He couldn't let go of his handkerchief even after the break up. And I love that @Jillia noted that he put his handkerchief in his chest pocket after wiping the piano keys. :heart:

When things fall apart, especially their relationship, they lost the spark coming from their heart. That's why they wanted to quit playing their instruments. It's often hard to explain. But when you're passionate in something and you think you're not doing well, you feel like you don't want to do it anymore. So both Joon Young and Song Ah lost their spark. But when they're together, they both reignite the spark they have for each other as human beings. They learn to speak with their hearts. 

As for Jung Kyung she has such a hard time understanding her own feelings. She has always been searching for consolation especially from her grandmother and father. So when she was seeking it from Joon Young, she didn't understand that it was not love. And she only slowly understood Hyun Ho's presence and love for her after the breakup.

I wished that there was a scene between Jung Kyung and grandmother. I am hoping that she will become closer with her father because he's the only family member now. 

• Like 12
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

ctto

Clip for today's episode. 

@ponderings @rafeusjanela  Same! The start of the week will never be the same again.  I've never been this emotionally invested in a drama before. And to think I just took a peek at the first episode out of curiosity and my love for classical music. 

Let's all look forward to a happy ending for our Dimple Couple tonight! 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for sharing the clip, @cherrhys88! It's nice that we have another parallel here, with Young In saying that 'if anyone could, anyone would' like Joon Young did in the airport scene (episode 1). 

Yes, let's hope for a happy ending for this one!

@ponderings @cherrhys88 I hope we discover another beautiful drama in the future after DYLB ends. I'm sure we will! I'm just pretty thankful that I discovered this drama while it was airing. It makes the wait a bit painful for some episodes, but it gives you something to look forward to every week. It has been a wonderful 2 months waiting for each episode of DYLB. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

"Kim Min-jae's passionate performance in the final episode will give you the best echo of all time."

'Do you like Brahms?' Can Kim Min-jae play the piano touch Park Eun-bin's heart?

SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Do You Like Brahms?" (written by Ryu Bo-ri/directed by Cho Young-min) unveiled Park Joon-young's graduation concert on October 20 to play for Chae Song-ah.

'Loves Brahms' has only one final story to tell. In the last 15th episode, Park Joon-young (played by Kim Min-jae), who played "Brams" for Chae Song-ah (played by Park Eun-bin), and Chae Song-ah's graduation concert, which played a heart-rending life performance with him, left another great scene to express their emotions.
The fact that Park Joon-young, who did not play Brahms, played Brahms added special meaning. Here, Park Joon-young was a little bit more greedy. Following her heart, she confessed her love to Chae Song-ah. This confession was a change of Park Joon-young, who had never been greedy for anything, and added to the deep echo as it was a confession of Park Joon-young's earnest desire to be happy with Chae Song-ah. At the same time, Chae Song-ah drew attention from viewers as to what kind of answer she would give.

Among them, Park Jun-young is playing solo on the stage in the photo released. The image of Park Jun-young immersed in the performance makes us wonder about the beautiful piano melody he will play. Then, after the performance, Park Joon-young's eyes are on somewhere. Whether Chae Song-ah was there or she heard Park Joon-young's performance, it raises questions.

The scene of comforting Park Joon-sik, who gave music before the previous words, touched the small screen with emotion. Park Joon-young comforted Chae with her favorite music so that she wouldn't have a gloomy birthday. The variation of "Moonlight Sonata + Happy Birthday" drew much attention after the show. What kind of music will Park play this time? Also, will Park's music reach Chae's heart?

"Do you like Brahms?" The production team said, "This performance of Junyoung's graduation performance will show Junyoung's heart for Songa and his growth." All the field staff were forced to watch Kim Min-jae's passionate performance, which contained Jun-young's emotions on the piano. "Do you like Brahms? Please watch the final episode until the end," he said.

202010201122221910_2_20201020112655165.j

Above is the papago translation of https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/609/0000343234.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 9

@cherrhys88 @rafeusjanela it’s going to be so hard to move on. I’ve never been this emotionally invested in a story and the characters this deep before. I’m on the verge of tears. When I walked out of my room to take a break, my mom asked me why my face was so red. I had to make up an excuse and I said my room was warm. Ha :lol:
But honestly I am thankful that I can talk about this drama here. I love how this thread gradually grew and more people joined in. If anyone is up for a rewatch, I’m all for it. 

:happydance:

• Like 2
  • Love 15
  • Awesome 1

Thank you for sharing the clip @cherrhys88

Her going back to work at the foundation makes me wonder if Song Ah is greeting the rehearsal room piano in the preview clip !

@ponderings feelings from the heart can really be confusing at times isn't it? I hope that knowing she can excel at working with the foundation  and that her nature of putting others first at times is an asset will give her more confidence in herself when she gets back with Joon Yong .. 

Also , Always up for a re-watch and really greatful for having such a lovely community here !

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2

@ponderingsI saw it same way you did...I noticed how he turned to look at her while she played the 2nd part. I thought she did an amazing job so proud for her to be able to finally receive some positive feedback. Even though their passion for each other has been derailed at the moment I think it's those feelings they were able to share that spilled over into that performance..the feeling of being raw, honest and finally free to express how they choose rather than how they're expected to. I also thought the handkerchief in his pocket so sweet. I think even I didn't really realize the depth of his feelings for her

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

@ponderings  Same! I am also glad to have found this thread where we can talk about this gem of a drama. Honestly, I've never been too much into K-drama, I'm more into Chinese wuxia and never watched on-going ones (no patience for that). But this pandemic and the "staying at home" period really made me explore the K-drama world. It's also the reason why I only know Kim Min Jae (watched Dr. Romantic). So I was really curious to see how the drama will play out. And like you, I became really emotionally invested in this drama. Maybe because being an introvert myself, I see myself in both the leads. About not being able to speak up right away and compromising your dreams because it's just not working out. So I would really like to see a happy conclusion to our couple's journey.

I love it so much that I downloaded it so I can re-watch it again, so you know I'm always up for that. :)

• Like 7
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 1

Actually I'm kinda hesitant whether I would re-watch ep 15 with sub (after live streaming last night) or just waits until I finished ep 16 live streaming to know the ending, but yea, finally I just finished watching ep 15 with sub. 

KUDOS to the production team of DYLB. The cinematography tho, PD-nim really did a good job at the last scene on the backstage room. The ambience really screams romantic, to be honest I'm kinda hoping a little surprise for us viewers, maybe JY will hug SA or kiss her after he said "saranghae-yo" 3 times, but pity us, that hopeless romantic ambience did not serve us well. And, the moment SA and JY finished their performance and held hands bowing to the audience, how can one little moment be shooted so beautifully?

KUDOS to the actor and actress. In this DYLB, how many times we get our eyes teary only just by watching JY and SA did a little movement, speak so little words, but the eyes, the staring, it really breaks into our heart. 

I'm with JY when he breaks out in front of his mother telling her that it's so hard for him while clunching on SA handkerchief. 

I'm with SA when she narrates that only when she decided to let go she know that she already loved too much, and it's not like we can decide how much we will love something/someone from the beginning. 

I'm with SA when she finished her performance, she looks up having these mixed emotions that maybe deep down in her heart this performance is also a goodbye to her violin dream. 

KUDOS to the writer, but only, onlyyy if writer-nim give us a satisfactory ending. I love how in this writing, there's so little plot hole I found, the coincidences feel real. This is a drama that hits close to the reality. And I love that by going thru the twitter, there are a lot of viewers that can read into Ryu-Bori writing. I think the writer really give thought to every single little scene she write. 

As for the last scene when JY said "saranghaeyo" 3 times, I'm actually not hoping for SA to immediately just fell for his words and getting back right here right now. I know that JY said it very very sincerely, but it looks like I can see that deep down SA get scared to depend her happiness on the relationship with JY/violin, therefore she choose to be "free, but lonely". If only they show us SA answer to JY saranghaeyo on the ep 16, I imagine maybe SA will answer "gomawo-yo". That's pretty much all she can say for now. 

It's actually kinda parallel to the earlier episode when SA told JY that Director Na must want him to feel happy while playing piano, and then JY thought about happiness thus he asked SA for dinner. In this scene, SA told JY to be free but happy, and his response is immediately says saranghaeyo, as if he found happiness in loving her. See what I feel about the writer? The writer really give thoughtful writing, so I hope the writer didn't dare to give us a not satisfactory ending. 

Can anyone please translate what's written in the calendar of 11th month, on the SA's bedroom desk. Somebody said that this drama will lead to JY birthday. In that calendar there are 2 special dates, so I'm kinda curious what occasion is that? Thank you so much. 

Tbh, at this rate I'm actually okay if they only got together in the 5 or 10 last minutes of episode 16 finale. Anything. As long as we could see them finally being happy together on the path they choose to take, before parting way with us viewers..

Edited by Melly Trw
  • Like 6
  • Love 12
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All, just wanted to delurk before the final episode airs and thank everybody in this Community for all your thoughts and comments/posts, it made watching this drama more special and made the waiting for the new episodes every week easier.  And like all of you, I’m hoping and wishing for a happy ending for our dimple couple. But I am not ready to let them go yet. Mondays and Tuesdays will never be the same.
 Goodnight from my side of the world.  As I plan to watch the final episode live tomorrow. (At 6am my time) See you all later :loveu:

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2