[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

I'm researching where exactly the train line goes.
I'd like to find photos of the area, or aerial photos.

To go from Seoul to Mungyeong by train, it's like this:
Take the Gyeongbu line connecting Seoul to Busan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyeongbu_Line
Direction south-east, 254 km, to the Gimcheon train station.
In Gimcheon, take the Gyeongbuk line, connecting Gimcheon to Yeongju.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyeongbuk_Line
Head north, 60 km, to Jeomchon station.
Once you get to Jeomchon station, it's the end of the line to Mungyeong, the line just go to YeongJu after that.
But there used to be a railroad track from Jeomchon to Mungyeong, further north.
That railroad was closed in 1995.
It's that railroad track that the drama is talking about, for sure!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mungyeong
Part of this road has been converted into a tourist attraction. "Rail Bike".
https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attractions-g2024849-Activities-Mungyeong_Gyeongsangbuk_do.html
http://www.mgtpcr.or.kr/web/page.do?menuIdx=377
It will also be noted that on the Gyeongbuk line, many other stations have been closed. This line is used for freight, and Mungyeong was a city that used the coal industry in the past. I don't know what the situation is today, but I guess the railway was closed when that industry was no longer active, or less active. Today, Mungyeong is served only by bus or highway.

To find the railway line, I found this site by chance:
https://www.rome2rio.com/fr/map/Everland/Mungyeong#r/Train
Here, it is very convenient, you can see the whole network and the changes of correspondence, from Seoul to Jeomchon. Note the town of Mungyeong, located north of Jeomchon.
You can zoom on the map on the Jeomchon station, up to the level of the station. There are a large number of yard tracks. One notices that the railway continues northward, and there is very quickly a biffurcation.
One of the tracks goes east, the continuation of the Gyeongbuk line, going toward Yeongju.
The other track goes north, it is this track that you have to follow to go to Mungyeong!
The track will go up to the north, then go west, and then north. During all this section, the railway follows the contour of the river.
The track then passes through the town of Mungyeong, and then will arrive further north to a final terminus in the town of Gyochon.

To see more, I launched Google Earth :
https://earth.google.com/web/search/Mungyeong+/@36.59709991,128.19038747,84.51323855a,8833.87313582d,35y,-7.61234083h,15.40456264t,0r/data=CnUaSxJFCiUweDM1NjQ1ZDFlZDRmNzcyN2I6MHhiZjU1OTUwNTlhNjdhNmMzGdNOzeUGS0JAIYAfHz76BWBAKgpNdW5neWVvbmcgGAEgASImCiQJH_B71zcJK0ARVJs47eJWHkAZOlmVqzKuNEAhmP8fuwCiH0A

Here, the problem is that when you hit Mungyeong, you're actually hitting Jeomchon town. It seems there's a neighborhood called Mungyeong to the southwest in Jeomchon. It doesn't look like the town of Mungyeong, which I found on the previous map.
To follow the railroad, I'll look at the map and find the Jeomchon train station, follow the river that goes north, which the railroad runs along.
https://earth.google.com/web/search/Mungyeong+/@36.59509043,128.20320921,74.80412862a,530.29040119d,35y,-7.61285699h,15.38475304t,0r/data=CnUaSxJFCiUweDM1NjQ1ZDFlZDRmNzcyN2I6MHhiZjU1OTUwNTlhNjdhNmMzGdNOzeUGS0JAIYAfHz76BWBAKgpNdW5neWVvbmcgGAEgASImCiQJH_B71zcJK0ARVJs47eJWHkAZOlmVqzKuNEAhmP8fuwCiH0A

Seen from above, the shape of the building in Jeomchon looks like the one in the drama, but alas, there is no street view to confirm. It is necessary to check if there is a similar building in the city of Mungyeong.
On Google Earth, you can follow the track, when it branches off to the west, you can see a small town northeast of Sin-Ji, there are old buildings stuck to the railway, certainly an old station.
https://earth.google.com/web/search/Mungyeong+/@36.64182452,128.17103601,102.37607379a,2083.12623709d,35y,-7.64121547h,15.38845757t,0r/data=CnUaSxJFCiUweDM1NjQ1ZDFlZDRmNzcyN2I6MHhiZjU1OTUwNTlhNjdhNmMzGdNOzeUGS0JAIYAfHz76BWBAKgpNdW5neWVvbmcgGAEgASImCiQJH_B71zcJK0ARVJs47eJWHkAZOlmVqzKuNEAhmP8fuwCiH0A

North of SinJi, there is a marshalling yard, then watch out, the track disappears! There is certainly a long tunnel, which runs along the river. One notices a wooded hill. More to the west,
Following the railway becomes quite complicated, but you just have to follow the river, the railway is always south of the river. For a while, it is impossible to see precisely because the railway seems to be stuck to a road.
Further north, we find the railroad track, north of Glumori. There is even a train parked on a yard track.
https://earth.google.com/web/search/Mungyeong+/@36.65524501,128.14179375,98.21777739a,1119.87883612d,35y,-7.65912463h,15.38615959t,0r/data=CnUaSxJFCiUweDM1NjQ1ZDFlZDRmNzcyN2I6MHhiZjU1OTUwNTlhNjdhNmMzGdNOzeUGS0JAIYAfHz76BWBAKgpNdW5neWVvbmcgGAEgASImCiQJH_B71zcJK0ARVJs47eJWHkAZOlmVqzKuNEAhmP8fuwCiH0A

In Jinam, the railway is divided in two, one track goes west, the other track goes north, the northern track is the one to follow.
https://earth.google.com/web/search/Mungyeong+/@36.65796398,128.12743115,117.32820747a,1913.79069617d,35y,-7.6641934h,15.38805359t,0r/data=CnUaSxJFCiUweDM1NjQ1ZDFlZDRmNzcyN2I6MHhiZjU1OTUwNTlhNjdhNmMzGdNOzeUGS0JAIYAfHz76BWBAKgpNdW5neWVvbmcgGAEgASImCiQJH_B71zcJK0ARVJs47eJWHkAZOlmVqzKuNEAhmP8fuwCiH0A

The road is easy to follow, it goes under a highway, then over the river on a bridge. Immediately after, it goes into a tunnel, passing under the fortress of Gomosanseong.
Go up north, you arrive at OEEO 5, west of MungyeongGC.
https://earth.google.com/web/search/Mungyeong+/@36.69621683,128.12738117,141.48515974a,744.24453602d,35y,-7.66560887h,15.38526344t,-0r/data=CnUaSxJFCiUweDM1NjQ1ZDFlZDRmNzcyN2I6MHhiZjU1OTUwNTlhNjdhNmMzGdNOzeUGS0JAIYAfHz76BWBAKgpNdW5neWVvbmcgGAEgASImCiQJH_B71zcJK0ARVJs47eJWHkAZOlmVqzKuNEAhmP8fuwCiH0A

You see a marshalling yard, a freight car area, and a very long building with a blue roof.
This could be the famous drama station! Then the track continues and actually arrives at its terminus in Gyochon.
However, I can't locate the area with the drama yard track, which should be further south.

Conclusion: the scene where the train exits the tunnel in the drama, it is certainly the northern exit of the tunnel passing under the fortress of Gomosanseong.
Between this tunnel exit and the blue building, there is normally the strange area of the drama, where the assassin throws bodies.
The blue building is most likely the Mungyeong railway station.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

I'm researching where exactly the train line goes.
I'd like to find photos of the area, or aerial photos.

Conclusion: the scene where the train exits the tunnel in the drama, it is certainly the northern exit of the tunnel passing under the fortress of Gomosanseong.
Between this tunnel exit and the blue building, there is normally the strange area of the drama, where the assassin throws bodies.
The blue building is most likely the Mungyeong railway station.

thumbs up for your dedication!!!

27 minutes ago, aria26 said:

thumbs up for your dedication!!!

I'm not 100% sure of all this. Maybe the drama cheat, also.

It's possible they take Jeomchon station and say it's Mungyeong ?!

But Jeomchon is normaly desserved today. The blue building in Mungyeong look like freight station.

We need photos of these places.

Also, I detected the north exit of the tunnel, but then the railway is very difficult to track.

If you go south of Mungyeong, you end to loose track of the railway between this point and the tunnel north exit.

Also, I don't understand why there is a part of the Jeomchon town called Mungyeong.

So, I'm just opening some questions here.

I don't remember all location in the drama, about the ticket.

One of the victims have a Seoul - Mungyeong ticket.

So it need a change in Gimcheon.

Seoul - Busan is TKX fast train, and Gimcheon - Jeomchon a normal train like we see in the drama.

In the drama, they say Mungyeong station is terminus, final destination.

It make sens, the line stop here. If you follow the line, you see the real end of the railway a bit further north, in Gyochon. But I didnt see any station here.

Do-won's face when he saw Seo-kyung alive and well. He bursts into tears.

Now DW-A is in world B, he found himself as the suspect for killing LJS but thanks to him not taking illegal drugs, he was not indicted. Lucky that he brought his gun from world A so the powder and bullet found didnt match. Now it also makes sense how LJS fingerprint got on the flyer. So both LJS and DW-B are not suspects. I think DW-B is also after the serial killer. But why and when did he start taking illegal drugs?

I thought his father was already dead but hes alive! Did he come from work or did he just got out of jail? This gets more interesting!

Based on the findings, the killer could either be a male or female. S/he also has a limp. The only two characters who walk with a limp is DW's father and Detective Woo. We saw Detective Woo doesnt have a limp in World B, quite fascinating! There are also characters in world B that arent shown in World A like junior detective under Do-won is different.

@wenchanteur the effort you put into this. Thank you for sharing this info! So Mukyong is really an abandoned station? In the drama, it's the end of the line but here there seems to be another end

@aria26 i dont look at the ratings anymore, i just feel down but I'm so happy it increased

18 minutes ago, Happy Sheep said:

@wenchanteur the effort you put into this. Thank you for sharing this info! So Mukyong is really an abandoned station? In the drama, it's the end of the line but here there seems to be another end

Yes. I'm currently watching ep4, and we see a very long building in a shot.

Look like the big blue building I spoted in Mungyeong town.

On another shot (street view), the building look more like Jeomchon one.

So, I don't know how the drama make this.

As Mukyong is an abandoned station today since 1995, it's possible they take Jeomchon, because they need light, people, etc.

I suppose, like in many country, train station look like a bit the same sometimes.

What we know in the drama :

The train come from Gimcheon, because some passengers have a ticket from Seoul.

The train go out of a tunnel. I'm not sure the exact point the train change parallel worlds.

In one shoot, look like when the train go out of the tunnel.

On some others shoots, look like the train appears out of a blue fog.

Then, the train go into the crime zone, and sometimes stop here because of signals.

Look like it's a zone "in-between", because the signals can't light if it's abandonned.

So it's like it's signals from the other world. We don't know if passengers on the train can phone to someone here.

For sure, passengers don't know they have changed worlds, they have no reason to suspect this.

Maybe the railway look the same here, in the other world (but I wonder about the grass on the railway, as it's abandonned in one world and not the other).

Then, the train quit the crime zone, and a few kilometers later, arrive in Mungyeong station.

It means there is also a dimensionnal travel between Crime Zone and Mungyeong.

In short, what we see is :

Train in B worlds - Tunnel - Train enter A world - Signals light - Crime zone (stop here sometimes) - Train enter B worlds - Train arrive Mungyeong station.

I need some help from people who rewatched episode and is more attentive than me for confirming this, and give more information.

“Once Again” Hits New All-Time High As “Train” Sees Rise In Ratings

Jul 20, 2020
82582475536e4011b83d561af01fd458.jpeg?s=

Meanwhile, OCN’s new mystery drama “Train” enjoyed a modest increase in viewership, scoring an average nationwide rating of 1.3 percent for its fourth episode.

It is modest but it is an increase. I hope to increase a little more.

by E. Cha

10 hours ago, sken40 said:

This drama is very good to my liking and I am hooked. Can someone please recommend to any other similar genre that is good for me to watch while I am patiently waiting for new episode every week?

You can try Tunnel or Signal- similar concept, both are not bad

The episodes gets more and more interesting! Episode 4 brings out more details, we now know that DW-B father is alive in World B, so i wonder what makes him "corrupt" in world B and why does he need to take drugs? Yikes, looks like JM-B and DW-B has a past:tounge_xd:...I hope the next episode will show how DW-B reacts to world A- now that we know he is in world A...Cant wait for episode 5!

I wonder if DW-A & DW-B will team up to find the murder??? 

@Happy Sheep Looks more like the killer was a female? Cos when SK-B went to do the blood swab test, the results shows female....:whytho:My wild theory could be SK-B Stepmom??? Hahah

https://theraillife.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/south-korea-korail/

You could be forgiven for thinking this sounds like something out of a Harry Potter book; Mugunghwa trains are named after the  hibiscus syriacus which is the national flower of South Korea. Mugunghwa trains are the slowest long distance trains and can be sub-categorised as locomotive hauled and DMU. Reserved economy seating and standing room tickets are sold and most trains have some sort of catering car available, selling light snacks and drinks.

A 7400 class locomotive leads a Mugunghwa train through Doksan station

p1080047.jpg

Locomotive hauled Mugunghwa trains are led by a variety of locomotives; the most common being the 7300/7400 class diesel-electric locomotives, made in South Korea under licence from EMD (a copy of the EMD GT26CW-2). There are also the 8200 class electric locomotive, based on the Siemens Eurosprinter (model ES64F) and assembled by Hyundai-Rotem and the streamlined 7000 class diesel. These trains are slow and basic, but comfortable, and most have a cafe car, complete with video games and karaoke booths!

@wenchanteur I think they used the same abandoned Mukyong. When they showed the full shot of Mukyong station, they used CGI to appear that Mukyong is a running train station in world B.

Yup the crime zone where the train stops for a few minutes, thats probably the platform is located where people come and go, tho in world A that platform doesnt exist anymore so when it stops in world A, it look like it stops in the middle of the track.

@larus yep. Let's hope for the best ^^

@SuZy Leoo yup serial killer could be female. Isn't her stepmom too weak? What about Chief Oh? We haven't seen her yet

I'm lurking on naver, because I want to know where the drama take place and is shot.

Maybe Mukyeong is an imaginary town ?

Traduction is Mugyeong, then it's say Mungyeong on a map.

On this blog we see the ticket :

https://blog.naver.com/petity84/222029025542

Seoul : 19h45

Mukyeong : 21h35

On the ticket it say 무경 and Mukyeong.

But auto translation of this is Mugyeong.

If I translante Mungyeong, it give 문경. (so, not the same)

Time travel is 1h55.

It look quite fast. Travel would be :

254 km with TKX fast train.

Then 60km with Mugunghwa slow train.

Average : 320 km for 2 hours, make it 160km/h.

As most of the travel is on TKX, it look credible.

But passengers need to take another train in Gimcheon. It add waiting time.

Search 무경 on naver don't have results, except related to the drama.

There is also the Ilsung station. It make 일성.

I tried without success to find that on a map. (it's related to a company name)

There is some way to know more : use naver map (it's like google earth, and it should be streetview).

Auto-trad this korean blog :

https://blog.naver.com/locotics/222030093909

On this, the guy really want to know where the drama is shot, look like it's the good blog to read!

It's say where are some shot locations, stations, railway.

Maybe this blogger or another one will give additionnal information in others articles, I didn't checked for now.

Now, it need to locate these location on a map, as well.

The blog don't say if Mukyeong town exist.

Here the auto-translation of this blog, with many screenshot of drama and real places :

Spoiler

A drama featuring the railway in the background began to air.

I don't know if the weight will be high or low... but after a long time, the railroad looks quite long

Drama comes out and shoots the main room. Hahaha

Wouldn't it be instinctive as Chuldeok to wonder where he was filming?

I will find it somehow. -ㅅ-

The story feels good, but...

You should know until you see the finalization.

I will only do railroad analysis.

%ED%8A%B8%EB%A0%88%EC%9D%B8.E01.200711.7

There is an old station that appears as Mugyeong Station in the play.

Obviously, if you look at the flagpole or the public phone booth, the railway station is right...

I didn't know which station I was, so I searched the web countless times

Eventually , I entered the list of railway stations of xx Wiki and tried to go through all the stations. -_-;;;;

The station I found in vain is~~~~~~~~~

20200713_230048.png?type=w2

It was Jeungpyeong Station. Haha

Same flagpole location, same station building shape, same public phone booth location, only air conditioner outdoor unit seems to be covered by CG

A fine station turns into a gloomy station~ hahahaha

Was this placard consulted by Chul-deok or did he copy the warning for a nearby railroad facility? Haha

Oh my God... The suspension of suburban operation was in 2004 -_-;;; Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The story goes on and on...

The car enters the track to fight.

It is highly probable that you would have taken a lot of time on the ship as you need a considerable amount of time to rehearse to take a shot like this.

No matter what the sign on the left side of the house was, I could only recognize the xx house.

However, it was found with sincerity. Haha

(In fact, potatoes helped me)

20200713_232723.png?type=w2

The scene was actually taken from Mungyeong Line, a closed ship.

It was a full house.

A wooden beacon, whether active or not, comes out.

I still see a wooden sign.

If you look at the inside of Jupyeong Station by satellite, you can see that it is the same.

The photo showing the suspect (?) has a landscape with a breaker and a wooden sign.

20200713_232040.png?type=w2

The prohibited signs on the wooden signs are the same. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

In fact, the decisive hint was this scene.

Where is the train that needs to be manually removed at the starting point of 7 km?

If so, it's definitely not the trunk.

The place where everyone found by rolling their head was Jupyeong Station.

Hahahahahahaha

20200713_232256.png?type=w2

20200713_232356.png?type=w2

As we get closer to Jupyeong Station, the milestones that can be seen by road view are increasing from 6 km.

The scene was changed, and a video was taken outside the Jupyeong Station platform.

The platform I know is suburban.

One area has a different window shape. ㅡ.ㅡ;

As I was thinking about where, I went to Uijeongbu and checked the stations one by one.

_MG_6162.jpg?type=w2

It was Songchu Station.

I found it again haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

There is a structure for CCTV camera, so it is 7300 or 7400

In the play, it comes out as 8210.

Strict electric locomotive number... ㅡ.ㅡ;;;

Changing the company logo... is silent. (...)

12323 = Mugunghwa Lake carriage

Additional info from traduction of a commentator : The teaser video appeared to have been filmed at Bangok Station.

My current conclusion is the use a town named "Mukyeong" but it's fictional.

However, it's inspired by Mungyeong real town because all fit (abandonned station, tunnel).

You can also check on the blog that one of the shoting scene is on Mungyeong old line.

2 hours ago, SuZy Leoo said:

You can try Tunnel or Signal- similar concept, both are not bad

Not bad?:D They were good dramas. I enjoyed both and I think Train will be good as well. I watched episode 4 and I can`t wait to see more.

If Do-Won wake up in World A, it is interesting to see what he will do. He has a drug addiction and it will be hard for him. Also he will discover the two words. I don`t think Do Won from World B is the serial killer but he had a very different evolution than Do Won from World A. His father is alive and he was in jail from murder.

I wonder when Lee Sung Wook from world B will appear. The one from world A said that he saw himself in the train station.

I am also curious if the two Do Won will cross again in the near future to their own world.  Maybe not right away.

Now I am waiting for week end. :D

57 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

My current conclusion is the use a town named "Mukyeong" but it's fictional.

However, it's inspired by Mungyeong real town because all fit (abandonned station, tunnel).

You can also check on the blog that one of the shoting scene is on Mungyeong old line.

Thanks for sharing this. It looks like Mukyong is fictional. They changed one letter to the original name Mungyeong. There's this disclaimer in the beginning about fictitious events, place and people. Actual station looks small in person but looks big and creepy in the show.

10 minutes ago, larus said:

If Do-Won wake up in World A, it is interesting to see what he will do

I'd like to see this too. DW-A is a smart detective. He accepted that he's in a different world and able to adapt to his environment quickly. I wonder if DW-B is the same? Theyre basically the same person but his mind mightve been deteriorated due to drug addiction. It will be nice if they face then help each other to solve the case. The problem is DW-A wants to stay in world B. That's a big problem for DW-B.

43 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

One question, how did Do-won B land up injured on a ventilator? Did I miss something ?

I think they will address this in episode 5, it seems like perhaps he jumped off the train when the detectives are chasing him - just when DW-A jumps into the train as he thought he saw SK in the train...

Archived