[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I binge-watched this drama last week and I must say I couldn’t relate at all to the Chief. As a matter of fact, I completely don’t understand parents who cover up murder for their kids. However, this lady took it much further by repeatedly dumping the bodies of the victims her son killed. No matter how much I try, I don’t get her. She’s just as much a monster as her kid. 

She actually started out as the "righteous" version. She got her son arrested in her original world (even World A chief covered up for her son), but when he killed himself, she regretted it and she jumped worlds. In the other worlds, her son was always in prison and was always committing suicide. World B is the only place where he is alive but was doing murders. I am not a mother, but I think I can also feel for what she went through. She was thinking that sending her son to prison would kill him, so she was willing to cover for him. Watching her son die several times must have really broken her heart, plus her brain disease might have made her a bit crazy by the time she got to World B.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, aria26 said:

She actually started out as the "righteous" version. She got her son arrested in her original world (even World A chief covered up for her son), but when he killed himself, she regretted it and she jumped worlds. In the other worlds, her son was always in prison and was always committing suicide. World B is the only place where he is alive but was doing murders. I am not a mother, but I think I can also feel for what she went through. She was thinking that sending her son to prison would kill him, so she was willing to cover for him. Watching her son die several times must have really broken her heart, plus her brain disease might have made her a bit crazy by the time she got to World B.

Sorry but I still don’t get her no matter what. Is her son’s life more precious than the people he brutally killed? No matter how righteous she started, she didn’t continue in it. I don’t think she has any moral ground to stand on and I didn’t feel sorry for her at all. In fact, a good ending for her might have been that she herself became a victim of her son’s killing spree. She utterly repulses me as a person, mother and police officer. 

Archived