[Drama 2020] Train, 트레인

0ly40

Train: Episode 1

by LollyPip

Train01-00412.jpg

It’s finally here! Train, OCN’s latest supernatural thriller, has all the indications of being an exciting fantasy ride. Yoon Shi-yoon and Kyung Su-jin are paired up as old friends who find themselves entangled in a mystery involving secrets, murder, and family connections, and that’s before we even get into the paranormal aspects of the case.

EPISODE 1: The skeletons at the closed station

We open on a deserted stretch of train tracks leading into a dark tunnel. A cat is sitting on the tracks when the warning lights start to flash and the bells warn that a train is approaching. Suddenly, the train rushes by and the cat is swept away.

April 8, 2008

A high school girl arrives home during a rainstorm — her nametag says that she’s Han Seo-kyung. It’s dark and quiet in the house, and there’s no answer when she calls for her father. She steps in something wet — blood — which leads to her father’s dead body. Interestingly, the camera lingers on his broken watch, which stopped at 9:35 p.m.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/train-episode-1/

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

The girl - a doppelganger - was murdered in world B and was transported and dumped to world A through train. Everyone in world A has doppelganger counterpart in world b

Oic, so it was just the dead body who travelled between the 2 worlds.

Btw I think that Do-won B (or is it A?) - I mean the one with the hair slicked up, is not the killer.

OCN really going to get me with another one.

Some kdramas get too bogged down and convoluted when parallel worlds and whatnot get introduced, so I hope the writing can stay tight enough to make it work.

Really liked those first two episodes.

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Some kdramas get too bogged down and convoluted when parallel worlds and whatnot get introduced, so I hope the writing can stay tight enough to make it work.

This is only a 12 episode drama, so I'm hopeful that will help keep the story on track (pun intended).  

Im with you guys. I really hope the writers can keep the story tight throughout.

15 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Btw I think that Do-won B (or is it A?) - I mean the one with the hair slicked up, is not the killer.

Yup I feel the same. It's just too early to tell. Also DW-B and the guy in raincoat wore different shoes. 

OCN has done it again! It's been a while since I have been intrigued and hooked by a drama from the first episode alone. I love the pace of the story so far. The acting has been great, most especially YSY. Also, I find myself already so invested in the potential romance between the leads when it's only been 2 episodes. Once the rules of these "worlds" are established this could be quite an epic ride. OCN is amazing at producing these kind of genres. Fingers crossed....

The first episode was good but episode 2 really took off. YSY is magnetic, as always. KSJ was really good and their chemistry is great. Overall, I look forward to seeing where this goes and with only 12 episodes, I hope that means the pacing and plot move along as well as it did in the first two episodes.

Spoiler

I was hoping she's not dead but being OCN I imagine she is and that her counterpart will be the one to come to the other world. I don't imagine we will have any romance or happy ending here although I always hold out hope.

As an aside, I'm such a sucker for the single tear and YSY does it so well! (my tumblr gif)

e32a3777b539cea70f89beda0e95724348898da5

I will say, someone is killing and dumps body in the other world to avoid being caught.. and the ML in that world is basically bringing back bodies and dumping again in this world so that detectives can find that people in their own world are being killed.. else murders will go untraced..

World A (with our cop male lead): Murderer kills and dumps bodies in world B, hence world A is not even aware of murders. Murderer also kills people in world A, and dumps bodies in world B

World B (our other hero in suit): he tracks and dumps murdered bodies back in world A hoping cops once aware can try to catch the killer

22 hours ago, Happy Sheep said:

They're the same person but in different situations" this gave me some relief. Now it wont feel weird if DW-A sees SK-B the same way as SK-A

YSY was so funny in this interview :lol:

Thanks for this!! Its great to see eng subtitles!! Haha i love the way the MC was trying to link the 2 leads together for this drama!! YES...TODAY IS EPISODE 3!!:shaq:

2 hours ago, thingskateknows said:

Hide contents

I was hoping she's not dead but being OCN I imagine she is and that her counterpart will be the one to come to the other world. I don't imagine we will have any romance or happy ending here although I always hold out hope.

As an aside, I'm such a sucker for the single tear and YSY does it so well! (my tumblr gif)

Im readying myself for any possibilities since it's OCN :joy: 

Ah yes the the single tear. I like it too. he do it on one side where the camera is focused.

59 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I will say, someone is killing and dumps body in the other world to avoid being caught.. and the ML in that world is basically bringing back bodies and dumping again in this world so that detectives can find that people in their own world are being killed.. else murders will go untraced..

Hmm that's a good theory. A hint that makes me certain that the serial killer is in world B and dumping bodies in world A is Lee Jiyoung, the 5th victim who is actually alive in world A. I never thought of this but your theory is still possibility since we dont know whats behind the train murders as of the moment. Hope we'll get answers in ep3

1 hour ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Thanks for this!! Its great to see eng subtitles!! Haha i love the way the MC was trying to link the 2 leads together for this drama!! YES...TODAY IS EPISODE 3

The MC was hilarious. She's trying to connect them like it is fate :joy:

Dropping my thoughts and observation before new episode airs tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong

1. Everyone in World A has doppelganger in World B. They share the same DNA and fingerprints. But the relationships and professions of characters in world A may differ in World B. For example, DW-B and SK-B are enemies in world B. SK-A is prosecutor while SK-B is a detective.

2. Train appears 9:35 pm when raining. That's why DW-A didnt encounter it physically but have seen it because it wasnt raining.

3. This was one of Dowon descriptions: Dowon jumps back and forth between parallel universes

4.  "A single choice made on the night of a murder that splits the world into two alternate universes" I'm still curious about this. What was this choice? Did it happen in 2008 when SK's father was murdered? Did the world split into two in that year? Or maybe there was another murder before that.

---

EP3 preview still cuts 

fMHs6hd.jpg

Spoiler

ZqKFNJg.jpg

ooK0nQn.jpg

WRPEgEr.jpg

Source Naver

EP3 preview still cuts from OCN

3tlMfR6.jpg

Spoiler

Fu2XAZn.jpg

zlVywim.jpg

mrXhN3h.jpg

8QMmUhO.jpg

sxZWVpS.jpg

RGlwgiv.jpg

LWN2WJQ.jpg

G9FwEml.jpg

Source IG

Train: Episode 2

by LollyPip

As Faulkner once said, “The past is never dead. It’s not even past.” Our protagonists deal with that very issue this week, as a traumatic event from years ago rears its head in the present day.

EPISODE 2: The truth from 12 years ago

train2-00013.jpgtrain2-00016.jpg

Do-won regains consciousness on the train tracks to see a train coming at him, even though the station has been closed for five years. He leaps off the tracks just in time, and the train speeds past him.

Inside, Sung-wook has found the body of a fifth murder victim inside a trash bin. She hears Sung-wook, her ex-stepbrother, coming and she hides, recalling that Sung-wook has suffered a bad head injury and isn’t sound of mind anymore. She calls Do-won but it takes him a minute to answer, and the call disconnects. He calls her back, and the phone’s buzzing tips off Sung-wook to Seo-kyung’s location. Crap!

Jae-hyuk and Jin-woo have been to Sung-wook’s home and learned that he isn’t there, so they call Do-won to let him know. He tells them to come to Mukyeong train station, because he thinks there’s a fifth victim. As soon as he hangs up, he finds another candy wrapper and realizes that Sung-wook is nearby.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/train-episode-2/

Archived