[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Hello,

I don't remember the last time I posted. But I just had to comment about how much I love this drama. I have enjoyed reading analysis and theories so far. I am so curious as to what will happen next. The title of episode 9 is "The King with Donkey's ears?" which was referenced in MY's first class. At that time she had mentioned that to relieve stress you should talk behind people's back. The common lesson from the tale is about trust and broken trust. I am wondering what they will touch in the episode, Juri the "two face RickRoll'D"? or will we have issues with trust. I was also very curious about the scene in the preview with MY dangling Mang Tae, that did not look promising. What are your takes on it?

Again I am so excited to see how this will unfold. So far the writing hasn't disappointed! 

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, leejoongi1trash said:

Hello,

I don't remember the last time I posted. But I just had to comment about how much I love this drama. I have enjoyed reading analysis and theories so far. I am so curious as to what will happen next. The title of episode 9 is "The King with Donkey's ears?" which was referenced in MY's first class. At that time she had mentioned that to relieve stress you should talk behind people's back. The common lesson from the tale is about trust and broken trust. I am wondering what they will touch in the episode, Juri the "two face RickRoll'D"? or will we have issues with trust. I was also very curious about the scene in the preview with MY dangling Mang Tae, that did not look promising. What are your takes on it?

Again I am so excited to see how this will unfold. So far the writing hasn't disappointed! 

Great catch about The King with Donkey ears being mentioned in MY's first class and being the title of the next episode. 

Poor Mang Tae, he got beheaded in episode 8. And from the looks of it, he will be executed by hanging in the next episode. Hopefully he will be okay and no sewing/mending is required. Just a guess, something happened after they happily left the hospital and MY got mad at KT. So MY hangs a rope around Mang Tae's head that night as she's fuming mad and KT is frustrated while laying in bed and saying he's out of his mind. And maybe it gets resolved and MY is happily tossing and turning in bed and holding on to Mang Tae again. 

Or there is a kissing scene in epi 9 and it makes MY happy as she's tossing and turning in bed while KT is laying in his bed saying he's out of his mind. 

Either way, I'm all for a kissing scene lol 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Msgreentea said:

So am I. But I'm more eager to see the bts of their kissing scene at this point. The two goofball kept busrting into laughter on set, so I wanna know how they're gonna manage to film the kissing scene.

:sparklyeyes:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

So the next title episode is The King with Donkey's Ears?

I went and brushed up on the story :D 

Is the episode going to be about "everybody knows Kang Tae & Moon Young like each other"? :) 

So the SECRET is that KT and MY love each other since they were young <3

to those who are interested what's the story of The King with Donkey's Ears

A long time ago, there was a king who had floppy ears shaped just like the ears of a donkey. The king was very embarrassed about his ears and always covered them up when he was in public so that the people of the village would never be allowed to discover his secret. The only person who ever saw the king’s ears was his hairdresser.

The king often warned the hairdresser, ‘You must promise never to tell anyone that I have ears shaped like a donkey or I will send my guards to your house and they will take you away to my prison where you shall remain for the rest of your life.’

The hairdresser found it very hard to keep this secret because he wanted to tell all of the villagers about the king’s ears, but he always remembered the king’s warning and so kept the secret to himself for many years.

But one morning, the hairdresser woke up and knew that he could keep the secret to himself no longer. He got dressed and left his house and walked out of the village into the countryside where he was sure that he was all alone. Then he found a patch of flat grass and began to dig with his hands.

Eventually the hairdresser made a very deep hole, and when he was satisfied with his work he leaned over into the hole and shouted at the top of his voice, ‘The king has ears shaped like a donkey! The king has ears shaped like a donkey!’

Once he had shouted out the king’s secret, the hairdresser felt much better. Then he covered over the hole with earth and grass and returned to his home, reassuring himself that he had not really betrayed the king’s trust.

Many years later, there was a school built next to the hole, and a playground built around the hole where the children would play when they were not in class.

One day, when all of the children were playing in the playground, a young boy discovered the hole hidden beneath the grass and earth. The boy quickly cleared the earth away and all of a sudden a loud voice escaped from the hole up into the air for all the children to hear: ‘The king has ears shaped like a donkey! The king has ears shaped like a donkey!’

The children were very surprised to hear the hairdresser’s voice fill the air, and they giggled and laughed about the secret of the king’s ears. When they got home that day, the children told the secret to their parents. Then the parents told the secret to the rest of their family. Then each family told the secret to all of their friends.

‘The king has ears shaped like a donkey,’ they laughed to one another.

Very soon the whole village knew about the king’s ears and they all giggled and laughed because they now knew why the king always covered up his head whenever he was out in public.

Well, it did not take very long at all before the king realised that everybody knew his secret and he was very embarrassed and very angry. The king remembered that only one man knew about his donkey-shaped ears and so he sent his guards to the hairdresser’s house. The guards took a hold of the hairdresser and dragged him back to the palace and threw the man into the prison where he was told he would spend the rest of his life.

The hairdresser pleaded with the king to let him go, but the king said to the hairdresser, ‘You promised me that you would not share my secret but you could not keep it to yourself. I trusted you and you betrayed me. For this you will spend the rest of your life in prison and you will learn that it is always important to keep your promises to others and not to share secrets.’

And so the hairdresser remained in prison for the rest of his life and always felt sorry for sharing the king’s secret when he had promised not to do so.

cr: https://worldstories.org.uk/reader/the-king-with-donkey-ears/english/383

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, leejoongi1trash said:

Hello,

Ooo great pick up!! I did look up the story a little more and it's basically about a king who has donkey ears and the only person who know's is his barber. the barber finds it difficult to keep the secret so he goes into the woods and screams it out loud. he then feels much better about it, however, every time the wind blew, the woods would whisper the kings secret and thus spreading the information around town. there's different variations of it but i think that's the gist of the story. there's also this more 'child like' version i'll link below where a prince is born handsome and frequently puts down others until he learns he has donkey ears and apologises for being rude to others and previously living in vain. https://www.bedtimeshortstories.com/the-prince-with-donkey-ears. will be curious to see our this story will be used in next weeks episode? anyone else have any guesses? 

if it is about trust and rumours, maybe it will be about MY and the rumours revolving her mum? the preview shoes KT questioning what happened to MY's mum so that touches on rumours/stories spreading surrounding the mum. MY might feel a little betrayed KT doesn't believe her thus maybe the scene of Mang tae being hung haha. Or maybe MY is just angry KT hasn't kissed her yet ahahah ;)  

It could also be about trust and keeping promises. Like KT promising to always be there for ST or MY promising to always respect ST? These aspects might be explored further i.e what happens when you fulfil promises and have trust, verses what happens when trust and promises are broken. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@shazai :what!: 

Your version isn't the version I had "brushed up" on!

Don't laugh...I just picked one from YT and listen to it while I work....and it was cute, the kid was telling the story.

well all fairytales have different versions so this is another version :)

• Like 7

Hi everyone let’s request the Vogue and other popular magazines for photoshoot for our hottest couple KimSooHyun and SeoYeJi Please everyone put request here in Twitter continuously  for few days we may get their photoshoot if they have the request and demand from everyone. Let’s do this guys please we can get their beautiful photoshoot for the fire couple 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@shazai True. We'll find out this Fri which version it is.

Thanks for sharing the other variation :) 

There's a Korean version of the story too! In this version, the crown maker died in peace before he was found out. 

The King Has Donkey Ears! Even bamboo trees can't keep secrets

Once upon a time in ancient Silla, there lived King Gyeongmun (r. 861—875), the kingdom’s 48th king. On top of living in tumultuous times, full of turmoil and rebellion, King Gyeongmun had another vexing problem. According to legend, he had hideously large ears. Much like King Midas of Phrygia, who was punished by the Greek god Apollo with donkey ears, King Gyeongmun never failed to wear some form of crown or hat to cover his abnormal hearing organs. Unlike King Midas, however, King Gyeongmun had no magic touch that turned things to gold. Moreover, his donkey ears were not the result of some divine curse, but simply developed one day out of the blue. King Gyeongmun was horrified. He was dumbfounded. Nobody could know.

Don’t You Tell a Single Tree!

King Gyeongmun was apparently great at keeping secrets, for nobody knew about his resemblance to a donkey, not even his queen. In fact, the only person who ever saw King Gyeongmun without either his hat or crown was the royal crown maker, who by professional necessity occasionally measured the King’s head. Whether it was out of fear or respect, the crown maker knew better than to go around telling people what he knew. Even the trustworthy crown maker, however, wasn’t completely free of the gossip instinct. Upon nearing his death, the tortured crown maker realized he simply couldn’t take his secret with him to the grave. His sealed lips must be opened at least once before meeting his maker. “Oh, I must tell somebody,” he thought.

Unable to contain it any longer, the crown maker fled deep into a bamboo forest near a serene temple and shouted into the trees, “The King has donkey ears!” Satisfied at last, the crown maker was able to return home and die in peace. The bamboo trees, however, couldn’t contain themselves either, and every time the wind blew through the forest, they echoed the words, “The King has donkey ears...the King has donkey ears,” a sound that carried quite far, informing nearly the entire kingdom of King Gyeongmun’s medical secret. Infuriated and embarrassed, King Gyeongmun ordered that the entire bamboo forest be cut down and eradicated. However, every time the wind blew it carried the same words everywhere it went: “the King has donkey ears...the King has donkey ears...” Perhaps it is such a wind that has brought this story to us across so many generations.

Written by Felix Im

Source: http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Culture/view?articleId=122701

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Msgreentea said:

Poor Mang Tae, he got beheaded in episode 8. And from the looks of it, he will be executed by hanging in the next episode. Hopefully he will be okay and no sewing/mending is required. Just a guess, something happened after they happily left the hospital and MY got mad at KT. So MY hangs a rope around Mang Tae's head that night as she's fuming mad and KT is frustrated while laying in bed and saying he's out of his mind. And maybe it gets resolved and MY is happily tossing and turning in bed and holding on to Mang Tae again. 

Or there is a kissing scene in epi 9 and it makes MY happy as she's tossing and turning in bed while KT is laying in his bed saying he's out of his mind. 

I'm gonna go for ST sending a mafia style message to KMY in the way of a hanged Mang Tae, lol.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 7

"said you'd always be my white blood,

circulate the right love

giving me your white blood,

i need you right here with me

said you'd always be my white blood,

elevate my soul above

giving me your white blood,

i need you right here with me, here with me"

new fmv dedicated to this drama couple

with song

Oh Wonder - White Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok6w-so470I

Screenshot-20200714-222610-Video-Player.

So many scenes that touched deep after watching the latest episode with sub :""")

And Sang Tae, Sang Tae they love you (ST & MY)! Don't worry.. After the dark we will see how the rainbow made between (also) the three of them, please... I love them

• Like 6

On 7/15/2020 at 1:56 PM, mademoisellesia said:

@shazai 

Your version isn't the version I had "brushed up" on!

Don't laugh...I just picked one from YT and listen to it while I work....and it was cute, the kid was telling the story.

The one I know is about Midas and his barber! :cutekitty:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including reaction gifs . Thanks
  • Like 3