[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

https://www.soompi.com/article/1413496wpp/kim-soo-hyun-finds-happiness-with-seo-ye-ji-after-following-his-heart-for-1st-time-on-its-okay-to-not-be-okay

Kim Soo Hyun Finds Happiness With Seo Ye Ji After Following His Heart For 1st Time On “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay”

by E. Cha | Jul 17, 2020

BCCA28F3-30A8-42B2-AB8F-96E50C2196A8.jpg

tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji going on a blissful date together!

Spoiler

On the previous episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” Moon Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun) listened to his heart instead of his head for the first time in his life. Due to his strong sense of responsibility and the pressure of having to look after his older brother from an early age, Moon Kang Tae had never strayed from the rules or let himself be swayed by his emotions.

However, when a patient’s abusive ex-husband physically attacked Go Moon Young (played by Seo Ye Ji), he was unable to stop himself from punching the man in her defense—earning himself a suspension from the hospital in the process.

As “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” heads into the second half of its run, the producers tease that this uncharacteristic behavior is merely the start of Moon Kang Tae’s transformation. In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Moon Kang Tae is all smiles as he enjoys a carefree day with Go Moon Young and tastes freedom for the first time in years.

In contrast to his past muted emotions, Moon Kang Tae beams happily at the camera as he poses for a selfie with Go Moon Young during the day, and he later shares a relaxing drink with her at night as they enjoy the warm summer weather outside. As the two characters grow closer, they will begin to finally find the courage to look inside themselves at the emotional scars they had previously been afraid to face.

Spoiler

351B5A19-92FD-418A-B6A6-527DAC6A80E6.jpg

4182C4BA-0B42-443C-B5CA-B23A2ED79CCE.jpg

1E3F2E5D-8E71-4B68-9C5E-A737455D26D7.jpg

The next episode of “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” will air on July 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

——————————————

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/07/18/2020071800439.html
Seo Ye-ji Finds Part of a Lifetime in tvN's Hit Series

By Son Ho-young | July 18, 2020

Seo Ye-ji has landed the part of a lifetime in tvN's hit series "It's Okay to Not Be Okay." She plays a successful children's book writer with childhood trauma, which has made her aloof and unsympathetic, so now nothing stops her from doing and saying what she wants.

Young women are especially bowled over Seo's character as they can get vicarious pleasure from watching her, with the rating for target viewers between 20 and 50 coming on top among on cable channel shows at the same time slot. 

60E8C485-BABB-422B-BE1F-A81042619103.jpg
Seo Ye-ji

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" turns the typical Korean soap's Cinderella story upside down -- rather than a bland tycoon with perfect hair, Seo's co-star Kim Soo-hyun plays a guard on a psychiatric ward who could never afford to look after himself because he is the primary carer of his autistic older brother.

He is rescued by Seo's character who has everything –- money and fame. Watching a possessive woman talk bluntly and be honest about her desires is proving cathartic for her audience.

"The show portrays a woman who is independent and proactive, and it gives viewers the impression that women have control in life. It has many elements that young women can relate to," said critic Kong Hee-jeong.

Of course there has been grumbling about the role reversals. Some complained about a scene of Seo touching and holding on to Kim's naked torso, which they say could be viewed as a sexual harassment. Why is it, they ask, that a man's naked body is allowed on TV while a woman's is not?

"There is sympathy for people who couldn't afford to lead an average, normal life, but there is some concern that it gives too much voice to people who act unusually within a society. It is refreshing, yet a bit over the top," said Kong.

Another critic said, "The mainstream media has long held a very male-centric view of strong women as witches or RickRoll'D. It remains to be seen how 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay' deals with that in the remaining episodes."

• Like 11

Moon Young & Sang Tae's fight

I love this scene :D I laugh and enjoy it on each rewatch...

It's a pity they didn't show too many NGs or BTS on making this scene. I thought it would be fun & lots of laughters.

Moon Young really listens to Kang Tae. Sang Tae was grabbing her hair but she didn't grab his.

And LOL, I swear, when the camera zoom in to Moon Young was grabbing Sang Tae's singlet, which happened to be showing his armpit, she moved her hand and blocked the armpit and armpit hair. Is that a coincident or Seo Ye Ji was being considerate? :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Janet Suhh participates in the OST special track of'Psycho but it's okay'...released today (18th)

The pop tracks of'Psycho but it's okay' will be released through various sound source sites at 12:00 noon on the 18th today. This release of'Psycho But It's Okay OST Special Track Vol.2' is included in the main scenes of the play, and contains pop tracks that have become the top public in saving emotions. 

In particular, all the tracks are said to have been sung by Janet Suhh "Monster Newcomer" . Many songs have attracted viewers' attention even before the release, but attention is focused on the news of Janet Suhh's pop track release, which has been the hottest guess and inquiries. 

Today's'Psycho But It's Okay OST Special Track Vol.2' consists of three songs including Janet Seo's'In Silence','I'm Your Psycho', and'Lighting Up Your World'. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003388903

202007180846601021_1_20200718085409959.jpg?type=w540

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Janet Suhh participates in the OST special track of'Psycho but it's okay'...released today (18th)

The pop tracks of'Psycho but it's okay' will be released through various sound source sites at 12:00 noon on the 18th today. This release of'Psycho But It's Okay OST Special Track Vol.2' is included in the main scenes of the play, and contains pop tracks that have become the top public in saving emotions. 

In particular, all the tracks are said to have been sung by Janet Suhh "Monster Newcomer" . Many songs have attracted viewers' attention even before the release, but attention is focused on the news of Janet Suhh's pop track release, which has been the hottest guess and inquiries. 

Today's'Psycho But It's Okay OST Special Track Vol.2' consists of three songs including Janet Seo's'In Silence','I'm Your Psycho', and'Lighting Up Your World'. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003388903

:sparklyeyes: So excited!!!!!!! I was waiting for these songs for forever.

• Like 6

New to this thread!  

Did a bit of skimming and very light back-reading; still got to commit some time to do so, but I think this drama is one worth spending the time to read soompi forum users' always insightful analyses.

I'm most curious about the various symbols and metaphors used in the drama so far to highlight themes and lessons.  I saw a few on the internet one being the backpack that KT wears all the time representing his responsibilities.  

Also question (with spoilers from eps 8):  did anyone find it surprising that KT, at the end of episode 8, felt "free" and finally opened himself up to MY?  A few scenes prior to the last scene (after MY and ST had the pillow fight), ST told KT that MY can have the stuffy but not KT.  To me that was ST's way of being territorial (or how he expresses so).  If anything I would have thought that expression was going to pull KT back even more.

Looking forward to reading the posts in this thread!!

• Like 7

damn, just saw a bts pic of the beach scene and it definitely looks like KT is walking away from MY :(  MY HEARTTT. I thought it would be a kiss scene but i guess it will be a heartbreaking scene for MY. Seems like KT experiences some freedom but starts backtracking a little when he sees the impact it has on ST and realises he needs to be 'realistic' about his situation i.e. ST will always need him. But we all know thats not true... let MY in KT!! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, floweroad said:

damn, just saw a bts pic of the beach scene and it definitely looks like KT is walking away from MY :(  MY HEARTTT. I thought it would be a kiss scene but i guess it will be a heartbreaking scene for MY. Seems like KT experiences some freedom but starts backtracking a little when he sees the impact it has on ST and realises he needs to be 'realistic' about his situation i.e. ST will always need him. But we all know thats not true... let MY in KT!! 

The healing process is complex here. I think they need both time to adjust and a kiss scene will occur only when they will realise their true feelings for each other! I really want to get a kiss but at this point i think it will be on ep 11-12! And one more thing: when they are together in a scene i really feel a sexual tension that is same as a real KISS. Soo Hyun and Ye Ji are great actors, really!!:evilelmo:

• Like 3

:sweatingbullets: Phew!  Finally caught up with 23 pages of the thread. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:58 PM, Cherry93 said:

Hello friends~~

I was a silent lurker for such a long time but the power of this drama forced me to share my opinion lol ^^  .Episode 8 was such a great episode.It's one of those dramas that gets better and better.I'm really happy for our OTP but I don't want Kang-Tae to rush.He needs to take things slowly .We know that Sang-Tae is really sensitive and dependent on him.Even though he is on the higher end of  spectrum but still he needs Kang-Tae's attention and consideration to understand the dynamic of Kang-Tae and Moon-young's relationship and the fact that now there's someone in his brothers life who share his affection.A person who live with autism tend to stick to a certain schedule and when their schedules are altered or disturbed in any way, it can lead to much greater discomfort than it would for someone who does not live with autism. When interacting with autistic adults, it is important to remember that structure equals comfort for them.autistic adults tend to develop attachments with certain objects on individuals in their lives. These can also be a source of comfort for adults with autism who must find a way to cope with the uncertainties of daily life.Adults with autism face a unique set of challenges in their daily lives. The various effects of the condition can alter their perception of the world and people around them in ways that others do not always understand. This can lead to confusion and frustration on both ends.Anyway I hope they figure everything out and we will get our happy ending.

Very insightful post.  I find the storyline about the dilemma of balancing the needs of KT and ST as individuals and as caregiver and an autistic adult the most compelling part of the drama (much more so than the potential romance). I am fascinated to see how the drama is going to handle that aspect of the plot especially as we are now seeing ST's growing discomfort at the many recent changes to his life and routine.

On 7/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, Nodame said:

Not sure I liked the lime green nail color with the cute baby blue suit with uber short skirt. Wow! I didn’t care for the strong white polish but I am not a stylist. I prefer lighter shades myself but I don’t wear polish, too lazy. 

Same. I love everything about her styling except the nail varnish choices:lol:

On 7/13/2020 at 4:39 AM, Not Me said:

i think now tvn need to follow rules to have Ads in between the episode, so that's why they divide the ratings

and we got stuck around 5% ratings :huh: 

Thanks for the reply.  i have been wondering about the change to part1 and part 2 ratings for the drama.

On 7/13/2020 at 6:25 AM, hwonhwon_stv said:

Kim Soo-hyun, Seo Yea-ji, and Oh Jung-se play “OK or Not OK”

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCkJU0Un6Fx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This was really fun.  Thanks for posting!:D

On 7/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Not Me said:

btw, i just found this from the illustrator IG, dunno if this has been posted before

but from his post on july 3th, he already give hint MY hair will be short

if this is a glimpse of their future/ending, i will be very glad!!!!

KT,MY,ST travelling with the camping van!

cr. jamsan74 ig

Awwww!  This is an adorable image!  I hope it's  a good sign of what's to come.  Sang Tae even has his little dinosaur:ok:

On 7/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, fluffyloaf said:

Thanks @madmad min because this made me think of something. In the earlier episodes, we actually saw ST passing by murals of dinosaurs and he would actually see them "coming alive". I am not sure if it is trauma or related to his developmental disorder causing some kind of overstimulation leading him to see static graphics as moving and alive. I am not sure if this means much as we did suspect the butterfly to be an ornate object or pattern the murderer was wearing but I guess from ST's eyes, this butterfly object might have appeared as some large, moving and alive butterfly overwhelming his actual vision of the murderer's appearance. So when the police questioned him on what he saw, he was indeed describing what he saw and very likely his developmental disorder caused him to be unable to see the real identity of the murderer. I think it would be helpful if he saw the object/pattern once again. That might trigger the same visuals in his mind.

Oh wow!  I had not thought of that but that is an excellent guess about the butterflies!

On 7/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, princess16 said:

Wonderfull OST!!:w00t:

Thank you for posting!  I have been trying to find out what this song is.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:28 PM, arcchidus said:

I want to talk about the side characters. Is it just me or are they every obviously setting Joo Ri up with CEO guy and the “chicken friend” with the assistant?

I think so too about JR and Mr CEO.  I'm not sure about Jae Su and the assistant but I would like too see Jae Su end up with someone.  He seems very lovely too.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, demarchelier said:

W Korea magazine interviewed designer, Kim Min-ju, who designed Moon-young's infamous pink dress. 

http://www.wkorea.com/2020/07/16/서예지-패션-비하인드-스토리/?utm_source=naver&utm_medium=partnership

Designer Kim Min-ju  was surprised how the pink dress became a hot topic showing up in entertainment articles, and she was thankful that people found out it was her collection and posting it on social media. She had to resize the dress because SYJ is very slim. 

cr: W Korea

The designer also resized her collection for the young Moon-young. <Moon-young has always been a fashionista!:wub:. This drama amazes me with its attention to detail!>

cr: kim soo-in SNS

cr: W Korea/minjukim collection

Thank you for posting. So much attention to detail. I didn't know that about little MY and her styling

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, floweroad said:

Firstly he must be sure that MY doesn't toxic for ST. And im sure deep down, MY is nothing & so far from that way, we will have some misunderstanding (between 3 of them KT-ST-MY) & so our couple might have little separation from it I think.

Tho MY loves to ST is might sincere, & just exactly what ST needs as new best friend material:

9864bdd603d01e8eed45a272d84b518cd7773950

cdeb15c80f1c263d08d58ce28bc0447345dd838e

b40eef57d20ec14e3bea656128bb816937e199fc

gif cr ssereuki tumblr

Spoiler

94b4875d7bc66b34dbb714ebb0d6402ee26d2f3a

7328994ea7b00ec3bcd3261de1d0c233718b63c8

remember that her character is unprejudice to people, then she is truly respect his talent & doesnt mind with ST mental disability

Hopefully the resolution of all are beside the couple moments, we will also have more scenes of the trio living happily by heal together, gotta have what they need by their side..

• Like 6
  • Love 2