[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

12 hours ago, larus said:

No, I did not mean that story. More corect she knew that Chan Hyeok had feelings for her in the past. When Hyo Seok asked her if Chan Hyeok likes her, she confessed that he did in the past. She could not lie because her face said it already. So it means that she knew, on some degree, of his feelings. She was not clueless.

I think there was a translation error for those subs. I saw the same subs earlier and thought it didn't make any sense for Eun hee to say CH liked her in the past given what we've seen so far. Also I went back and watched the scene and you can hear HS mention Eun Joo when he's asking that question. The subs for that scene on viki  also confirm HS was asking about CH liking Eun Joo. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I just find it strange that CH would be feeling somekind of way about EH dating GJ NOW when he's known about it all along. Unless next week's episode shows the car ride between EJ and CH where he realises that what he felt for EJ wasn't love at all. And it leads to an ephipany for him. This writer I realised likes to use the effect of showing us something and then goes back to explore it from another angle. She's very good at leading the story and setting up clues.

I don`t see romantic chemistry either but I can see how their relationship from friends to lovers might work very well. Some of the best relationships start out as friendships. There is a strong foundation; they know each other better than their own family. They were confidents for so many years; they see each other in their worst and better times.  There will be some Ick factor at first because I see them like siblings but their romantic relationship will progress in time.  

Chan Hyeok`s feelings are confusing and I wish the writer will concentrate on him a little, to know more of his feelings, what he is thinking. We always saw Eun Hee talk and talk. He gives her advises, he calms her down when he gets over emotional but we never saw what she did for him. A good and healthy relationship works both ways, take and give. 

I think the writer would explain why there is the attraction now of all times. Something must happened in the trip.  Was the question Hyo Seok asked?  She was a little odd when she asked him if they (Eun Hee and Hyo Seok) should come back for him. I felt a certain uneasiness. On the other hand, maybe Chan Hyeok wanted to stay with Eun joo (to go with her car) not because he wanted someone to stay with Eun joo but to not be in Eun Hee vicinity at that moment. It triggered something when Eun hee told her how she confirmed the rumors when they were apart?  I am not sure when he realised that he has romantic feelings for her friends. I thought he knew for a long time.  It looks like he was puzzled about the letter his ex-grilfriend sent with the wedding invitation. He did not know all this time why others suspected that there are something else between them? Why would it bother Chan Hyeok to see Eun hee and Gun Joo now? Maybe it was easier to hear about the sexual relationship with her boss but now it is harder when he had to witness their closiness (the kiss)?

Now about Chan hyeok`s feelings for Eun joo. He indeed had feelings for her. When he came to give her the extra pictures from her wedding he has nervous, he arranged himself in the glass door before entering. He even recognized that he loved her himself. Perhaps it was just a crush, an admiration from afar.This may not necessarily translate to craving a relationship for that person. To see her "perfection" and don`t dare to come close. That was an innocent crush when he was younger and that passes. Being in the vicinity of Eun Hee and her family, Chan Hyeok knows more about them than anyone. He is like a part of the family. Even the poster suggests that. We have to wait a little and maybe the witer will tell us more about Chan Hyeok, I hope. I want to know why it was so hard to him in the past? 

Eun hee makes the narations about her feelings, her introspections about her family members, we know more informations about them as she just discovers them herself but I want to know more about Eun Joo as well. I like the dynamic between sisters. Even if they arguing all the time (that`s good, this way they comunicate) I like to watch them. I liked that there was a confrontation between Eun Joo and her husband. It was intense and painful to watch but it was necesarry. I like the scene very much.

10 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I just want to say that the sister's relationship seems to have mirrored their parents. Where EH is like her dad, full of love and compassion but ALWAYS seeing things just from their perspective. Whereas EJ and their mother are  more perceptive, levelheaded and tend to hold in what they feel more. EJ I think was really hurt that EH didn't speak to her for years. I can understand her rage against EH when they both saw the laptop. EJ must have been feeling like you didn't care for years whether I was doing well or not so what are you doing here now?

Oh yes. I have observed the same. Eun hee is like her dad and Eun Joo like her mom. Ironical, the younger sister did not grow up with a close relationship with her father and Eun joo did not have a close relationship with her mother.

Yeah, Eun Joo was really hurt when her sister stop speaking to her. Three years is a long time.  It was over-reacted and very self-centered but knowing how impulsive is Eun Hee and how she was hurt herself (emotionally) because she lost not only a boyfriend and a close friend, I could explain her reaction. Now, Eun Hee sees things from other perspective and she can see her action and her feelings in conection with the others.  Eun Joo reacted then (at her sister`s problem) how she is always doing. That doesn`t mean she doesn`t care. Her actions tells us that she cares about her family (she gave the family her car to help them without telling out loud, he asked Chan Hyeok to take her sister things from Jong Min, always gives her mother extra money). She did not cry to her sister shoulder or told her family how hurt she was when she miscarried. I can see how it is frustrating from Eun hee`s perspective.  I love how both know about each other how they will react or what they would say in a certain situation. They have to accept each other the way they are and know that they both care for each other. The same with the parents.

Just like I understand Sang Shik`s frustration with Jin sook over the years. Now he sees things in another perspective, he will think about how Jin sook would have felt all those years. I am curious about the other son he has in Ulsan ( what is the story),  because that was the moment when everthing changes between them. They have to adress this issue.

I LOVE this drama!! I had my eye on it since it was announced and I'm glad it is so good! 

I wish there were more dramas of this type (with no idols *cough*:ph34r:.)

The first four episodes were awesome, revelations at every turn to set the foundation for the story, and boy, is this family messed up!

I remember reading back in college that, "Every family is dysfunctional, it is only the degree of dysfunction that differs". Maybe it is confirmation bias at play, but that quote seems true to me in real life and in dramas where they ramp up the dysfunction. Gay hubby, birth secrets, attempted suicide, attempted abortion, son outside wedlock, nine year relationship, friend liking sister.... Dysfunction = MAKJANG in this drama.

I love all your comments!

The person I feel for most is Eun Joo. Eun Hee may be the centre of the drama, but Eun Joo clearly has the most to process. Her birth secret is yet to be revealed, which she will have to deal with as she processes the pain of betrayal by her hubby and the divorce that must come. She also recalls her mum wanting to commit suicide with her, along with all the things y'all have mentioned here that have led up to her current state as a stoic character. I know a man doesn't solve much, but I really just want a little bit of male happiness for her to compensate for the time lost in the marriage. (Will some nice, sober guy with no issues and a whole lot of love to give appear in the horizon?) I'm a sucker for characters like hers...lol. Eun Hee's upcoming love triangle pales in comparison to Eun Joo's problems.

I know the end game is for Chan Hyuk and Eun Hee but leading up to the end of episode 6, I hoped that it would be Chan Hyuk X Eun Joo (as they drove back) and VPresident X Eun Hee (at the cafe)... then the last scene happened when Eun Hee was embarassed about being caught kissing and now I am lost... :D

What's next? Eun Joo goes on the rampage and back to work, Eun Hee and her Love Triangle, Mum conflicted about the marriage graduation, newly single and conflicted Dad out in the world as a 1982 version of himself in 2020, Ji Woo dodging all the bombs going off... I guess the end for this family is that they will grow closer as they deal with secrets. Writernim! Don't screw this up!

Where's MONDAY!!

12 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

t feels like TH and EJ's relationship is done but EJ seems to want to punish him abit(as she should). One thing I didn't like is how almost subserviant and submissive she was to her MIL. I think TH was abit right that EJ wanted that rich life because she sets her high standard for herself and for her life in general. 

Man, I still have to get used to the idea that Eun joo and Tae Hyeong are done. They could have made a beautiful and compatible couple. I thought that they are were estranged because of miscarriage and infertility problems but I hoped they will resolve their problems eventually. Now, with the revelations that he is gay, it not going to happen. I am sad.

I don`t know what was the relationship between Eun joo and her family-in law but from what I saw and from what Tae Hyeong said, they had a good relationship. That`s good. I can tell that Eun Joo had a good relationship with her mother in law. His mother`s face relaxed like she saw someone dear to her when Eun joo came to her in the office. Maybe Eun Joo wanted the rich life but that life suited her. I can see how she enjoyed the company of her in laws. When Eun Joo realised that her mother in law knew about her son`s sexual orientation, she kept her feelings inside. It was not a place for her to make a scene, it is not her style but we saw how she felty betrayed and there was a tension acumulated in her. 

Both Eun Joo and Tae Hyeong married to escape their family. She has some issues with her family (most of it, misunderstandings and past frustrations) but Tae Hyeong resented his parents more. We knew that he had his reasons for that. Plus, he hated himself too. When Eun Joo entered the family, she liked it, she wanted to make the marriage work, she wanted to be a mother. Tae Hyeong started to resent her more and more, adding his emotional feelings of coming out, he gave up completly on marriage. He was dead inside.

I don`t want to see Eun joo making Tae Hyeong suffer because she will suffer along with him. Just like Eun Hee said, she should cut the losses and move on, go out of the marriage with a financial compensation. That`s the healthier solution (her own rational solution) but it is much easier said than done. I really hope she will do that. Knowing her, she could decide that they will stay in the marriage, like a facade and that`s torture for both of them. That`s a kamikaze solution. I really hope she will love herself more and not decide that. Knowing the truth about her husband, sh eliberated herself from the pressure but her biggest regret will be that she lost time and it will be too late for her to became a mother. I hope she should accept the failed relationship, tell her family what is going on, distance herself from the painful marriage, start a new life. She is still young and maybe she will be at peace later. But right now she is going through a hard time.  She should not do the same mistakes, distanced herself and not accept help from family.

@africandramalover Glad to see a post from you! I notice you are active reacting so nice to see your thoughts finally! (Also thanks for your reactions to my posts.) I love the dig (cough ahem idols) in dramas. I know right? (But NOT all idols are bad). 

Spoiler

Park Hyungsik and Im Siwan , DO of EXO are a few that come to mind are pretty good. Even the lovely IU, I love her but she was not good in her early stuff. She was AMAZING My Mister. She was cute in Dream High.

But the current drama I am watching ---Dinner Mates---- UGGGH the second lead actress/Idol member is def the acting weak link of the 2 main couples. 

I like when they share about EJ but I have always liked the actress who plays EH. (Her other dramas I have seen her, so different from this character and I like EH way better.) I haven' seen the actress playing EJ too much. But she was amazing when she was with in the scene with TH confronting him. Also the scene of her fragile mind and break down after reading TH's chat history ---wow. Excellent job.

I agree I hope the writer nim doesn't screw up for us too.

@larus  Yeah the set up for CH and EH, I too don't have the romantic vibes either , it is why (then again bias to Shin Dong Wook too) for EH to be with GJ.  I like their relationship but we have not seen anything much for me to think of them as a couple yet. I guess we will later and how the writer will try to show that buildup.  

As pointed out and I did note it too (ergo my earlier thought of CH liking EJ only) how CH was straightening himself before seeing EJ. (He never did that with EH. Even if he put her on a pedestal (I felt) EJ is a goddess. Can't blame him if she is his first serious love/crush---but as we can see she just treats him as a close dongseng.

@kysy  Thanks for the clarification! I thought so, even when I heard the Korean too (I get some of it from YEARS of drama watching) I did not think it meant HS asking CH about EH but EJ if he liked her in the past. 

Moderators note . 
Hi all . Just a note going forward. No IG posts allowed due to IG’s recent policy / ruling in the US . 

Please note  Update #4 posted at the top of the forum page 
You may use other social media platforms 

8 hours ago, kysy said:

I think there was a translation error for those subs. I saw the same subs earlier and thought it didn't make any sense for Eun hee to say CH liked her in the past given what we've seen so far. Also I went back and watched the scene and you can hear HS mention Eun Joo when he's asking that question. The subs for that scene on viki  also confirm HS was asking about CH liking Eun Joo. 

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, the subs can make us more confuse.

Let me resume a little. Eun Hee did not know about Chang Hyeok`s feelings for her. OK, that makes more sense. So, when Hyo Seok asked about Chan Hyeok and Eun joo, she must have felt something, an uneasiness, maybe a little jelousy. That`s why she talk to the phone and asked him if he wants to come with them. Later, she felt her heart beating faster at the thought that Chang Hyeok was there to see the kiss with Gun Joo. So she feels something more than love friendship and little by little she will realise her feelings.

Now Chan Hyeok... it is more complicated. It not very clear about his feelings but I can assume he realised about his feelings for Eun Hee on the trip as well. We have to watch more to know for sure. What I said earlier about him stands up. We have to see more of him.  Why he had a hard time in the past and why he enrolled in the army when Eun Joo and Jong Min started dating. When he mentioned them as "campus couple" he sound a little jelous. He has not realised till today about his feelings?:o He is starting to see now why others always thought he had a "thing" for her? 

The pieces of the puzzle start to fit better. :lol:

52 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

I know a man doesn't solve much, but I really just want a little bit of male happiness for her to compensate for the time lost in the marriage. Will some nice, sober guy with no issues and a whole lot of love to give appear in the horizon? I'm a sucker for characters like hers.

Me too. I have an atraction for tragic characters like her, with a stoic demeanor but a lot of emotions inside.  She will be alright on her own but I hope she finds a good man who will give her love. If not, she could adopt a child by herself.

35 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Yeah the set up for CH and EH, I too don't have the romantic vibes either , it is why (then again bias to Shin Dong Wook too) for EH to be with GJ.  I like their relationship but we have not seen anything much for me to think of them as a couple yet. I guess we will later and how the writer will try to show that buildup.  

I am alright with whoever she will choose but I already know ..... :D Chan Hyeok is a very good man. Eun hee is lucky to have two fine men being in love with her.

@larus Amen I am envious of EH myself ! :luvarrow:

Agreed two hot men pining for you?!

Also good points of CH realizing belatedly about his feelings for EH. Not everyone is self aware or knows themselves so well always in the throes of love with someone else. In another drama I am watching, the second couple - the guy is smart, silly but a good guy. But boy he took forever to realize his feelings for someone he NEVER expected to like. Yeah he could be low key realistically crushing on EH but only idolizing EJ on a pedestal. We all know EH to him is NOT on a pedestal.

I'm so behind on this drama, but I was finally able to catch up on ep 5 and 6.

Lots of really good points have been raised already on this thread, so I will add just a couple of thoughts to the discussion:

1) Holy guacamole - the actors playing the parents are phenomenal! These seasoned actors are slaying every scene they are in and are (I hate to say it) overshadowing the younger generation actors. I guess experience really does matter. I am intrigued by their story, as well. Hopefully they will get more screen time in the upcoming episodes. :kiss_wink:

2) So Eun Hee got catfished by her boss? I really can't seem to start liking him, and this revelation did not help his case.

3) Eun Joo jumps to conclusions so easily, and assumes how other people think or what their intentions are. She's dictated by her own insecurities and self defense mechanisms. She has a hard time trusting people. I really hope she starts piecing her life together after her marriage breakdown. I still think that she deep down has an intuition that her father is not her biological one.

4) Does Chan Hyuk love Eun Hee or Eun Joo? The show keeps on trolling us as was mentioned. What is clear, though, is that Eun Hee is finally starting to realize that she has feelings for Chan Hyuk. She probably had those for a long time, but was unable to admit them to herself. Especially in the scene where she dumped her ex, she was mostly angry at Chan Hyuk. It was clear that he meant more to her emotionally than her ex did.

5) The family dynamics are a mess, but I'm glad to see that they are starting to communicate more, support each other more and thus, healing will start to take place.

6) The confrontation between Tae Hyung and Eun Joo was intense. Well done to the actors for the portrayal!

I'm sure many people feel angry with Tae Hyung, but I feel that the scene was an eye opener.

Earlier we learnt that both parties married in order to escape their families. They went into the marriage of convenience with their eyes open. They probably never communicated about it, though, and so resentment between them started to build up during the years. Neither party was blameless in the situation.

Was it right that Eun Joo had to go through those treatments? I can't say, but it's possible that also Tae Hyung really wanted to believe in the marriage and in having children as he was fighting to come to terms with his sexual orientation. Yes, he deceived her, but it's clear that he also loved her and cared for her.

We also have to remember that Eun Joo also was culpable for their issues. She used Tae Hyung in her own way.

A little psychology here..... :D (SKIP IF YOU'RE TIRED OF READING THIS TYPE OF ANALYSIS :D)

In the scene where they fight, Tae Hyung said some very harsh words to Eun Joo. In my eyes, he was mostly angry at himself and he felt scared as well.

The way you treat other people, is always a mirror of how you feel about yourself. So when you say hurtful things to other people because you're angry, those words are often how you feel about yourself too.

Was Tae Hyung happy they were in this situation? Certainly not!

Did he feel good about leading a double life and deceiving his wife? Absolutely not.

Did he also feel betrayed for Eun Joo's actions and responsibility for their problems in the marriage? Definitely.

I'm not saying it's right that he said those hurtful words, but it's good to remember that behind anger is always fear....

Love and hate are two emotions that are very close to each other. In case these two people didn't feel love towards each other, they would never have let out so much hate towards each other either in that scene....

16 minutes ago, partyon said:

A little psychology here..... :D (SKIP IF YOU'RE TIRED OF READING THIS TYPE OF ANALYSIS :D)

In the scene where they fight, Tae Hyung said some very harsh words to Eun Joo. In my eyes, he was mostly angry at himself and he felt scared as well.

The way you treat other people, is always a mirror of how you feel about yourself. So when you say hurtful things to other people because you're angry, those words are often how you feel about yourself too.

Was Tae Hyung happy they were in this situation? Certainly not!

Did he feel good about leading a double life and deceiving his wife? Absolutely not.

Did he also feel betrayed for Eun Joo's actions and responsibility for their problems in the marriage? Definitely.

I'm not saying it's right that he said those hurtful words, but it's good to remember that behind anger is always fear....

Love and hate are two emotions that are very close to each other. In case these two people didn't feel love towards each other, they would never have let out so much hate towards each other either in that scene....

I love your psychological analysis! It always gives a better insight to how characters act and behave a certain way. In this case, I liked how you explained Tae Hyung's actions were out of fear. I will like to add onto why he is angry at himself. He grew up in a household that did not fully accept his sexuality, making him insecure. He has to come out, but he's afraid of his mom's remarks. Internally, he gives power to his mom's voice. He's sick. He has to take the pills. Her mom further stigmatizes what it means to be gay. This is one portrayal of why LGBTQ lives suffer from anxiety and depression. There's no support and acceptance of who he is. 

(It's Pride Month in USA. Let's support LGBTQ and I myself need to read and understand more on this issue)

One of the issues in this dysfunctional family is that individually they can't draw boundaries and keep healthy measures.

1) Mom calls EH to call EJ to ask about Tae Hyung. I hate this telephone game especially when I experience it myself in real life. The rule of thumb is to communicate directly, and the family members fail to do. How can they communicate when they contact the wrong person to pass on the information? 

2) EJ and EH. They understand how the other acts, but they never accepted each other's individual personality. From many situations, EJ has control of her emotions and she thinks critically. She takes the next step to be proactive. On the other hand, EJ feels a lot of emotions and acts impulsively. She wants to solve the problem and thinks her solution is the way to fix everything. However, her intentions come from herself, not from the person who is in the mess. Ex. She meets Tae Hyung thinking she can fix the problem between him and EunJoo. EJ has to fix her own problem, her relationship herself! 

I will focus on EJ's character because she's quite fascinating and she's always all over the place! As ChanHyuk mentions, she always wants to fix her family problems. Notice how when she was thinking deeply about EJ's relationship problem, she was able to draw a line between her and Gun Joo? She said she will go on her own pace, but near the end of ep 6, GJ kept on crossing the line and projecting his "romantic"  feelings onto her. First, he looks up her address and finds her. Second, he talks about how they talk online via email, which we saw in the first scene of episode 1. I get that he wants to advance the relationship between him and EH, but didn't she say she wanted to go at her own pace? He clearly did not regard her boundaries and this is when EH needs to redraw the line and not fall into the traps of "romanticism" which is portrayed in Disney movies and perfect Kdrama worlds. In real life, love in Disney movies and Kdrama worlds would be seen as dysfunctional. 

So, what I'm getting at is that EJ has trouble drawing her own boundaries when she needs to. She externally lashes out her emotions and loves to voice her problems to someone such as ChanHyuk. Yet she's like an automated robot in that she doesn't listen with her heart!!! 

Because she's expresses her thoughts and feelings outwardly, I think they made a choice to dress her in red and white and also blue.

mO8r2NL.jpg

She has a midnight blue blanket because she's in her sister's place.

vM9mTG2.jpgIn the next scene with Chan Hyuk, the emphasize of red and white are inverted. To match the PP? Haha. Never know. 

iosdfIx.jpg

And lastly this shot is my favorite because she wears baby blue and the patterns around her represent the complexity of her world. I'm looking forward to seeing her character growth and hopefully she will learn to take control of her emotions and thoughts to be where she wants to be. She has this power that she doesn't know yet. Also, I have an inkling that she truly likes Chan Hyuk, not Gun Joo. GJ simply awakened her lonely instincts comforted them. CH, on the other hand, is always there for EH

I also want CH to draw his boundaries! He knows too much about this family. His character is quite fascinating and what I get from him is that he had a crush on EJ...meaning he had this image of an ideal significant other. But I believe he never thought of being with EJ romantically. I think he started acknowledging his feelings for EH when he looked at his photos twice and thought of his coworker suspecting there was a crush. He probably submerged those feelings when EH started talking about Mr. Player. :lol:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode!!! 

Just now, Nodame said:

Park Hyungsik and Im Siwan , DO of EXO are a few that come to mind are pretty good. Even the lovely IU, I love her but she was not good in her early stuff. She was AMAZING My Mister. She was cute in Dream High.

But the current drama I am watching ---Dinner Mates---- UGGGH the second lead actress/Idol member is def the acting weak link of the 2 main couples. 

Agreed! There are good idol actors, but I am more concerned about dramas that cater to idols to maximise use of their fan base. Such dramas would not be this deep, preferring to stick to more sunny/positive/visual romantic plots. Which is not to say that it's a bad strategy, it's just that I am over those kind of storylines. (I'm getting old, I need real drama!^_^

I can't disdain the influence of these idols though. I remember during SKY Castle, I saw a comment by a fan of a certain idol who enjoyed the drama, saying that they only tuned in to watch it because their idol liked it..... Yeah.... A good story should be the first consideration but hey, let's judge a drama by what idols recommend. The drama would probably have had a higher rating if it had idols.... sad but possibly true.

However, I am glad that the biggest dramas in recent times have had older cast.

Just now, larus said:

Me too. I have an atraction for tragic characters like her, with a stoic demeanor but a lot of emotions inside.  She will be alright on her own but I hope she finds a good man who will give her love. If not, she could adopt a child by herself.

It's kind of a cheat for the writer to introduce someone new for the sole purpose of romantic healing, but I would not mind!!:D Adoption or a sperm donor would be ideal, but since the drama is concentrating on family, I guess she will reconcile with her fam and their past issues that led her to the decision to marry her hubby. What I want most for her is to go back to work.

I rewatched the episodes and I especially loved the scene when EunJoo and Tae Hyung's fight. That was seriously good acting! I really felt for both characters because Tae Hyung is being cruel to force Eun Joo to be the one to decide let go of him first, and Eun Joo was so broken by the his comments about the fertility treatment. The actress looked like she was crying for real from the veins on her face and the tears... When she broke down and held her head in her hand at the end of that fight, that was the moment I really connected with the character's pain. 

MONDAY IS HERE!!

54 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

However, I am glad that the biggest dramas in recent times have had older cast.

I really like that they make serious kdramas with mature cast as leads. There has to be a variety of dramas for all tastes. It is really rare for me to find a drama that has real issues to debate but has romance and funny moments as well. I don`t mind makjang elements as long as the problems are realistic and they behave like normal people. I am not a fan of romantic comedy (but I enjoy them if the plot is good) but I really really dislike crazy makjang (cheap soap opera style with over the top situations and villains who are so twisted for the audience to hate).

I am waiting for Graceful Friends in July with mature and talented cast. It is another genre (more suspenseful) and I hope I`ll see you at the thread too. :D

54 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

It's kind of a cheat for the writer to introduce someone new for the sole purpose of romantic healing, but I would not mind!!:D Adoption or a sperm donor would be ideal, but since the drama is concentrating on family, I guess she will reconcile with her fam and their past issues that led her to the decision to marry her hubby. What I want most for her is to go back to work.

Because I know who kdramas work, I realy doubt that they writer will introduce a new character for her now, but yeah... I would not mind either.  Maybe in the end, when many things will be resolved for our characters, we`ll see that Eun joo find someone else too.

I was thinking how I want kdramas to not be so formulaic. In the majority of kdramas we already know who are endgame, who is the villain, except for the main leads the other characters are useless in the story, with few exceptions  It is really rare for the whole cast to have meatier or  important roles. This is another reason  why I love this drama. Eun Hee is the central character but the others are important too and have their own stroylines.

About Eun Joo... she came back to work before this marrital crisis but I wish to see more of her work. Like I said, it is rare to see a woman patent lawyer in a drama and I am so currious to see her doing her job not only resolving family issues.

YAY, it is Monday. Last week I had 6 kdramas to watch. I used to have four dramas on Monday. Now I have just three and one on Wednesday. It`s enough for now. The Unfamiliar Family is my number one right now.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Ahhhh tvn playing up the love triangle ahead 

I hate when they are doing love triangles.  One woman has two or more contenders and others have no one.

I chose Chan Hyeok to win because, poor man, he will not have a proper romantic relationship unless he will get Eun Hee. Gun Joo can return to his ex fiancee or find another woman. He is not the type to wait indefinitely until he realises his feelings.

Than two women will be happy instead of only one. :D

Omg just streamed it... I don't like where CH and EH is going :( Either CH clearly likes Eunjoo, or he just wants to stay away from EH now cause she's with her boss.. 

I am so confused by the writer - Not sure if she's trying to work towards CH and Eunjoo, or CH and Eunhee. Eunhee clearly likes CH now though, even if she's still in denial. CH and EH pls.

Aside from this, what a deep episode. Every different moment and dialogue just sinks into your head. This show is amazing! Mum and dad, Eunjoo and mum, Eunjoo and Taehyung - so many deep convos today. This show is just way tooo intense but good.

12 minutes ago, Redpinkboxes said:

Omg just streamed it... I don't like where CH and EH is going :( Either CH clearly likes Eunjoo, or he just wants to stay away from EH now cause she's with her boss.. 

I am so confused by the writer - Not sure if she's trying to work towards CH and Eunjoo, or CH and Eunhee. Eunhee clearly likes CH now though, even if she's still in denial. CH and EH pls.

Aside from this, what a deep episode. Every different moment and dialogue just sinks into your head. This show is amazing! Mum and dad, Eunjoo and mum, Eunjoo and Taehyung - so many deep convos today. This show is just way tooo intense but good.

I think ( i havent watch ep 7 ) based on what i see. 

CH want to clear the line between him and EH 

Because anyone can knew that EH and CH had more than usual friendship.

Its maybe only me but EH seems to take their friendship for granted and think that CH will always be on her side even when she doing anything ( with mr player ) but CH seems to had enough and want to give space for her now.  

CH also lowkey get hurt imo because how EH easily use his name to shield herself and cause scandal between their friends thats CH never know.

But you know CH is pretty silent about his own feeling. Even with his ex i want to know more about his old relationship ( yeah i know she dumped him because of money ) i also want to know from CH perspective about what he feels to eunhee

Btw from the preview 

Is eunhee got jealous with CH and SY?

And wow she meet the fiancee of mr player 

30 minutes ago, Redpinkboxes said:

Omg just streamed it... I don't like where CH and EH is going

I have not watched the episode yet but if Chan Hyeok wants to distance  himself a little from Eun Hee is a good sign. Why don`t you like it? That`s the first step for someone who start to realise his own feelings. That distance will make Eun Hee miss him much and eventually will lead for her realization. That`s a classic storyline. JMO. Nothing to worry about. If you want to see them as a couple, that`s how is going to be. You don`t expect to be a couple so soon and see them happy ever after for the rest of the episodes? Kdramas/movies don`t do that. 

36 minutes ago, Redpinkboxes said:

Great.  I can`t wait to watch the episode. 

YES, Monday is here! I cannot wait to head home tonight to watch it. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Late morning start but I wanted to mention loved reading the most recent comments.

@ponderings @partyon @africandramalover @larus Thanks for your comments and insightful thoughts!

@triplem OOOOH playing up the love triangle.

@partyon I totally agree, I only took PSYCH101 in College. LOL. But yes, we tend to project our feelings on others. Yes love and hate are such opposite emotions on the spectrum but you have to have STRONG emotions for the other person in ORDER TO FEEL them. So that turbo charged emotional scene of confrontation ---bravo between TH and EJ. 

I agree the veteran actors are AMAZING, the mom is very good. I haven't seen her much but the father---he is just fantastic. I know I am in for a nuanced performance with him around. But the younger actors are holding their own ie TH and EJ. Love EH too in other dramas before this one. 

@ponderings  I enjoyed your thoughtful analysis of the color plays/ designs regarding EH and what she is wearing and her surroundings. I admit I don't think that deeply when I am immersed in a drama. But I always appreciate other fans pointing stuff I miss out on.

Spoiler

The recent hit Drama Hospital Playlist, if it were not for the eagle eyed fans, I would have missed out on alot of stuff. I was soooo addicted to the Korean Fans (many on YT posted in depth guess/clues) that were very thoughtful. They included noting the spaces of the characters/lines being drawn or undrawn in personal spaces. Then even down to the songs sung during noraebang scenes--finding the titles and reading into that aspect.  I LOVED it. Even many had no English Subs I was desperate and very addicted as there was only one episode a week. The 90 minutes just flew by and I was in starvation mode inbetween episodes for my fix.

I loved it TOO for the fact the leads are not babies. Adults in 30's early 40's, though I like young dramas (feel young watching them) but the majority of stuff I like to mix fluff and serious/dramatic fare. The recent World of the Married----based on BBC Dr Foster was stellar acting. Full of suspense and great acting AND not a dull moment. Cannot agree on everything but it was food for thought and kept me on my toes watching it.

@africandramalover I confess I have watched some idol driven dramas not expecting much on the acting because I loved the actual IDOL (yes I was lenient on bad writing or bad acting or both ---same for some actor/actresses I adore but know they are not very good at their craft just gorgeous). But majority of the time, I prefer quality acting and this drama is filling in all those points.

I cannot say much on today's episode but I cannot wait to see it!

@larus Thanks for these photo montages. I wish someone was live recapping this drama. It looks like a lot happened.

Ep 8 preview

Spoiler

Ep 7 clip

EH meets her boss ex GF clip

[혼돈 엔딩] 언니의 출생에 의문 갖게 된 한예리?! 그 앞에 나타난 바람씨의 여친 | (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 My Unfamiliar Family EP.7

EJ with her mom--curious when in her 20's no words of comfort to her when she was trying to be pregnant

**She feels something (My korean not good) something related mom and her dad she feels something.

눈물) 추자현이 그토록 듣고 싶었던 말을 엄마 원미경이 하지 못했던 이유 | (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 My Unfamiliar Family EP.7

TH calling EJ

자신을 속였던 게이 남편 김태훈에게 먼저 손 내민 추자현 우리 친구해 | (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 My Unfamiliar Family EP.7

Archived