[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

@partyon Thanks for explaining your usage of the Twerk image. lol! :Twerkdatbutt:I wouldn’t know when to use it too

as well!

Great thoughts on dad bring emotions and freely expressing them in the past to changing to being cold and less chatty. So try and I wonder when that happened? :sweats:

Thanks also to @ponderings sharing your experience with your friend about communication & drawing the line. :hooray:

Spoiler

I too had s friend who stood me up and didn’t respect me or my time. I had to do the same and stop being friends. It was tough but you deserve a person who respects you and your time & presence in their life!

Plus with EJ so true if we only saw one side of her and not the other it would definitely give us another sense of her. But as people,  we have many layers. We are just peeling them off these characters to see them better and their motivations & hurts. :happy2:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nodame and @partyon bring up a good point in dad's change in behavior. He holds a strong front and fails to be vulnerable. This may be why the entire family has trouble sharing their feelings and thoughts honestly on a daily basis. 

Spoiler

I am a huge fanatic on self help, especially when I decided to walk away from my friend. If someone is interested in vulnerability, Brene Brown's TedTalk: The Power of Vulnerability is remarkably eye opening. Although it may be difficult to watch the problems in the family, it's fun to observe and notice them and put it in context in real life. kdrama = self-help sessions :D

@ponderings hehe I rather from our fave family drama than IRL!

Just so much this weekend to handle but I am glad for the recent great dramas

to watch!  :sparklyeyes:

We we will see dad full of his memories and going to her volunteer site. Will he wreak havoc if he sees her suitor the fruit seller firmer professor?

EH telling Mr Player she wants out of her some /fling and games. That’s one twisted relationship.

CH and EH talking after JW told get to stay away from CH. 

EJ and mom and with her hubby, what is next now?

@triplem As always a GOLD star for your time and passion for this gem of a drama. OMG.

I need to work this morning. But my fave dramas are making me want to be here.

So much to digest (as expected) and this episode seems to not disappoint. 

We finally find out about EJ dad (he must be bright and good background---but not willing to marry /be with mom). The fact she was desperate enough to marry dad who loved her despite her situation. :omg:

Woah dad brings the other son and his son, OMG! I will have to watch the clips later during lunch.:eats2:

Oh and Mr. Player visits CH, I guess he really doesn't want to lose EH. He def knows CH is a threat to his already fragile some relationship with EH. :smashes:( I love you Shin Dong Wook, but that is  not right. I see you are desperate to cling hold on but EH is leaving you as we know. That last call with your GF/ex linger Ex  def did not HELP so messy. Plus EH is coming back to her senses.)

Why why EH and CH cannot be honest, the fear of losing each other as friends forever IF that other doesn't feel the same or if the dating relationship doesn't work out? (Honest and common fear, but still they DO balance each other.):emmm:

@triplem Yes, it is like the saying--it takes two to tango! There is no "we" in "I". So true.

The marriage started out well and yes stress/lack of communication and long work hours and daily life of having kids.

Dang. Dad sought solace in the arms of another, mom may have stayed in touch with EJ dad (I don't know how long or if just recent got back in touch) but she was long suffering housewife and mom.

Yes both are not in the right but both are not in the wrong, they did not talk and communicate. They both let their pent up frustrations and resentment get to this point. Wow def need to see it later. 

I am going to have an interesting Monday night catching  up on this drama and my other one (I am giddy about a long awaited Kiss scene) balancing this drama's angst and drama.

Was CH telling EH about his marriage interview? Did EH jokingly say that she likes him the most? Hopefully, in tomorrow’s episode, CH doesn’t tell EH to return back VPs feelings...

Really think that there is more to Father’s other son story. Maybe Father Must have thought it is easier to lie about the affair rather than tell the truth and fall even further down in Mother’s eyes. 

Hello all!

Ok I just watched the clips! I understand more simple Korean but alot went over my head (plus fast speed of talking) with EJ and EH conversation. So bear with me.

Thanks as always @triplem for recaps/clips today.

Clip---dad returns home with everyone there:what!:

-Dad announces he is back and then brings in YS and his son. He said it was about time that everyone know each others faces as they are all one FAMILY.

-Mom is having chest pains and EH goes over to her), JW are shocked, EJ (hid her expression well as expected) 

Clip of CH and EH (Oh their mildang / push and pull):cries3:

-EH shares she always thought she would be MOM's fan no matter what. But now she is not liking her a bit. Sharing seeing slowly a war in front of her. Impossible things she never thought of.

-CH is like--so ? You are not only be dad's side/fan instead?

-EH is like--no now I am just only going to look out for myself now. She said something about xxx family.

-CH confesses something to EH (not sure of the details) nutshell about knowing with manager meeting and DELIBERATELY ended /did it to end earlier. Then act that it was coincidence we would be able to meet (?)

EH intensely stares at CH in a daze that CH snaps his fingers at her to snap out of it

-CH asks--what is up with your gaze/stare?

-EH like--oh woo mo (lol)

-CH admitted he was a bit over board , with friends saying lets stop talking /keeping in touch (taking a break) seems childish.

Said Jihye (not sure if correct name)  that he was worried about her and EJ Nuna --up ran in a hurry. 

EH makes a face.

CH leans in saying--You look a bit disappointed.

EH- hmm totally disappointed. Meeting by coincidence makes the heart flutter. End the friendship (friends end) then point up 1 finger, then it is day 1 !! (of dating):bashful:

CH pulls away a bit stunned.

EH- Then she leans over snaps her fingers. Got you! Was it something you wanted to hear?

EH then sticks out her tongue and takes a sip of her drink.

*** The sis talk was hard for me.

EJ definitely knows her birth dad is not their shared DAD. EH says dad always treated you as HIS daughter.  They go back and forth--EJ words do sting.

@Sirry Usly I saw the clip Introducing  the other son, I wonder if he is around EJ age for me . Then YS just got married early? 

No clue but I am definitely interested in the story of dad’s other family. 

Tomorrow’s episode is going to be interesting as we will learn more about that side .

i cannot wait to see the subs on EJ and EH talk. Also curious about MR Player and CH talk as well! 

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

@Sirry Usly I saw the clip Introducing  the other son, I wonder if he is around EJ age for me . Then YS just got married early? 

No clue but I am definitely interested in the story of dad’s other family. 

Tomorrow’s episode is going to be interesting as we will learn more about that side .

i cannot wait to see the subs on EJ and EH talk. Also curious about MR Player and CH talk as well! 

I'm curious about VP and CH talk also. I really hope this doesn't stop EH and CH from making progress because I don't like VP for EH. His situation is too messy. I really wish the preview for ep 10 had subs so that I could understand what CH said to EH when they met. Also, the brother in ep 9 mentioned a marriage meeting. I really hope he doesn't go or the brother understood it wrong. 

I was not expecting today's ending!! I am excited for tomorrow's episode and I expect there will be more drama. :lol: What else can I expect in a kdrama!! haha

There were difficult emotions among the two sisters and the mom. I felt for EunJoo, but she had trouble processing the information. She was standing in front of EH's apartment looking so lifeless. She couldn't cry until she had an argument with EunHee...until EJ heard EH's hurtful words. :tears:

Aside from the heaviness of this episode, I enjoyed seeing today's cameo Park Hee von and Oh Eui shik. I thought I was watching Familiar Wife until they cut to Chan Hyuk and his team taking pictures of the baby and the couple. Haha. What a surprise! 

2vtKXKn.jpg

It's personally funny to me because when I used to watch Familiar Wife I would type in Unfamiliar Wife to search for the episodes. And now here I am watching My Unfamiliar Family. If anyone is interested in watching Familiar Wife, it's a time travel drama starring Jisung and Han JiMin. Perfect for the summer season! 

Ok back to discussing this drama. I love this shot of both EunHee and ChanHyuk

B8ovq6a.jpg

The colors of their clothes are reversed in episode 6. 

g9dZfpI.jpg

Also one of my favorite scenes of these two together. I can't wait for EunHee to dive deeper into her feelings and confess to ChanHyuk because we see that she was waiting for Chan Hyuk at the meditation center. Also, I am so proud of EunHee drawing a line between her and GunJoo! Yay yay yay!  

“My Unfamiliar Family” And “Dinner Mate” In Close Race For No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama

Jun 30, 2020
by R. Jun
33285760270642c08d1ffaeee35440f1.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “My Unfamiliar Family” and MBC’s “Dinner Mate” are in a close race for the spot as the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama.

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 29 broadcast of tvN’s “My Unfamiliar Family” recorded average viewership of 4.4 percent. Although the drama saw a 0.3 point decrease from the previous episode, it is boasting strong reviews and steady viewership.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1409989wpp/my-unfamiliar-family-and-dinner-mate-in-close-race-for-no-1-monday-tuesday-drama

OMG - EDIT-

SPOILERS for EP 10 - MAJOR spoilers for CH and EH!

CH and EH were walking around her hood, cause there was a park CH wanted to take photos in. So EH became his model.. he talked about how Gunjoo spoke to him, and could tell he liked her.. somehow their conversation continues and EH says some stuff, and he said I wanted to tell you something, but now i dont want to anymore.

EH bugs him, saying shes curious now and needs to know. So he goes....

Chanhyuk to Eunhee: I really like Jiwoo as a younger brother, and Eunjoo too, i like her. But the reason is.. you. 

CH: To me, my friend is the most important.

EH in her head: Is there a friendship that is more perfect than this? While my heart flutters, it feels sad... (probably cause she feels they won't be anything more than friends).

Then to break the awkwardness....

EH: isn't this a lie! (jokingly)

CH: You are quick with things so obviously you wouldn't have believed this
EH: You side my sister, and you know more secrets about JW than me.. as if i would believe it. 

And then go on to banter, CH saying EH cursed him etc. 

I'm deaaaaad THIS friendship is so cute and lovely and like even if they don't ever date, i'll be sad but i'll be fine. Haha their relationship is so similar to the Taiwanese drama In Time With You.

Anyway, more MAJOR and better spoilers of EH and CH below!

CH calls EH. EH answers being super drunk and "happy". And he asks why she's like that, and she said if you're curious, 500 won. And he says he is going home after sending nuna off... and she just says into the phone happily for him to go home.

He goes and find her, and she starts singing a song with his name. He tries to take one of her beers, and she tells him to get his own. They talk about how Eunhee sent him a photo of Eunjoo when he was in the army, and she said it was because eunjoo was pretty. He said theres alot of he took of EH too that were pretty. 

Some old school song starts playing and they reminisce it. They talked about the first time he took photos of her. it was in autumn when they were 20 years old and they were drunk. Talked about how much they drink and said being young makes so much difference. She said if she had to rank the perfect nights of her life, that night would have been number one. CH looks shocked. He said he was honoured. We both didn't look at each other as a guy or a girl, and were just platonically friends. They had good chats all night, talking fun stuff, serious stuff, and even dreams. She said she kept something from the night, so that she could remember it forever. He asked if she did remember it for a long while. Then she said, this is the first time im telling you this. Said: the next day when I went to school, i suddenly saw you as a man. when i go to school, you are there.  *CH in shock* She said, i was always thinking about how we hung out till the wee hours, and no one else in the school knew about it. She covers her mouth saying: we had a secret only we knew. Then she said, she kept thinking about how when she met his eyes, what should she do, etc. like a girl in love. Then she had her heart fluttering as she went into the lecture hall to find out the secret they shared, he had shared it with everyone else including Jongmin. all the photos he took of her. So she was embarrassed and upset that they were found out, so that night, she ended him as a dude in her life (friendzone). CH drinks awkwardly. Saying they didnt even date and hearing all these feels weird. 

CH follows behind Eunhee as she jumps around drunkly as they walked. He then smiles at her subtly.

CH in his head: To you it's a memory, but to me, i feel like this is the start.

And he walks to her... goes close to her, like he was coming in for a kiss or hug. Episode ends.

Other Spoilers

- Eunjoo is ready to divorce TH. TH has been super nice to her all ep, i just wish his bisexual rather than gay now because i feel like they would be such a cute and sweet couple now.

EX gf of Gunjoo meets Eunhee to tell her she's going back to America, and told her a whole ton of things, including how they slept together on their last night. She then asks Eunhee to pass Gunjoo something. Lol this girl's not cool at all.

Eunjoo goes to TH's mum to tell her off (politely) about screwing TH's life.  

Eunjoo meets Chanhyuk. Talks about how she looked at the wedding photos again and asked what he felt and saw when he took their photos.

Eunjoo then talks about EH to CH: Eunhee liked you before. CH looked so shock. She explained about what Eunhee did then that made her know she liked Chan hyuk. She said that there was a time she kept talking about CH after she entered uni, and it was so obvious, but one fine day it finally stopped (assuming it was the time jongmin asked her out).

Eunhee is drinking alone, possibly being sad and tiny bit jealous of CH meeting EJ, but of course because she is selfless, she doesnt do anything and just drinks alone. 

Gunjoo comes and look for EH to find an empty desk.

Mum tries to give dad the money again. Dad tries to tell her, saying he will give her expense even tho they are separated, but she said not to use it as excuse to meet her. Mum scolds him saying how he could have kept such a secret from him for so many years. He then asks mum, if she doesn't have any secrets from him. and he said that he knew Eunjoo's real dad came for her wedding.

Eunjoo talks to TH about finding TH's mum today. He said leave her out because this is their problem.

MY SHIP HAS SAILEEEEED.

4 minutes ago, Redpinkboxes said:

OMG 

SPOILERS for EP 9

Chanhyuk to Eunhee: I really like Jiwoo as a younger brother, and Eunjoo too, i like her. But the reason is.. you.

I'm deaaaaad THIS friendship is so cute and lovely and like even if they don't ever date, i'll be sad but i'll be fine. Haha their relationship is so similar to the Taiwanese drama In Time With You.

Ep 9 or 10?

43 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Ep 9 or 10?

SORRY my bad!

10. Hahah got to excited i was typing in a rush. Was lazy yesterday and today and wasn't going to share my spoilers.. but my ship sailed so i decided to type what i can catch quickly from then. 

OMG I was busy I have not seen ep 9 yet so I am going to roll and watch both ep 9 and ep 10 tonight (together).

@Redpinkboxes BLess your warm generous heart!

Always big shoutout to @triplem as always!

OMG EH and CH, I like she shared her precious memory and confessed liking him as a man. Then to have EJ share that EH liked him LONGER Than that. Awwwwwwwwwww. CH wondering why EH sent a pretty pic of EJ to him. I like their friendship here. I agree even if they don't date (though I think they will as drama writer's gods want it) I agree reminds me now of "In Time with you" (OMG loved that drama and their friendship).

Spoiler

I was crushing big time on Chen Bolin and Ariel Lin. They were so great in it. I watched the Korean remake in 2015--not bad but still loved the OTP in the Taiwanese drama original of 2011. Just a big bias as both were good productions. (I always worry about remakes as not always done well but I admit alot have been well done though.)

oh so the fruit seller is not her lover, just admirer that mom is not serious about. (They did make it seem so as he was university prof ) and she loves poems and went to college. So that was inferred to troll us. Sigh all these red herrings.

I agree I wish TH was bisexual. But EJ needs to move on and I am glad she did in her way try to stand up for TH.. Awww those two.

CH telling EH why he is close to JW and willing to listen be friends with EJ is all because of her. OMG squeeals. 

DANG the crazed EX has to bother EH?! GW --the ship has left you and I am glad EH is moving on.I really cannot wait to see a tipsy EH with CH. With drinks you get the truth and I loved how she shared her heart of that past "memory" 

Archived